As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
Seriously.

belligerent on

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know right? There's a first time for everything.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The fact that people were raiding at 2, an hour after servers came up, and cleared it with little bugs was pretty damn impressive.

Oghulk on
    edited June 2011
    Also is this the place where I can bitch about how bad the daily area is on a server that is 90% horde? I spent the whole time I was there just running out, tagging a mob and then dashing back into the sanctuary zone so I couldn't get ganked. I still died a few dozen times.

Lorahalo on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Also is this the place where I can bitch about how bad the daily area is on a server that is 90% horde? I spent the whole time I was there just running out, tagging a mob and then dashing back into the sanctuary zone so I couldn't get ganked. I still died a few dozen times.

Well, it's not too bad for the horde.

Speaking of, faction change.

And while you're at it server change. To Cho'gall.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I can only imagine that server's Thrall questline on patch day since dying destroys all progress in the quest and all. On my server we had a couple of allies just hang around and grief people over and over for hours.

Opty on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I still wonder if the unprecedented stability was more attributable to Blizzard somehow doing something completely different than with every other patch or just a lack of population zerging the servers like with prior patches.

forty on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    forty wrote: »
    I still wonder if the unprecedented stability was more attributable to Blizzard somehow doing something completely different than with every other patch or just a lack of population zerging the servers like with prior patches.

How exactly do you know the servers weren't zerg-rushed with people logging in?

Henroid on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Does anything happen during the Leyara quest after she flies away and you are freed? Anything with Hamuul? I accidentally ran forward and took a very painful fall into Felwood.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Does anything happen during the Leyara quest after she flies away and you are freed? Anything with Hamuul? I accidentally ran forward and took a very painful fall into Felwood.

You turn in the quest and then head to the Molten Front, where there's another daily hub.

Also, I didn't notice this until I read the wowpedia article concerning the dailies, but in addition to the hub on the Molten Front, there are still dailies at the Sanctuary of Malorne to be done each day.

Javen on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So

My guild, doing Beth'tilac

Awesome time HAVING ANYONE WHO JUMPS DOWN disconnect is awesome.

Just

What the fuck is that

INeedNoSalt on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So did this patch save wow? Did 600k people suddenly rescribe? I actually just unsubscribed.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Seriously... Ryolith can suck my nuts. What a crappy ass fight.

Jubal77 on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I wasn't aware WoW was in need of saving.

Poketpixie on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Rhyolith sounds really fun, what's the issue? Melee got the tards going on or something, or is the fight bugging?

I'm glad the Unbound Pyrelords were bugging on us when we were doing trash with 5 people. Made those pulls take a NICE long time.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited July 2011
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    I wasn't aware WoW was in need of saving.

Well it doesn't need saving but there's been something like six hundred thousand subscriptions lost since cataclysm got released.

Lorahalo on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    And how many were gained when Cataclysm was released?

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    edited July 2011
    Kainy wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Rhyolith sounds really fun, what's the issue? Melee got the tards going on or something, or is the fight bugging?

I'm glad the Unbound Pyrelords were bugging on us when we were doing trash with 5 people. Made those pulls take a NICE long time.

We were steering him ok just always died before we could get him to 25%. Had bad luck on the good attemps on active volcanoes and he had too many stacks when we did get him to 25% because of grouped up volcanoes with the active one grouped up with 2 non active ones. We jumped back and forth between just circling him around and going after the volcanoes directly. None seemed to work because we either had too many stacks on the raid or too many stacks on him.

Jubal77 on
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    After completing the Thrall quest chain I have only one question - who the hell is Aggra and why should I care about her?

Seriously, most phases of the quest were nice (especially the one in the Firelands with all the "Damn you Garrosh, Cairne was my brother!"), but I could only roll my eyes at the water phase where suddenly Thrall's deepest desire is to marry some she-shaman whom the players barely saw until now.

OldSlacker on
    edited July 2011
    After completing the Thrall quest chain I have only one question - who the hell is Aggra and why should I care about her?

Seriously, most phases of the quest were nice (especially the one in the Firelands with all the "Damn you Garrosh, Cairne was my brother!"), but I could only roll my eyes at the water phase where suddenly Thrall's deepest desire is to marry some she-shaman whom the players barely saw until now.

