As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3: Now You're Thinking with Two Screens - Wii U Photos in OP

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    well bale that's just you bein' a big wrong old man

kid icarus, ocarina of time, starfox, super mario, paper mario and

uhhhhhhhhh

animal crossing!

yeahhhh

animal crossing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eso2Sj0S6u0

edit: wow this is irt a post from like a billion years ago

I've already played Ocarina and Star Fox 64 a million times, I'm not going to buy a 3DS to play them again.

and the super mario and kid icarus 3DS games look bad

and no one has ever been able to sufficiently explain to me what exactly is fun about Animal Crossing
    You can go fishing and chase bugs while wearing stupid outfits that you designed.

Clint Eastwood on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that dosen't sound fun to me

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh, and you have to pay a mortgage. That's the best part.

Clint Eastwood on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drew-B wrote: »
    I am something like 14 hours into Brotherhood. It was $40 from XBL's game market, and only took about 3 hours to download.

This game is good. I may be losing steam. I have no idea how far I am through this game.

I suck at playing games like this. I play them like I would a fucking Bethesda RPG, meaning I make my own fun while nibbling at the quests like a mouse on a cookie. I drink that shit in slowly. Unfortunately, I sometimes lose interest far before finishing because of this. It's like I'm terrified of parts of the mini map which progress the main story. The sad part is, those really are the most well-thought out and most fun portions of the game.

I'm pretty sure this is a negative side effect of too many great RPG/Open world games wherein you usually hear the line "If you just focus on the main quest, bla bla bla, 10 hours...explore and do sidequests...30 hours." I tend to hang around too long because I don't want to rush through this stuff and as a result, lose steam as a result. And yes, I realize Brotherhood is a long game in itself. That's probably part of the problem, given how I was playing through it.

edit: Oh, this game get harder? It's a bit easy, apart from some missions where stealth is required. I always have plenty of arrows, smoke bombs, bullets, shin kicks, etc. to easily handle any amount of enemies. The medicine bag which holds over a dozen "instant-100%-restore health packs" doesn't help.

Eh, it's pretty easy the whole way through. The most "difficult" parts are the Romulus Lairs, which are challenging because they're essentially puzzles. None of them crazy hard, though.

Also. AssBro's MP is where its at. Easily my favorite MP game this gen.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drew-B wrote: »
    edit: Oh, this game get harder? It's a bit easy, apart from some missions where stealth is required. I always have plenty of arrows, smoke bombs, bullets, shin kicks, etc. to easily handle any amount of enemies. The medicine bag which holds over a dozen "instant-100%-restore health packs" doesn't help.

The challenge of Brotherhood is staying hidden and getting assassinations done efficiently not staying alive.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I suppose.

But I also have a gun, and a sword and butcher knife, and a crossbow and a horde of assassins who will jump in and ruin people's shit whenever I went. And a ton of armor that I've invested in.

I'm pretty stealthy, and in most missions I love playing the assassin and walking up slowly to slip someone a poison blade. That really is fun for me. But I'm bad at tying one hand behind my back if the game isn't forcing me. If they give me a gun, which happens to be alarmingly fun to use against suits of armor, damn I want to use it. Call me an Assassins Creed dilettante I guess.

Drew-B on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah they definitely made you a freaking god in that game.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Melding I'm not really.. saying that you need it to make assbro better. It is just.. weird the way you are approaching it to me. The games have a story and things that happen.

I don't know, it seems like skipping a movie in a series of movies. If that makes any sense.

I get that, that's why i read a plot write up and stuff from several different sites. I'm not going into it completely blind story wise. And honestly the game does a pretty good recap once you get back from Rome.
    Other then being kind of silly, i have no issue with the plot. Infamous' plot was silly and i loved that game.

you could ignore all aspects of the AC story and be better off for it. Just play the ones you want to play.

There are dudes who need to be stabbed, and you are the one to do it. Just, go with that.

No way. Ezio's story is completely fantastic

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    halo anniversary edition to launch with 360 version of the duke

I wish

http://ca.kotaku.com/5812311/the-original-xbox-controller-is-coming-back-in-an-extremely-limited-way-only-for-halo-fest

which is hilarious since koshian made that up at the time

edit: oh wait it's only 6 controllers and it's for Halo Fest

n/m

Garlic Bread on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh, and you have to pay a mortgage. That's the best part.

that fucking raccoon

Kusuguttai on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    and no one has ever been able to sufficiently explain to me what exactly is fun about Animal Crossing
    It is a video game. Video games are fun.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Keith wrote: »

I wish

http://ca.kotaku.com/5812311/the-original-xbox-controller-is-coming-back-in-an-extremely-limited-way-only-for-halo-fest

n/m

I want a 360 compatible Duke.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited June 2011
    Campion wrote: »

not all of them

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »

I wish

n/m

I want a 360 compatible Duke.

I have dreamed of one

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    yes a 360 compatible duke let me just put on my hulk hands so i can hold it properly

Kusuguttai on
    edited June 2011
    I must have gigantic hands because the Duke is most comfortable controller I've ever used

the 360 controller is 2nd place though

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    you probably have andre the giants hands, yes

Kusuguttai on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So they're already apparently working on a new Xbox console.

