As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 Keynotes 2011 - Talking shop for shoppers at ship - Nintendo June 7 @ 9am PST

FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited June 2011 in Games and Technology
PAForums E3 Keynotes 2011
Click here for a Web IRC App to discuss the keynotes in REAL TIME

(irc.slashnet.org #pa_e3keynote)

[url=irc://irc.slashnet.org/pa_e3keynote]Or click here to launch your IRC client[/url]

My suggestions to keep things speedy:

- No gigantic GIF posting inline; please link
- No Youtube embedding (save that for the specific game threads)

I will attempt to transcribe the keynote into the IRC room as usual, but as usual if you want to do so yourself you are welcome to attempt it.

After each conference concludes, a forumer will make a thread to discuss that particular company's conference so we can discuss the next one without discussion overlap.

Companies
============================================================

Konami
(click here to discuss the Konami press conference)
Thursday, June 2nd
5pm PST 6pm MST 7pm CST 8pm EST 1am GMT

Microsoft
Click here to discuss your reactions to the Microsoft Keynote
Monday, June 6th
9:30am PST 10:30am MST 11:30am CST 12:30pm EST 5:30pm GMT

EA
Click here to discuss your reactions to the EA keynote

Monday, June 6th
12:30pm PST 1:30pm MST 2:30pm CST 3:30pm EST 8:30pm GMT

Ubisoft
Monday, June 6th
Click here to discuss your reactions to the Ubisoft keynote
2:30pm PST 3:30pm MST 4:30pm CST 5:30pm EST 10:30pm GMT

Sony
Monday, June 6th
Click here to discuss your reactions to the Sony keynote
5pm PST 6pm MST 7pm CST 8pm EST 1am GMT

Nintendo
Tuesday, June 7th
Click here to discuss your reactions to the Nintendo keynote
9am PST 10am MST 11am CST 12pm EST 5pm GMT

Streams
============================================================

Konami's stream
http://konami.com/e3/

Gamespot's streams
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3/
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/

http://e3.nintendo.com/ <-- Nintendo's site for streaming their conference.

http://www.youtube.com/e3 <-- Probably going to be the most reliable site for streaming

FyreWulff on

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Reserved for E3 Bingo cards and other shenanigans

FyreWulff on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hmm, thought we were going to do multiple keynote threads to avoid clutter.

I was planning to make the Konami one, but it turns out I'll be having dinner with friends at that time, so I probably won't be able to watch it live.

Also, you can't have a Konami Conference thread and not have this in the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCEkMGF_ljc

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Usually we have the "live keynote discussion" (this thread) and then the per-conference fallout threads that appear after the conference concludes

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2011
    Right, gotcha.

I am so excited for this. It's a happier time of the year than Christmas for me.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If I get the days off from work, I'll be making the post-conference threads for Sony / Nintendo / MS. I'll likely post the threads very early on in each of the keynotes, and will do my best to update them with relevant information.

But yeah, Wulff is right on the money; we usually have a live-discussion thread, and then threads for each one to discuss the megatons that were dropped.

Edit - Debating on the Konami one.

Henroid on
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Welcome to the Jungle. Konami is kicking it off first tomorrow.

BERY EXCITE.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
    edited June 2011
    Whoever makes it, please consider the thread title I was planning:

"Move Your Fat Body Over To The [Konami Conference] Thread"

• MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, E3 is right on the last 3 days of school. Hope I can make home in time and not have to spend the whole day playing catchup.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wish this shit was on the weekend. I always have to work and miss the conferences.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wish E3 wasn't in the exact middle of my goddamn exams. *Shakes fist*

exis on
    edited June 2011
    Monday is actually the most convenient time for me to watch this stuff. That's how it's been for a while, though that could always change one of these days.

I want to place bets on what the ultimate "shocker" will be. Last time it was Other: M, the time before that FFXIII on the Xbox 360.

I would wager that the biggest shocker this year will once again be Nintendo related, or possibly by Konami or Square, but with an opposite reaction as a result (as in "what in the fuck are they doing???").

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just hope the forums don't crap out on us. I've been getting a lot of busy server messages lately.

Ceno on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If the other thread was any indication, this will be half over by the time the first conference starts

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Monday is actually the most convenient time for me to watch this stuff. That's how it's been for a while, though that could always change one of these days.

I want to place bets on what the ultimate "shocker" will be. Last time it was Other: M, the time before that FFXIII on the Xbox 360.

I would wager that the biggest shocker this year will once again be Nintendo related, or possibly by Konami or Square, but with an opposite reaction as a result (as in "what in the fuck are they doing???").

Other M's surprise announcement was 2009 wasn't it?

Honestly, the only real shocker out of 2010 was Steam on PS3, and it wasn't even that meaty of a shocker.

Undead Scottsman on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Well seeing as Nintendo gets to go last, and they are unveiling their new console, I'd wager they will have the biggest "shocker." And it will most definitely be in a "what the fuck are they doing??" sort of way, because that's how they roll.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    HAH! Konami's press conference is TOMORROW? Oh man, last year's was SO GOOD. Seriously, so entertaining. Like a train wreck is. A train full of one million troops.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    this is soon to become my favorite thread.

