Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

All those wonderful things we stuff in our cock-holes

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I need to stuff bell peppers and portabello's tomorrow STAT. Our fridge broke and I will not lose them. I have some ground pork meat but I need inspiration.

And if anyone can think of a way to use plain yogurt (not as a part of the stuffed veggies), I'd appreciate hearing it.

I use plain yogurt in my smoothies

I also use it as a sauce base or dip base. If you take 3 or 4 sheets of paper towel, dump some yogurt on top and then bring the corners together and tie it off, you can let this hang over a bowl in the fridge for a day or so. The yogurt will drain excess moisture out and you'll be left with a thick tangy greek-style yogurt.

Combine that with seasonings and it's fantastic.

easysig2.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    goat green curry in da slow cooker

| Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    goat green curry in da slow cooker

want

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yesss please.

I have another stupid cooking question for you guys. I could look it up but that seems like it would require things like 'new tabs' and 'typing in search bars'...

Last summer I bought myself a candy thermometer. The old school kind because I'm poor. I make caramels and curds and other temperature-crucial things fairly often and I'm pretty neurotic so even though I'm capable of doing a competent job without one and had done so for years, I thought it was a good investment.

Now the calibration's gone all wonky though. How do I readjust this shit so the needle isn't wobbling around aimlessly? Can't I... do something with a pair of pliers, or...? Did I kill it through neglect?

QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." I actually updated my blog, DON'T FREAK OUT
    edited July 2011
    mm i just got a bunch of beef jerky in the mail

there was a groupon type thing for beef jerky and i could build my own flavors

this one has cumin

• skettiosskettios Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Usagi wrote: »
    Breakfast for dinner is a beautiful thing

Maybe I will make french toast tomorrow night

yesssss

edited July 2011
    i need more lunch ideas

or even just more salad ideas

i'm doing the whole avoid bread thing when i can (though that falls apart on weekends when eating out and whatnot, but whatever), so i pretty much just always bring salads, with like, pepper, avocado, spinach, maybe another veggie or some berries, and a can of salmon or something

i'm sure i could be more creative here

• TefTef Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Rocket, pear, walnut and Parmesan is a really good salad combination

• Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yesss please.

I have another stupid cooking question for you guys. I could look it up but that seems like it would require things like 'new tabs' and 'typing in search bars'...

Last summer I bought myself a candy thermometer. The old school kind because I'm poor. I make caramels and curds and other temperature-crucial things fairly often and I'm pretty neurotic so even though I'm capable of doing a competent job without one and had done so for years, I thought it was a good investment.

Now the calibration's gone all wonky though. How do I readjust this shit so the needle isn't wobbling around aimlessly? Can't I... do something with a pair of pliers, or...? Did I kill it through neglect?

You aren't sure about the calibration temperature?

Boiling water is a pretty good constant.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah boil some water and set that bitch to 212F and you should be good.

League of Legends: Lamby Cakes | XBox Live: Jon Butters
    edited July 2011
    Not to go all Mr. Wizard on you guys, but that will be greatly impacted by her elevation from sea-level.

easysig2.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Then wouldn't it also stand to reason that whatever she is cooking would be affected by elevation and therefore a reading of 212F, while perhaps a touch off of baseline, would still be accurate for recipes?

snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion."
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I agree with Stale. Also how many Haechi's are involved in the test.

edited July 2011
    I'm guessing she doesn't live in Denver or Death Valley but either way if you know your elevation it's not hard to find the actual boiling point of water in your area.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/h2oboilcalc.html

A few hundred feet does not impact it very much at all.

• bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    yeah it's not like she's sitting atop of Everest

edit: hmm, 3.3 degrees celcius per kilometer is still a significant change.

edited July 2011
    A kilometer is a significant elevation that not too many major cities reach.

• bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    A kilometer is a significant elevation that not too many major cities reach.

Does Muse live in a big city? i dunno.

Anywho i agree that it's not very likely, but's it's not unheard of.

I've been in villages in Tenerife that had Internet well above 1500m

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Gotta make a yogurt base sauce TODAY because our fridge is boken AGAIN. Cooking against time. Ya know, before all our stuff spoils.

edited July 2011
    Hurray for excuses to indulge!

edited July 2011
    Look, assholes.

