As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Iron Brigade] - Fire Sale on Tube TVs

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't know if it's been posted before, but fill out this minor form to get an orange camo custom paint job.

http://trenchedgame.com/enlist.html

I just tried the demo on my US account... Why isn't it out in Europe again?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been posted before, but fill out this minor form to get an orange camo custom paint job.

http://trenchedgame.com/enlist.html

I just tried the demo on my US account... Why isn't it out in Europe again?

They can't say why.

SteevL on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Apparently some sort of stupid red tape/TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES is blocking the EU.

Maybe The EU/UK is pissed that there's drinking and smoking in this game.

This is the EU we are talking about, it's going to be something utterly retarded that they are going to bitch about.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Apparently some sort of stupid red tape/TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES is blocking the EU.

Maybe The EU/UK is pissed that there's drinking and smoking in this game.

This is the EU we are talking about, it's going to be something utterly retarded that they are going to bitch about.

Huh, I thought Australia were the ones that did that, but I guess having Germany and their anti-violence gaming stance isn't helping EU.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I aspire to play this coop once my houseguests leave (who are staying in the basement where the XBox is :( ). Feel free to add me: MobiusBacon

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok getting gold on the first boss by yourself is a serious pain in the ass.

Am I doing something wrong by selecting sniper rifle as my secondary weapon? I'm using the pancake- best sniper and a machine gun.

Assault chassis + Fortify/Quickload Legs + Best Machine Guns available let me get that one pretty easy. Ignore the trash Monos, just plant yourself directly in front of the boss and lay into him.I

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's such an awesome feeling when you have a level locked down so well that none of the enemies really have a chance at getting to their target. My brother and I did that with the one Africa mission where you start by defending the ship and then move across the map to defend the artillery gun. I used an engineering mech and he went with assault. Placing shock mines in the very center of the map is pretty cost effective!

SteevL on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just bought this game and would love some people to play with.

Blaze Zero XX is my tag. Help me stave off these horrid tubes!

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Am I doing something wrong by selecting sniper rifle as my secondary weapon? I'm using the pancake- best sniper and a machine gun.

Assault chassis + Fortify/Quickload Legs + Best Machine Guns available let me get that one pretty easy. Ignore the trash Monos, just plant yourself directly in front of the boss and lay into him.I

I'm still about seven seconds short, doing it like this. I guess I need to get my guy planted before the cutscene to shave off some time. Or do some africa missions to get better machine guns.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    How the hell do I start a mission in multi? I chose a mission and tried to go to ready, but the little checkmark wouldn't appear next to my name.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anybody want to help my friend and I get gold on the last couple missions? Add me: Sleeping Lesson

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ya I need gold on the last 3 missions.

I'll add you in the evening tomorrow.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I'm still about seven seconds short, doing it like this. I guess I need to get my guy planted before the cutscene to shave off some time. Or do some africa missions to get better machine guns.

I did double artillery rounds and planted myself and tore into that beast. It finally worked. Took too many times to shave the cutscenes down.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I did double artillery rounds and planted myself and tore into that beast. It finally worked. Took too many times to shave the cutscenes down.

yeah the 6 slot chassis was definitely key. I got the level 8 machine gun and all the other slots full and that was just enough to shave off a few seconds.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What's Vlad's weak points?

What's vlad's weak points?

I'm doing damage to him but have no idea how

Jintor on
  • Options
    HtR-LaserHtR-Laser Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    First stage:
    See the shielded areas? The shield goes down when he shoots the orange electrical attack. Attack when they're orange.

Second stage:
    Shoot the bulbous, bubbly bits when they turn red and drop down.

HtR-Laser on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's like most unimaginative video game boss fights... shoot the glowy orange spots.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Last night I soloed Vlad and got gold. That felt good.

SteevL on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    After switching to the free Double Fine Camo, I noticed emplacements match your paint job. Nice touch.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Woo, finished! I really liked the credits sequence. Now waiting on an Endless Mode!

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I just downloaded a patch for the game.

