As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Video Game Industry Thread: Time for a new thread

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Because beyond being a system seller, it can also serve as a template for how to properly do kinect games in a way that attracts the hardcore.

Honestly Microsoft dropped the ball bigtime in that respect.

Here's now the 3DS is doing in Japan:
    The DS is one of the best-selling handheld devices that the game industry has to offer, but Nintendo has struggled to match that device's performance with its follow-up, the 3DS. As part of a recent earnings report, Nintendo said that the 3DS fell short of its sales expectations through March by some 400,000 units, prompting the company to say that it would be stepping up its marketing efforts.

Still, Nintendo is making progress getting the device into gamers' hands. According to Mainichi (relayed by Andria Sang), industry-tracking Enterbrain revealed that the 3DS has now sold more than 1 million units in Japan, some 13 weeks after its late February launch. The Japan-focused game-industry site notes that the original DS took four weeks to hit the platinum marker, while the DS Lite and DSi each took eight weeks.

By Nintendo's most recent accounting in April, the company said that it had sold more than 3.61 million 3DS units worldwide. However, Nintendo has yet to release any of its iconic franchises for the platform. That will change on June 19 with the release of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Nintendo also has 3DS installments in its Mario Kart, Star Fox, Super Mario, and Kid Icarus franchises due by year's end.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6319251/3ds-sales-top-1-million-in-japan-report?tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B2

Meanwhile, Majesco is riding the Zumba train something fierce.
    Majesco's Zumba Fitness for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii launched seven months ago. Not coincidentally, the publisher has posted back-to-back profitable quarters since the game's release.

Majesco today reported financial results for its second fiscal quarter, crediting Zumba Fitness with helping nearly triple the publisher's sales for the period, and announcing the workout game has surpassed 2 million copies sold worldwide. For the three months ended April 30, Majesco posted sales of $32.14 million, up from $10.91 million for the same period the year before. The publisher also posted a net profit of $2.08 million, compared to a $1.61 million loss the prior second quarter.

The Zumba brand is expected to continue impacting Majesco's bottom line, as the publisher has a sequel planned to launch on the Wii this November and a second, as-yet unspecified platform early in 2012. While the original Zumba Fitness was developed by Pipeworks Software, the sequel has been entrusted to Zoe Mode, the studio behind Chime, Grease: The Game, Disney Sing It: Pop Hits, and Rock Revolution.

Majesco also narrowed down release windows for some of its other games. By the end of the current quarter (July 31), the publisher expects to release a trio of non-retail titles in BloodRayne: Betrayal for Xbox 360 and PS3, Greg Hasting's Paintball 2 for PS3, and Parking Wars 2 for Facebook (currently in closed beta testing).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6319255/majesco-nearly-triples-quarterly-revenues?tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B3

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am completely okay with the Kinect as a thing for children and party games. I think that is more than fine.

Microsoft constantly repeating that it's for "the hardcore" too (or whatever term is being used these days) is kind of deluded. Personally even if I wanted a Kinect my setup is completely unsuitable for it: I have a 26" screen that is eye level when I sit down. In all the PR material you see 40" wall mounted head height screens in a sizeable room that they can jump around in and in my experience most gamers don't have a gaming setup like that.

Moioink on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    List of developers that submitted the games that make up WiiPlay: Motion.

Source: http://www.nintendo.fr/NOE/fr_FR/gam...General_May_11

ARZEST Corporation (http://www.arzest.jp/en/origin.html)

CHUNSOFT Co., Ltd. (999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Shiren the Wanderer series, Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon games, Dragon Quest I - V)

Good-Feel Co.,Ltd (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Warioland: Shake It!, Looksley's Line Up)

MITCHELL CORPORATION (Polarium series, Magnetica series, Suujin Taisen: Number Battles)

PROPE, Ltd. -- Yuji Naka's studio (Let's Tap, Let's Catch, Ivy the Kiwi? titles, Rodea the Sky Knight)

SKIP Ltd. (Chibi-Robo series, -art style- series, Giftpia, LOL, Snowpack Park, bit generations series)

NdCUBE Co.,Ltd. (F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Wii Party, Mario Party 9)

VANPOOL,INC. (Tingle series of DS games, see other titles here: http://www.vanpool.co.jp/work.html)

There are some top shelf developers here. Interesting, I wonder which of the games each one is responsible for.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Eh, they provided a target and some feedback for Jonathan Blows anti-MS certification complaints, so that alone made it worth it.

