As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect 3: Vote for FemShep.... again!

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    darleysam wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I was playing through LotSB last night and discovered that you can suffer instant death in the Azure parking lot. You know how the last hover-truck loses control and crashes into the building? Well, le'ts just say that you don't want to be standing i the wrong place when that happens.

Bah ha ha ha, whoops!

Also, I was playing as a fem shep, but one of the dossiers in SB's lair refer to Shep as "he" and "him"

What is this nonsense?! :evil:

Well, when Cerberus were rebuilding you, they added some.. 'upgrades'.
    Prehensile Cybernetic Genatalia should have been an available upgrade.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Here's the real problem with a Mass Effect movie:

We might like to think otherwise, but Mass Effect doesn't have much going for it when you take the interactivity away. Doesn't make it a bad game, but it's explicitly written with video games as a medium in mind.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »

We might like to think otherwise, but Mass Effect doesn't have much going for it when you take the interactivity away. Doesn't make it a bad game, but it's explicitly written with video games as a medium in mind.

That's true. Mass Effect is all about how you, the player, want things to unfold. Absolutely nobody would be satisfied with how the movie turned out, I hope it doesn't happen...

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    if it turns out that most batarians are wonderful beings i'll still kill them all for having bad PR and not doing anything about it

If we get a Batarian squadmate I'm assuming he'd be an outlier among his own people.

Like I said, Charn isn't such a bad sort, for being a murderous terrorist that is. He draws the line when Balak goes too far in regards to Terra Nova. Something along those lines for a squadmate, I could enjoy.

Dr. Worm on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

i don't think that'll harm its chances, though. throw in enough ships and explosions and it'll do just fine.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

That's true. Mass Effect is all about how you, the player, want things to unfold. Absolutely nobody would be satisfied with how the movie turned out, I hope it doesn't happen...

It is happening for now. Word is that the screenwriter for it is Mark Protosevich, who most recently did Thor, and he will be speaking about it at the Legendary Panel at Comic Con. I really enjoyed Thor, so if he can find that magic again, the movie could turn out decent.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
    edited July 2011
    AspectVoid wrote: »

It is happening for now. Word is that the screenwriter for it is Mark Protosevich, who most recently did Thor, and he will be speaking about it at the Legendary Panel at Comic Con. I really enjoyed Thor, so if he can find that magic again, the movie could turn out decent.

Really? Damn... I really enjoyed Thor as well.

Ok, well as long as the movie is about The First Contact War or something and not Shep.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I was playing through LotSB last night and discovered that you can suffer instant death in the Azure parking lot. You know how the last hover-truck loses control and crashes into the building? Well, le'ts just say that you don't want to be standing i the wrong place when that happens.

Bah ha ha ha, whoops!
    It was pretty annoying - I'd blown it the first time, so I had to replay that section. Finally killed the last Eclipse goon, reload and hear the truck come in. I think, "Ok, where is i- AAAGH!" and get splattered.
    Also, I was playing as a fem shep, but one of the dossiers in SB's lair refer to Shep as "he" and "him"

I hadn't noticed this. Of course, I don't read my own file; I know who I am, dammit!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Bah ha ha ha, whoops!
    It was pretty annoying - I'd blown it the first time, so I had to replay that section. Finally killed the last Eclipse goon, reload and hear the truck come in. I think, "Ok, where is i- AAAGH!" and get splattered.

I hadn't noticed this. Of course, I don't read my own file; I know who I am, dammit!

I'm pretty sure there isn't a file for Shep. The 'him' and 'he' slip-up comes in Admiral Hackett's file. Some underling writes Hackett a long memo about why the Alliance needs to bring Shep in for questioning, to find out why "he" is with Cerberus and where "he's" been these two years, and it probably won't take long, 6-7months at most.

Hackett's reply? "Request denied." Heh heh. God I love Hackett.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    edited July 2011
    Man... reading Miranda's file.

at first I was :lol:

but then I :(

Skull2185 on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Don't worry, she can always clone a perfect version of herself and spend twenty years abusing it to promote the healthy growth of moral fiber before allowing it to escape into the wild.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I disagree here. ME is written like a video game, but that's why a movie adaptation has to adapt, not port over. The setting is pretty interesting, there's a wide range of cool characters, and epic war against unstoppable force is simple enough to hold it together.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The battle of the citadel had only a few choices, and there is a pretty clear path to take there if you want a heroic movie. Not to mention the entire battle, on every end, is purely epic. If they can get that in, who cares how bad the rest of the movie is.

Daris on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Honestly, I think the biggest thing would be introducing a person to the universe in a coherent manner.

I mean its easy to fit information into a 20+ hour game that comes with an ecylopedia to help explain things. Not so much in a 2 hour movie.

Dragkonias on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wouldn't it be totally radical if the Mass Effect movie turned out to spark a new age in Science fiction and caused extremist and moderate leaders across the globe to come together in order to implement a peaceful resolution to the problems plaguing the world today?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Basil wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be totally radical if the Mass Effect movie turned out to spark a new age in Science fiction and caused extremist and moderate leaders across the globe to come together in order to implement a peaceful resolution to the problems plaguing the world today?

Unfortunately, Exterminating Batarians has limited applications in the real world.

Fencingsax on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I was looking for the E3 videos and uh...what happened to the OP??

jackisreal on
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    jackisreal wrote: »

Image size rules finally caught up with it and Echo changed it.

