As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Killing me won't bring her back. TOINK (Plus! Bitcoins!)

• undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it actually gets harder as time goes on, which is why people keep making successively larger amounts of computer farms to try and get them

but the fact that there is a limited amount makes it by nature deflationary and because of the mining thing early adopters are naturally rich

it's literally the worst system for a stable currency and it's being held up by libertarians and nerds

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As a gay bitcoin user,

Clint Eastwood on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it actually gets harder as time goes on, which is why people keep making successively larger amounts of computer farms to try and get them

but the fact that there is a limited amount makes it by nature deflationary and because of the mining thing early adopters are naturally rich

it's literally the worst system for a stable currency and it's being held up by libertarians and nerds

Wow.

That is even dumber.

I am amazed.

chiasaur11 on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    libertarians and nerds are the same thing, though.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I've learned a whole lot about bitcoins.

Not so much on Nerf.

But the stuff I've learned on bitcoins was... not great...

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    whats the bitcoin-rapedollar exchange rate these days?

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like Nerf.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like Nerf.

We all do, Squirrel.

But now we need to know if we can use nerf darts as a form of currency.

And what the exchange rate is for bottlecaps. Mark my words. Bottlecaps are the future.

chiasaur11 on
  • FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    there is something incredibly cathartic to watch rich white people get owned by a free market for once

Are you seriously that dumb? We just had a recession that owned rich investments (which have nothing to do with race). Last time I checked, poor people didn't do too much heavy investing. Also there are some poor people who are white. I don't know if you realized this.

You are totally the worst troll.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    doesn't help that the name of the currency sounds like a bad chiptunes album

or any chiptunes album, really

Orikaeshigitae on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    guys I hope you realize that I'm already a bitcoins millionaire

Brolo on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Only 10%? Those poor, poor rich folk.

I made $10 one day and increased my wealth by 2000%.

Marshmallow on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah fandeath the upper class has pretty much solely profited from all the shittiness of the past couple years. Corporate profits are up because they can cut pay and benefits + increase hours without people leaving for other jobs because there are no other jobs. The banks got bailouts and went on to have record profits with no problem. Rich dudes are doing a-okay and everyone else got screwed.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not to mention the new healthcare law making buying insurance mandatory, effectively giving the insurance companies millions of new customers and no incentive to lower their prices

Boy

Rich guys sure got it easy these days

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fandeathis wrote: »

Then why do you reply to her whyyyyyyy

Gaslight on
    edited June 2011
    I think my point got a little lost. Yes, everyone suffered from the recession. The rich did suffer the least. But in terms of "rich white people" getting owned, nothing owned them harder than this recession did (bar the great depression). There is no way bitcoins lost rich people more money than the recession, as was Koshian's original argument.

Fandeathis on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So how about that Nerf?...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »

Same reason I always replied to teefs. Call people out on being a troll enough times, other people start to see the pattern, and they eventually get banned for being awful. Not that I would claim any responsibility in the banning of teefs. I just like to point out when someone is clearly trying to make SE++ a worse place for everyone.

Fandeathis on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And here we go...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Not to mention the new healthcare law making buying insurance mandatory, effectively giving the insurance companies millions of new customers and no incentive to lower their prices

Boy

it's an obamanation

Brolo on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    stoppppppppppppp

stoppppppppppppppppppp

Raneados on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hey rane

long time no see

Antimatter on
    edited June 2011
    you're kidding right

the upper 1% made out like fucking bandits

So the rich are just the upper 1% now? Aren't those the extremely wealthy and powerful? I thought anyone who made over $200K a year was considered rich in America. Certainly you wouldn't call that "Middle Class," would you?

Fandeathis on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rolo wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

Boy

it's an obamanation

you barack believe it

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think my point got a little lost. Yes, everyone suffered from the recession. The rich did suffer the least. But in terms of "rich white people" getting owned, nothing owned them harder than this recession did (bar the great depression). There is no way bitcoins lost rich people more money than the recession, as was Koshian's original argument.

Except everybody else is saying that said rich white people actually made a ton of money and did not lose it?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    hey rane

long time no see

promises made while drunk are the only promises you have to keep

by law

Raneados on
    edited June 2011
    So, how about those Nerf guns, right?