She is one of those "from the book chars" If i remember correctly she was the captain of the boat that the alliance attacked to kidnap thrall. In the game she shows up on the goblin starting area and then back in the maelstrom. But most of the interaction between her and thrall is handled in the book.

Jubal77 on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    And how many were gained when Cataclysm was released?

None, which is to say that whatever new subs were brought in were cancelled out and then they lost 600k over that. That said, WoW needs saving like I need cake, and I assure you that I do not need any cake. It's still at 11.whateverthefuck million subs.

That said, I still cancelled a couple weeks ago. Fuck that daily hub and fuck their ridiculous itemization this expansion.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
    edited July 2011
    She's just some random orc from the village his grandmother lives in somewhere in Outland. She was the one who gave him proper shaman training when he gave up being Warchief.

Lorahalo on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    She's just some random orc from the village his grandmother lives in somewhere in Outland. She was the one who gave him proper shaman training when he gave up being Warchief.

[STRIKE]Didn't he get that from the Frostwolves over in Azeroth?[/STRIKE] A wizard did it.

Henroid on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

[STRIKE]Didn't he get that from the Frostwolves over in Azeroth?[/STRIKE] A wizard did it.

The TL;DR version is that Drek'thar and the Frostwolves did the best they could with what they had, but it was nowhere near the level of training that he could have gotten with the Mag'har.

Nobody on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Firelands seems like it will become tiresome far faster than other raid tiers. 7 bosses and zero visual or thematic variety. It will probably get even worse once people begin gearing since then everyone in the raid will be orange and fiery too.

And then on top of that soul crushing amounts of trash in the raid and the alternate activities consist of a near endless daily quest trudge in the same orange rock environment. I don't see how this tier wont cause huge amounts of player burnout (pun not intended), it seems almost custom designed to do so.

-SPI- on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    they are hand-crafting their own first wave of players for the new WoW 2!

Wiping on the spider boss because she was forcing people to disconnect burnt me out pretty quickly.

INeedNoSalt on
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    So did this patch save wow? Did 600k people suddenly rescribe? I actually just unsubscribed.

I logged out on March 3 and haven't logged back in since.

Just realized I didn't like the people I was playing with any longer, most of my close friends in guild had already quit, and that it wasn't worth the effort. I had more fun random BGing than raiding/pvping with my guildies.

The guild died that week, from the postings on the guild website. Turns out it wasn't just me. And this was a guild that went 11/12 Heroic ICC 25 man.

I had some stirrings about coming back at the start of this patch, but honestly, nothing I've seen has screamed at me. Mostly I'm indifferent.

Now, I'm waiting on SW:TOR. If I go back to MMOs at all.

Assuran on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, one of our main healers lives in Cali, and they had brownouts in his area, so we were down without him for tonight. We had an extremely undergeared backup, but we didn't want to do Firelands with him, so we decided to do some tier 11 to get him some gear. The nerfs are pretty astounding, especially on Nef. One of our healers DC'd during the phase 2 start, so a pillar was left without a healer. They lasted long enough by themselves with no healer and killed their adds, but died to damage shortly thereafter. So the DC'd healer, 3 people from his platform, and a dumb warlock that decided to life tap right before elecotrcute are dead going into phase 3. And we still killed him. And this is not some uber group. We barely got our first nefarian kill a month before the patch. Was kinda funny and sad.

Corpekata on
    edited July 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Firelands seems like it will become tiresome far faster than other raid tiers. 7 bosses and zero visual or thematic variety. It will probably get even worse once people begin gearing since then everyone in the raid will be orange and fiery too.

And then on top of that soul crushing amounts of trash in the raid and the alternate activities consist of a near endless daily quest trudge in the same orange rock environment. I don't see how this tier wont cause huge amounts of player burnout (pun not intended), it seems almost custom designed to do so.

Soucrushing is a hard word. Granted it will be worse when you killing the first 5+ the first night but for now once you kill Shan its all good from there. At least he controls the majority of the Trash respawns.

Jubal77 on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »

I was hoping they'd come up with something really good for Firelands. Instead we got Molten core meets Hellfire peninsula.

