As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] is now FREE!! You have no excuse not to play. Meet the Medic in OP!!

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    darunia106 wrote: »
    I've got that, renamed it to "The Red Herring"
    bah was hoping they were different. oh well

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    Monsty wrote: »
    Crates pretty much worthless? Anyone trading weapons for them? I've got a 21 Mann and three summer coolers. I know nothing about this shit.

Each one costs money to open. Not worth that much.

To the contrary, each crate is exactly worth $2.67. Which is why mine never get opened.

Wish you could smelt them.

DietarySupplement on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i think it's pretty safe to say the cash shop is making valve Boners amounts of money

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Guess we're not getting a free key this time.

Lokiamis on
    edited July 2011
    there's still four days or so

have hope, young one

and/or who cares

undeinPirat on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i think it's pretty safe to say the cash shop is making valve Boners amounts of money

What is greater, $Boners or $Texas?

DietarySupplement on
    edited July 2011
    What is greater, $Boners or $Texas?
    probably depends on who is responding. in my case, boners

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Did they fix item drops yet?

Aneurhythmia on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Monsty wrote: »
    Crates pretty much worthless? Anyone trading weapons for them? I've got a 21 Mann and three summer coolers. I know nothing about this shit.
    You might be able to find someone nice enough to give you something for one. Wren offered his Postal Pummeler for one which I jumped on. He ended up getting another Postal Pummeler in the crate so he ended up where he started and I got a sweet mailbox.

e: Apparently some people aren't getting any drops even after they reset? I stopped getting them around Saturday which seems normal. 11-12 drops (some from before that reset).

SirToasty on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I'm still in the 'who the hell pays £2 a pop for these things' camp.
    Probably the same dudes who pay £50 to put a bit of cow on their head in real life. 8D

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    proyebat wrote: »
    so psyk0 must have had a bad night on reddit and rambled on about soldiers or something

I said over mic: UMAD BRO?

admin:set on fire/beacon'd

yep
    i would've banned you because I hate that phrase
    I'm going to name one of my weapons that, and kill you with it.

That will be the day.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited July 2011
    i have tended to get 1-2 items per session, but that may be from achievements too.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    mts wrote: »
    i have tended to get 1-2 items per session, but that may be from achievements too.
    I will be supremely upset if I get none tonight. What time do they reset? I heard 8pm (probably Valve time).

SirToasty on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Got an extra splendid screen, will trade for any weapon I don't have.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/jbob

How about the new heavy shotgun?

Sounds good, what's your steam id?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Got an extra splendid screen, will trade for any weapon I don't have.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/jbob

How about the new heavy shotgun?

Sounds good, what's your steam id?

My steam id is cablecarrier. I won't be on for a bit, though.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited July 2011
    Drama Chamber let's go

Lokiamis on
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ugh, I've been playing on a server a friend of mine plays on to try to improve myself. That way, I could switch to the PA servers and be less of a spaz. And I've improved pretty rapidly, but man, think I'm going to have to make that transition soon. The last few nights I've played, the regulars have been coordinating together and teaming up against newbie teams, for the most part stomping them. No matter which team I'm on, I find this to be pretty unfun. Hoping the PA servers will at least be more interesting, even if I'll probably be exploding into a shower of gore more frequently.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    edited July 2011
    It is super fun on PA. Hard as fuck sometimes but still fun. Unless you play pyro on honc in which the airburst is broken. I didn't realize how much I actually use the airburst until I played there.

SirToasty on
  • HeliosHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Nah, expect constant rolls.

It is the way of things!

Helios on
    Who is driving?
    Oh my god, bear is driving!
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I actually do play as a Pyro for the most part. Well, that and Medic as necessary. But man, an airblastless existence would suck currently, I've just started to get used to it.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    edited July 2011
    basically just get on my team

and we'll win

unless we lose, and then you can complain about heavies

it's really fun, i swear

undeinPirat on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Does anyone have a Sydney Sleeper they'd be willing to trade me?
    I've got a strange GRU and some other random stuff that I've recently acquired.

