As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SC2: GO READ THE NEW THREAD!!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    u mad bro?
    It's kind of over now, anyways =P

you usually just have to go here, and folks are usually watching the one with the highest viewer count

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's what I thought.

On another note, I hope there are new attack sounds for Zealots and Hydralisks in HoTS.

McAllen on
  • Options
    Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    streaming on the wood league now with enigma./mmig in mumble

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There is a TL attack in 30 minutes with HuK.

I shall labour on the EU realm and attempt to get in on that.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MMMig wrote: »

Did you notice you had a drone following another one of your drones mmmig during the start of the game?

Ethea on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Todays TL attack is probably the best one yet. Got HuK being really bad at SCBW forgetting observers when haypro gets lurkers.

And when TLO points out he should expand he replies with "does supreme commander even have bases".

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Following yesterdays awesome BW game I give you todays watching

Bisu vs Roro on Circuit Breaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZnu3OB8NAg

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ethea wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »

Did you notice you had a drone following another one of your drones mmmig during the start of the game?

That was the "moral support" drone. He's there to sing the mining song and beat the drums, in aid of his fellow drone.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Damn 4 gate. }:(

chuckleberryfinn on
    No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, I took a 2 week break from this game and I've come back...and fuck does it annoy the shit out of me. Lost 7 in a row today, though it only really started getting aggravating after my 5th loss.

I know it's just because I'm out of practice, but this game feels dumb right now.

Guek on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    just had a very strange game. I kill of a nexus after toss 3 gate expos (delta quadrant so it was wide open, hje didn't break the rocks)

then the toss gets dts and does a lot of damage to me. I try to attack as soon as I can and he barely has enough units (already strange, he should have been quite ahead)

and then eventually I win

I watched the replay. after I attacked and he used dts he goes to 6 gates on two fully mining bases, huge worker lead.

he then uses these 6 gates a total of 3 times over about 8 gameplay minutes. he had actions going on so he wasn't away, he researched speed but he never got any non gateway tech, got no other templar (made no more dark templar even) and just let me roll over him

very very strange.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Following yesterdays awesome BW game I give you todays watching

Bisu vs Roro on Circuit Breaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZnu3OB8NAg

I like how the protoss player looks sleepy while the zerg player looks like a coke fiend.

Truly, BW and SC2 are not such different games.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    bw zerg was seriously the craziest hard thing ever

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just started playing multiplayer recently despite getting the game a year ago. I go in expecting to get my ass handed to me and I get what I expect. Totally fine with this. I think I'm getting better.

I have a question about managing resources. What are the main hotkeys you all use when skirting back and forth between production buildings and armies. Currently I bind my armies and buildings to control groups and manage them from there. Do you all do it differently? Point and click, spacebar, etc.?

Trynant on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Guek wrote: »
    Man, I took a 2 week break from this game and I've come back...and fuck does it annoy the shit out of me. Lost 7 in a row today, though it only really started getting aggravating after my 5th loss.

I know it's just because I'm out of practice, but this game feels dumb right now.

Losing to stupid tactics or just losing?

chuckleberryfinn on
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    thats why i love bisu's mechanics he's so suave in his play but still sweating balls by the end

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    where can I find homestory cup vods

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Trynant wrote: »
    I just started playing multiplayer recently despite getting the game a year ago. I go in expecting to get my ass handed to me and I get what I expect. Totally fine with this. I think I'm getting better.

I have a question about managing resources. What are the main hotkeys you all use when skirting back and forth between production buildings and armies. Currently I bind my armies and buildings to control groups and manage them from there. Do you all do it differently? Point and click, spacebar, etc.?
    As Protoss I have the benefit of being able to quickly access my main production facilities (Gateways) with the "W" key by default, but I realize that not all races are as awesome as the Brotoss

For my Nexus, however, I put that shit in a control group, as with stuff like the Robotics Facility. All the Terrans I've seen do the same with their Barracks and stuff, usually they have one key for their CCs like I do

and i have no fucking idea how zerg even works, they use their hatcheries for everything, I guess?

Hitting the backspace key will cycle through your bases, though, so it's worth keeping in mind. In case you didn't know.

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Trynant wrote: »

this depends a lot on what race you are playing, there are pretty huge differences in how they organize their hotkeys.

As a protoss I keep 1-3 for army, 4 nexuses, 5/6 robo and possibly templar if I have a templar+sentries in my army.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I use main army 1, micro intensive units 2, harassing strike force 3, queens 4, hatches 5, 7+ for overseers and miscellaneous.

kedinik on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    5 nexus
    4 special production facilities (robo, stargate)
    1 army

When I try to not be a complete scrub

5 nexus
    4 special production
    3 obs/casters
    2 other units
    1 zealots

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

just losing in general. I'm so frustrated with toss's lack of mobility compared to the other two races. combined with the fact that most toss units are dogshit terrible if they don't have some kind of support, it feels all to easy to exploit

Guek on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Lemming wrote: »
    5 nexus
    1 army

5 nexus
    4 special production
    3 obs/casters
    2 other units
    1 zealots

heh, most protoss I beat tell me I'm a noob for army 1a.
    Do you get your hts in late game against Terrans?

