As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2011 BYOC Info/FAQ - SOLD OUT!

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SkorMT wrote: »
    oh well.. :(. guess I missed out this year.. like first time in a few now ..

usually have my sites up and watching this .. but head cold last week.. put me in a stooper.. that and I seem to remeber it always landing around first week of June.. *shrug*

enjoy BYOC all .. at least I got my cool spec's and Nvidia blanket from last year to pull me through

It will start getting earlier and earlier in the year now... mostly due to the 3day passes selling out so soon.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    NVIDIA BLANKET? OMG Does want... 0.0

It was in fact an Nvidia snuggie...

Googalash on
  • ValanderValander Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Any ETA on group seating stuff? Also, how many are required in the group to be eligible for that this year? I think it was 8 last year.

Valander on
    D.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    Valander wrote: »
    Any ETA on group seating stuff? Also, how many are required in the group to be eligible for that this year? I think it was 8 last year.

I don't think group seating goes up until they finalize the layout for the BYOC room. So I'm guessing it won't be until July-ish, but I certainly could be proven wrong.

zerzhul on
    edited May 2011
    Likely june or july. Minimum will be 6 people.

BigRed on
  • ValanderValander Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    Likely june or july. Minimum will be 6 people.

Cool. I couldn't remember when it went up last year.

Valander on
    D.
  • japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    holy crap I can't believe how fast it sold out..

damnit! well I'm looking for two passes if anyone is trading them. I'm guessing there will be something arranged like previous years? One can hope....

japerry on
    7jIDTca.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    japerry wrote: »

damnit! well I'm looking for two passes if anyone is trading them. I'm guessing there will be something arranged like previous years? One can hope....

BYOC passes are non transferable.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kilo147 wrote: »
    This is the first Pax....

Holy off-topic wall of text batman.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • EmodEmod Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kilo147 wrote: »
    This is the first Pax in my long history, since 2004, that I will most likely miss. It's never happened, and well, I am lost, hopeless, and quite frankly distressed. In '04 I purchased a 3 day .... blah blah blah

Dear Paxhouse Letters, I never thought it would happen to me... so I made a story up instead.

Emod on
    edited May 2011
    SmallLady wrote: »

I thought there was something like -- if you decide to return your BYOC pass, it will open up a slot. you just have to time it right?

japerry on
    7jIDTca.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SmallLady wrote: »

I thought there was something like -- if you decide to return your BYOC pass, it will open up a slot. you just have to time it right?

that's correct. You said trade in your previous post though. :P

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • fieldjufieldju Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just put in a request to cancel / refund 2 tickets.

fieldju on
    edited May 2011
    bah. I'm guessing someone already grabbed 'em... oh well waiting for next refund!

japerry on
    7jIDTca.png
  • flyinraeflyinrae Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I know this is a long shot, but, Last year on the last day of BYOC, my pony got misplaced during the shuffle and I was wondering if anyone has her. I had the stripper pony, blue with red tassels and a little stage. Does anyone have her? Can you bring her home? I'll be in BYOC again this year and would love to have her back.
    Thanks,
    Rachel

flyinrae on
  • TICTIC Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    Hello All...

Just a quick note that Geek Nation Tours still has tickets available via our tour at:

http://www.geeknationtours.com/index.php?pageid=31&tourid=8

Teras
    Geek Nation Tours

TIC on
    edited June 2011
    flyinrae wrote: »
    So I know this is a long shot, but, Last year on the last day of BYOC, my pony got misplaced during the shuffle and I was wondering if anyone has her. I had the stripper pony, blue with red tassels and a little stage. Does anyone have her? Can you bring her home? I'll be in BYOC again this year and would love to have her back.
    Thanks,
    Rachel

there was a lost and found thread right after prime last year, you might want to paruse through there to see if anyone reported it http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=127422

zerzhul on
    edited June 2011
    Thanks,
    Rachel

I remember it during teardown last year but don't know where it ended up after that. Sadly it might have been tossed :(

BigRed on
  • AlatheiaAlatheia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanks,
    Rachel

I remember it during teardown last year but don't know where it ended up after that. Sadly it might have been tossed :(

I think someone took it home.

Alatheia on
  • bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Any word on if CPU Magazine or anyone else is hosting a Casemod contest this year?

bitterfun on
    edited June 2011
    bitterfun wrote: »
    Any word on if CPU Magazine or anyone else is hosting a Casemod contest this year?

