As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

June/One/Two Thousand Eleven New Comic Thread, Wednesday

124»

• kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    there used to be a shopping center with a gamestop across from a funcoland
    then the funcoland got bought by eb games

then eb games got bought by gamesotp

now there are two gamestops across from one another

My local mall used to have a GameStop on the upper floor and and an EBGames directly beneath it on the lower floor. Now we have GameStops on both floors, one above the other. Except the lower one's sign says "EBX."

Of course, if you want to talk about this kind of weirdness at malls more generally, another mall in my town has a Macy's at both ends. Four anchor stores, and two of them are Macy's.

Sounds like my former local mall.

Except down the street from that mall, less than a half mile, was a strip mall with another Gamestop.
    We have three Gamestops, all within two square miles of each other - and all built as Gamestops. They were not other stores that were bought out.

It is simply beyond my ability to comprehend.

kingworks on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    there used to be a shopping center with a gamestop across from a funcoland
    then the funcoland got bought by eb games

then eb games got bought by gamesotp

now there are two gamestops across from one another

My local mall used to have a GameStop on the upper floor and and an EBGames directly beneath it on the lower floor. Now we have GameStops on both floors, one above the other. Except the lower one's sign says "EBX."
    Same at our mall, except instead of the EBGames directly beneath it, it's directly across the lane from the store directly beneath it. And a convenient escalator going from in front of one to in front of the other.

Can't recall seeing any "EBX" on it, though.

SabreMau on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    tugga wrote: »
    bartenders make far more positive change than corporate geese

You are a scholar and a gentleman, tugga.

Your next drink is on me.

Darth Waiter on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man I really want to see Schroedinger's Toaster on a shirt.

Ruckus on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    dnfpre.jpg

Here it is.

Oh shit.

I live right near this gamestop.

I'm kinda tempted to go there for the launch now.

rhylith on
  • Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hope Slash records a video of him bringing in the preorder receipt and getting the game.

Black_Heart on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Is this slash000 chap somebody of note beyond "guy who held on to his DNF pre-order receipt"?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Geek wrote: »
    Is this slash000 chap somebody of note beyond "guy who held on to his DNF pre-order receipt"?

he's just a forumer on here

it was a running joke in GnT for a long time that anytime DNF came up he'd post a new picture of his preorder receipt

I think he's made a few games on XBLIG

Speed Racer on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

He made that indie game Breath of Death VII with RainbowDespair

Dox the PI on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »

And Cthulu Saves the World.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    One of my earliest memories was walking through an Incredible Universe store with my dad when I was nine. Anyone remember those?

It was the first time I was ever in a big, loud store so it made an impression. I remember being blown away watching Mechwarrior 2 playing on a big screen TV. They went out of business really quick, the one I went to turned into a Target which is still there.

xraydog on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Those games are awesome.

He also has a website with several lists of what games are considered "must buys" for various systems and people link to it whenever someone says, "I just bought X system, what games should I get for it?"

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

He also passed the bar exam and is a lawyer. Like for real. And he's a pretty swell dude.

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

He also passed the bar exam and is a lawyer. Like for real. And he's a pretty swell dude.

Henroid on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think that's like the third or fourth time I've seen Dru tell that uncle story and it's still really depressing

TheySlashThem on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

He also put together a pretty cool remake of Atari 2600 Adventure, but it got C&D'd

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

It was also pointed out that in between the time he preordered and redeemed his copy of DNF he cofounded a game studio and came out with not one but two commercially successful titles

which is somewhat of an irony overload imo

Rent on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rent wrote: »

It was also pointed out that in between the time he preordered and redeemed his copy of DNF he cofounded a game studio and came out with not one but two commercially successful titles

which is somewhat of an irony overload imo

That is outstanding.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh my gosh rent.

Blake T on
This discussion has been closed.