Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E PbP] (IC) Keep on the Shadowfell+ - Chapter 1: The King's Road

135

Posts

  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grinning at the prospect of some exercise even as the spear slams into his armor, bruising something below it for sure, Nolar's excitement quickly turns to shock as the legions of kobolds that had charged at them are hurridly removed from existence. "OIE! Leave some of 'em fer me ya...hoggin'...hogs. Bah! Out o' me way!" He yells, still surprised by how quickly the creatures fell. Seeking to remedy this, the dwarf trots in a measured pace past the 'diplomat' toward the dragon scale-protected koboldling. "Aww, be cute it is," He says as he finally recognizes what the creature's using as a shield, chuckling to himself briefly. A moment later and the giant hammer comes crashing down on the reptile's shield, but where the dwarf had expected it to crack or possibly shatter on impact, instead there is naught but a resounding clang. "Hmpf. Test swing that was. Need ta warm up th'arms."

    Move Action: Move to H7.
    Standard Action: Word of Diminishment (Rune of Destruction) at Kobold Dragonshield 2, 1d20+7=10, Miss! vs AC.
    Rune of Destruction: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to me.

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Dragonshield raises his scale and sword, deflecting the dwarf's heavy hammer with some semblence of skill. Then, the dragonling uses the force of that blow to slip further around the boulder, putting its back solidly against the rock to prevent anyone from getting in behind it.

    These lizards are slippery.

    Dragonshield Tactics!

    Trigger: An enemy adjacent to the kobold shifts or an enemy moves to a square adjacent to the kobold.
    --> Nolar did this!

    Effect: (Immediate Reaction): The kobold shifts 1 square.
    --> The Dragonshield shifts to G7

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Andrei bides his time as the combat begins, watching as the wave of runts surrounds his group and nodding with satisfaction as they are quickly dispersed. He'd rather have a more significant opponent any day, and with time... Ahh, there they are.

    After the Dragonshield and Nolar trade a pair of ineffective blows, he calls out to both Nolar and Godfrey. "Surround that one, keep him pinned down!" The tone of command in his voice is so strong, the pair of warriors find themselves moving into position to flank the Dragonshield. Nolar points behind the boulder and Andrei turns, just barely seeing the edge of another hiding dragonling.

    Andrei raises his shield and intones a prayer under his breath; "Dark Lady, shroud me in your embrace!" Shadows of a wholly unnatural origin rise from the ground and encircle him, making him difficult to see even to those with the ability to see in darkness. So bolstered, he charges around the rock. Yet sadly for all his bravado his axe swing at the slinger flies far too wide and carves nothing but air.

    Move: Noble Presence! Nolar shifts to G6, Godfrey shifts to G8. Both gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

    Minor: Shroud of Shadow. I gain 5 THP and partial concealment until the end of my next turn.

    Standard: Charge (MBA) to M8 vs Kobold Slinger AC (13): 1d20+10 11 1d10+9 10 Ok, so, that's a pair of 1's. Good show, Orokos!


    Status:
    Spoiler:
    Up Next: [Ezekiel] - On Deck: [???]

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Map Update:
    Spoiler:
    Status:
    Spoiler:
    Up Next: [Ezekiel] - On Deck: [Hidden Dragonshield]

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nolar glances to his left after the diplomat 'suggests' a new position for him to move in, grumbling along the way as he does so, before noting the presence of more reptiles, "'Nother one o'em 'round tha other side o' tha rock 'ere, Goldie."

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • AcratiaAcratia Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Spotting an opportunity, Zeke rolls forward between the Dragonborn's legs, firing the hand crossbow with both hands on the grip. The shot whizzes through the air and pegs the kobold square in the gut, causing a shriek of lizardly pain. The archaeologist smirks, holding the crossbow up to his shoulder and giving the kobold a little thumbs up for good measure.


    Move: Tactical Trick, Move to G12.

    Standard: Backstab vs Kobold Dragonshield 2 : 1d20+13: 24 [1d20=11] Hit!

    Damage: 1d6+2d6+1d6+6: 18 [1d6=6] [2d6=2, 1] [1d6=3]

    Kobold Dragonshield 2 is at 18/36 HP, and bloodied.

    Minor: Strike a pose.


    Status:
    Spoiler:
    Up Next: - On Deck: [???]

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ezekiel notices another of the larger, more heavily armed and armored dragonthings slink around the large boulder to his right, advancing on the Warforged pinning the other between himself, a rock, and a dwarf. He manages to shout a warning just as the second Dragonshield slashes across the backs of Godfrey's knees with a vicious, serrated shortsword. The blow bites deeply into metal and wood, dropping the Paladin to one knee.

