Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PATV] Spoilers (4th Panel)

• faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    <<<< doesn't want to live in a world where tyrion's boner has to be censored.

faits.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    tyrion's boner is my favorite character

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I didn't actually notice how much the sex thing was prevalent until I watched the show

then it's like 'damn I don't remember people having sex this much'

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    the show is like, "can we put titties in this scene? if so, do so. also throw in a dong every so often, you know, for the ladies"

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie the way you look should be a sinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i read a bunch of the redwall books and yeah he described the food a lot

but it didn't drip through the fur of all the animals in a sexually charged way

3926 4292 8829
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

It should have

PIZTDhW.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie the way you look should be a sinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well That Is What The Internet Is For

3926 4292 8829
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Unless you can read between the lines. "Deeper 'n' Ever Pie" had quite a few tubers crammed between the folds of dough, if you know what I mean.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the show is like, "can we put titties in this scene? if so, do so. also throw in a dong every so often, you know, for the ladies"

Game of Titties.

2cf4m6f.gif
  • RedjarRedjar Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Edit: Post removed by user.

Redjar on
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Redjar wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »

Unless you can read between the lines. "Deeper 'n' Ever Pie" had quite a few tubers crammed between the folds of dough, if you know what I mean.

You've just whet several of my appetites.

Several.

I hope you, and more than a few small animals, are willing to deal with the consequences.

Post of the year, right here.

Also, I keep meaning to watch A Game of Thrones but I just never get around to it.

PIZTDhW.jpg
  • RedjarRedjar Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Edit: Post removed by user.

Redjar on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    now I want to know what the political star wars cartoon was about

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    'we got hella people, they got helicopters'
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    Stem Cell Research.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I loathe HBO. They keep getting shows I have a mild interest in seeing, but I refuse to pay extra to subscribe to a single channel. Just not for me.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
    edited May 2011
    yeah screw them for having a business model that works

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof I am a mountain I am the seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Seriously. You hate because they provide a quality product you think you would like, but you're not willing to pay for it?

camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2011
    I'm just saying that their business model doesn't work for me, but they keep advertising on other channels. Thus they keep piquing my interest, until I see "on HBO" which then kills it again. So it's irritating.

If their business models works for them, good for them. I just think that they would probably do better if they made something free to lure people in, outside of just commercials. I'm not going to pay extra for a month to see if I like a show they have. If they made show premieres free, then locked the rest away behind subscription, then I could at least know if I would or would not like a show. Instead, if I want to see anything from HBO that I might have an interest in, its either subscribe or pirate it.

Sheesh, perhaps loathe was a bit overstated, but yes, they provide a product I have a mild interest in but I'm not willing to pay for it. Hence the mild interest. If it was a strong interest then perhaps they'd earn another customer, but they aren't willing to bend on their business model to allow that sort of change in interest.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
  • MVikingMViking Registered User
    edited May 2011
    I got 3 months free when I got my HBO subscription entirely to watch Game of Thrones. Maybe just look for one of those types of deals.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    they do free weekends all the time

they did a free weekend for the GoT premiere

they did one for the Boardwalk Empire premiere last fall

Also they put their shows out on DVD, a huge part of thier business model is getting people to watch say season 1 on DVD and then subscribing to watch season 2 as it airs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Free weekends are a good idea, I usually forget they exist until it's done though. Which is my own fault, should pay more attention for those and DVR what I want to see. Did not know they did one for the GoT premiere, definitely wasn't advertised with the commercials I saw.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I loathe HBO. They keep getting shows I have a mild interest in seeing, but I refuse to pay extra to subscribe to a single channel. Just not for me.

I don't know if the package that my wife and I got was special but we picked up 15 channels with a moderate library of older shows onDemand as well as movies and comedy specials and that Gaga monster ball thing. Sure the 2 spanish channels go unwatched by us but there is a lot of other great content available.

• Goose!Goose! Yeah, I wrote that. Its called, "I Wanna Rock Your Body"Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The next time PATV records a ping pong match (if its their next match), we could have a celebrity guest star:
    @rkhoo wrote:
    This is ... unexpected. Hidden Path's #1 is freakin Biba Golic for our GIPPL match... my butt already hurts.

