As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Five Year [chat]iversary

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't go into the PA weight-loss thread because of the absolutely untrue nutritional b.s. that is peddled there.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    do conventional weapons in FO:NV become less of a pain to use past the first intro town?

I'm a fallout newb, but it's been fun running out of ammo so far. If ammo levels stay this low I'll make a different character at this point. Note that I've only invested one short play session.

ammo is way more plentiful than energy cells/whatever else energy weapons use

but yeah for the first little while you'll keep running out of ammo for your various guns

eventually (as in all games) once you get towards the end ammo conservation doesn't matter as much for most calibers. some, like .45-70 and .308 (if you don't have dead money) will always be kind of rare, though.

excellent

I will soldier on with my medic-engineer-gunman

ed: I found out about the bullet crafting thing after I mistakenly crafted my 26 remaining 9mm into 20 9mm bullets.

kaleedity on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Hey desc did you wanna hike through the valley slash bike across the beaches? I have been told those are lovely things to do.also apparently some restaurant in the valley has the best hot cakes. Can't remember the name. Think it started with a d? Also mazzy your state is weird

I don't have a bike (still, need to get one), but hiking is doable. If you mean the Valley valley I would vote against powering around in 110 degree heat like they have up there.

The 405 freeway is going to be closed between the 10 and 101 the weekend you're here, which is going to entirely fuck us. If you want to hike we should take PCH to Malibu or something in that vein.

Hotcake restaurant I don't know, but I'm never in the Valley.

desc on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    memphis represent

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Evening.

Guess who finally has an unrated version of Robocop to call his own?

Haphazard on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    do conventional weapons in FO:NV become less of a pain to use past the first intro town?

I'm a fallout newb, but it's been fun running out of ammo so far. If ammo levels stay this low I'll make a different character at this point. Note that I've only invested one short play session.

but yeah for the first little while you'll keep running out of ammo for your various guns

eventually (as in all games) once you get towards the end ammo conservation doesn't matter as much for most calibers. some, like .45-70 and .308 (if you don't have dead money) will always be kind of rare, though.

excellent

ed: I found out about the bullet crafting thing after I mistakenly crafted my 26 remaining 9mm into 20 9mm bullets.

Heh.

Be sure to level speech and stuff too. NV relies a lot more on your non-combat skills than FO3

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Haphazard wins tonight. :^:

RMS Oceanic on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Evening.

Guess who finally has an unrated version of Robocop to call his own?

Aldo?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Um excuse me, it's clearly the carbohydrates.

There's a good reason Japan and China have the highest obesity rates in the word.

Leitner on
    edited July 2011
    Leitner wrote: »
    Um excuse me, it's clearly the carbohydrates.

There's a good reason Japan and China have the highest obesity rates in the word.
    While I agree with your scientific rigor, your disdain for the obese makes me dislike pretty much everything you say as someone with deep skinny privilege.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thank god, this Casey Anthony nonsense is almost over. Our girlfriends, wives, mothers, and grandmothers will finally stop talking to us about it.

emnmnme on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

excellent

Heh.

Be sure to level speech and stuff too. NV relies a lot more on your non-combat skills than FO3

Playing a character without speech seemed to really hobble my game. There were so many places where it became a serious hindrance, more than other skills.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Next to quantum theory (lol quantum wellness), thermodynamics has to be the most misquoted and misinterpreted set of scientific facts that people use to justify the weirdest of shit.

Its at its best when people use it to try to disprove evolution.

I've still got something of a hunch that selection might be an opposing force to entropy.

I'm just still not smart enough articulate it.

Winky on
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Whats up chat, I haven't really been on here much lately.

Also, TF2 is still kinda awesome. The new replay functions are cool, here is a video of me playing a bit of scout this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-LtRhRLurs

Sparvy on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elldren?

Thomamelas on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't go into the PA weight-loss thread because of the absolutely untrue nutritional b.s. that is peddled there.

This is basically what killed the H/A fitness thread, as well.

People were basically posting for no other reason than to convince people to adopt their pet training/nutrition theory.

japan on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So a couple of weeks ago I bemoaned having DeShadowC as a mod on the minecraft server I'm playing on.

On this server there's a plug in that allows people to claim land and set up countries.

Shadow has apparently taken it upon himself to rename nations he doesn't like.

This is excellent.

Quid on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    japan wrote: »

People were basically posting for no other reason than to convince people to adopt their pet training/nutrition theory.

