As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I guess I am in San Diego as well. (Comic-Con!!)

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    man i didn't wanna hafta go to SDCC before (i'll prolly be going by myself and standing around one booth the whole time to show off our anime game most people there won't give a shit about) but now i'm somewhat excited and will be very sad if i can't go to this dinner for some reason!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Houk, if you can't get away from your booth with your company's permission, just feign illness.

Captain K on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    man i didn't wanna hafta go to SDCC before (i'll prolly be going by myself and standing around one booth the whole time to show off our anime game most people there won't give a shit about) but now i'm somewhat excited and will be very sad if i can't go to this dinner for some reason!

You work for NIS America right?

What're you showing off?

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So July 22nd is what we're looking at.

hmmmmm. I swear something important is happening on that day.

Plus getting to San Diego on a Friday right after work in time for this might be a challenge.

Allow me to confer with the homies.

sarukun on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

What're you showing off?
    New Bleach game for the PS3. It looks like we won't have a booth of our own, so I'll just be piggybacking off Viz Media and showing the game at their booth.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I will definitely be there on the 22nd, some business related trip to San Diego, boring stuff, trade show, that kind of thing.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I live in San Diego.
    I can do this.

I'm an ok person too, or so I'm told.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2011
    i like okay people

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm much better. In bed.

Prove me wrong.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

What're you showing off?
    New Bleach game for the PS3. It looks like we won't have a booth of our own, so I'll just be piggybacking off Viz Media and showing the game at their booth.

I've been reading about that on Siliconera.

Kind of upset I don't have a PSTriple.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    edited July 2011

What're you showing off?

I hope you will be in costume for this

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2011

What're you showing off?

I've been reading about that on Siliconera.

Kind of upset I don't have a PSTriple.
    It's actually a really cool game if you're into the anime at all, and/or DW-esque hack-and-slash action. Was a pretty big hit during Anime Expo last weekend.

t fiz - why would you want that? Aren't most of the characters wrapped up in black cloaks or whatever? Not exactly easy access

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited July 2011
    I'm a big nerd for Bleach. Real talk.

Hope the Con goes well for you, man!

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    edited July 2011
    t fiz - why would you want that? Aren't most of the characters wrapped up in black cloaks or whatever? Not exactly easy access

If you are in costume that means people will want to take pictures of you. All the time. Your day will be spent getting photographed by unattractive girls calling themselves photographers.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm not in San Diego.

What is this sorcery?!?

<3 on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_prog_thu.php

There's nothing on Thursday we care about except for GoT which ends at 4:00, so Thursday would actually be awesome for us. If Friday isn't locked in already.

Kochikens on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think Friday is pretty much locked.

Thursday would be awful, I would have to go to work the next day; I'm already driving back that same night as it is.

sarukun on
    edited July 2011
    You're coming
    all that way
    for me, Sarukun?

I am touched.

Kochikens on
    edited July 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_prog_thu.php

There's nothing on Thursday we care about except for GoT which ends at 4:00, so Thursday would actually be awesome for us. If Friday isn't locked in already.

There's a few panels I'm interested in that day, but it is true that Thursday usually has the worst panels.

I wonder if the lbgtx-men panel will talk about how awesome Anole is. And if they plan to bring back the torrid love affair between Wolverine and Colossus

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I love Colossus. The only panel I am freaking out about isn't even a panel, it's the possible Captain America screening. Which is so mysterious and possibly non existent I am pulling my hair out.

Kochikens on
    edited July 2011
    I love Colossus. The only panel I am freaking out about isn't even a panel, it's the possible Captain America screening. Which is so mysterious and possibly non existent I am pulling my hair out.

Doesn't it come out that week anyways? I guess it'd be nice to see it WITH Chris Evans, but unless he's gonna do shirtless pushups the whole time

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Fiz wrote: »

Doesn't it come out that week anyways? I guess it'd be nice to see it WITH Chris Evans, but unless he's gonna do shirtless pushups the whole time

Yeah, it comes out. Which is why my fingers are crossed for a screening at PetCo park. But I have no idea if it'd be Thursday midnight or Friday or Saturday or what. SO MUCH ANXIETY.

