As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Iron Brigade] - Fire Sale on Tube TVs

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    One mission a day. That is my mantra. Of course I have to play until I have the gold.

My mantra was "fuck the story, do random missions with people." I savored the game just as slowly.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, just met some random person online and we did Volcano three times in a row getting 90%+ each time.

I think we got it down rather good now.

Loathing on
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    a buddy is coming over for some co-op so i decided to download this. then I found out there's no local co-op. how dare they!

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone want to play in a bit?

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KingMoo wrote: »
    a buddy is coming over for some co-op so i decided to download this. then I found out there's no local co-op. how dare they!
    Truly, the saddest casualty of this generation is lots of local co-op.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really hope the overwhelming response gets Double fine to go back and make a fully blown trenched game with multiple modes, difficulties, ranks. Kudos for them for nailing this game, I just hope they can go back and build upon it.

Chronocide on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Heh. Take that, Insane Clown Posse...

"Advanced ICP: Suck just as much as the original ICP"

Cantido on
  • Options
    hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KingMoo wrote: »
    Truly, the saddest casualty of this generation is lots of local co-op.

This is too true.

hamdingers on
  • Options
    Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe someone already mentioned this, but I love that all the hats give different salutes. hehe chemical mask...

I've been having some trouble with volcano, anyone wanna co op it? gt is brautigan219

edit: nevermind! Haha, went with the selker mkIII on volcano and actually beat it. There were turrets errrrrrywhere. Still up for co op if anyones interested

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
  • Options
    ThibisThibis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game is a blast and worth every penny. The only two complaints I have are the choppiness and I want more. More damnit!

For good times engineering, I run around in the Honeychurch III rocking the shock/magnet grenade lancher. The grenade launcher is amzing. The stun lasts several seconds, it tracks and it's good versus ground and air. Grenades are medium range at best though, so you have to get pretty aggressive and/or attack from above.

Sniper turrets ruin tubes even at level one, and there are some fun places to tuck them away. Two or three in decent spots usually puts you at the top of the board for emplacement kills.

Honeychurch Mk III
    Hot Pants
    GL-IV "Sassy Basket"
    Sniper Turret/Machine Gun/Dampener/Collector

Thibis on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Need more! Mooooooooooooore!

Don't think of it being incomplete, think of it as being a downloadable title scouting for acceptance

Jintor on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've only got two more levels to get gold in, and then I'll be hungering for some DLC.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So have we confirmed random rare drops yet?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    KwornKworn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When the fuck is this comming out in the EU

What is up with that anyway??

Kworn on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kworn wrote: »
    When the fuck is this comming out in the EU

What is up with that anyway??
    No one knows. Tim Schafer is currently attributing the delay to a mummy curse.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So have we confirmed random rare drops yet?

I don't know about confirmed but I sure as hell seem to be getting random stuff as I progress further through the story. Two Razors of the Gods on back to back levels? Also co-op teammates getting weapons I don't have yet.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I managed to get gold on the Village level this morning in solo play. All that's left is the Volcano level. I love using the engineering chassis, but they're not always viable.

SteevL on
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SteevL wrote: »
    I managed to get gold on the Village level this morning in solo play. All that's left is the Volcano level. I love using the engineering chassis, but they're not always viable.

My hint for getting gold on Volcano solo...
    Sniper Turrets
    Kill Jacobs
    SNIPER TURRETS
    Add Dampeners in hidden locations
    MOOOOORE SNIPER TURRETS

On another note, Sniper Turrets seem to be the only turrets that benefits more from dropping a bunch of Level 1s than upgrading. Once you get 5+ online, the map is basically won (outside of those damn Jacobs).

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    gastr0cnemesisgastr0cnemesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nayl219 wrote: »
    Maybe someone already mentioned this, but I love that all the hats give different salutes. hehe chemical mask...

I've been having some trouble with volcano, anyone wanna co op it? gt is brautigan219

edit: nevermind! Haha, went with the selker mkIII on volcano and actually beat it. There were turrets errrrrrywhere. Still up for co op if anyones interested

I use the headset that gives you the sign of the horns. Cracks me up every time. Loving this game and hope they put some DLC out soon.

gastr0cnemesis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I use the top hat. It gives the reverse Victory hand gesture. I think it means F off for the Brits. Tux and sold gold mech to complete the set.

jefe414 on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Sniper Turrets
    Kill Jacobs
    SNIPER TURRETS
    MOOOOORE SNIPER TURRETS

On another note, Sniper Turrets seem to be the only turrets that benefits more from dropping a bunch of Level 1s than upgrading. Once you get 5+ online, the map is basically won (outside of those damn Jacobs).