I'm gonna be sad if we don't get something as ridiculous as the kinect cult from last year

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    we got to about 150 pages before someone shut us down last time :lol:

Dox the PI on
    edited June 2011
    one million troops. one million troops.

<silence>

WOOOOOOOW

<the crowd sheepishly starts clapping>

Undead Scottsman on
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    By the way, kudos to Konami for shifting their event away from E3. Last time, it was going on during the actual show, so not every media outlet was there covering it. So while some tasted the razzle dazzle of Ubisoft, they didn't get the What-the-Fuckerscotch Ripple of Konami.

With no Cirque du Soleil this year, I'm counting on Konami for my blue ponchos.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
    edited June 2011
    Undead Scottsman on
    edited June 2011
    Don't forget the scripted dance segment.

Just painful to watch.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I highly recommend people use the IRC channel (download mIRC or use the linked webclient) to do our live discussion this year. It'll save the forum from really shitting out; maybe you won't mind, but not everyone feels the need to be all up on E3 news so it'd be kind to let them still be able to browse. :P

Henroid on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Always odd at e3 time, opening up Mirc and having it tell me how many years my free trial is over and the windows being still in odd shapes where I left them to fit around several livestream windows last year.

-SPI- on
    edited June 2011
    I just hope the Nintendo crowd during Nintendo's show is more civil this time around.

"Fuck this? Kingdom Hearts? More like Emo Hearts"

"STFU Snuggles stop dissing the Vitality Sensor"

It's funny in hindsight how the Other M revelation literally brought the channel together, considering the reception afterward....

edited June 2011
    When Kingdom Hearts rolls around I got your back, Snuggles.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

edited June 2011
    Pfft, it'll be a miracle if even a single FF game shows up this time around. :(

And if it does, FFXIII-2 better be damn sure it's presentable.

• LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Other M's surprise announcement was 2009 wasn't it?

Honestly, the only real shocker out of 2010 was Steam on PS3, and it wasn't even that meaty of a shocker.

Was a pretty good surprise though, considering how much Gaben was shitting on the PS3 not to long before then.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't mind more God of Vania from Konami. The combat cross was a fucking fun Belmont weapon, I'm sorry.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey, Konami's is tomorrow? Is it always so early?

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    edited June 2011

It was the last conference last year

Dox the PI on
    edited June 2011
    I don't expect much from MS this year. It'll be mostly stuff we could easily guess. Halo, CoD, and Gears of War. I would really love to see them announce a new IP that didn't feature guns or first person perspectives, but that might be asking too much.

Sony could honestly have the best show this year, depending on how much they're fueled by damage control. For me, the two biggest things they could announce is a revamped PSN service that finally includes party chat and the other shit they should have implemented by now....and that game that ends with a roman numeral. The one with the guy with the sword.

Nintendo is going to be the most popular showing no matter what, but all I really want is technical specs of their system (HDMI, you assholes, don't go cheap on this!) and a technical demo of all their major franchises running on Cafe hardware. A proof-of-concept HD Zelda is good enough for me this year.

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »

It was the last conference last year

Interesting. And does Konami have a penchant for making worthwhile announcements at their presser? You know, other than all the terrible ones.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    edited June 2011
    I don't even know what Microsoft is even doing outside of multiplats anymore. Do they know?

Beezel on
    edited June 2011
    I want at least two of these things to happen at Konami's show.

1. Castlevania LoS sequel

2. Metal Gear Peace Walker Remastered

3. Metal Gear HD Collection

4. Footage that proves the new Silent Hill won't suck

5. Silent Hill HD Collection and/or Shattered Memories on PS3

6. ZOE 3

7. More MGS Rising Footage

edited June 2011
    Beezel wrote: »
    I don't even know what Microsoft is even doing outside of multiplats anymore. Do they know?

Halo something, Gears 3, Crytech Exclusive, Kinect, Kinect, Kinect

Dox the PI on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Do they have a list of what companies that are coming are coming to this year E3?

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2011

1. Castlevania LoS sequel

2. Metal Gear Peace Walker Remastered

3. Metal Gear HD Collection

4. Footage that proves the new Silent Hill won't suck

5. Silent Hill HD Collection and/or Shattered Memories on PS3

6. ZOE 3

7. More MGS Rising Footage

For Castlevania, I'll only forgive them for ONE sequel to LoS. After that, I want them to go back to making other Castlevania games. I didn't like the story for LoS at all. Mostly the ending crap, goddamn.

And ZOE 3, I'll eat my own dick if they so much as mention it.

Henroid on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

There is a chance that the conference could be metal, and of course, it will almost certainly involve gears.

So in summary, this is the potential that I forsee

The Konami Conference

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
    edited June 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »

Halo something, Gears 3, Crytech Exclusive, Kinect, Kinect, Kinect

:cry:

I dunno. It's just weird to see Nintendo (supposedly) shifting focus while Sony and Microsoft fight over the last slice of casual cake.

Beezel on