Kochikens on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the only one I am set on making on Thursday is Game of Thrones, but there's a couple that sound interesting

nothing going on in Hall H that day, too!

YaYa on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm hitching a ride down with sarukun.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2011
    Conflict. Friday has a lot of good panels, if you like shows such as Regular Show and Thundercats and Adult Swim. But they're at the same time so I have to pick one place to be all day.

If I go with the Regular Show and onward route I have a chance to see Bob's Burgers as well. Love that show

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Nothing I really care about Friday, kinda curious to see the Warren Ellis movie panel. But its from 7-8 and I'd rather spend that day doofing around the floor. That Thundercats one looks good though.

Kochikens on
    edited July 2011
    oh shit, Tintin in Hall H

also, what
    12:15-1:15 Relativity Media: Raven and Haywire— Two fantastic films from Relativity Media debut in this Hall H presentation.

Raven -- The film is a gritty thriller in which Edgar Allan Poe joins forces with a young Baltimore detective to hunt down a mad serial killer who's using Poe's own works as the basis for a string of brutal murders. Raven stars John Cusack as Edgar Allan Poe, Luke Evans, and Alice Eve and is directed by James McTeigue.

YaYa on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I've never done SDCC before, what do I see?

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    edited July 2011
    I suggest spending a good amount of time at the Penny Arcade booth, trying to engage Khoo in conversation while he is trying to deal with people actually interested in buying things

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Fiz wrote: »
    I suggest spending a good amount of time at the Penny Arcade booth, trying to engage Khoo in conversation while he is trying to deal with people actually interested in buying things

if you do not spend at least five hours doing this then you have failed at Comic-Con

YaYa on
    edited July 2011
    Fiz you many engage me at any time.

As far as when on Friday, it sounds like there are still some panels that people would like to see so let's plan on grabbing dessert late. (Think 9 pm +)

Can anyone recommend a place that could accommodate this size group for dessert?

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I cannot wait for comicon, i work 3 blocks away so i will have free parking :D

Barcardi on
    edited July 2011
    Are you doing a panel this year? I fully encourage you to order out a nice dessert for us to share while the panel is going on. You know, a cool treat we can enjoy while the same two or three people get up and ask stupid questions that just point out why their own webcomics failed. And then some girl who asks if you know who she is cosplaying as.

Nobody cares, random girl.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Khoo is no unlike Jesus post-resurrection. He can be in many places at once and in all cases he's asking you why you told people that you didn't know him.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

As far as when on Friday, it sounds like there are still some panels that people would like to see so let's plan on grabbing dessert late. (Think 9 pm +)

Can anyone recommend a place that could accommodate this size group for dessert?

Dessert: Shakespeare Pub & Grille.

The restaurant is usually very crowded and busy. I would recommend ordering the desserts before you arrive and taking them somewhere else.

Slider on
    edited July 2011
    How about a place that is not crowded and busy?

Also PI is a piece of poop. You heard it here first.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited July 2011
    Slider wrote: »

Dessert: Shakespeare Pub & Grille.

The restaurant is usually very crowded and busy. I would recommend ordering the desserts before you arrive and taking them somewhere else.
    Considering the main point of this is to meet up and hang out, I'm not sure we want to go somewhere where we have to go somewhere else.

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited July 2011
    Is this going to be like before, when we kind of had to keep an eye on the time so you could hit other meetings? The good gets much better the further away we get from the convention center. There's a great gelato place in Hillcrest.

There's one right by the convention center that is... I don't even know if it is still open

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2011
    So much good stuff on saturday

Kochikens on
  • Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If I can't go to this because of money issues I will be severely depressed.

Someone buy my companionship.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg