Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Finishing up my GBA collection

2»

• IceBurnerIceBurner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't know because I never finished it. Just lost interest :(

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have Sword of Mana but haven't played it since it came out.

I remember enjoying it but I didn't have any nostalgia for any other games in the series, it's still the only one I've played. I spent a lot of time leveling weapons and farming for items, so I probably don't have a lot of scope as far as whether it drags. I'm the sort of person to voluntarily drag it out!

It does have two separate playthroughs, one as the boy who is better at combat and one as the girl who is better at magic. The story is hardly different, but the choice is there. So you could just play it once if you want to get through it or play it twice if you realize you really enjoyed it and want more.

I may have only enjoyed it because "omg I'm playing a console-like game on a portable, this is so amazing." Everything felt great on GBA back in the day.

3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504
    Nintendo Network ID: unclesporky
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Recommendations compiled from previous PA G&T GBA threads:
    Spoiler:

edited June 2011
    Cont'd:
    Spoiler:

• Andy JoeAndy Joe Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Slash, why don't you have Final Fantasy VI Advance up there?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Y Name: Morgan
    edited June 2011
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Slash, why don't you have Final Fantasy VI Advance up there?

Huh. Not sure how that one got overlooked. Thanks for the heads-up :)

Ill add it in a bit.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hadoken wrote: »
    Every megaman battle network.

I don't know if you should add every MMBN, but the second is probably the best one.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • lostprophetlostprophet Registered User
    edited June 2011
    What About Mario Tennis: Power Tour? The Mario Tennis games were some of the best I played on the Game Boy

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • RestartRestart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MMBN2 is my fave also! I'd consider 4 to be the worst, and 1 to be outdone by all of its sequels. Don't get Battle Chip Challenge either!

I guess it helps that I'm a Dragonball fan, but Advance Adventure is really, really good. Just on its own, its a very fluid platform-beat em up with great animations, music, and stage variety. There's a bunch of extra content in it too, so even when you beat it once, you get to go through as Krillin and stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_gQftp8V6E

spritesWalk.gif
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hadoken wrote: »
    Every megaman battle network.

I don't know if you should add every MMBN, but the second is probably the best one.

Eh, I feel 3 and 6 are both better than 2 and 5 is better than 1 and 4 (Which are both pretty garbage).

Though really, I loved all of them when they came out. 1 and 4 just had some major translation issues and buggy gameplay that didn't age well. Same sort of thing happened with Star Force.

• MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Restart wrote: »
    I guess it helps that I'm a Dragonball fan, but Advance Adventure is really, really good. Just on its own, its a very fluid platform-beat em up with great animations, music, and stage variety. There's a bunch of extra content in it too, so even when you beat it once, you get to go through as Krillin and stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_gQftp8V6E

I love how faithful the sprites are to the manga! :)

Does anyone know of an ebay seller that sells empty DS cases? I can't order through NOA because they don't ship to Europe. I made all my GBA cases using the American DS cases so would like to keep with those for continuity sake.

As an aside I bought up a bunch of DS cases for my GB and GBC games. The European cases are really easy to cut into shape because you don't need to carve up the DS cart holder.

17dcccfc.jpg

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I bought a legitimate knights of lodis copy fairly recently. it's still out there. I had kind of mixed feelings about it because the story is so awful/sad that it can be hard to enjoy it, especially if you pick route A.

castlevania: circle of the moon was probably my favorite gba title. aria of sorrow was okay, you can skip harmony of dissonance.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still need to find a copy of that game. (Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis)

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MS should really crib the idea that KoL used for class promotions.

Basically you needed certain achievements to turn into certain classes. Have Rare make Cheevo Warrior Deluxe.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    One of my favorite games that I always come back to from the GBA era is Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars. Did anyone else ever try it? It combined Advance Wars strategy with RPG elements, big customizable robots and good-old teen angst.

Buttons, ponies, and other random stuff
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
2»