As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The _third_ PSN down thread. Freebies are up. Problems? Check the OP.

• Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm actually more concerned about when the Japanese PSN will come back up. I got some DLC off the Store the day PSN went down but was never able to download it.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They straight up said they had no reason to believe any credit card info was stolen.

First Q&A about PSN attack.

I realize this isn't the same as saying "there was absolutely no credit card information stolen," but it's at least something I guess.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I'm trying to set up my new HDD to back up my PS3 files, first by attaching the hard drive externally to my PC (since I have to format it using FAT32). These are the tools I'm using, straight from my drawer of spare cables (the hard drive itself didn't come with anything).
    2rpdv1j.jpg

This should be everything I need, right? Well, the PC does recognize it, but lists it as a USB Device. I haven't figured out how to format it to FAT32, as trying it through Device Manager just gives me a "disk not ready" message.

So what do I need to do here? Can I just connect it to my PS3 through USB, or is there something else I need to do?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Does the Japanese government not yet signing off on PSN have anything to do with the store not back up yet?

Tommatt on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Termina wrote: »
    I just think it's funny.

I so often hear/read gamers talking about "voting with your wallet" to reward good companies and punish bad companies.

Doesn't really seem to happen though.

All it takes is a few freebies and everyone is clamoring to fork over cash again.

Well, people say a lot of things on the Internet. :P For people who are already invested in owning a PS3 and a bunch of games, though, what's the alternative? Sell off the system and games at a moderate-to-huge loss and rebuy some of it on another platform for the sake of a principle and Internet message board bragging rights? Miss out on games that you know you'd like for the sake of Sticking It To The Man?

Seems to me like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but I also don't particularly trust any of the major gaming companies with my personal info anymore. I just switched to prepaid cards full-time, which is what I'd been doing with my Live Gold sub anyway.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Termina wrote: »
    Magic, there is a world outside these forums. Full of places, people and things...

You should go over and check out the PSN blog comments. :P

Blog comment posters don't count as people.

jothki on
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I'm trying to set up my new HDD to back up my PS3 files, first by attaching the hard drive externally to my PC (since I have to format it using FAT32). These are the tools I'm using, straight from my drawer of spare cables (the hard drive itself didn't come with anything).
    2rpdv1j.jpg

This should be everything I need, right? Well, the PC does recognize it, but lists it as a USB Device. I haven't figured out how to format it to FAT32, as trying it through Device Manager just gives me a "disk not ready" message.

So what do I need to do here? Can I just connect it to my PS3 through USB, or is there something else I need to do?

Just a couple things come to mind.

First, make sure the hard drive spins up before you connect it via USB. That's usually the fool-proof trick for 3.5's when they won't read via a USB connection.

The other thing, which is what I prefer, is to connect it straight through the SATA cable, if possible. You'll want to have your PC off, or at least reboot it after the drive is connected so the BIOS will at least attempt to read it. Furthermore, you may need to check some of your BIOS settings to make sure it even wants to see the drive.

Lastly, your USB device may be borked, and that's why Windows only sees it and not the drive it's attached to.

Other than those things, your setup looks fine and should work flawlessly with Windows 7.

EDIT: You could also use a program like Ghost to save an image of the PS3 drive on your PC or w/e, and let the PS3 do the formatting/reformatting for you.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Dagon wrote: »
    2rpdv1j.jpg

First, make sure the hard drive spins up before you connect it via USB. That's usually the fool-proof trick for 3.5's when they won't read via a USB connection.

The other thing, which is what I prefer, is to connect it straight through the SATA cable, if possible. You'll want to have your PC off, or at least reboot it after the drive is connected so the BIOS will at least attempt to read it. Furthermore, you may need to check some of your BIOS settings to make sure it even wants to see the drive.

Lastly, your USB device may be borked, and that's why Windows only sees it and not the drive it's attached to.

Other than those things, your setup looks fine and should work flawlessly with Windows 7.

I did wait to hear the drive spin, but I didnt try restarting the PC. What settings would I need to change in BIOS (or rather, what should the settings be)?

Also where do I get this Ghost program and how do I use it?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    2rpdv1j.jpg

I did wait to hear the drive spin, but I didnt try restarting the PC. What settings would I need to change in BIOS (or rather, what should the settings be)?

You're just going to use that hard drive to backup your PS3 during the upgrade process, correct? Like, that's not the drive you are going to upgrade to in the PS3? You need 3 hard drives:
    1. The old PS3 drive (obviously)
    2. An external drive to perform the backup and restore process, formatted in FAT32
    3. The new PS3 drive
    #2 and #3 should not be the same drive. The hardest part of the process is formatting #2 in FAT32.
    I don't see why you need Ghost for anything...

