As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scout ants rushing into water cooler

RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I am in Djibouti. Its hot so I have a water cooler of filtered water. The local stuff is salty coming from the tap.

There are also a lot of ants in the place I live in. Lack of maintenance means they have a good nest build outside and burrowed into the concrete walls.

So this water cooler I drink from most every day is on the opposite end of the room, far away from their entry points, yet when I go to get a drink today, I see them (the small scouts, not the fatass guards) running up the side, up and around the back, and into a tiny vent on the top of the cooler. I don't have any ants popping out into my glass, I just want to know, what the hell do they want in there?

RoyceSraphim on

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ... the water? That seems obvious, dude. The vent will be moist and "smell" like a path to the water. Ants are attracted to water in hot dry climates.

spool32 on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, it was a small nest they were building. Not gonna fill it back up for a while. Also gonna tap a corner with some borax

RoyceSraphim on