As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD+GW 4E Discussion] Vestigial Pact: The appendix is a bludgeoning weapon.

1565758596062»

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It may be typical of the pro-Obama Dungeons & Dragons crowd to disparage a fellow countryman's memory of war from the comfort of mom's basement, but most Americans have the humility and gratitude to respect and learn from the memories of men who suffered on behalf of others.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that's the one

he like posted it on his blog or something

that's a dude who should be fired for not knowing that D&D is a hobby amongst GI's

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    one more reason politicians should be kept away from the internet

Grog on
    edited June 2011
    this was a staffer!

the sort of person hired by politicians who don't know how to use the internet!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In fairness

McCain hired a whole bunch of people who didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

This guy just made it blatantly obvious.

And was subsequently hired by the Washington Post.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited June 2011
    heh

i'm trying to imagine people debating the hire

"that guy spouted off something dumb and got a bunch of attention. we need more journalists like that."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    He was hired by the Post. It likely consisted of "We got a call from McCain about him, he's one of us."

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Calastryx preview is amazing.

A mid-paragon level solo with 3 turns (4 when bloodied) that ends all marked, dominated, stunned, & dazed conditions on the end of its turn.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I think it could be contending for strongest monster in 4E. The ability to shed marks like water is what really does it, because the creature becomes eminently mobile as it can punt a defender away and then move somewhere else to attack. Plus the strong ability to stack multiple damaging zones and ultimately being able to blast the entire party potentially with THREE close blast 5 breath weapons in one round is just exceptional damage output.

The power in ending marks alone though is massive.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Now that I have an app in for one of Aegeri's games, I'm looking at his posts about monster damage a little... differently.

How many rounds do defenders in his games usually last? o_O

wildwood on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Depends on your build and what kind of mark you have. Reading through that thread will give you a clear idea of the general lethality of the games I run. Generally speaking, I tend to try to spread as much damage out as possible and down defenders to break marks. Once I break a mark the creatures try to run rampant over anyone else (if possible). Defending at the moment is about picking fights with what you can handle - not marking as many enemies as possible and hoping for the best (which by far was the best pre-MM3 strategy).

I also tend to defy marks a lot as well. If Mr. Stabby is on a billion HP and hasn't been touched, while Mr. Squishy is standing there nearly bleeding to death I will normally take a poke at Mr. Squishy if the monster is intelligent enough (or just furious enough) to do that. My tactics really vary a lot depending on what the monsters general goals are and what kind of creatures you're fighting.

Overall both Aegis (Dark Prophecy) and Unexpected Monkey (Builders Cry) have been doing pretty good jobs. Unexpected went unconscious and took a ton of damage in Builder's Cry, but successfully held the Tembos attention for the entire combat for example. It is not unusual to have multiple naps in an encounter before the healer gets around to healing you.

Edit: New thread time. This one has had its run and it's time for him to go to the great land of beyond as he disappears off the forums recent posts tab forever. You will be missed Mr. Thread. You will be missed.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh boy another dragon!! *reskins it as something cool*

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    From the OP:
    Aegeri wrote:
    There will also be another PA/PVP podcast featuring Wil and Chris Perkins back as DM later in the summer.

Anybody know what happened to that? Is it still coming?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Pretty excited, myself and some guys I work with are starting up a weekly D&D group, designing our own custom setting. A bit Lord of the Rings heavy, but also some cool twists. Like Arcane magic is really rare and only one mage is born to any generation. We plan on making him a character in the group, tasking ourselves with his protection and education.

Then we recruited someone who's never played D&D at all. Perfect fit, a character who is meant to be totally out of his depth matched with a player to suit!

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I thought I'd check up on the thread as I haven't had it bookmarked for a while. Were there really no posts between June and now? O.o

I was going to ask if there'd been any updates for Beastmasters or Blackguards. Or anything cool for that matter.

Oh, I just responded to a necropost, didn't I.

Rius on
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Woops, my bad, sorry. How did I overlook the newer one? In my defense, this one isn't at 99 pages.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Edit: Whoops

Incenjucar on