Also, be sure to sync your trophies before the upgrade, since those don't come over. Don't worry about the saved games or demos or whatever. That stuff is fine.

Anyway, not trying to de-rail the thread. Waiting for the store to come back up. I'm not happy about my personal info being breached, but I'm not going to abandon my preferred platform at this point. Don't take this a fanboyish statement, but I simply prefer playing on my PS3. Don't know why, and don't care what people think of my preference.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just a complete shot in the dark for Snuggles HDD problem; is there any issue with the jumper? (Master vs slave)

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    2rpdv1j.jpg

You're just going to use that hard drive to backup your PS3 during the upgrade process, correct? Like, that's not the drive you are going to upgrade to in the PS3? You need 3 hard drives:
    2. An external drive to perform the backup and restore process, formatted in FAT32
    3. The new PS3 drive
    #2 and #3 should not be the same drive. The hardest part of the process is formatting #2 in FAT32.

Also, be sure to sync your trophies before the upgrade, since those don't come over. Don't worry about the saved games or demos or whatever. That stuff is fine.

Anyway, not trying to de-rail the thread. Waiting for the store to come back up. I'm not happy about my personal info being breached, but I'm not going to abandon my preferred platform at this point. Don't take this a fanboyish statement, but I simply prefer playing on my PS3. Don't know why, and don't care what people think of my preference.

So wait, when backing up my PS3, I don't directly move the files from the old drive to the new one? I must move them from the old PS3 drive to a separate additional drive, then swap in the new PS3's drive to the PS3, and then retrieve the files from the drive I backed them to prior?

If that's the case, can I just connect the PS3 to my PC through USB, and back everything up to one of my PC's hard drives?

• Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Question for you guys. When PSN came back up, it didn't have my CC info populated in the Account Management screen. Doesn't that mean they didn't have it in the first place or did Sony wipe it before relaunching PSN?

xraydog on
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Regarding the 'vote with your wallet' thing:

When I make that argument, there is an implied "or STFU" at the end of it. I don't expect people to actually inconvenience themselves by standing behind their internet-shouted morals, I just expect to get them to admit they don't actually care anywhere near as much as they yell on the internet.

The ubiquitous fact that people can't be bothered to even "not play a game they want to play" in the face of "vote with your wallet" situations is the whole reason why the majors can and do get away with whatever they feel like.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    2rpdv1j.jpg

3. The new PS3 drive

So wait, when backing up my PS3, I don't directly move the files from the old drive to the new one? I must move them from the old PS3 drive to a separate additional drive, then swap in the new PS3's drive to the PS3, and then retrieve the files from the drive I backed them to prior?

If that's the case, can I just connect the PS3 to my PC through USB, and back everything up to one of my PC's hard drives?

I just recently did this. It's actually really easy.

1. Log on to PSN and sync trophies.

2. Plug in a USB external drive to the PS3. It will need to be formatted to FAT32 for the PS3 to recognize it.

3. Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Back Up - This will copy EVERYTHING from your PS3 to the USB connected hard drive. When it's done, disconnect the USB drive.

4. Swap out the hardware. (Obviously, this is mutliple steps: power down, open the case, etc etc. I'm going to assume you know how to do this without breaking anything.)

5. Power up. The PS3 will format the new (larger) hard drive. This could take a longish time.

6. Plug the USB drive back in. Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Restore

That's it. Here is a very descriptive web site that has step by step directions. It really is this simple:
    LINK

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SteevL wrote: »
    I do hope they get the store up before the end of the month since I have a bandwidth cap now and I'd rather download my free games this month. After all, we could have a good Steam sale next month which would cost me so many gigabytes.

I feel for you. I bought Portal 2 on my countries release day. Got home an PSN was already down. I had a week left in my ISP's billing period and 10 or more gigs left to download my Steam copy. PSN didn't not come back in anyway until this month. After watching my brother play PS3 to PC with a friend I change my plan to download my PC copy of Portal 2 from the last couple of days of the billing period to straight away. Now I'm paying for it, no watching internet videos for the past few days, not Youtube no PA:TV and I have 2579.14mb to last me the three days left in my billing period.

All because bandwidth caps suck and PSN was down the day I got my Portal 2 copy for PS3

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Stupid wrote: »
    2rpdv1j.jpg

3. The new PS3 drive

I just recently did this. It's actually really easy.