And one of the first games to be developed for it is going to be a new Timesplitters game.

Sweeney Tom on
    edited June 2011
    I don't have long fingers, but they are kinda thick.

I still liked the Duke more than the S controller.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited June 2011
    of course they are working on a new console

Sony almost certainly is too

but those babies won't be coming out until 2013 or 2014 at the earliest

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    A report from Reuters is indicating that hacker group Lulz Security (LulzSec) broke into a public portion of the Senate website over a weekend and claimed responsibility for that attack in a Tweet Monday. Now, for the second time in a week, the group has broken into a public senate site and downloaded information.

“They’re getting nothing but the attacks continue,” Senate sergeant at arms Martina Bradford told Reuters, “We’ve been able to stay ahead of the hackers and keep them out of the main Senate network.”

In addition to the Senate website the LulzSec group, which has yet to claim this latest hack, has also performed attacks on Sony BMG, Nintendo.com , Sonypictures.com, PBS.org, Fox.com, US X Factor contestant database, Sonymusic.co.jp, InfraGard (a company affiliated with the FBI) International Monetary Fund and Lockheed Martin, Citigroup, and Michaels stores.

At this time, CIA.gov, the official site of the Central Intelligence Agency, is also unresponsive to browsing and we have reason to believe it has faced the same fate as the other prominent sites. LulzSec has seemed to claim responsibility for the CIA site going down with this Tweet, posted Wednesday evening PST, stating “Tango down - CIA.gov – for the lulz.”

http://thenextweb.com/industry/2011/06/15/senate-website-cia-gov-hacked-lulzsec-claims-responsibility/

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited June 2011
    woops bale
    Micro$oft just announced their new console slated for a Q4 2012 release

i could make an omelet with all the egg on your face

Kusuguttai on
    edited June 2011
    I seriously can't afford all this shit

I'm still buying Xbox 1 games

Shit, I'm still catching up on SNES games

The fuck

Sweeney Tom on
    edited June 2011
    if you think I am clicking a link with "Micro$oft" in it you are mistaken

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    I seriously can't afford all this shit

I'm still buying Xbox 1 games

Shit, I'm still catching up on SNES games

The fuck

stop living in the third world

Kusuguttai on
    edited June 2011

not all of them

Yeah but video games are fun.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited June 2011

not all of them

yeah but I dont understand why this particular game is fun

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    my favorite part of animal crossing is and always will be resetti

Kusuguttai on
    edited June 2011

not all of them

yeah but I dont understand why this particular game is fun

A ball is fun, I do not understand why either, I just accept that it is fun. There are things in this world that we do not need to question, they just are.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited June 2011
    what is delicious.

Kusuguttai on
    edited June 2011
    except it's not fun, for me at least

I dont understand the appeal

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Cute furry animals

That's literally all the appeal of Animal Crossing

But dammit, that's enough for me to love the series

Sweeney Tom on
    edited June 2011
    you can hit them in the face with your bug catching net, which is pretty sweet.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M
    Williams is an avid enthusiast of games (even naming his daughter after Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda video game series),[38] enjoying pen-and-paper role-playing games and online video games, recently playing Warcraft 3, Day of Defeat, Half-Life,[39] and the first-person shooter Battlefield 2 as a sniper.[40] On January 6, 2006, he performed live at Consumer Electronics Show during Google's keynote.[41] In the 2006 E3, on the invitation of Will Wright, he demonstrated the creature editor of Spore while simultaneously commenting on the creature's look: "This will actually make a platypus look good."[42] He also complimented the game's versatility, comparing it to Populous and Black & White. Later that year, he was one of several celebrities to participate in the Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited June 2011

Why do kids like Apple Jacks if they don't taste like apples?

Garlic Bread on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Animal Crossing is a fun little time sink until you get bored and don't play for a few months. Then you come back to it and find the entire town is covered in weeds. You take a whole day to pull weeds and plant fruit to bring your orchard back up to speed. Then you realize that you just did virtual yard work for a whole day and you trade in the game.

SirToasty on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M
    Williams is an avid enthusiast of games (even naming his daughter after Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda video game series),[38] enjoying pen-and-paper role-playing games and online video games, recently playing Warcraft 3, Day of Defeat, Half-Life,[39] and the first-person shooter Battlefield 2 as a sniper.[40] On January 6, 2006, he performed live at Consumer Electronics Show during Google's keynote.[41] In the 2006 E3, on the invitation of Will Wright, he demonstrated the creature editor of Spore while simultaneously commenting on the creature's look: "This will actually make a platypus look good."[42] He also complimented the game's versatility, comparing it to Populous and Black & White. Later that year, he was one of several celebrities to participate in the Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day.

Love the beard

101 on
    edited June 2011

Exactly.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited June 2011

Exactly.

because they are sweet and sugary and kids love sweets

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Starting out in a new environment with plenty to expore feels exciting, collecting various things (bugs, fish, and fossils) is satisfying, getting new stuff for your pad is cool, and fucking around with the neighboring residents is almost always enjoyable.

Its a fun relaxing time sink after more hectic games.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0