    As Nolar sees his golden ally wounded, he hears an odd, rising squawl from his left. He turns his head just in time to see an earthenware pot fly past his head, only to shatter on the road behind him, spattering the grass and dirt with a thick, stinking goop. A muttered curse in garbled Draconic is then heard, and as the Runepriest turns, he spots a rusty-scaled tail and matching set of talons dive into the bushes beyond the boulder. There's a lot of noise and movement of the foliage to track, however.

    The rangy kobold Andrei corners covers its head with both hands, and squeaks in terror as the nobleman swings an axe... over its head completely. It peeks out from between its fingers, and cackles in corrupted Draconic as it skitters out of the way, eager to put distance between it and the charging Blackguard. A ball of pitch is pulled from a pocket, and placed in the creature's sling. Two quick spins and a snappy release send the sticky missile directly at the Vrancean's chest, and the impact makes the man grunt despite the protective platemail, and his cloak of shadows.

    And then, the black stuff catches fire.

    Taking advantage of this distraction, the sling-bearing kobold dashes into the bushes like its ally, but this time the entrance is smooth and silent - that it is between the leaves and branches is obvious, but where, exactly?

    Actions:
    Spoiler:
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Status:
    Spoiler:
    Up Next: [Tokul], [Tara], [Godfrey] - On Deck: [ Dragonshield 2]

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tokul's eyes scanned the battlefield as the runty creatures enacted their ambush. He spotted the nobleman disappear behind the rocks, dashing after him. He ducked down instinctively as the earthenware flies toward their targets. He slid against the ground, backing against the boulder. Keen on lessening the danger for the group, Tokul called out to Andrei. "Black-Heart, you mustn't be running off! They may be luring you away for a reason!"

    The dragonborn lifted his bow as he decided on a proper target, choosing to assist Godfrey. He lent a word of advice as they coordinated their assault, "Godfrey, swing low on the bloody one! No more oil spills, you know how long those take to clean up!"

    However, his aim proved unworthy as the arrow struck the rockface instead of its target. The words still rung true for the warforged, as he recovered from the attack from behind.
    Spoiler:
    Status:
    Spoiler:

    Up Next: [Tara], [Godfrey] -- On Deck: [Kobold Dragonshield 2]

  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    [Draconic] ... attacked a column, exactly?" [/Draconic] Tara finishes as she points as one of the kobolds with her free hand and moves her finger back and forth in controlled motions. Suddenly seized with vigour, it scampers out and around to make a stabbing attack with its sword against its own ally, but misses badly as it stumbled forth in its enthusiasm.

    Tara's mouth twists to one side in response.
    Spoiler:

    Status:
    Spoiler:

    Up Next: [Godfrey] -- On Deck: [Kobold Dragonshield 2]

  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Fie to you, whelps! This barbarism will not stand!" Godfrey declared irritably at the harrying Kobolds. Unfortunately, his retaliation proved ill matched to his words, as his blade glanced off the creature's shield. Still, the gauntlet had been cast in the eyes of Waukeen. Would the Kobold rise to the challenge?
    Spoiler:

    Status:
    Spoiler:

    Up Next: On Deck: [Kobold Dragonshield 2]

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Snapping a curse at its ally when it moves in to attack it, the wounded Dragonshield turns in place, and lashes out at the golden Warforged, obeying his divine command. The shortsword is aimed at a weak point in Godfrey's armor, and the point catches the organic stuff of the Paladin's hip, further impeding him.

    The rust-scaled ruffian then sidles out of Nolar's reach, punches its dazzled ally in the shoulder with its shield, then steps around the staggering kobold to protect it from anyone trying to take advantage of its staggered condition.

    "Ekki bara ferðamenn!" it shouts in heavily, heavily corrupted Draconic.

    Draconic:
    Spoiler:

    Actions:
    Spoiler:
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Status:
    Spoiler:

    Up Next: [Nolar], [Andrei], [Ezekiel] - On Deck: [Kobold Dragonshield 1]