EDIT: As for Kinect, while the stuff in the Ghost Recon game and ME3 aren't terrible (aside from that shooting.) they really, really aren't things that I would expect that someone would run out and drop an additional $150 bucks on. Well sure, you can say that eventually there will be enough software with additional features like that to make it worth it, IMO that would takes years and we'd probably be in a new generation by that point.

Honestly, the Kinect needs a killer app for the hardcore: a game that will make people want to buy a Kinect for it. (And that ISN'T dance central). Because beyond being a system seller, it can also serve as a template for how to properly do kinect games in a way that attracts the hardcore. Whether or not we'll ever see a game like that is anyone's guess.

Blow only brought it up because they were there and were XBL guys (who'd been shilling for at least 45 minutes by that point). If they hadn't been there, maybe the discussion would've actually been interesting during that segment. Instead we got over an hour of Microsoft employees telling us how awesome Microsoft is and how great their conference was.

As for Kinect, that's what I was saying back when they first announced it two years ago. It was painfully obvious that all Microsoft were going to do was copy what Nintendo, Sony and others had done beforehand because that's what they do and, for the most part, have done since they entered the console market. Blinx, Forza, Lost Odyssey, Lips, etc.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Huh? Those are third party titles. I'm not quite sure why you're blaming Microsoft for copying there...

Also I'm not sure how much you can say they "copy" - unless "making a game in a genre that exists" constitutes copying. I know Lost Odyssey alone has some pretty significant differences from Final Fantasy, dispite being developed by the father of Final Fantasy in the first place. But it's still an RPG so obviously there are many similarities too, just based on the fact that... well, that's the genre.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited June 2011
    So, uh, this exists. And is surprisingly informative.

http://hassonybeenhackedthisweek.com/

cloudeagle on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah also Forza shits all over Gran Turismo, so there is that.

And Microsoft have given us Halo and Gears, which crap all over everything.

And Kinect Sports curls up a fat turd all over Wii Sports, despite how people like to dismiss that as a clone.

So comparisons and claims of plagarism are pointless. Basically, Microsoft look at something and then improve it, like the Borg or some shit. But they still have plenty of other examples where they have been more experimental. Take the Rare stuff like Viva Pinata and Banjo N&B, both great games (however much Rare haters like to pretend otherwise) and pretty unique experiences this gen.

As for all the people still going on about Kinect being for kids and casuals but not for the hardcore - Child of Eden reviews are out, and state you are all silly geese. But given how many positive reviews and previews have done the rounds for Kinect while the same people keep saying the same things, I don't expect it to change much.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Huh? Those are third party titles. I'm not quite sure why you're blaming Microsoft for copying there...

Also I'm not sure how much you can say they "copy" - unless "making a game in a genre that exists" constitutes copying. I know Lost Odyssey alone has some pretty significant differences from Final Fantasy, dispite being developed by the father of Final Fantasy in the first place. But it's still an RPG so obviously there are many similarities too, just based on the fact that... well, that's the genre.

No, they're not third party titles. Turn 10 is an internal Microsoft studio and the others were developed by third parties but still published (and owned) by Microsoft.

And yes, I think Microsoft told those developers what kind of game they wanted them to make. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that they suddenly came up with their own franchises when they were lacking the equivalent leader in their genre. No Gran Turismo? Lets make Forza. No Mario, Jak, etc? Let's make Blinx. Square Enix have shown no sign of coming to the 360? Let's hire Sakaguchi to make us our own Final Fantasy and we'll finally be popular in Japan! Oh Singstar's actually pretty popular? Lips! Our motion control device is coming out? I know let's come up with the incredibly innovative Kinect Sports.

They're not the only ones that do it (Sony had their own Move sports game after all and there were countless ripoffs on the Wii of Nintendo's casual games) but they're pretty blatant about it and have only gotten worse in recent years.

And how the hell is Lost Odyssey significantly different from Final Fantasy?

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    edited June 2011
    You don't think it's a coincidence that the father of Final Fantasy wanted to develop an RPG?

Also, Microsoft publishing the titles doesn't really mean anything. They threw money at the developers for exclusives. That's really all it means. You are confusing Microsoft securing exclusives in a wide variety of genres with "copying."