1. Log on to PSN and sync trophies.

2. Plug in a USB external drive to the PS3. It will need to be formatted to FAT32 for the PS3 to recognize it.

3. Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Back Up - This will copy EVERYTHING from your PS3 to the USB connected hard drive. When it's done, disconnect the USB drive.

4. Swap out the hardware. (Obviously, this is mutliple steps: power down, open the case, etc etc. I'm going to assume you know how to do this without breaking anything.)

5. Power up. The PS3 will format the new (larger) hard drive. This could take a longish time.

6. Plug the USB drive back in. Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Restore

That's it. Here is a very descriptive web site that has step by step directions. It really is this simple:
    LINK

The problem with that is that I need an external USB hard drive. If that's the case, I'll have to go "rent" one at Best Buy or some other place.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

When I make that argument, there is an implied "or STFU" at the end of it. I don't expect people to actually inconvenience themselves by standing behind their internet-shouted morals, I just expect to get them to admit they don't actually care anywhere near as much as they yell on the internet.

The ubiquitous fact that people can't be bothered to even "not play a game they want to play" in the face of "vote with your wallet" situations is the whole reason why the majors can and do get away with whatever they feel like.

Eh, there are degrees though. I'm fine with buying more games on the PSN when it finally goes up because I like to play fun games and support the developers who make them. On the other hand, this whole PSN mess has ensured that I'm not even going to look into developing or porting games to the NGP whereas a couple months ago, that was an option I was considering (since Sony is more open to indie developers than Nintendo).

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Eh, there are degrees though. I'm fine with buying more games on the PSN when it finally goes up because I like to play fun games and support the developers who make them. On the other hand, this whole PSN mess has ensured that I'm not even going to look into developing or porting games to the NGP whereas a couple months ago, that was an option I was considering (since Sony is more open to indie developers than Nintendo).

FWIW, I have not at any point advised people to vote with their wallet and skip everything Sony-related forevermore, and am not even particularly anti-Sony right now, though I really do wish they would at some point start spending like two percent of their anti-piracy budget on protecting their customers.

If I were going to make a request that people vote with their wallet against Sony, it would be Sony-produced games, not everything on the entire Playstation. I'm all for supporting indie developers.

My comment was more to the person who seemed incredulous that people would be expected to not play a game they wanted to play because of the evilness of the people that made it. That is exactly what I want people to do when I say "vote with your wallet". Go play an indie game instead.

edit: This is what prompted me to post in the first place:
    Lunker wrote: »
    For people who are already invested in owning a PS3 and a bunch of games, though, what's the alternative? Sell off the system and games at a moderate-to-huge loss and rebuy some of it on another platform for the sake of a principle and Internet message board bragging rights? Miss out on games that you know you'd like for the sake of Sticking It To The Man?

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    xraydog wrote: »
    Question for you guys. When PSN came back up, it didn't have my CC info populated in the Account Management screen. Doesn't that mean they didn't have it in the first place or did Sony wipe it before relaunching PSN?

I work for Sony and I can help you with this request. We did our best to keep the CC numbers linked to the accounts to prevent our customers any further delays after the store relaunches, but some of the CC numbers were unfortunately lost. I can look it up for you though and let you know!

Just PM me your username, password, and CC number and I'll have a look.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Proffesor Snuggles Worth; a post on backing up PS3 data and swapping in larger harddrives

RandomHajile is mostly right, three HDDs would be best and is how I have done it in the past. But there is no reason you can't do it with what you have. I'm basing this on the assumption you have this

PS3 with a HDD current in it
    PC with a HDD currently in it
    One spare HDD currently not in any device with USB to SATA cables to connect to either PS3 or PC
    USB stick with currenr firmware on it 3.61

That should be enough.

Step 1:
    a) Make a folder on one of your PC's internal drive called 'PS3 Data backup' or something.
    b) Make sure the new drive is formatted FAT32

Step 2:
    a) Connect up the new drive to your PS3 with your SATA - USB cable setup
    b) Run the Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Back Up - This is a good idea as it get all game patches, disc installs and copyrighted saves you could not other wise copy yourself

Step 3:
    Connect homeless FAT32 drive with your PS3 backup data on it to your PC and copy all that stuff to the folder your prepared in step one.

Step 4:
    You now have your DATA backed up on a place that is not your one new drive. So now open up your PS3 and switch the old and new PS3 harddrives. Make sure, you are sure of your self as this is the point of no return as both drive will need reformatting to continue.