Poketpixie on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Not only raiding on patch day, but getting Heroic world firsts on patch day: Stars (Chinese guild playing on a TW server) cleared the normal mode of Firelands, then faction changed (thereby resetting their raid ID) and killed Shannox heroic.

Obviously tons of people crying "exploit", but personally I applaud them for their creativity.

Grobian on
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Corpekata wrote: »
    So, one of our main healers lives in Cali, and they had brownouts in his area, so we were down without him for tonight. We had an extremely undergeared backup, but we didn't want to do Firelands with him, so we decided to do some tier 11 to get him some gear. The nerfs are pretty astounding, especially on Nef. One of our healers DC'd during the phase 2 start, so a pillar was left without a healer. They lasted long enough by themselves with no healer and killed their adds, but died to damage shortly thereafter. So the DC'd healer, 3 people from his platform, and a dumb warlock that decided to life tap right before elecotrcute are dead going into phase 3. And we still killed him. And this is not some uber group. We barely got our first nefarian kill a month before the patch. Was kinda funny and sad.

I can echo that the nerfs are massive. I wasn't able to get in a raid that could down a single boss before the patch; yesterday I got into a pug that started forming at 10:30 in the morning. We only had three or four players who broke 10k dps overall. We had a couple who weren't in vent and kept doing things that should have caused a wipe. I had never even attempted anymore than the first boss in BWD. And we downed Magmaw, Omnitron, Maloriak and Atramedes.

I got a new hat.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Our boomkin spent about 95% of our Ryolith kill offline. I could not stop laughing for about 2 minutes when I realized that that burning bastard was going to die.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Grobian wrote: »
    Not only raiding on patch day, but getting Heroic world firsts on patch day: Stars (Chinese guild playing on a TW server) cleared the normal mode of Firelands, then faction changed (thereby resetting their raid ID) and killed Shannox heroic.

Obviously tons of people crying "exploit", but personally I applaud them for their creativity.

They spent 750 dollars for a brief bit of fame and will be completely forgotten about by next week.

The whole first kill thing is becoming more and more of a farce with every expansion. I am surprised that anyone still cares anymore. Especially after Paragon and their Nef kill.

Mc zany on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Do the world-first types of guilds have sponsors that reimburse them for such expenses? Or is that all out-of-pocket?

SabreMau on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Well Stars was already one of the big names (since their Yogg zero lights kill, iirc), so they probably won't be forgotten. The best thing about this whole situation is the huge amount of drama. But I'm a sucker for good forum drama anyway.

Grobian on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Skeith wrote: »
    Our boomkin spent about 95% of our Ryolith kill offline. I could not stop laughing for about 2 minutes when I realized that that burning bastard was going to die.

In 10-man, I assume? How in the blue fuck did you have enough DPS to handle the adds and get him down short a caster? Are you guys running in mostly T11 Heroic gear?

Salvation122 on
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Firelands is a nice reminder of why i hate being melle dps some days. It seems like 90% of the things in that instance have melle ranged aoe effects.

Also fuck those turtles.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Witchdr wrote: »
    Firelands is a nice reminder of why i hate being melle dps some days. It seems like 90% of the things in that instance have melle ranged aoe effects.

Also fuck those turtles.

Yeah, they sure are loving fucking over melee this expansion.

-SPI- on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Not that my opinion matters, but what stars did doesn't count.

Next week counts. I don't need someone to game the system, mostly because I don't give a shit, but there's no reason to faction transfer.

I mean, I didn't hear about them at all during t11. They basically have to cheat to get anywhere.

belligerent on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arkady wrote: »
    It's still at 11.whateverthefuck million subs.
    We can only speculate since we can't access any official numbers, but I highly doubt they're still in the double-digit millions. Bear in mind that they reported that they lost that 600k as of March (not sure if it was the beginning or end of the month) and I'm seeing more 'I quit' posts everywhere daily. Sure, some of that is just blowing off steam but enough people are reporting underpopulated servers and guilds falling apart that I have to imagine the amount of people who have left is significant.

That said, you're absolutely spot-on; WoW is doing fine with regards to profitability and is nowhere near in any danger of shutting down. I'm just very curious to see what direction they're going to take the game now.

Halfmex on
This discussion has been closed.