As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That Last [McRib Sandwich] Thread Lasted Longer Than Expected

VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine.Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Social Entropy++
auspaxtrans.png

Planning for ANZPAX is technically already underway but I have just been way too busy to do SHIT about it. Possible destinations have been expanded to include New Zealand. Or we could just invade realPAX as a cohort.

This thread remains for CityPAXes in the meantime, and also talking about how Aussies are pretty cool when they are not underwater or on fire.

PEOPLE WHO ARE IN AUSTRALIA AND ARE PRETTY COOL

PERTH
KNOWN RESIDENTS: Vivixenne, Blaket, Butler, Waka Laka, Kincaid, Dublo7, chrishallettbunchanumbers, BigKev, noobert, AJR, flynnie, Dhalphir, desperaterobots, PixelMonkey, Tallweirdo, Tef, Anzekay, Samuelson, RocketScience, CuZZa webofink

SYDNEY
KNOWN RESIDENTS: Oden, Air, Tweaked_Bat_, bsjezz, Prohass, Gatsby, Ambassador, TrueHereticX, TheSquid, Flay, HyperBallad, Jintor

MELBOURNE
KNOWN RESIDENTS: Synthetic Orange, stimtokolos, Cyvros, YaYa, grug, ruzkin, Mr Fuzzbutt, Hitsuraptor, LaCabra, The Boy Satellite, Unlucky

BRISBANE
KNOWN RESIDENTS: #pipe, The Cat, Flyingman, Avicus, SwissLion, Crimson King, joshua11, Lorahalo

CANBERRA
KNOWN RESIDENTS: The Black Hunter, marty_0001, Chronocide

OTHER NEAT PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA:
- Glorfindel (Gold Coast)
- bezerk bob (Toowoomba)

HONORARY AUSTRALIANS:
- Vivixenne (because I've got some Australian in me every so often)
- Jordyn (because Butler said so and I can't deny Butler anything)
- Cardboard Tube (because he grew up in QLD and lives in the UK but WANTS to be in the US what the hell)
- Larlar (because he can edit other people's posts)
- Bogey (because I am a suck-up and also because Bogey waited before locking the old thread)
- Wimble (because he is the adorablest)
- Pillow (because she is a BITCH but not really)

AWESOME KIWIS WHO ARE AWESOME
- Fishman
- KiraKiraKira
- Fletcher
- Katat
- L|ama

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
Knob on

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    australia...?

aus...tralia?

oh yeeeeah, the place with those nice people

I remember now

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i heard this is where all the cool people post

unintentional on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    seattle thread

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All rise for the Prime Minister!
    drunk-groom-deadissue%5B1%5D.jpg

marty_0001 on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "That last [one] lasted longer than expected"

Where have I heard that before...?

Oh, right. Gatsby's mom.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    THREAD HAS OFFICIALLY OPENED

Vivixenne on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    NOT UNLIKE

GATSBY'S MOM

Vivixenne on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm sorry, Gatsby. I'm sure your Momma is a classy lady.

Not unlike my wife.

Fishman on
    edited June 2011
    your wife is super awesome

Vivixenne on
    edited June 2011
    I know!

Fishman on
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    .... man, I am the forgotten Australian.

What are all you folks up to?

Study day today. Trying out this "pomodoro" technique. Seems to be working.

Getting tired of this embryology and repro unit though.

joshua1 on
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What the fuck is up, Australia.

LaCabra on
    edited June 2011
    josh where do you live again?

Vivixenne on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Josh is a Brisbaner

#pipe on
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, but tied to the Gold Coast Hospital for uni.

joshua1 on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    joshua1 wrote: »
    Yeah, but tied to the Gold Coast Hospital for uni.

Do you want my grandfather back?

He used to live there and wants to go back after we moved him down 4 years ago.

He is cranky and old and lies to doctors. It is pretty infuriating, like doctors ask him if he has pain here or there and he says no, then walks out of the room and tells me and my dad that infact yes he does sometimes have pain there.

He thinks you have to lie to the doctor and they have to figure it out with misinformation otherwise they're not a real doctor. Something like that at least.

He also thinks training a surgeon is similar to training a mechanic and that the 'apprentice' surgeon is why his thumb / back are all fucked.

stimtokolos on
    edited June 2011
    That is surprisingly common behavior

joshua1 on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It wouldn't surprise me :P

He is pretty much batshit insane. He is like 90 almost and complains about the fact he feels old now.
    He knows most people his age can't do half the stuff he does.
    He drives, does his own gardening, cooks for himself, is capable of living alone.

A couple of years ago no one in the family wanted him to get on the roof of his house to look at something (read: nothing).
    So we didn't lend him a longer ladder.
    He tied his two smaller ladders together.

E: I cooked and ate a snack out of the hot pan last night, it was good. Screw bowls. Hot pan for life.

stimtokolos on
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I too am a forgotten Australian. Viv even knows where I live n shit. She even knows my sister for some unknown reason.

Legos was pretty awesome, there was some pretty awesome shit there, but Monday was the worst time to go. Full of kids who kept elbowing me in the nuts to push to the front, climb on the barrier and touch the fucking models. I actually thanked someone for being a good parent because the average level of parenting ability at this place was that fucking low. Wanted to choke a little bitch.

The model trains were pretty cool, some awesome displays but my girlfriend said after we left that she saw a whole new level of nerdy there. The old neckbeards who took model trains to SRS BZNZ level. Then you get the guys who just had a bunch of track on a table with some square bits of shite styrofoam on the table as buildings/scenery. No effort or anything in this, what the hell were they doing there. Also - Thomas the Tank Engine. Not even a model railway, some dude just bought a bunch of the plastic toy railway sets like my 3 year old nephew has and set them up. It was great.

CuZZa on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait, has your girlfriend been to supernova? Because I felt fucking awkward there.

Blake T on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My Dad has started building HO train models from scratch. It's not enough to buy the running models, it's not enough to build kits, oh no, he has to make little handrails out of the thinnest bits of wire I've seen in an long time...

Don't get me started on modelling rivets...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    edited June 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    Wait, has your girlfriend been to supernova? Because I felt fucking awkward there.

Yeah those are more the 'special ed' or 'requires restraints' kind of nerdy though. These guys were harmless but took their shit so seriously. Good for them. But yeah, the Supanova types... they're just special. I remember sitting with the original Battlestar guys (I'm a VIP assistant for Supanova so I look after the guests) and there was some guy in the open area in front of us dressed as some hyena looking thing, stalking around growling at people and following them around and sniffing people. Then later some similarly dressed fat woman came up and started doing the same, we started debating calling security before they started mating in front of us.

CuZZa on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    gosh darn

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
    edited June 2011
    CuZZa wrote: »

Yeah those are more the 'special ed' or 'requires restraints' kind of nerdy though. These guys were harmless but took their shit so seriously. Good for them. But yeah, the Supanova types... they're just special. I remember sitting with the original Battlestar guys (I'm a VIP assistant for Supanova so I look after the guests) and there was some guy in the open area in front of us dressed as some hyena looking thing, stalking around growling at people and following them around and sniffing people. Then later some similarly dressed fat woman came up and started doing the same, we started debating calling security before they started mating in front of us.

wut

Also, where is this Supanova so that I may avoid it forever and ever?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It goes up and down the East Coast, I think.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    CuZZa wrote: »

wut

Just don't go to any conventions named 'Supernova' and you'll be fine.

Anzekay on
    edited June 2011

It comes to Perth every June. But it happens in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane too.

CuZZa on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When is it this year?

I may hate the people, but gosh darn those transformers they have are cool.

Blake T on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Guys guys, I'm going to this tomorrow
    http://www.dinosaurlive.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTRV_JsPi-Q

I got a $100 ticket for 30 bucks. HELLA EXCITED

#pipe on
  • The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh yeah new thread baby

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i might be moving soon
    and it might be into an awesome bachelor pad
    i mean of course it will be, but the property itself might be pretty decent

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    God damn its cold in Brisbane right now.

no it's not

L|ama on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ah new thread smell.

Also, whereabouts air? I sense a housewarming party. After you have your housewarming party with your real life friends that is. Don't want to be mixing real life with Internet folks, weird stuff can happen.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You know I was considering going to Supernova with friends this year. Maybe not...

And goddammit pipe I am jealous as all hell that you get to see that!

Gatsby on
  • FarthingFarthing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    God damn its cold in Brisbane right now.

no it's not

I swear my tea froze.

Farthing on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Supanova is boring as shit for me. I don't want to buy anything there, paying to meet someone and get an autograph seems weird, and I don't care about any of the conferences because they're all for voice actors I've never heard of from animes I will never watch. If I go, it's because I have friends going, or I've agreed to be part of a costume group.

Flay on
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hello motherfucking Australia thread.

theSquid on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Flay wrote: »
    Supanova is boring as shit for me. I don't want to buy anything there, paying to meet someone and get an autograph seems weird, and I don't care about any of the conferences because they're all for voice actors I've never heard of from animes I will never watch. If I go, it's because I have friends going, or I've agreed to be part of a costume group.

Your friends need you, Flay. You are the only one with the legs to pull off Sailor Jupiter.

Butler on
    edited June 2011
    Whut whuuuuuuuuuut!

joshua1 on
This discussion has been closed.