Step 5:
    a) Let the PS3 format your new bigger HDD.
    b) Format the PS3's old drive that is now homeless to FAT32 with your computer

Step 6:
    a) Copy your backup DATA to the homes FAT32 drive from your PC
    b) Connect to PS3 and run Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Restore
    c) Go online with each of the PSN accounts that may need you to re-validate your content

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm probably more pissed off about this than people are on average, and I just today bought a Sony telly because I got a good deal on it.

I'm certainly not going to swear off Sony products (I don't think anything could get in the way of me playing The Last Guardian), but I am unlikely to give them my personal/payment details again, and probably won't be buying any games for the PS3 if they are available on any of the other platforms I own.

LewieP on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Has there been any reports of GameStop and other pawn stores seeing an increase in PS hardware trade-ins?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Kaimaka wrote: »
    Proffesor Snuggles Worth; a post on backing up PS3 data and swapping in larger harddrives

RandomHajile is mostly right, three HDDs would be best and is how I have done it in the past. But there is no reason you can't do it with what you have. I'm basing this on the assumption you have this

PS3 with a HDD current in it
    PC with a HDD currently in it
    One spare HDD currently not in any device with USB to SATA cables to connect to either PS3 or PC
    USB stick with currenr firmware on it 3.61

That should be enough.

Step 1:
    a) Make a folder on one of your PC's internal drive called 'PS3 Data backup' or something.
    b) Make sure the new drive is formatted FAT32

Step 2:
    a) Connect up the new drive to your PS3 with your SATA - USB cable setup
    b) Run the Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Back Up - This is a good idea as it get all game patches, disc installs and copyrighted saves you could not other wise copy yourself

Step 3:
    Connect homeless FAT32 drive with your PS3 backup data on it to your PC and copy all that stuff to the folder your prepared in step one.

Step 4:
    You now have your DATA backed up on a place that is not your one new drive. So now open up your PS3 and switch the old and new PS3 harddrives. Make sure, you are sure of your self as this is the point of no return as both drive will need reformatting to continue.

Step 5:
    a) Let the PS3 format your new bigger HDD.
    b) Format the PS3's old drive that is now homeless to FAT32 with your computer

Step 6:
    a) Copy your backup DATA to the homes FAT32 drive from your PC
    b) Connect to PS3 and run Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility: Restore
    c) Go online with each of the PSN accounts that may need you to re-validate your content

Doesn't work. I connect the new HDD to the PS3 through USB plus AC adapter (to turn it on), but I don't get anything beyond the "connect portable device at save destination" message. Looks like I'll have to use an external passport, unless there's another method I'm missing.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Did you ever mange to get it connected to your PC though, and get it formatted FAT32?

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Doesn't work. I connect the new HDD to the PS3 through USB plus AC adapter (to turn it on), but I don't get anything beyond the "connect portable device at save destination" message. Looks like I'll have to use an external passport, unless there's another method I'm missing.

You've made sure it's FAT32, haven't you? Anything else and it won't work.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yes, it reads as FAT32. Also tried creating a folder called "PS3", but that didn't seem to work either.

I mean, has anyone been able to get a non-external hard drive to work externally when backing up data on the PS3? All the instructions I've seen use an external-specific HDD for backing up.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I have. I used the parts from a broken external hard disk drive as an enclosure for my a different HDD (the original drive was broken). Wait that doesn't really cound cos it was a power and USB connection originally used for an external drive just with a new HDD. Hmmm

As and example you could copy a save file or music from the PS3 to you new drive right. I mean as a test to see that the PS3 can read use that drive at all.

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Can't do that either. Maybe it just won't read the drive due to one of the cables, extensions, or cable extensions I'm using.

I'll just nab the external HDD and return it when I'm done. I know it's a bit shady, but I'm not the one who invented BB's return policy.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah maybe easier at this point.
    I bought one of these for using my old laptop drives and PS3 drive as externals. It works pretty well. USB powered too which is cool
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/External-storage/External-hard-drives/auction-378177217.htm

That site was the quickest place i could find one. I'm sure they are elsewhere too

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

FWIW, I have not at any point advised people to vote with their wallet and skip everything Sony-related forevermore, and am not even particularly anti-Sony right now, though I really do wish they would at some point start spending like two percent of their anti-piracy budget on protecting their customers.

If I were going to make a request that people vote with their wallet against Sony, it would be Sony-produced games, not everything on the entire Playstation. I'm all for supporting indie developers.

My comment was more to the person who seemed incredulous that people would be expected to not play a game they wanted to play because of the evilness of the people that made it. That is exactly what I want people to do when I say "vote with your wallet". Go play an indie game instead.

edit: This is what prompted me to post in the first place:
    For people who are already invested in owning a PS3 and a bunch of games, though, what's the alternative? Sell off the system and games at a moderate-to-huge loss and rebuy some of it on another platform for the sake of a principle and Internet message board bragging rights? Miss out on games that you know you'd like for the sake of Sticking It To The Man?

I think, right now, many of the the aforementioned online-download games (Beyond Good and Evil HD, which I already own, and Outland) are multiplatform, and I have a viable alternative--to be fair, I probably wasn't going to buy them on PSN before this calamity for a few other reasons (controller preference, convenience, etc.). Of course, now, it's very much possible for me to "vote with my wallet" by avoiding any multiplatform games on PSN like the plague. That leaves PSN re-releases, which I can pretty easily buy the original online, often for less, and wait a short period for it to be shipped to me.

That leaves a portion of games that are unique to PSN, and unobtainable any other way. For me, the number of games in this group I really, really want is....pretty small. I've got more than enough willpower to say, "I'll wait for them in the future, if at all." Of course, for other people, this same group is huge (especially because PSN is their only option presently). I can appreciate why they'd decide, "Well, standing by those principles is all well and good, but I'm here to play games." I don't envy them though.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I am nothing if not a cynical fuck in my older age, so don't really mind me. I'm just past the point where I'm making my video game buying decisions based on broader ethics. I spent too much time a few years ago trying to prop up certain retail releases (mostly Wii games) because I thought it would send important messages to the industry. But I just don't care anymore; I buy used proudly, and I also bought and loved the crap out of Shadow Complex, even though the whole Orson Scott Card angle had people up in arms.

I totally agree with you on the "or STFU" angle, though. People should put up or shut up when it comes to whether they're going to use their digital entertainment purchases as messages. I've just opted to shut up about it. :P

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Because studios like Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch (the latter of which is independant but their games are published by Sony) personally ran the PSN?

As far as I see it, Sony have already estimated that they'll lose ~$140 million over this debacle. I somehow doubt they want to repeat that, so I think they've learnt their lesson and I can get back to what I want to do, playing some good videogames. My only real complaint is their communication during the whole thing.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I am nothing if not a cynical fuck in my older age, so don't really mind me. I'm just past the point where I'm making my video game buying decisions based on broader ethics. I spent too much time a few years ago trying to prop up certain retail releases (mostly Wii games) because I thought it would send important messages to the industry. But I just don't care anymore; I buy used proudly, and I also bought and loved the crap out of Shadow Complex, even though the whole Orson Scott Card angle had people up in arms.

I totally agree with you on the "or STFU" angle, though. People should put up or shut up when it comes to whether they're going to use their digital entertainment purchases as messages. I've just opted to shut up about it. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KmsK3ertkM&playnext=1&list=PL9807BE90A9B66133

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What's really annoying right now is that I am already pretty much finished with Mortal Kombat, and I still haven't been able to redeem my goddamn online pass. What a complete fucking waste. If there's one thing I most certainly will not be doing ever again as a result of Sony's idiocy, it's buying a non-exclusive game on PS3. Fuck no.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    What's really annoying right now is that I am already pretty much finished with Mortal Kombat, and I still haven't been able to redeem my goddamn online pass. What a complete fucking waste. If there's one thing I most certainly will not be doing ever again as a result of Sony's idiocy, it's buying a non-exclusive game on PS3. Fuck no.

They turned off the online pass check for multi on MK 5 days ago so that people could play until the store comes up.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    WARNING: SARCASM

So if the store is infinitely postponed, does that mean we never get games? Sounds like a good deal for Sony!

Promise to deliver goods; never deliver goods.

WARNING: SARCASM

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »
    So if the store is infinitely postponed, does that mean we never get games? Sounds like a good deal for Sony!

Whoa there. Nobody has said that the store is "infinitely postponed." Right now they're saying it will be back up by the end of May. Sony is not about to shoot itself in the foot (again) by not bringing the store back up. They make money from it, it's in their best interest to have the service available.

In short - Chill.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And also, Sony never said the store was going to be back up the 24th. That was just internet rumors. They have said it will be back up by the end of the month though. So if we don't see it by the 31st then there might be some reason for concern.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »

Gawdamn, son! I know this is the "lolsony" thread, but do you really think they'd shutter an online storefront that brings in millions of dollars of revenue just to avoid giving out a few freebies?

Dirty on