She's over in Korea-ville. I don't know shit about Korea-land. Nor do I know anything about the general topography of Korea-land.

She could be living in a mountain cave at 20k feet for all I know. Or maybe she's in a hut in some kind of Korean sub-Saharan desert.

Shit is like the moon. Never been there.

easysig2.jpg
    edited July 2011
    But when candy making, a few degrees can be the difference between a good caramel or a brittle.

So that shit matters.

easysig2.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Fucking foreign lands.

Everybody should be born in the great plains like God Intended.

easysig2.jpg
  • cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Stale wrote: »
    Fucking foreign lands.

and then promptly move somewhere else.

5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
    edited July 2011
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Gotta make a yogurt base sauce TODAY because our fridge is boken AGAIN. Cooking against time. Ya know, before all our stuff spoils.

Tzatziki!

I have no clue how to make it, but it's delicious.

edited July 2011
    The real question is what jackass would make candy when you could just beat some kid up and take theirs.

• cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    The real question is what jackass would make candy when you could just beat some kid up and take theirs.

man, kids are packin heat nowadays. good luck with that!

5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am getting better at ginger biscuits.

I would branch out into other biscuits, but I don't wanna spoil a good thing, you know?

edited July 2011
    Don't ask Dan about biscuits because he doesn't know how to make them. His are more like bitchscuits. Bitchscuits to go with his bitch eggs.

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011

this one has cumin
    Do you have a link?

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    edited July 2011
    That joke just keeps getting funnier

easysig2.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My wife makes great apple butter.

edited July 2011
    . wrote: »

this one has cumin
    Do you have a link?

well i got the jerky from here:

http://www.slantshackjerky.com/

but the groupon thing is gone a long while ago

edited July 2011
    also, bah i ordered macadamia nuts online and they were out of the unsalted kind and the salted ones are too salty, like i feared

edited July 2011
    Peen wrote: »

not as good as mine

easysig2.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Peen wrote: »

not as good as mine

Gonna need some proof here, hers is damn good.

• Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cadmunky wrote: »
    Fucking foreign lands.

But but but that's what I did! I was born in Pontiac! My whole family for generations back is from either Illinois, Iowa or Ohio!

Anyway I checked and it looks like the general altitude of Seoul is 282 feet, maybe sliightly higher for me since I live on a small mountainside (in a hut that I built in my cave). So the difference is essentially nonexistent for me. Gonna give recalibrating this bitch a shot today. Thanks for the helping helpfulness, folks.

(Also if you were worried my almond brittle turned out just fine without it, and no Haechis were harmed in the course of the production at all.)

QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." I actually updated my blog, DON'T FREAK OUT
    edited July 2011
    Look, assholes.

She's over in Korea-ville. I don't know shit about Korea-land. Nor do I know anything about the general topography of Korea-land.

She could be living in a mountain cave at 20k feet for all I know. Or maybe she's in a hut in some kind of Korean sub-Saharan desert.

Shit is like the moon. Never been there.

Why would she live in a cave that is full of feet.

That sounds both crowded and impractical.

Why would Americans even live in caves like this?

edited July 2011
    Oh I was at a pub last night and we were talking about popcorn.

A friend remarked she only used the microwave stuff and I said it was pretty easy to make on the stove with a pot.

She said she tried that once but popcorn went everywhere.

I remarked that putting the lid on stops the problem.

She was astonished.

edited July 2011
    cadmunky wrote: »
    Fucking foreign lands.

But but but that's what I did! I was born in Pontiac! My whole family for generations back is from either Illinois, Iowa or Ohio!

Anyway I checked and it looks like the general altitude of Seoul is 282 feet, maybe sliightly higher for me since I live on a small mountainside (in a hut that I built in my cave). So the difference is essentially nonexistent for me. Gonna give recalibrating this bitch a shot today. Thanks for the helping helpfulness, folks.

(Also if you were worried my almond brittle turned out just fine without it, and no Haechis were harmed in the course of the production at all.)

Pontiac?

Ohh.... Ohh dear, I'm so sorry.

I didn't know.

easysig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.