Sniper Turrets aren't going to do jack against the swarms of Aerials that spawn, though.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Load up on razors of the gods? Dunno. Not at that level yet.

jefe414 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Sniper Turrets
    Kill Jacobs
    SNIPER TURRETS
    MOOOOORE SNIPER TURRETS

Sniper Turrets aren't going to do jack against the swarms of Aerials that spawn, though.

They're too slow to deal with such a zerg rush but I never get tired of seeing my sniper turrets score those first air kills.

Cantido on
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Get enough sniper turrets and you'll still be fine. Run a Selker with two Scythes and help out against the air mobs.

Loathing on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I wish there was a turret that actively targetted shield drones... or some way of assigning priority, say by marking a target...

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Jintor wrote: »
    I wish there was a turret that actively targetted shield drones... or some way of assigning priority, say by marking a target...

That kind of micromanaging seems excessive, and doesn't even exist in games like Defense Grid. I like the idea of a bad guy that makes players charge into them like animals, away from the base.

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd actually like to see a second shield drone - one that flies and protects swarms of Aerials.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cantido wrote: »

Sniper Turrets
    Kill Jacobs
    SNIPER TURRETS
    MOOOOORE SNIPER TURRETS

They're too slow to deal with such a zerg rush but I never get tired of seeing my sniper turrets score those first air kills.

Orange'd for incorrectness.

A single sniper turret won't stop an aerial wave, but that's why you put down a shitload of them. I don't even bother with flak turrets on Volcano (solo) anymore, because the snipers murder air if placed well. A couple monos might make it close enough to get a shot off, but then they get popped before any real damage is done.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd actually like to see a second shield drone - one that flies and protects swarms of Aerials.

Oh god, no! Don't even think it!

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I would like to see every unit from defense grid get the Double Fine treatment.

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cantido wrote: »

That kind of micromanaging seems excessive, and doesn't even exist in games like Defense Grid. I like the idea of a bad guy that makes players charge into them like animals, away from the base.

Well, it's more of a hassle in singleplayer when they attack from multiple directions and you basically have to rush from point to point and let your turrets deal with the rest

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I meant what I said.

And you know what else? I think there should be additional aerial types that attack emplacements and Trenches, too. Whaddya think about that? *chews cigar*

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I meant what I said.

And you know what else? I think there should be additional aerial types that attack emplacements and Trenches, too. Whaddya think about that? *chews cigar*

Sounds like you have a bright future ahead of you as a Tube engineer! I look forward to absolutely shredding all of your ideas in a hail of well timed airburst grenades.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The best thing about loot in Trenched is that it significantly changes your playstyle... on your own, anyway

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Loathing wrote: »
    Get enough sniper turrets and you'll still be fine. Run a Selker with two Scythes and help out against the air mobs.

Hmm, I prefer using razors of the gods. Slightly less damage but gets that shred+ and flak+. I wonder what the damage modifier is for flak+.

jefe414 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I wish I knew what some of the status descriptions mean

what does shred+ mean anyway

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Enemies killed by shred weapons drop more scrap.
    Flak does more than listed damage to air targets
    Explosive means that weapon fires grenades instead of normal projectiles (like the "rosie")
    Pierce can go through targets and hit the ones behind them
    MIRV drops bomblets as the main projectile flies
    Magnet is attracted to targets
    Shock -- no clue
    Stun - stuns target
    Deathsplosion - killed targets explode and damage nearby enemies
    Slow - slows target
    Cluster - primary detonation sends off secondary explosions

What am I missing.

jefe414 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

A gun with shred on it causes scrap to fall off a tube with each hit. Very useful for getting additional scrap!

edit: Shock seems to also stun the target. I love shock mines.

SteevL on
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game seems best with two or three people total, sorta crowded with four. Mainly because the Tubes rarely come from more than two directions at once. Plus I never get enough scrap to build a decent setup until like the final round.

So many basic loadouts I haven't even tried yet; barely touched artillery, grenade launchers or broadcasters so far. Got some experimenting to do.

Are there any shotguns that create extra scrap?

Gutterkisser on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shock does damage over time.

ObiFett on