SteevL on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Step 1. Release pc version
    Step 2. Get my money

:(

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd buy it again if it showed up on Steam

Jintor on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, this game is a lot more fun with other people; I've been disconnected a couple of time, but by and large matchmaking has been pretty good.

My only real complaint is that once you get a couple of people with good trenches and powerful weapons, most levels are a breeze. I was playing with scorpex last night and he remarked that some of the waves in Oasis are more challenging that the stuff you encounter halfway through the Pacific - more/tougher waves would make things more exciting, I think.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'd really like it if the waves scaled depending on what gear you have equipped. They should throw more stuff at you when you're going Pancakes akimbo than when you're rocking 6 makeshift machine guns. Better emplacements would be good as well, like someone else said. What would also be awesome is mobile emplacements, call them mobile pillboxes or something. Put one of your guns on it and have it follow you around killing stuff with you.

BTW, my gamertag is TwoQuestions, if you would add it to the OP.

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If people want to get a group together to get gold on the last few missions, count me in. I'll be on today after work around 5pm EST.

Loathing on
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Title update maybe fixed the regiment screen? Something was different there, anyway.

Fingers crossed they've magically fixed matchmaking, but there doesn't seem to be much to the patch.

Gutterkisser on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    One thing to keep in mind with the various weapons when trying for the challenges: they don't always match weapon type with what it earns for challenges. For example, the Gungnir is listed under sniper guns but is treated as artillery. The Rosie is under shotguns but is treated as grenades, etc.

Also, what level are people getting the Razor of the Gods? I have one and don't remember where I got it.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Still nothing in Europe.

Downloading US demo...

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I do think the levels need to scale, it would be nice if it were in a clearly defined manner, too. Based on Chassis/weapon/emplacement level. If it tied into some sort of more granular scoring system so I could compare my E-Peen, all the better.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Trenched feels incomplete imho. Like it should of been much longer. 10 ranks? boring.

I will say those jacob's are annoying as hell.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    SmallCaveGamesSmallCaveGames Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The lag does seem to be getting worse. It was basically non-playable last night.

I agree that once you cap at 10 (which can be done well before the last levels with a little grinding), it gets really easy.

SmallCaveGames on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Indeed, the some of those high level weapons make even the toughest maps easy.

I still haven't managed to get gold on Volcano, though. I blame the pubbies I have been grouping with, and those damn Jacobs. I may just solo it so I can have more scrap to turret everything up.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They should have rationed out the weapon unlocks more conservatively. And made ranks take more XP to reach, or add more ranks, or both. Ah well.

Gutterkisser on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    They are going to have trouble adding harder maps that can accomodate weapons like Mr. Pancakes, without making them damn near impossible to beat without using those crazy weapons.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    zerocountzerocount Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Do we have any announcements regarding DLC?

I hate to be asking already, but my voracious 'mech appetite (that has gone so unsatisfied for so long) resulted in my tearing this game a new one in two quick playthroughs...

Moar please.

zerocount on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have the solution.

Threat!

Basically, it would allow you to retrofit in some reason to have multiples of crappy low-level stuff. What you do, basically, is have a big old threat modifier affected by number of Trenches, level of Trenches being used, and weapons being used. A high threat modifier means a nearly impossible wave of enemies, a low one means a normal wave. You could even play with having a separate score system from the medals in order to encourage finding a good balance of threat vs. reward.

That way, for instance, you could choose to go into battle with a single person in a super-heavy ultra-weapon Trench and three people in tiny Engineers, or multiple Standard mid-level chassis or whatnot and actually have a reason to believe it would affect your ability to complete the level.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OK so the demo is awesome.

Now I'm hungry for mechs.

Fuck you guys for having the full game, bastards.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Right now I see pretty much everyone rocking Karlsson Mark IVs, with about half of em (me included) using the Bling camo.

Then we go to pick a map and it's usually either Sinkhole, which is really easy because I can just sit at the bomb and have a clear line of sight to all four spawn points with my sniper cannons, or it's Volcano and people screw up getting Gold by doing dumb things.

More variety would definitely be welcome.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    One mission a day. That is my mantra. Of course I have to play until I have the gold.

joshgotro on