Steamid & PSN: g0oseyourself | Pokemon FC: 4940-5859-6219
    Hail, Satan! | Post
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    The next time PATV records a ping pong match (if its their next match), we could have a celebrity guest star:
    @rkhoo wrote:
    This is ... unexpected. Hidden Path's #1 is freakin Biba Golic for our GIPPL match... my butt already hurts.

Man I hope this get this on video.

For those who don't know, Biba Golic was the inspiration behind this lady:
    320548418_uKHcd-L-2.jpg

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Whoa.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Didn't she send PA a signed poster of appreciation after that comic?

• Goose!Goose! Yeah, I wrote that. Its called, "I Wanna Rock Your Body"Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yes...and its kind of innuendo-y

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/311159184.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306899454&Signature=hSXtQML2kGKp%2B8%2FWtGs2NA02lbQ%3D

Hail, Satan! | Post
  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Biba was a great sport about everything. So awesome of her to come along! http://twitpic.com/55ahej

1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
    edited June 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Biba was a great sport about everything. So awesome of her to come along! http://twitpic.com/55ahej

Also, in reply to me asking if PA won overall, since Robert apparently got spanked
    @egreco wrote:
    @Gooseplusplus yup, 5 to 2

Hail, Satan! | Post
    edited June 2011
    Oh, and no cameras, but they were "trying to get someone there to record Robert vs Biba

Hail, Satan! | Post
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, Administrator, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    edited June 2011
    THAT WAS UNPLEASANT.

No but for reals she is incredible.

Some guy.
    edited June 2011
    Did you guys get someone to record it?

If not I will be very upset. And the next time PAX East rolls around I will give you the stink eye.

Hail, Satan! | Post
    edited June 2011
    THAT WAS UNPLEASANT.

No but for reals she is incredible.

Robert, I feel that I need to apologize for your unfortunate defeat tonight by Biba. I posted that it would be cool to see how well you would do vs a pro, but I didn't know they would read my post and do it!

What were the scores of the games? Was it fun playing someone of that caliber?

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, Administrator, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    edited June 2011
    I blame you, ArcSyn.

And yeah, it was a ton of fun. I lost 3-11, 3-11, 3-11, 3-11, but I'd say she was playing at about 70% for most of it.

Some guy.
  • ZonugalZonugal Lord Paramount of the Trident HarrenhalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Robert, you just need to up your game to a psychological level next time.

And by that I mean poison every opponent you have.

Littlefinger_sig_2.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Pull a Vizzini on 'em.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Robert, you just need to up your game to a psychological level next time.

And by that I mean poison every opponent you have.

They're way ahead of you.

217506392_Zx8oK-L-2.jpg

• SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So... how exactly did she end up in a game vs. PA?! Did a rival game publisher hire her as a receptionist for a day just so she could be a ringer for them?

Also:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/311159184.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306899454&Signature=hSXtQML2kGKp%2B8%2FWtGs2NA02lbQ%3D

Your link doesn't work for me, Goose. Looks like it's some kind of Amazon cloud-hosting time-limited request for some reason. Got a regular Twitpic link or anything?

edited June 2011
    So... how exactly did she end up in a game vs. PA?! Did a rival game publisher hire her as a receptionist for a day just so she could be a ringer for them?

Also:

Your link doesn't work for me, Goose. Looks like it's some kind of Amazon cloud-hosting time-limited request for some reason. Got a regular Twitpic link or anything?

I guess they contacted her and asked if she'd play ping pong for them against PA (whom she's at least somewhat familiar with) and she said yes.

Here's the link from RKhoo's twitter feed from before the match: http://twitpic.com/5597yo

311159184.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306959095&Signature=Xqi%2Bp2IJxD9W%2B5Jgt0MalfEuoW0%3D
    To Gabe and Tycho: I'd paint the line on top of a rocket with you anytime!

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
    edited June 2011
    Is "paint the line" actually a table tennis term? I assumed it was something Jerry plucked from a seed pod on his mind-tree.