Surely education of the misguided is the duty of the Wise?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    This was a good joke from Jimmy Fallon: A first-edition Charles Darwin book was returned to a library in Australia, 122 years late. You could tell it was a Darwin book because it actually evolved into an iPad."

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

YOU HAVE A SINGLE DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK. WHAT IS IT DOING THERE? WHY DON'T YOU HAVE TWO OF THEM?

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

never mind that it's an awful joke

Nerdgasmic on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, Jimmy Fallon is pretty meh from what I've seen

TL DR on
    edited July 2011
    Takin' online class for my Chinese now. Like, all, "Whoo easy times at home let's read this shit!

Then I open up the first article and it's about space technology and I'm all

"Ffffffffffffffffff that's boring'.

Quid on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    wow, sparvy, you're a pretty great scout

I can't usually take down a soldier and medic pair even as a heavy

Nerdgasmic on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »

It was one of the rules that you had to cite anything even vaguely controversial, then there was that one guy that would post links to thirty study abstracts in medical journals, most of which appeared to only have the most tenuous of connections to their suggestions.

It was Daily Mail style interpreting of "this compound, commonly found in this type of berry, has been shown to inhibit the growth of certain cancerous cell types in a growth medium" to mean MAGIC BERRIES CURE CANCER.

japan on
    edited July 2011
    Sparvy you are scary good.

Quid on
    edited July 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    wow, sparvy, you're a pretty great scout

I can't usually take down a soldier and medic pair even as a heavy

Well, I got a bit lucky since I flanked them probably before they thought it was possible. And then the soldier was all herp derping at other players without noticing me getting the medic up against the wall.

But thanks :D

Sparvy on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »

It was one of the rules that you had to cite anything even vaguely controversial, then there was that one guy that would post links to thirty study abstracts in medical journals, most of which appeared to only have the most tenuous of connections to their suggestions.

It was Daily Mail style interpreting of "this compound, commonly found in this type of berry, has been shown to inhibit the growth of certain cancerous cell types in a growth medium" to mean MAGIC BERRIES CURE CANCER.

ohh, right, well that does sound awful

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren?

sorry

give me a minute

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay, so for today do I want the Deux Ex collection for $5? (I've never played it)

I'm probably getting Monkey Island 1 and 2 for $7.50

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So what is the non bs approach to nutrition

@mazzy I am busy being depressed by the road at the moment but after I finish it I will blow my mind with your article

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So...I'm going to start making my opus in XNA. An RPG. It's going to be so awesome that the world will cry when they see me. Just like now, but these will be tears of happiness instead of tears of fright and terror.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am struggling with Alpha Protocol

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited July 2011
    Okay, so for today do I want the Deux Ex collection for $5? (I've never played it)

I'm probably getting Monkey Island 1 and 2 for $7.50

You should only get all those games - Deus Ex and Monkey Island - if you like good games.

It's up to you.

Drez on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So...I'm going to start making my opus in XNA. An RPG. It's going to be so awesome that the world will cry when they see me. Just like now, but these will be tears of happiness instead of tears of fright and terror.

Drez! I'm working on my own RPG using the RPG maker XP/VX software. We can be rpg buddies.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kaleedity did you get New Vegas cause we were talkin about it the other day?

Wait shit was that you I was talking about it with at my house?

Arch on
    edited July 2011

Drez! I'm working on my own RPG using the RPG maker XP/VX software. We can be rpg buddies.

What's "RPG maker XP/VX"? I was thinking of just building my own engine from scratch, but I dunno. What do you recommend?

Drez on
    edited July 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    So what is the non bs approach to nutrition

@mazzy I am busy being depressed by the road at the moment but after I finish it I will blow my mind with your article
    meticulously record what you eat and don't eat where you don't have a working knowledge of what you are eating

I just had to look up sbarro pizza because I ate a slice today for lunch

this tiny piece of pizza had 460 calories and 45% of my daily sodium intake

make sure that through exercise and diet you are maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 calories depending on your BMI and BMR

I think it was Bowen who in the weight-loss thread thought he was going to survive on 500 calories a day
    your body cannot maintain a large calorie deficit because you start producing starvation signals and before you know it you're curled up in a corner eating sticks of butter

edited July 2011
    Haven't really found anything I want to buy on the steam sale yet, could be because I have already bought almost all the games I'm interested in on steam. Probably should have bought asscreed 2 but I was hesitating for too long.

Sparvy on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren?

sorry

give me a minute

K

Thomamelas on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wow they just hung up on me at the pharmacy :[

I am going to head over there and punch their plums

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man I missed sale new Vegas? Oh well.

desc on
This discussion has been closed.