Checkitout

Erin The Red on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Checkitout

I don't have that but I just sent you a friend request for that summer crate you have.

UEAKCrash on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Checkitout

I don't have that but I just sent you a friend request for that summer crate you have.

Cool. I wont be on until tonight probably, but I'll try to shoot you a message or find you on the PA server

Edit: Haha holy crap I can remote into my computer using my iphone at work. Slow, but I can download games while I'm here now!

Erin The Red on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Checkitout

I just happen to have an extra Sydney Sleeper lying around. Would you be willing to part with that medic crossbow?

One Thousand Cables on
    edited July 2011

Checkitout

I just happen to have an extra Sydney Sleeper lying around. Would you be willing to part with that medic crossbow?

I s'pose that would work. Wanna shoot me a friend request?

Erin The Red on
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Haven't played in a while until this week, looking to try some of the newer spy stuff, especially a YER. If you want to trade send me a message on steam.

Items

Jeix on
    edited July 2011

Checkitout

I s'pose that would work. Wanna shoot me a friend request?

I'm at work right now, but when I get home in about 45 minutes I'll toss you one.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited July 2011
    Jeix wrote: »
    Haven't played in a while until this week, looking to try some of the newer spy stuff, especially a YER. If you want to trade send me a message on steam.

Items

i have a YER i could probably be convinced to give up since I am horrible at the spying

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ebotastic wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    ebotastic wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    Valve hates me, first they delete all my stuff on the day the summer sale starts (which I finally got back yesterday), and to rub salt in the wounds, don't give me any summer crates. :(

Hopefully I get luckier when the drops reset tonight.

Valve did that? I must've missed something.

There was a VAC hiccup last week that I got caught in.. and when you get VAC banned, they delete everything in your backpack.

:|

Did they compensate you in any way?

Nope. But considering I was looking at throwing away a Steam account that has over $700 invested in it, I'm just glad everything got sorted out.

xzzy on
    edited July 2011
    Get in the HDC

Lokiamis on
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mts wrote: »

i have a YER i could probably be convinced to give up since I am horrible at the spying

Awesome, I added you so just get a hold of me later.

Jeix on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So predictably, just a few weeks after deciding that I was completely burned out on TF2 after several hundred hours of play time and the game held no further appeal for me, and after not playing at all for about six months, something scratched the old itch.

I'm ashamed to say it was the sunglasses prize in the Steam summer camp sale. I don't even have most of the games the other prizes were for, alright?

I have to say that it feels good to be incinerating people again. Of course, I have no idea what half of these new items are. Last night I found a Tomislav and was the envy of the server, then quickly became its bane; that thing kicks ASS. Actually I found a second one from a drop just as I finished up for the night so now I have a pair.

It's nice to see that the server browser still works like balls after all this time, though. Wait, no, that isn't nice at all. If anything the "server not responding" is even worse than it ever was for me.

Gaslight on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    spying is really easy on regular servers

on PA servers each life is a suicide run because I rarely survive backstabbing someone. I only have the original spy equipment so far though

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • JaecpJaecp Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Original spy stuff is fine, almost everything spy has is useful, though i prefer Dead Ringer with the new Pistol and the stock knife

So... anyone know why Tycho hates TF2?

Jaecp on
    edited July 2011
    It's an easy game to hate

Lokiamis on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Soooo with the Brass Beast am I just supposed to stand in one spot spun up hoping someone wanders into view? Engaging in pushfighting with it sucks.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited July 2011
    prrrrrrrrobably the cash shop? i don't know

some people don't like cash shops

i don't mind them when they aren't dumb

tf2's is only kinda dumb at times

undeinPirat on
  • JaecpJaecp Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I mean, its just cosmetic stuff, really. I was just kind of surprised. I think I might ask him at comic-con this year,

Brass beast is really only good for defending capture points or sitting on carts in payload maps, the other guns are much better in basically every situation

Jaecp on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    Soooo with the Brass Beast am I just supposed to stand in one spot spun up hoping someone wanders into view? Engaging in pushfighting with it sucks.

This is why you should be using Sasha.

xzzy on