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The dwarf chuckles as one of the kobolds near him is sent reeling, his concentration stumbling and opening up to (hopefully) a sucessfull smashing. Nolar does a quick survey of the battlefield as he moves into position, sidestepping these shifty kobolds and their shifty ways, before raising an eyebrow at Godfrey, "Goldie, ye seem ta 'ave got some chips in yer...gold. Try an' not make a habit out o' it, eh? Oi'm a priest, not a sculpter." Turning back to the pair of kobolds now arrayed in front of him, the dwarf raises the oversized warhammer in one hand while staring down the lowly creatures. "By tha might o' tha All-Father OI CLEANSE YE FROM THA EARTH!" He says in a booming voice, quickly grasping his morkenkrad with his other hand and sweeping it around in an arc to catch both of the kobolds. As the weapon arcs around, a wave of blasting fire is sent shooting out a dozen feet in front of him that smashes into and through the kobolds standing there. One of the kobolds manages to raise his puny dragon scale, causing the fire to deflect harmlessly away even if scaring the beejus out of the small reptile. Sadly for the second lizard, his disorientation has left him vulnerable and the fires roll over his body, scorching most of his body and lighting the rest of his meagre clothes on fire. As the fires pass over Godfrey, he feels only comforting heat and not searing flame as it infuses his gold form and lends a bit of added strength to his assaults.

    With a satisfied smile on his face, Nolar then turns to notice the second kobold cowering behind his dragon scale, upon which the dwarf narrows his eyes in a somewhat annoyed expression. "Oi said, he begins, bringing the mordenkrad around for another swing, "OI CLENASE YE FROM THA EARTH!" The swing connects with the scale of the small creature causing a loud metallic clang and sending a crack shooting through it and breaking the reptile's shield arm in the process, dropping the kobold to the ground unmoving from the very impact. As the strike lands, a small burst of light flares from the point of contact before infusing the nearby warlord with some divine protection to hopefully prevent any of the creatures from getting any ideas.


    Move Action: Shift to H6. Dragonshield 1 can't react while dazed & Dragonshield 2 can't react as I am neither adjacent to him when I shift nor am I moving into a square adjacent to him (I'm shifting).
    Minor Action: Rune of Mending (Rune of Destruction) on Godfrey. Godfrey spends a healing surge and regains 7 hit points. Tokul, Godfrey, Andrei, & Nolar gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of my next turn.
    Action Point - Flames of Purity (Close Blast 3, Rune of Destruction):
    * Dragonshield 1, 1d20+7+2=26, Hit! vs AC. Dragonshield 1 takes 2d6r1+6+2+3=20 fire damage
    and is bloodied.
    * Dragonshield 2, 1d20+7=16, Miss! vs AC.
    -Godfrey gains a +3 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of my next turn.
    Standard Action: Smiting Symbol at Dragonshield 2, 1d20+7=26, Hit! vs AC. Dragonshield 2 takes 2d6r1+6+2=18 damage dies.
    -Tokul gains 3 temporary hit points. He also gains a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of my next turn.
    Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Status:
    Spoiler:

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Andrei is furious.

    First, he completely misses taking the slinger's head off. Then the cowardly runt sets him on fire and hides in the bushes, vanishing like flatulence in the wind. And last, but certainly not least, the most robust-looking of these creatures refuses to stand and fight, backing away from Nolar like a scared child.

    Plus, he is on fire. This will not do.

    He turns his back on wherever the slinger ran off to and walks up behind the shield-carrying runt in two long strides. Without any fanfare or battle cry he simply whips his arm in a broad, smooth sideways arc, catching the dragonshield by surprise and decapitating him. The bloodspray from the mortal wound catches Andrei in the face; surprisingly, he lifts neither arm or shield to deflect it. He then turns back towards the bushes with a hideous red smile as if to invite the coward to just show your head again, please.

    Finally, as if to drive his point home, he brushes out the flames clinging to him almost as an afterthought.

    Start of Turn: Take 2 Ongoing Fire.

    Move: to K6

    Standard: Vengeance Strike vs DS1 AC (18): 1d20+9 19 Hit! 1d10+15 21 damage. He dead.

    Free: Lifeblood; I gain 6 THP.

    End of Turn: Saving Throw: 1d20 10


    Status:
    Spoiler:
    Up Next: [Ezekiel] - On Deck: [Dragonshield 1]

  • AcratiaAcratia Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Zeke pops a cap in the kobold's ass, jogs up between Nolar and Andrei, and eyes up the foliage for sign of the hidden slinger in the foliage. The lantern hangs on his belt and illuminates the area as ever, pointing the crossbow with both hands toward the target area over Nolar's head.

    "You don't mind if I use you for cover, right Nolar? Of course you don't."


    Standard: Cap in the Ass: 1d20+10: 23 [1d20=13]

    Not going to roll the damage, the static is enough to finish the poor blighter off. :P

    Move: Tactical Trick to I6.

    Minor: Look for pesky kobolds: 1d20+8: 27 [1d20=19]


    Status:
    Spoiler:

  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Up Next: [Kobold Slingers] - On Deck: [Godfrey's Goodmen (and woman)]

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The light of Ezekiel's magical lantern illuminates the brush past Nolar, exposing the crawling form of the retreating slinger as it bolts from the bushes on all fours briefly, before it is lost in the night.

    The light helps Andrei scan the brushland south of his position, but the foliage is perfectly still. From beyond the range of the lantern, another garbled shout in Draconic sounds out, unintelligible at this range thanks to the corrupt dialect and distance. It is answered by one from the north, and then silence. No more missiles of pitch or stinking glue are fired. The night is still once more.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Godfrey sheathed his blade with a cautious glance about, stretching his damaged leg even as he did so. Buggering kobolds, going right for the rear synthetofibrous muscular cluster.

    "The vagabonds would seem to have retreated. Tokul, did you learn anything from the curs babbling perchance?"

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tokul shook his head, deftly unwrapping his bowstring before slinging the greatbow over his shoulder once more. "No, no, F-frey. I was asking about Tara."

    He walked towards the damaged warforged, crouching down to take a closer examination. "It's manageable. Let's see what we can do."

    Godfrey's words fell silent on the dragonborn, seemingly ignorant of the question asked.

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Andrei scowls as it becomes apparent that the remaining enemy force has fled for good. His battlelust seems to fade, then, and he soon realizes he's half covered in blood. Pulling a black cloth from his backpack he wipes down his axe first, returning it to it's hangar on his side. Afterwards he wipes the blood from his face, grinning as the voluminous black fabric seems to absorb the fluid entirely.

    He spends another minute wiping the remnants of the flammable sludge from his breastplate before addressing Tokul.

    "You spoke to them, didn't you? What were those creatures? They looked like smaller versions of you."

    Housekeeping: I'll spend a surge to return to full HP.

  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    He cocked his head towards the noble, interested purely by the way his name was spoken. "Kobolds are not the Dragonborn. Not much more to say to Black-Heart."

    He continued to assist Godfrey with repairing the damage to his limbs.

  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    [Draconic]"I really am inclined to let him handle all the rabble next time, whether they look like you or not, Tokul." [/Draconic] Tara commented, with a pointed look and a fake smile at Alexei. Never taking her eyes of Alexei, she continued with her words directed at Tokul: [Draconic]"So why did I attack the column, then, and what did it have to do with these kobolds just now?" [/Draconic]


    FYI, I have Charm of Misplaced Wrath and Sleep prepared for the day.

  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tokul sighed with exasperation with all the questioning. [Draconic] "Tara is quite rude, but perhaps correct with Black-Heart." [/Draconic]

    He shifted his stance, facing towards the young noblewoman as he plopped onto the ground. He crossed his arms, fidgeting slightly as he gave in to her constant pressuring. "Tara hit the wall with her magic. Tara nearly hit the Talon of the Platinum Dragon."

    Tokul reached into a small pouch that hung from his side, retrieving a partial piece of the marble stone that was broken from the magical spell. He nodded at Tara before placing it back into the pouch.

    "Now where were we, F-frey..."

  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Having just sent a pair of the kobolds to their near deaths Nolar quickly looks around when he composes himself to launch another attack only to find that everything that's been left alive has scurried off. "But...they were just 'ere! Tha livy-lined bastards, sons o' snakes! Ain't good right exercise at all ta hop down an' swing yer hammer two times an' call it a day." Nolar's grumblings continue for a fair while, trailing into questions of what the kobolds would do with this kind of 'effort' if they were ever seriously attacked and how his hammer will definitely start showing flakes of rust by the time they reach the mountains, oblivious to the other conversations going on around him.

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Andrei sees Tara smiling at him and returns the gesture with a half-smirk of his own. Then, as if struck by impulse, he picks up the dragonscale shield of the Kobold he slew. It's terribly small, he thinks to himself, but there ARE two of them. Perhaps they'll be of some use. He examines the shield, wondering if it had anything to do with the one runt's ability to bear some of the Dwarf's fire blast.

    Plus, he thinks with wry humor, it's red!

  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "I was inquiring as to the nature of the kobolds banter, my good dragonkin. Did they yelp anything of interest amidst the chaos?" Godfrey repeated the question at Tokuls renewed attention, all the while striding towards his war horse. It was fairly clear that he had no intention of dallying here overmuch.

    "This has been an entertaining diversion but we really should make haste. We have archaeologists and rods to recover!"

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nolar glances around the bodies that didn't retreat into the hills, not really picking through any of their belongings before noting Andrei's interest in the scale, "Careful thar. Don't want ta be burnin' yer precious hands as could still be hot from tha fire. Then again, blasted reptile still stood, a'fore tha lot o' em ran, after bein' pelted with tha holy radiance o' tha All-Father so maybe ya can use it as a hearth after all."

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • AcratiaAcratia Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Ezekiel instinctively rifles through the kobolds' belongings, flipping them over and patting them down whilst checking for pockets and compartments. He remarks upon the ongoing conversation whilst doing so.

    "They were kobolds. Tokul and Tara were mostly arguing about masonry, and Tokul was basically threatening them off. The critters were surprised to find that we weren't just travellers, but that's about it."

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Between the spear-using kobolds are a number of coins hidden in pockets and pouches. All told, Ezekiel liberates thirty-four silver pieces - not a great deal at all. The spears that the unskilled dragonlings were using are very, very primitive, and most likely not worth anything at any self-respecting weaponsmith's. The short-swords carried by the Dragonscale warriors, however, are surprisingly well-balanced, and the serrated edges of the blades would leave especially bad wounds.
    Spoiler:

    Given the short stature of the average kobold, these short-swords are probably equivalent to a Longsword or Bastard sword in their hands.

    The armor on the Dragonscales may also be worth something to a blacksmith, being made of what appear to be small, flexible dragonscales.
    Spoiler:

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tilting his head as he idly wanders around grumbling about the kobolds, Nolar notices the bits of armor still attached to the corpses' forms. While Andrei collects the 'scale' shields, Nolar starts sliding off the bits of dragonscale armor, tossing them into his backpack for safekeeping, "Hmpf. Cannae fault tha quality o' tha material. Could make me a roight set o' armor if'in we find enough o' these yellow lizards where we're headed."

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Godfrey dismounted once more, to do his part in the transport of valuables like a good civic minded individual. It would not do for the soft, squishy humanoids to deal with such things.

    "If all else fails, the value they garner with another shall yield unto us deliciously flexible coin hmmmm?"

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The dwarf glances over to the golden man, staring, "'Fails?' That better nay be a shot at me smithin'!"

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tara purses her lips, standing off to the side. "I agree there is no point in abandoning anything of value here in the wilderness, but we could be a little less gleeful about this. Kobolds are people too," she concludes.

  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Master Nolar I would never dream of impugning your capacity for Forgewrought miracles, I am simply considering the potential value in liquidating this acquisition. Adventuring is a hard to predict field after all!"

    His defense comes quickly, although he fails to disguise the glee with which he relieves the kobolds of valuables.

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • AcratiaAcratia Registered User
    edited June 2011
    "Kobolds aren't people. They're lizards."

    He proceeds to pocket the silver that was gathered, taking one of the two shortswords for himself.

    "And now they're poor lizards."

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Andrei is apparently satisfied with the potential to be found in the Kobold shields. He stores them in one of Erebus' larger saddlebags while listening to the others converse, content for now merely to learn more about his companions. It's only when Tara chastises the others that he laughs, a short exhalation of derision.

    "People? I don't care what they are. They attacked me and they died for it; if others do the same, they'll meet the same fate."

    He lifts one armored boot into the stirrup, launching himself up onto his horse with well-practiced ease.

    "I have only one consideration; recovery of the artifact. If you'd like to spend some time, I don't know, praying over their corpses or something, then feel free. If you feel like doing your job, however, then let's get moving."

  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tara frowns at Ezekiel. "Lizards, not people huh?" She slowly turns her head towards Tokul, pointedly drawing attention to him. Rounding on Ezekiel, she openly wonders,"Do I even want to know what you think about animated constructs of stone then? It must be nice to live in a world where everybody unlike you isn't worthy of any respect." She concludes with a sarcastic tone and an assessing glimpse of Nolar.

  • AcratiaAcratia Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Sheathing the shortsword, Zeke responds whilst walking away from the Mage.

    "Animated constructs aren't people, either."

    Mounting up, he concludes his dissertation.

    "Neither are women."

    Meanwhile, he hides his enormous grin from Tara with a skilful angling of the hat, which no doubt several of the others can see as his horse canters back onto the road.

  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Now now friends, this is hardly the time to be deliberately antagonizing one another, masterfully hidden though our signs of amusement may well be." Godfrey waggled a golden finger as though scolding school children, perhaps not the first time he has done such in the case of Tara and Zeke.

    "And besides we have no time for such! Our just reward for de-banditification in hand, we must tarry no more! Greater curs yet await us with rather macabre looking rod in hand!"

    And with that, he mounted up once more.

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tara violently rolls her eyes at Ezekiel. Sehanine! It's like I'm back at the guild all over again."

Sign In or Register to comment.