As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Western Animation thread

• TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The end was supposed to involve Arnold finding his lost parents but that never panned out.

Tertiee on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Novid wrote: »
    Novid wrote: »
    If early seasons of Family Guy were any indication, Seth works way better under the constraints of censorship and a mainstream show format. Getting him to spice up a bland show he used to love could be exactly the right thing for him. And the Flintstones property has to stay family friendly and grounded in its own "reality", so no cutaway overload, no offensive jokes pushing good taste, no Fred grabbing his knee for 5 minutes in pain until the length of the joke becomes the joke.

And let's not forget, the show would keep its old crappy Hanna Barbara style but with modern animation, so we Seth wouldn't be designing the characters or making them flash from pose to pose with his... economical but jerky trademark style. I'm interested.

I doubt, REALLY Doubt this will all happen. The dude's lost in the style nonsense. And the fact Corporate gave him the book (show running duties) instead of many others i know that run circles around him NOW and they gave the show to Fox (possible Adult Swim deal notwithstanding) means that he has to put some (not all) of the padlum on the new series. And what makes it worse is that we here are scared shitless because even though my bosses worked so hard on a series that many wanted back - a series that passed it's time is coming back because HE used to work for H-B in its dying days and its a dream series? IT TOOK 10 YEARS to do a new series of the T'Cats and Seth gets his DREAM series in less than 10 hours? UGH.

Like i said, T'cats series will make ten times more money than the Flints ever will, Corporate was TOLD this last heard but this was from Seth himself and he made all the deals work for the Flints. Its starting to get Ugly with Loony Toons starting slow and now Fox being our "friends" all of a sudden.

It happened that quickly? Wow...

And I thought I heard something about there being some sort of legal battle or something that he eventually won to be able to do the show? If that's true, what's that all about?

As far as I know, any legal dealings wern't known. As far as I know Fox and Seth showed the money and Warners agreed with major concessions.
    I don't think I understand the complaint. "Popular guy with money gets what he wants"?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tertiee wrote: »
    The end was supposed to involve Arnold finding his lost parents but that never panned out.

What's there to find out?

He found a map to them in the journal. That's all that's needed.

Godfather on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arnold was going to win an Essay contest for his class to goes to South America. They use the map to find his parents. The Green-eyes were involved. Helga finally admitted her feelings.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arnold was going to win an Essay contest for his class to goes to South America. They use the map to find his parents. The Green-eyes were involved. Helga finally admitted her feelings.

Theres even a facebook page devoted to saving the movie
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=173405088633
    but it seems like the people running it sorta just gave up.

klokateer9047 on
    Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    e: nm

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm looking at an episode of Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc. where Scooby, Jabberjaw, Speed Buggy, Captain Caveman, and Funky Phantom team up to solve a mystery. This series just gets more and more awesome.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    I'm looking at an episode of Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc. where Scooby, Jabberjaw, Speed Buggy, Captain Caveman, and Funky Phantom team up to solve a mystery. This series just gets more and more awesome.

What.

Hexmage-PA on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

It would have revealed Arnold's Last name. Apparently we knew it, but we weren't aware...

his last name was
    Shortman

21stCentury on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

What.

They... they brought back Funky Phantom??

Okay, now I'm intrigued.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited May 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »

What.

Okay, now I'm intrigued.

I saw the episode last night, and...just go watch it as soon as you can.

Hexmage-PA on
    edited May 2011

What.

Okay, now I'm intrigued.

Will do. What's the name of the episode?

cloudeagle on
    edited May 2011

What.

Okay, now I'm intrigued.

"Mystery Solvers Club State Finals".

There's one scene that somehow manages to make Captain Caveman seem badass.

Hexmage-PA on
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh man, The Amazing World of Gumball is just delightful.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    edited May 2011

What.

Okay, now I'm intrigued.

"Mystery Solvers Club State Finals".

There's one scene that somehow manages to make Captain Caveman seem badass.

...wow. Will do.