P.S. Microsoft also published Mass Effect. And the stuff fraggle mentioned.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited June 2011

And Kinect Sports curls up a fat turd all over Wii Sports, despite how people like to dismiss that as a clone.

So comparisons and claims of plagarism are pointless. Basically, Microsoft look at something and then improve it, like the Borg or some shit. But they still have plenty of other examples where they have been more experimental. Take the Rare stuff like Viva Pinata and Banjo N&B, both great games (however much Rare haters like to pretend otherwise) and pretty unique experiences this gen.

As for all the people still going on about Kinect being for kids and casuals but not for the hardcore - Child of Eden reviews are out, and state you are all silly geese. But given how many positive reviews and previews have done the rounds for Kinect while the same people keep saying the same things, I don't expect it to change much.

While I'm looking forward to Child of Eden, one game doesn't change the reputation of an entire system. The existence of Madworld didn't suddenly make the Wii a hardcore paradise. And I'll be surprised if Child of Eden sells well, given how Rez did (unfortunately). Also it's perfectly playable without Kinect.

Also: you seriously get surprised when people call you the Kinect guy? :P

cloudeagle on
    edited June 2011

I am a big Rez fan but that's just one game (if I bought hardware for just one game I'd own a Jaguar) and it's coming to PS3 too. I think there's a COE temporary shop in Soho so I might go play it there.

On the list of Microsoft rip offs, there's their versions of the Buzz controller and Eyetoy too. They are not a company you go to for innovation that's for sure.

Moioink on
    edited June 2011

I <3 U Fraggle....these boards wouldn't be the same without you.

As for Children of Eden, that one I want to try, as it looks pretty sweet. Hopefully my brother in law who has Kinect will get it.

Also Wii Sports is awesome, and yea, I prefer it to the Kinect version.

I hate shooters so I wouldn't know about Gears or Halo other than the fact that they look as bland as CoD or any other shooter game.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited June 2011
    Also: you seriously get surprised when people call you the Kinect guy?

No I never get surprised about that, but still, given the amount of negativity and miss-information which keeps being repeatedeatedeatedeatedeated despite evidence to the contrary someone needs to point out the positive news.

I happen to think the technology is a) progressive b) fun to use c) a differentiator and d) damned cool so I might as well be the one to vocally support it.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So, uh, this exists. And is surprisingly informative.

http://hassonybeenhackedthisweek.com/

Hey, it's five days and counting. That's good!

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know it's all just opinions, but I really don't think Kinect Sports is all that hot. The massive amount of delay on the motion detection is a real turnoff. Wii Sports Resort managed to temper it's responsiveness by presenting games which forced you to move a little slower.

I like Kinect and I think it'll do respectable business this holiday but I was pretty disappointed by the playability of the software so far. E3 did show lots of improvements, though.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
    edited June 2011
    No I never get surprised about that, still, given the amount of negativity and miss-information which keeps being repeatedeatedeatedeatedeated despite evidence to the contrary someone needs to point out the positive news.

I happen to think the technology is a) progressive b) fun to use c) a differentiator and d) damned cool so I might as well be the one to vocally support it.

I don't think you giving positive feedback is an issue, I do think that you go as overboard as some of the haters do around here. There is a way to love a product and still see it's flaws.

The Wii is pretty much my favorite system this generation, and it has attracted haters the which has never been seen before, but I can still see the flaws in the system and what it could do better, and I say as much.

That doesn't mean that we can't still enjoy our games, flaws and all. Heck I still think Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are two of the greatest games this generation and beat out most everything in innovation, imagination, and design.

In other words: Be one with the flaws, embrace them, only then can you truly reach zen. :)

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also: you seriously get surprised when people call you the Kinect guy?

No I never get surprised about that, but still, given the amount of negativity and miss-information which keeps being repeatedeatedeatedeatedeated despite evidence to the contrary someone needs to point out the positive news.

Being the sole voice does not make you the disseminator of truth either, though. Extreme positivity and misinformation is just as bad as the alternative, and the Kudo quote from a few pages ago is a prime example of that.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited June 2011
    Well, I own a Kinect and I've gotten enjoyment out of it, but I still have my doubts about how well it could be used for many noncasual games. So far Child of Eden and the Gunstringer look pretty much like it, since everything else has been delayed or relegates the Kinect stuff to a minor, optional feature. Star Wars is hard to classify, since 1) it could be considered a collection of minigames, and 2) at this point the lag is intolerable. Time will tell if it gets better, though.