I always use ghost/viking against toss mid to late, don't know why more protoss don't tech straight to HTs.

chuckleberryfinn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

just losing in general. I'm so frustrated with toss's lack of mobility compared to the other two races. combined with the fact that most toss units are dogshit terrible if they don't have some kind of support, it feels all to easy to exploit

I'm only a gold player, but the early 4 gate is damn strong against terran. I don't see how wg is bad mobility. (never played protoss)

chuckleberryfinn on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lemming wrote: »
    5 nexus
    1 army

5 nexus
    4 special production
    3 obs/casters
    2 other units
    1 zealots

heh, most protoss I beat tell me I'm a noob for army 1a.
    Do you get your hts in late game against Terrans?

I always use ghost/viking against toss mid to late, don't know why more protoss don't tech straight to HTs.

Because they don't like auto-losing.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I'm only a gold player, but the early 4 gate is damn strong against terran. I don't see how wg is bad mobility. (never played protoss)

I don't ever 4gate. WG can help, but only barely. If there's a drop or mutas or whatever, you HAVE to lug at least part of your army to defend. Warp ins aren't instant, and you can't warp in nearby to defend because those units will get chewed up in the process.

Guek on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    4gate is incredibly bad against Terran.

There are a number of things they can do that are a blind win for them even if they don't scout you. a 2rax FE will usuallly hold a 4gate without trying.

Zerg and Protoss don't have this, nearly every build will lose to a 4gate if it doesn't have the appropriate signs scouted and countered.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Warping in a handful of units in certain locations is completely differeny from army mobility.

Also: Fuck Broodlords.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    4-gate pretty much auto-loses to terrans who do not open especially greedy, yeah?

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    kedinik wrote: »
    4-gate pretty much auto-loses to terrans who do not open especially greedy, yeah?

p. much yeah

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    What were the HSC results? I saw the winner, but what about top 8?

Also dhal did that coaching session right? I just got back from camping.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    where can I find homestory cup vods

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I believe they are supposed to be on the ESL site sometime tomorrow.

Enigma435 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Who all is in the Geforce Pro/Am in PA? I got a walkover and then was crushed by a masters Protoss. Post good reps if you've got em! Here's the replay of my second game if anyone wants to take a look or critique. My first game was just embarrassing so I'm not going to post that :wink:.

repimg-33-217621.jpg

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm in it. Played someone who has 0 games of 1v1 in the first round. Nice guy, but he didn't really have much of a plan. Second round was a walk-over. Guy didn't show, even though we set things up earlier in the week. :(

I face a Masters Protoss next week, and then 4 straight Diamond Zergs to finish the first group. Should be fun, though I think only 4 of my group's 8 people are actually playing. :?

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I got 2-0'd by a terran today.

Keamien I'm still terrible at ZvT!

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Evangir wrote: »
    I'm in it. Played someone who has 0 games of 1v1 in the first round. Nice guy, but he didn't really have much of a plan. Second round was a walk-over. Guy didn't show, even though we set things up earlier in the week. :(

I face a Masters Protoss next week, and then 4 straight Diamond Zergs to finish the first group. Should be fun, though I think only 4 of my group's 8 people are actually playing. :?

if you're able to sign on during my play hours i will practise with you as much as you like for this as I am not playing it myself

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Evangir wrote: »

if you're able to sign on during my play hours i will practise with you as much as you like for this as I am not playing it myself

This, just shoot me a pm if you want to tvz.

You guys made 17 pages in the 27 hours I didn't check the forums, I got through 10 of them wondering where Dhal was because he changed his sig and avatar :(

Balance rant!
    Rainbow was AWFUL at tvz. He didn't play a single Zerg till the finals. MKP tried to cheese in three of the games of the bo7 (and his micro in g7 was terrible). Inca is awful at pvz. Inca and Rainbow got to the finals off of their stronger matchups and then had to fight Nestea/FD in his prime. All the players who were better at vz got knocked out because there were no fucking zergs to fight. You don't just know how to counter 4 gate and 2 rax and do it. Even going pool hatch, bunker rushes are really hard to stop at every level. It's not a greed thing, it's just really fucking hard. Or maybe all pro zergs are just really fucking bad. Countering a 4 gate requires you to cut drones at a point where if you survive YOU'RE BEHIND ON WORKERS. It's hard fucking shit, it's not just "pull drones and kill the scv and you win lololol". Also, blink stalkers haunt my dreams

TannerMS on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yeah I removed my sig and changed it to avatar size with no points display

also removed myself from the PA Sc2ranks ranking.
    Its the only way to stop myself caring about my losses and to focus on improving.

Also Tanner, would you mind having a look at this replay for me? its relevant to what we worked on in the coaching session with iNkA.

repimg-33-217497.jpg

Dhalphir on