I will inquire during a meeting.

BigRed on
  • app87kapp87k Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, this would be god to know. I made a mod last year, but did not know to "enter it into the contest" and was not even looked at though it was a great mod. Many many people said the mod was "amazing" last year. I hope for the mod to mean something this year.

app87k on
  • GreenemachineGreenemachine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    BigRed-

Any chance we can get some other tourney game besides TF2 this year? It would be nice to have some fresher games. Also, is there going to be a thread for input on what games for the official tournaments? I'm sure we all have ideas ;-)

Greenemachine on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    but TF2 is FREE now lol

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is there a possibility of a wait list to fill spots?

Viscountalpha on
    edited June 2011
    there is no wait list as far as I know. When someone refunds their ticket, it simply goes back into the pool for someone else to come along and buy.

zerzhul on
    edited June 2011
    FYI:

I just got word that we will be having a casemod competition by CPU Magazine. I know a few of you were bugging me about this for a while. I wanted to get word out ASAP so people had time to prep something for PAX.

Prizes and other info will likely come later.

BigRed on
  • bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    app87k wrote: »
    Yeah, this would be god to know. I made a mod last year, but did not know to "enter it into the contest" and was not even looked at though it was a great mod. Many many people said the mod was "amazing" last year. I hope for the mod to mean something this year.

If you want, find me and I'll make sure they know to judge your case. I didn't do a casemod last year but in 2009 they just walked up and down every row and looked at everyone's case. Hopefully, I can give you some competition. I plan on having my case finished by PAX but we'll see. Here's my work/project log for my scratch build:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=210691

FYI:

I just got word that we will be having a casemod competition by CPU Magazine. I know a few of you were bugging me about this for a while. I wanted to get word out ASAP so people had time to prep something for PAX.

Prizes and other info will likely come later.

SWWWEEEEEEEEETTTT... now to rent a forklift for my case.

bitterfun on
  • ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hoping to be able to catch a ticket. Really want to bring my rig.

Chazzon on
  • victoredhvictoredh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is it possible to make sure you are seated next to a friend?

Hey! Are you going to the PAX festival in August this year?

victoredh on
  • victoredhvictoredh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    geofflee wrote: »
    I'm getting a blank page when I reach Step 3: Select Seat. Perhaps it's broken, or is it just simply disabled?

victoredh on
    edited July 2011
    victoredh wrote: »
    Is it possible to make sure you are seated next to a friend?

Be in line with them.

Ill have group seating for groups of 6+ soon (likely mid july)

BigRed on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Victoredh, Im sorry do I know you and what PAX festival? Im confused... xD
    Big Red, 6+? :( my group at byoc is like 3 although I think one of them has friends going so ill see if in total we have 6+ sound good?

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    edited July 2011
    if you are in line together at opening you will have no problems finding seats together.

BigRed on
  • RaybdbombRaybdbomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i have 3 people who are already in the byoc and 2 friends who still want to buy tickets. any chance we can get tickets?

Raybdbomb on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    As has been stated repeatedly throughout this thread, you have to hope someone cancels their registration and then be lucky enough to be the first one to get it from the LANFest site.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • FellinaFellina Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just canceled one of my tickets if someone wants to jump on it. Not sure how long it takes to go through because it involves admin approval, but it should be available shortly.

Fellina on
    edited July 2011
    how long does admin approval take to process?

japerry on
    7jIDTca.png
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    never stop refreshing lanfest aaaaaaaaaa

• flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Damn you Red. I had just gotten my life back in order after East. Then I came back to the forums... Once again, all I can hear inside my head is Robot Unicorn Attack music. All the time, forever.

In more relevant news, I don't want to hijack too much but a separate thread seemed unnecessary - will the same twitter account (East_BYOC) be used for announcing info re: East 2012 BYOC? I'm going to start watching the forums again to make sure I don't miss anything (iirc BYOC passes were sold out last year before any twitter announcements were even made), but I'm also setting up alerts for the relevant twitter accounts as an extra check so as not to miss Reg, Group hotel rates, or BYOC signups.

I understand if you're too busy with Prime stuff to give East any consideration yet, but I had to ask.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
This discussion has been closed.