They are good for shooting people!

chiasaur11 on
    edited June 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »

Modding em is fun, now and then.
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd.jpg

Marshmallow on
    edited June 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »

How about them indeed!

All of the talking up the Longshot gets makes me really want one, but I can't remember seeing any in stores at least as far back as when I worked at Toys R Us over the holidays. And they are a hundred bucks on Amazon. :(

This despite the official Nerf website still happily acting as if all iterations of it are still in production and should be available anywhere...

Gaslight on
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why the

who would do such a thing. Turn a Longshot into a pistol maybe.

But just putting longshot parts on a Maverick? That's a goddamn travesty.

MechMantis on
  • FarthingFarthing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    this can be saved

nerf-guns-8-470-0409.jpg

should I get this gun y/n?

edit: wooaaa thread goes quick and improved dramatically

Farthing on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »

Same reason I always replied to teefs. Call people out on being a troll enough times, other people start to see the pattern, and they eventually get banned for being awful. Not that I would claim any responsibility in the banning of teefs. I just like to point out when someone is clearly trying to make SE++ a worse place for everyone.

I think we both know who the troll is here :?

George Fornby Grill on
    edited June 2011
    I lost my longshot a while ago.

Everybody stopped doing fun nerf things once we all moved out of the dorms though. It was just too much of a hassle to try to keep anything going.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited June 2011
    Farthing wrote: »
    this can be saved

nerf-guns-8-470-0409.jpg

Nah, the maverick is cheap and popular but it is really prone to jamming.

You would be better off getting a nitefinder or a recon.

Artreus on
    edited June 2011
    this can be saved

nerf-guns-8-470-0409.jpg

edit: wooaaa thread goes quick and improved dramatically

Oh yes.

You need one. It's part of being human.

chiasaur11 on
    edited June 2011
    I haven't had a good nerf fight in years

my old roommate and I had several good diving-sideways-and-dropping-to-knees-and-cursing-an-unforgiving-god-type nerf fights with mavericks

he has a very good video on his phone of me advancing steadily toward him, firing like the devil and wearing an expression of absolute grim death

in that fight he had killed my daughter

the dastard

Raneados on
    edited June 2011
    this can be saved

nerf-guns-8-470-0409.jpg

Yes, the Maverick is one of the best bread-and-butter nerf guns there is. Looks cool (even cooler with custom paint), easy to mod from what I hear (though I haven't tried it yet myself), shoots well for its size, easy to operate.

And if you can actually get one of the old blue ones like in that pic then bonus, I like that color scheme better than the current yellow.

Gaslight on
    edited June 2011
    you're kidding right

the upper 1% made out like fucking bandits

So the rich are just the upper 1% now? Aren't those the extremely wealthy and powerful? I thought anyone who made over $200K a year was considered rich in America. Certainly you wouldn't call that "Middle Class," would you?

look the unemployment numbers don't fucking lie here (for a fun time, look at the other metrics outside of the U3, especially U4 and U5)

the rich are did well and are doing well, and everybody else has been fucked to death

Look, I'm not going to derail the thread any further. All I know is that many people who made over $200K a year got totally screwed, especially those that invested most of their money in stocks and bonds. I understand your point, but the top 1% making out like bandits does not mean all rich people made out like bandits by any means. That's all I have to say.

Fandeathis on
    edited June 2011
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Why the

who would do such a thing. Turn a Longshot into a pistol maybe.

But just putting longshot parts on a Maverick? That's a goddamn travesty.

I had turned my Longshot into a carbine so I had some extra parts laying around and my glue gun was already heated up sooooooo.

Marshmallow on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fandyien wrote: »
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, so is Bitcoins essentially MMORPG gold?

No. It's a new alternative currency that can't be traced and cannot be broken down into smaller increments. There is no equivalent to the cent in Bitcoins.

And I think one Bitcoin is like 30 bucks right now.

Also Bitcoins are made by crunching some algorithm or something. It just sounds idiotic.

lol no

bitcoin-market-value.jpg
    Fandyien wrote: »
    can i use bitcoins to buy heroin

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/06/silkroad/

holy shit you can

too bad regular money works for that too

There was a report about this on npr. They went to a cop who had access to the site and tracked sellers and buyers. Basically they just said lol this is so easy to track, nerds are fucking retarded. Now we know everything about them and they digitally signed that they were purchasing and selling drugs

Lol

Lol

Langly on