But like I said, it's worked well in some casual games, and they've tended to sell pretty well. (Speaking of which, I wonder if sales for Dance Central have finally tailed off, or if they're still simmering beneath the surface?)

cloudeagle on
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A source at Crytek has told Eurogamer that the next Xbox will be at the next E3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-14-new-xbox-will-be-at-e3-2012-report

Why Microsoft? You could likely pad this bad boy out for another two years or so.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kinect Sports isn't half the game Wii Sports Resort is. It's not bad, mind, but not in the same league.

Frags is right about Forza though.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited June 2011
    A source at Crytek has told Eurogamer that the next Xbox will be at the next E3.

Why Microsoft? You could likely this this bad boy out for another two years or so.

If that's true, way to throw Kinect under the bus Microsoft :P

Warlock82 on
    edited June 2011
    Kinect Sports isn't half the game Wii Sports Resort is. It's not bad, mind, but not in the same league.

Burnout Paradise destroys all other racing games. (mind you I don't like Sim racers :P )

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Why Microsoft? You could likely this this bad boy out for another two years or so.

Eh, the current consoles are getting old. I mean, they're still fine graphically, but you can always make them faster and add more RAM.

But still, it'll probably be a year+ from the announcement before it's on the store shelves, so they'll get another couple of years out of the current Xbox.

Also, announcing a next gen console will put a hole or two in Nintendo's plan to release a console that's roughly on par PS360, power-wise.

edit: Also, I'd be surprised if the new console wasn't Kinect compatible.

reVerse on
    edited June 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

If that's true, way to throw Kinect under the bus Microsoft :P

Eh, if it is shown at next year's E3 for release in 2013, that wouldn't be too unreasonable. And it wouldn't have really detracted from Kinect's success--its release caused the only significant and sustained positive change in sales so late in a console's life that I can think of.

At any rate, looks like Wii U really was the trigger for the next gen.

cloudeagle on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Why Microsoft? You could likely pad this bad boy out for another two years or so.

"Alright guys, Nintendo has shown their hand. Can we do that?"

"Screen in the controller and a small hardware bump? Sure, why not?"

"Ok. Clone the controller but make it multitouch and full analog, triple their rumored CPU/GPU and send those specs off to third parties, we're set for next gen."

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really hope MS goes with Kinect + a split controller as standard next gen. That would be very interesting because it would allow a range of games instead of shooters on the one hand and dance/exercise games on the other. The WiiU controller is interesting but I don't think that MS has to copy it, necessarily.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    LulzSec just took out a few games and sites:
    We just wiped out the login server for Eve Online, and it accidentally took their website out at the same time: http://t.co/BgRuEoA
    19 minutes ago
    @EveOnline our boats sunk your inferior spaceships, ujelly?
    3 minutes ago via web
    EveOnline EVE Online
    by LulzSec
    EVE Online and related services are currently offline, to return ASAP after investigation of some issues #tweetfleet #eveonline
    1 minute ago
    Nothing like the great taste of raging gamers for lunch: escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18… You mad, Escapist users? Want some ice cream with your jelly?
    1 hour ago
    Tango down: http://t.co/Kgsq9LP *munches popcorn* wonder where the gamers are gonna run now.
    24 minutes ago
    We're firing at Escapist Magazine with around 0.4% of our total ammunition. Let's see what their admins are made of - game is on, folks.
    11 minutes ago

So I can't help but think targetting EVE online was a mistake for them considering some of the people that play that game.

Cade on
    edited June 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Burnout Paradise destroys all other racing games. (mind you I don't like Sim racers :P )

I am disappointed that I live in a world where Forza and GT sell millions of copies while nobody cares about a port of Sega Rally 3. :(

Moioink on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you don't want to read Twitters posts by inane idiots:
    http://www.1up.com/news/minecraft-eve-online-hit-by-hackers
    claiming responsibility for new attacks on EVE Online, Minecraft, and gaming website The Escapist.

EVE Online is currently down, as announced on Twitter. It will return "ASAP after investigation of some issues." A subsequent tweet by EVE Online reads, "EVE Online and related services experienced an Internet attack. We have taken them down as a security precaution." According to the LulzSec Twitter account, the hackers' goal was to take down the game's login server and, in the process, it inadvertently knocked the official website down.

The login server for Minecraft was likewise targeted with the website temporarily becoming inaccessible in the process. (The site is back up as of this writing.) The Escapist was the first of the three gaming-related targets today; its website remains offline.

