As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] you, you tall people. you suck.

1474849505153»

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I keep trying to care about TOR, but I just can't bring myself to it.

Why? You've already established that you don't like MMOs.

No, I like them. Or have in the past. I played WoW for 5 and a half years. I played DAoC for 3 and a half before that. I played STO for another year here recently.

I was excited about TOR about 6 months ago but I am not now. I think its more I dislike the current style of mmos and hope something happens that moves them in a different direction.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Well I want to play a fun mmo that has the same kind of money behind it as WoW. I just worry that KOTOR will not be that MMO.

To me ToR seems like a single player game that you can play online with friends which in itself is cool but not the MMO I want.

bloodyroarxx on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Going to see the Hangover 2 tonight with the lady.

I must be the only guy on the planet those movies don't appeal to at all.

but

what if dwayne johnson was in it.

then what

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Well I want to play a fun mmo that has the same kind of money behind it as WoW. I just worry that KOTOR will not be that MMO.

To me ToR seems like a single player game that you can play online with friends which in itself is cool but not the MMO I want.

That might be just the MMO I want. I really want a co-op game similar to borderlands with the kind of group content of your standard mmo.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I anticipate your review.

You know just the scene in the preview of the asian guy singing "time in a bottle" in the elevator will be worth admission.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2011

TOR itself doesn't tickle me in any special places, but a bunch of RL friends are hyped for it, and I want to play with them, so that seals the deal.

Echo on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I must be the only guy on the planet those movies don't appeal to at all.

but

what if dwayne johnson was in it.

then what

Much like Fast 5, no appeal.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Why? You've already established that you don't like MMOs.

No, I like them. Or have in the past. I played WoW for 5 and a half years. I played DAoC for 3 and a half before that. I played STO for another year here recently.

I was excited about TOR about 6 months ago but I am not now. I think its more I dislike the current style of mmos and hope something happens that moves them in a different direction.

I misunderstood.

I do think MMOs could use some freshening up, though my complaints tend to be nitpicky.

Like, I wish I could play a character and not need to hold off on playing the character more just to play with a friend. If I have multiple friends playing an MMO, I have to have a character for each friend, and spread the progress out accordingly. That or try to get multiple friends to play at the same time. Hah. Good luck with that. And of course sometimes I'd want to play even when no one else is available. Woops, there's another character. All going through the same content. Content that isn't really that engaging or dynamic to begin with.

Silas Brown on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2011
    217537904_QT5nv-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.