Renegade Wolf on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ...While I am annoyed our OP got messed up, the "Deal with it" images being under (user was infracted for this post) is quite funny.

Dragkonias on
    edited July 2011

Image size rules finally caught up with it and Echo changed it.

Damn. It really was the bestest OP.

jackisreal on
    edited July 2011
    It was. I shall buy a forty after work and pour it onto a sidewalk to commermorate its passing.

Dragkonias on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »

Unfortunately, Exterminating Batarians has limited applications in the real world.

Not the impression some of you guys give with your unbridled enthusiasm on the topic. :winky:*

*Imagine this as an incredibly dark winky face, as though it was from one of these guys.

Seriously, it's a great movie

Synthesis on
    edited July 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    It was. I shall buy a forty after work and pour it onto a sidewalk to commermorate its passing.

Gonna finally drink that Brandy I've been saving and go hit on some Yoga moms

jackisreal on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

That's quite a lot for the OP having to shrink. Is that something you just do with any provocation?

"It's raining. Better go hit on some Yoga moms?"

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited July 2011
    Cronus wrote: »

That's quite a lot for the OP having to shrink. Is that something you just do with any provocation?

I don't really see a time where it wouldn't be a good idea to hit on some hot Yoga moms.

Unless they're saying "Don't hit on me, or I will blow fire at you"

Skull2185 on
    edited July 2011
    Just saw the revised OP.

Ouch.

Synthesis on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I actually find the new OP pretty funny. :|

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Though I am wondering what the point of deleting all the text was.

Dragkonias on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I know I laughed :P

HappylilElf on
    edited July 2011
    Cronus wrote: »

MassEffect22010-01-2713-05-00-84.jpg

W.W.S.D.?

jackisreal on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I disagree per the movie as well. Mass Effect has a cool setting which I like, and all it takes is a good writer to produce a good story from it (especially since it probably won't involve Shepard's deeds). Whether it will be any good is in the air, but it certainly could be good.
    Dr. Worm wrote: »
    Like I said, Charn isn't such a bad sort, for being a murderous terrorist that is. He draws the line when Balak goes too far in regards to Terra Nova. Something along those lines for a squadmate, I could enjoy.

The fact that one of the most 'decent' batarian examples available is the guy who thought they were just there for a "quick slave grab" is a testament to the species.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • MorganAzingerMorganAzinger Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I disagree per the movie as well. Mass Effect has a cool setting which I like, and all it takes is a good writer to produce a good story from it (especially since it probably won't involve Shepard's deeds). Whether it will be any good is in the air, but it certainly could be good.

The movie page on the ME wiki (not sure how accurate or up to date this is) says that the movie will indeed follow Shepard's story, and that the dev team has always considered said story to be prime movie material.

Personally, I'm rather peeved, because RPGs are about player choice and all the fans are going to end up yelping "my Shepard doesn't look like that!", "my Shepard wouldn't say/do that!", "my Shepard's a woman!".

>.>

<.<

tumblr_lhlwrb36v41qhflgao1_400.jpg

MorganAzinger on
    edited July 2011
    That's why I cited the mercenary mechanic. Polite. Professional. Practically a saint compared to the other mercs.

Very poor situational awareness.

Synthesis on
    edited July 2011

The movie page on the ME wiki (not sure how accurate or up to date this is) says that the movie will indeed follow Shepard's story, and that the dev team has always considered said story to be prime movie material.

Personally, I'm rather peeved, because RPGs are about player choice and all the fans are going to end up yelping "my Shepard doesn't look like that!", "my Shepard wouldn't say/do that!", "my Shepard's a woman!".

They will do that, yes

And I will point at, laugh at and mock them endlessly

And I'm also someone who only plays femshep :P

HappylilElf on
    edited July 2011

>.>

/IMG]

So, basically, exactly like things are already?

Dragkonias on
    edited July 2011

They will do that, yes

I personally am going to point and laugh at all the people who pay actual, legal currency to watch this movie. Whether they complain or not.

Because it's not going to be good, in all likelihood. Even if Michael Cera isn't in it.

Synthesis on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't care one way or another about a movie. If they make it, fine; if they don't, fine. It's not going to affect me in any appreciable way.

As I said before: what-evs.

On the other hand, I do fervently hope that Bioware does some trolling of their fanbase in the third game. A Batarian squadmate would do it, but I doubt that's on the table. I'd probably be satisfied with some extra Aria sass.

Mass Effect 3: Aria one-shots a Reaper while having a threesome with Kaidan and Liara.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The movie page on the ME wiki (not sure how accurate or up to date this is) says that the movie will indeed follow Shepard's story, and that the dev team has always considered said story to be prime movie material.[/IMG]

The film page I see on the wiki only has the announcement from Chris Priestly, and if that's what you're referring to, it says nothing about Shepard, just that Mass Effect is ripe for a movie. Mass Effect is the franchise as well as the particular game.

They wouldn't use Shepard in a movie for the same reason they don't use her in the books.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited July 2011
    Yeah but Synth judging by your taste in movies if you despise it with you're entire being I'll probably walk out entertained :P

HappylilElf on
    edited July 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »

They will do that, yes

I personally and going to point and laugh at all the people who pay actual, legal currency to watch this movie. Whether they complain or not.

Because it's not going to be good. Even if Michael Cera isn't in it.

How can you say with 100% certainty that it's going to be bad? It's not like Legendary has a terrible track record...

jackisreal on