As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NBA: Jordan Leading the Bobcats to the promised land.

• TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They called a similar flagrant on Haywood yesterday so it isn't that surprising that they called that a flagrant too. Boozer did hit him in the face so it was the right call but Bosh sold it so hard it looked like he was getting shot.

edit: Wow, Thibs taking tips from fellow Coach of the Year Scott Brooks and not calling up an actual fucking play on the inbounds pass to win the game.

TheSuperWoot on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Why not run a pick and roll?

They are going to lose in OT

So It Goes on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Aaaaaaaaaaah OT nooooooooo

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    LeBron with the forearm shiver...and it gets called!

Rose hasn't had his legs since April...DRIVE THE BALL!

OT...

Doctor Detroit on
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Predictable play call. The Thunder tried to do the same thing yesterday with Durant. At least the Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls would pass the ball to Paxon, rather than predictably allowing Jordan to take the shot.

Slider on
    edited May 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Why not run a pick and roll?

They are going to lose in OT

The only team left that runs any semblance of a structured offense is the Mavs heh. Everyone else is just iso Lebron/Wade/Rose/Durant/Westbrook until something interesting happens.

edit: And sometimes the Mavs decide to go into "fuck it" mode and just try and shoot threes for minutes at a time.

double edit: And James continues his domination of Rose.

TheSuperWoot on
    edited May 2011
    Blargh. What has happened to the NBA? I remember when all five players were used.

Slider on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ok, seriously, that last jumper by Lebron was clearly traveling. Do the refs not call traveling anymore?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2011
    What? Transcendent players have always been able to take control over a game. Chamberlain basically had the entire game changed so that he wouldn't dominate even harder. Unless you are talking about the days when they used to play in a cage.

edit: Nope, none of the refs give a shit about traveling anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_ljDfevB0

TheSuperWoot on
    edited May 2011
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Ok, seriously, that last jumper by Lebron was clearly traveling. Do the refs not call traveling anymore?

Yeah, terrible officiating there, but really the Bulls gave this away. Terrible play at the end of the 4th, and then they just fell apart in OT.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That is total bullshit. He blatantly walked on that play. Even John Hollinger tweeted right after saying he walked. This shit is so rigged to get the Heatles to the Finals for the ratings.

fortis on
    edited May 2011
    Regardless of shitty calls the Bulls handed this one to the Heat. Seriously, you would think they would stop letting rose iso when they put Lebron on him, but no iso after iso when James has 6 inches on him and is athletic and long enough to shut him down. Then those horrible turnovers in OT were just sloppy as hell.

TheSuperWoot on
    edited May 2011
    I'm rooting for the Heat and even I was like "wtf travel!" The tendency for refs to ignore extra steps isn't exactly new, but that was pretty blatant.

That said, Wade's two blocks in OT totally deflated the Bulls.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My housemate's rooting for the Bulls. Awkward. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Free throw attempts 38 to 22 in favor of the Heat.

fortis on
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I hope that these playoffs underscore the importance of being a high percentage free throw shooter. You can argue that Dallas and Miami won on the free throw line. It's always pissed me off how professional basketball players, marquee players even, will accept shooting 60% at the line.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2011
    In other news, everyone in the Lakers front office is taking some serious hallucinogens:
    The Los Angeles Lakers are engaged in serious discussions with Mike Brown about the ex-Cleveland Cavaliers coach becoming the franchise’s next coach, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday night.

TheSuperWoot on
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    :( this topped off my already shitty day.

its just not your year, guys.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh god.. not Mav's vs. Heat... not AGAIN...!?!?!??!?!?

Someone better find Laura Miller and ballgag her.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm putting 10:1 odds on that this will confirm everything Collin Cowherd believes about sports tomorrow.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm so glad I was kind of tipsy at the bar, because fuck, this hurts ::(

Ticaldfjam on
  • southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    devCharles wrote: »
    I'm putting 10:1 odds on that this will confirm everything Collin Cowherd believes about sports tomorrow.

People actually listen to Cowherd?

southwick on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    southwick wrote: »
    devCharles wrote: »

People actually listen to Cowherd?

Yup. He has one of ESPN's Highest rated shows, so you know he is going to have free reign to do whatever he wants by the network.

Ticaldfjam on
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So Mike Brown is the next coach of the Lakers ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6587752

Well ... that came kinda out of nowhere ....

TheBigEasy on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just want the bulls to force game 6. I have a day of drinking and watching game 6 planned on saturday! Dont deprive me of that, Heat!