Couscous on
    edited June 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    In other words: Be one with the flaws, embrace them, only then can you truly reach zen. :)

I dunno, I've been pretty open about the fact that Dance Central just isn't for me.

The problem is, so many of the games get insta-dismissed despite their various merits.

I've spent most time with Your Shape : Fitness Evolved. Really like it. However, most forum-dwelling posters wouldn't even register such a title in their peripheral vision as a source of entertainment, let alone accept it may actually be any good or represent innovation in such diverse fields as interface design, human / tool / videogame interaction, social media, sponsorship and DLC experimentation. Instead, and a far cry from that genre, when presented with something like Child of Eden; a genuinely excellent game with a tangible USP which can be found to harness the strengths of the system in ways people have been requesting since launch, we see;
    I am a big Rez fan but that's just one game (if I bought hardware for just one game I'd own a Jaguar)
    See what I mean? Good job there is more than just that game on the system then, not to mention the other applications for the device. So yeah, for such reasons, I tend to go overboard and overemphasize the positive.

I'm fully aware of Kinects flaws, moreso than most since I've spent so much time using the thing. Knowing and experiencing those flaws also allows you to more clearly observe where genuine potential resides and where even lousy-looking videos can translate into decent gameplay experiences.

And man, you don't want to be within earshot when I have trouble getting a certain excercise routine to register correctly during a 'Your Shape' session...

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited June 2011
    "ujelly?" Seriously? That's a thing?

cloudeagle on
    edited June 2011
    fragglefart, with all due respect, you come across as a ridiculous fanboy of the Kinect. Maybe tone it down a notch and accept people don't share the same enthusiasm for it as you do?

FWIW I bought both Wii Fit and EA Sports Active. Great, the Kinect is doing stuff the Wii did a few years ago. *golfclap*

Moioink on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    "ujelly?" Seriously? That's a thing?

The hackers are part of an internet culture that consists of a bunch of stupid memes repeated to the point where they have lost all meaning.

Couscous on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The title for biggest douchebags on the internet is reaching a fever pitch between LulzSec and anonymous now.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
    edited June 2011
    What the fuck is ujelly?

Cooking sim from Ubisoft?

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited June 2011
    I am a big Rez fan but that's just one game (if I bought hardware for just one game I'd own a Jaguar)
    See what I mean? Good job there is more than just that game on the system then, not to mention the other applications for the device. So yeah, for such reasons, I tend to go overboard and overemphasize the positive.

But you're totally going overboard again here again. He's not wrong. Yes, there are more Kinect games out there. But he (and I and a lot of other people) don't give a shit about Kinect Sports or Kinect Adventures or whatever other Wii-ripoff titles they've released. They have ONE game that really appeals to the "hardcore" audience, and that isn't even Kinect-required. And as others have mentioned, a lot of the Kinect support they've been adding to other more hardcore titles is really, really incidental stuff like the voice commands in ME3 (which really does not require Kinect at all)

I'm not trying to shit on Kinect here, I'm just saying - I've yet to see anything that actually makes me want to spend $150 on the thing (this is again assuming I could even use it - which I can't given my TV setup and Kinect's large space requirements)

Warlock82 on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What the fuck is ujelly?

ujelly = Are you jealous?

The_Scarab on
    edited June 2011
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    What the fuck is ujelly?

Yes, we get that, but that phrase is just as infantile and annoying as, well, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkvPVGcpthc

cloudeagle on
    edited June 2011
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    What the fuck is ujelly?

So it's a cheat-on-your-partner sim from Ubisoft?

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All I have to say about the Kinect is that the montage of Kinect games from E3 posted a few pages back is actually a lot more cringe worthy then the "Mr Caffeine" videos flying around. Which is certainly, well . . . something.

Opening closing your hand or grouping an invisible breast to fire weapons, kids flailing their arms around constantly to make a ball roll in a Monkey Ball ripoff, most of the other people looking like mentally challenged people playing a sort of Pictionary game (oh, you're pretending to play football!). Its just really bad. I do appreciate that its trying something different, however I don't see it amounting to anything more then a decent dance/fitness simulation product in its current form. The recent Cracked article that highlighted it and the Star Wars game that was demonstrated as being examples of backwards technology in a lot of ways only echoes what a lot of people have been saying for some time.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0