Anyway, that Kung Fu Panda thing is out today. Anyone going to see it? I'm dubious, but it's currently sitting at 75% or so at Rotten Tomatoes.

cloudeagle on
    edited May 2011
    Though I wonder if that Scooby team-up can possibly beat the time he teamed up with cheesy 1970s Batman and Robin to save Weird Al Yankovic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33mJkRBV4M

cloudeagle on
  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    Though I wonder if that Scooby team-up can possibly beat the time he teamed up with cheesy 1970s Batman and Robin to save Weird Al Yankovic.

2.jpg

Bagginses on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

what is that from?

21stCentury on
    edited May 2011

what is that from?

A very, VERY weird episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold that just aired a couple months ago. Yes, that entire sequence was done with crappy 70s-style animation.

cloudeagle on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    first picture I've seen anywhere from Pixar's Brave

brave500x290.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lookit that hair

I just . . . want to touch it.

Muse Among Men on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    first picture I've seen anywhere from Pixar's Brave

brave500x290.jpg

Carrot Top is looking better these days.

Nightslyr on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    her face is...very round

Antimatter on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    well I think she's like 8-10 years old or something

Centipede Damascus on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just got back from Kung Fu Panda 2. I thought it was great.

I love the way the main villain is animated.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, the most recent episode of American Dad.
    God fucking dammit. I KNEW it was coming. I knew from when Stan punched the doctor, it was fucking inevitable it'd show up. And I still got caught by the goddamned reveal.

yalborap on
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This may be heresy, but I thought Kung Fu Panda 2 was straight up better than KFP1. It was a better martial arts film, had a better plot, and a villain that was truly excellent. I was very thoroughly surprised at the quality of the film, but was not surprised at the reveal that they'll milk the KFP franchise like Shrek.

LibrarianThorne on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    yalborap wrote: »
    God fucking dammit. I KNEW it was coming. I knew from when Stan punched the doctor, it was fucking inevitable it'd show up. And I still got caught by the goddamned reveal.

...details, please? That's not at all the one they showed here tonight.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited May 2011
    I watched Dan Vs for the first time last night and was thoroughly entertained. Are the other episodes just as good?

Hexmage-PA on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Yeah, I was worried we missed a new episode or something.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Flirting with disaster.

It's...I refuse to spoil it. It's up on Hulu(if you guys are in the right country). http://www.hulu.com/watch/241588/american-dad-flirting-with-disaster

yalborap on
    edited May 2011

Flirting with disaster.

It's...I refuse to spoil it. It's up on Hulu(if you guys are in the right country). http://www.hulu.com/watch/241588/american-dad-flirting-with-disaster
    Huh that was definitely a thing

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I watched Dan Vs for the first time last night and was thoroughly entertained. Are the other episodes just as good?

Yes, yes they are.

Muse Among Men on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    No Hulu here, so... yeah.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited May 2011
    that american dad episode mentioned spoilers
    the mom's face is melted off with acid. and you never get to see it.
    then you see it

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm finding Jem & the Holograms way more interesting than I would've expected. I never watched it in the 80s, so it's a completely new experience. That's truly, truly, truly outrageous.

LadyM on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    LadyM wrote: »
    I'm finding Jem & the Holograms way more interesting than I would've expected. I never watched it in the 80s, so it's a completely new experience. That's truly, truly, truly outrageous.

You might say that show was a hidden Jem?

emnmnme on
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

damn sig... Keeps reminding me of Sonic Underground.

What the heck WAS that anyway? Fuck, i think it was made in France, too... That show sure was a thing! Let's talk about Sonic Underground. Which episode was your favorite? Mine was ALL OF THEM.

21stCentury on
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI7YDIaU-4I

I'm kind of amazed that Jem/Jerrica isn't pissed off that her boyfriend a) is hitting on Jem, not knowing she's the same person as his girlfriend and b) isn't upset that he can't recognize her face. I mean, the only thing that really changes is her hair turns pink.

LadyM on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm kind of amazed that Jem/Jerrica isn't pissed off that her boyfriend a) is hitting on Jem, not knowing she's the same person as his girlfriend and b) isn't upset that he can't recognize her face. I mean, the only thing that really changes is her hair turns pink.
    Maybe he figures she is playing psycho mind games.
    http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/comics/2011-02-14.jpg

Couscous on
This discussion has been closed.