As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[futurama] "almost ten deliveries per year!"

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    off to a slow start again it seems

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I enjoyed the episodes. The jokes were clever and the pacing was good. They fit a lot of content into 23 minutes.

emnmnme on
  • killamajigkillamajig Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My only complaint, and it's minor, is that no mention was made of the fact that this wasn't the first time Bender switched Gender.

killamajig on
    "Oh cruel fate...to be thusly boned...ask not for who the bone bones...it bones for thee."
    Killamajig and Scullykel999 on MTGO
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The professor posing topless was horrifying.

Tav on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I could not stop laughing at that, watching those flap in the breeze...

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    The professor posing topless was horrifying.

You just have primitive notions of modesty

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The gender episode was disappointing. It took too long to get to the switch and didn't do much with it. For a fun concept like that I expected better. (I do like the opening, particularly the "It's in all our contracts!")

The Bender episode was better. Not top of their form, but at least even with the better half of last season.

Tomanta on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Second one was much better. I was a bit disappointed in the first.

In the Bender episode, I just about died at
    Bender and his two clones riding the three person bike. It zooms on Bender being lazy, not pedaling. Then to his clone being lazy, not pedaling. Then his last clone, again not pedaling. And then they all just kind of fall over when they realize nobody is pedaling.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Gender episode had the line where Bender declares Macs to the be the greatest, so all is forgiven.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i have no opinion about that

Dehumanized on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to see Scruffy remain as a female in the future.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I loved how the gender episode just gave up explaining anything by the end - it was like The Scary Door.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited June 2011
    original.jpg

Maybe I should spoil that... Professor's calendar shoot...

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well maybe you should!

At the least it will save us using the eyebleach again.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited June 2011
    I get the crazy giggles every time I look at that. I couldn't stop laughing last night when it first appeared on my tv screen.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I liked both episodes a lot. They did take too much time getting to the gender swap thing in the first but I still laughed quite a few times, sometimes the well-trodden grounds hit the spot.

I think a lot of it has to do with the Futurama aesthetic puts me in the laughing mood.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    DHS wrote: »
    I liked both episodes a lot. They did take too much time getting to the gender swap thing in the first but I still laughed quite a few times, sometimes the well-trodden grounds hit the spot.

I think a lot of it has to do with the Futurama aesthetic puts me in the laughing mood.

I kind of feel like the first act of the first episode was put in to build good will with female viewers before the joke about how much easier women have it.

Bagginses on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

You cruel goose! He'll be forced to sit down to use the terlet.

emnmnme on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Scruffy 'aint needin' magazines no more..." ;-)

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I quite liked when one Bender consumed a crayon and out popped two orange Benders. They probably could have done a few more variants on that, but then it would have just been insanity.

Not that it wasn't already insanity.

Gim on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Now when I say stupid things, people buy me stuff!"

I laughed way too hard.

Houn on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Mmmmm... it's like a fine Cognac, with a hint of aged scrotum." :lol:

Both episodes were great IMO. I wonder if we'll see the BenderGoo again? Could end up devouring whole stars, Mantrid-drone style.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DHS wrote: »

I feel the same. While the jokes maybe weren't always original they were definitely within "Futurama" which made it all a bunch more funnier.

Julius on
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    original.jpg

If you listen closely you can actually hear his boobs flapping... it's fucking disgusting... it's sounds like water balloons full of applesauce slapping together.

Awesome awesome awesome episode though. Way to start off the second part of the season with a bang.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think the most hilarious part with Scruffy was not only was he turned into a woman but also was the only one who managed to get a physique that was in no way analogous to his original sex

It was like they dropped his head on the body of that doctor whose name I forget.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Wishpig wrote: »
    original.jpg

If you listen closely you can actually hear his boobs flapping... it's fucking disgusting... it's sounds like water balloons full of applesauce slapping together.

Awesome awesome awesome episode though. Way to start off the second part of the season with a bang.

I think I know what my avatar's going to be.

Bagginses on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "It's a good thing all our fans are huge perverts!" Can't say Futurama doesn't know its audience.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I dunno. The first episode was so bad (to me!) that I stopped watching the second one halfway in.

Ethan Smith on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lanz wrote: »
    I think the most hilarious part with Scruffy was not only was he turned into a woman but also was the only one who managed to get a physique that was in no way analogous to his original sex

It was like they dropped his head on the body of that doctor whose name I forget.

Dr. Goodansexy?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Both episodes were great IMO. I wonder if we'll see the BenderGoo again? Could end up devouring whole stars, Mantrid-drone style.

Pretty sure that'd be way too much effort.

see317 on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zilla360 wrote: »

I wish there was a lexx thread.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »

Dr. Goodansexy?

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The first episode was a little rough in my opinion, but not unenjoyable. The second episode was good and much more Futurama in my mind. I did think the first one was a little too sitcomy with the gender humor, but it was more interesting once they changed genders.

Magell on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Someone else might have pointed it out, but I wonder if the order might have worked slightly better reversed.

So the Bender Goo allusion might have worked...
    When Bender got melted.

Though I guess it would have rendered "I learned it from a movie" pointless.

Synthesis on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just assumed that the rock alien fixed him and he threw that line in there because he's Bender

override367 on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    True, that does sound like something he'd say even if he had absolutely no part in it.

Synthesis on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Like the Kardashians!"

hahah

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    "Like the Kardashians!"

hahah

Am I the only one who misses the "head" jokes?

Like, that should have been "Like the Kardasian Heads!"

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    well Fry has to know about the Kardashians to make that joke

and since they weren't famous before he got frozen, I think we can assume that their heads are famous in 3011

or something

Joolander on
  • saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Joolander wrote: »
    well Fry has to know about the Kardashians to make that joke

and since they weren't famous before he got frozen, I think we can assume that their heads are famous in 3011

or something

:v:

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893