Also, my optimistic side assumes they will win game 5, because, its home, they have their backs against the wall and if the heat get complacent at all, the bulls can easily run away with the game with great D.

I also think that if it gets to game 7, the bulls have an advantage.

So with game 5 and 7 locked up in magical theory land. The only hard game the bulls really need to fight to win is game 6. And its not unreasonable for them to do so...

Thats my silly, optimistic break down of how the heat wont be in the finals...
    Heat in 5 :(

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    speaking of traveling, this has always been my favorite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_J06zrz4h0&t=36s
    at about :36

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited May 2011
    That's really not traveling. He was doing a jump stop off a dribble. On that play last night, he faced up, set his left foot as the pivot, pivoted, then changed his pivot foot to the left so that he could take a step and shoot without dribbling. That's pretty blatant traveling

wwtMask on
  • devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is there video of the travel from last night?

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
    edited May 2011
    *sigh* I utterly loathe Westbrook.

Slider on
    edited May 2011
    Oh man that backwards layup.

Refs: yeah, just go ahead and beat the shit out of Dirk.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Welp

Pellaeon on
    edited May 2011
    Mavs won that almost completely on some tight defense and free throws.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2011
    ...and Westbrook lost the rebound that inevitably lead to a Dirk 3-point shot, which gave the Mavs the lead with less than a minute to go.

Slider on
    edited May 2011
    wwtMask wrote: »
    That's really not traveling. He was doing a jump stop off a dribble. On that play last night, he faced up, set his left foot as the pivot, pivoted, then changed his pivot foot to the left so that he could take a step and shoot without dribbling. That's pretty blatant traveling

he never dribbled, he just took two steps backwards with the ball

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Yes! Down with the traitors!

Now if the Mavs can down the Heat, I will get Dirk's face tattooed over my face.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Slider wrote: »
    ...and Westbrook lost the rebound that inevitably lead to a Dirk 3-point shot, which gave the Mavs the lead with less than a minute to go.

Chandler slightly pushed off of him in the air and then kept his right leg extended out to trip Westbrook up, it was pretty shitty.

That and when Durant got hammered on both arms, no-call, followed by a blocking foul on one of the easiest charge calls of all time, were pretty huge errors by the refs that would have led to a much closer game. Can't blame it all on that, but it certainly didn't help.

Series wouldn't have ended so early if Westbrook hadn't taken until the last quarter of game 5 to remember that he's really good at getting to the basket. And him and Durant still have some on-the-court chemistry to work out. And also Durant needs to toughen up a bit - maybe mentally a little moreso than physically.

UnknownSaint on
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is there any chance at all, that the Bulls manage to beat the Heat?

TheBigEasy on
  • ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Take it you haven't watched the last few games. No, but in all seriousness, I expect Chicago to win tomorrow. Korver and Bogans will shoot better at home than they did in Miami, which is all they need them to do. That said, they're so inconsistent I don't think there's any way this thing goes to game 7. Wade was straight AWFUL last night, and I don't think you'll see him that out of sync the rest of the series. He was missing shots like D-Rose.

Profs on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    fortis wrote: »
    That is total bullshit. He blatantly walked on that play. Even John Hollinger tweeted right after saying he walked. This shit is so rigged to get the Heatles to the Finals for the ratings.

If it was rigged for the Heat then why did they call the offensive foul on Lebron?

The NBA just doesn't call traveling anymore. On anyone.

Series wouldn't have ended so early if Westbrook hadn't taken until the last quarter of game 5 to remember that he's really good at getting to the basket. And him and Durant still have some on-the-court chemistry to work out. And also Durant needs to toughen up a bit - maybe mentally a little moreso than physically.

Series wouldn't have ended so early if Brooks had taken Westbrook off the ball on offense earlier. Harden's had the skills to run OKC's offense since he was in college, it's not like they run anything complex. Thabo actually played some PG in Chicago. And then of course there's Maynor.

Chicago ideally would be doing the same thing with Rose too, the difference is they don't have anyone like Harden/Thabo/Maynor who's capable of running the offense if Rose moves off the ball. It's a role Hinrich would be perfect for, plus Hinrich (like Harden and Thabo) has the size to guard opposing SGs.

BubbaT on
    edited May 2011
    you know who travels a lot? james harden. like every time he gets into the lane he gathers and takes a bunch of mini steps and then kicks it out to someone on the wing.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.