As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

why do you hurt me, school

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    I bought Atlas Shrugged. The sky is turning red. The end times are coming.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just promise you'll talk to us before you start skinning the homeless or something.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I like to cram all my classes into 3 days so I get two days off.

Once I am at uni I can study all day, it's just the getting there that sucks.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    dubh asked me for my copy of atlas shrugged today

ill have to dig it out of the closet with the fountainhead, anthem, and a box of other things i'm too ashamed to have on display in my house

Squall on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I tried to read the fountainhead once

made it about halfway

couldn't manage the rest

my brain just said no

BugBoy on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tef wrote: »
    Workshop classes are good like this too.

I remember when a guy thought it would be a good idea to stick his tie (we had to wear ties to school back then) into a metal buffer mounted to a bench (basically a cloth wheel turning at about 3000rpm).

Luckily for him, all it did was pull the knot really, really tight and the tie snapped. They had to cut the tie off him to get it off his neck. The metalwork teacher ended up attaching it the wall at the front of the class as a reminder not to be a fucking idiot

Yea, it's amazing that in both of my lab classes (chemistry and AG) someone somewhere was a retard in every lab.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Okay. Did my annotated bibliography and research paper proposal in four hours. Ten sources, read and annotated.

Guys, this is actually going to be a lot of fun to write, because Ayn Rand was a terrible person but a semi-decent writer at points, which means that I'll actually have things to hang an argument on. Not only that, but there are PLENTY of Rand Institute-funded critics who are terrible as shit, and if there's one thing that makes a research paper, it's speaking against terrible critics.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    half of my fridays this semester should have no classes

this is the first time ive had a no class day in 3 years of uni

also I was gonna speak in favour of pre-10am classes but then I remembered how often I slept in my 9am classes

I think one of the 2nd year organic chem classes had 8am lectures here, which is another reason im glad I didn't major in chem

L|ama on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Baaarrrrrrggghhh
    what is wrong with my brain
    how can it possibly be this difficult to write ten pages on Huntington's Disease
    HOW

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    a four hour long class
    jesus
    only thing that should be that long is labs

fun fact: every class in grad school is four hours long

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    a four hour long class
    jesus
    only thing that should be that long is labs

fun fact: every class in grad school is four hours long

oh I know
    I'm going to be in grad school in the fall
    but nothin in undergrad except labs should be more than 1.5 hours

blugh
    orik how does one write ten page papers on neurodegenerative genetic diseases

edit: this thing's due tomorrow I better just try and find more journal articles I guess

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I tried to read the fountainhead once

made it about halfway

couldn't manage the rest

my brain just said no

it's just so formulaic

here is a chapter about howard roark, he is the good guy, look at how dashing he is and never gives up despite the enormous adversity of being told to make compromises

here is a chapter about peter keating, he is the pitiful guy, but don't feel too bad he brought it on himself

here is a chapter about elsworth toohey, he is the bad guy, look at how horrible he is, hosting backdoor meeting about how he will institute collectivism

Squall on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i appear to have talked myself into a corner, wherein i compare christopher marlowe's two-play tragedy Tamburlaine the Great with Atlas Shrugged.

Atlas Shrugged is more than a thousand pages long.

pffaahahahahahahahaha

alright why the fuck would you read that book

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Because it's gonna be fun ripping it to shreds.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Orikae has a knife

He is standing behind Ayn Rand, eyeing her back thoughtfully

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    rand is teabagging a corpse

whining that shes th only one who does anywork on the team

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Workshop classes are good like this too.

I remember when a guy thought it would be a good idea to stick his tie (we had to wear ties to school back then) into a metal buffer mounted to a bench (basically a cloth wheel turning at about 3000rpm).

Luckily for him, all it did was pull the knot really, really tight and the tie snapped. They had to cut the tie off him to get it off his neck. The metalwork teacher ended up attaching it the wall at the front of the class as a reminder not to be a fucking idiot

Yea, it's amazing that in both of my lab classes (chemistry and AG) someone somewhere was a retard in every lab.

High school chemistry lab.

We're doing that thing where you add hydrogen peroxide to a catalyst in a reaction chamber to make O2 (or H2, one of those labs) and feed it through a tube in a tray of water to capture it in a little bottle. Then you uncork the little bottle and put a match to it and *POOF!*

So the dipshit at the table next to me thinks it would be hilarious to drop a lit match right into his reaction chamber.

There is an explosion not unlike a hand grenade going off five feet away from me and everyone in the room hits the deck. The reaction chamber bottle is completely shattered.

Thank christ the teachers had wrapped those bottles with a couple layers of thick clear tape or I probably would look like that dude in that Bond movie with the diamonds in his face.

only with, y'know... tiny shards of glass

DivideByZero on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the tape is probably there because that's not the first time someone did it.

I'm taking 2 online classes this summer and I have discovered that I hate online classes.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My single favorite class of all of junior high was when our chemistry teacher let us throw tiny pebbles of potassium into a tub of water, then when everyone had had a go he threw in everything that was left. He'd made us stand behind a rope probably fifteen feet away, which everyone thought was much too far, but the front row (me included) still got splashed with hot water.

I wanted to be a chemist from that moment and right until I took high school chemistry, which involved no explosions of any kind and lots of math of all the worst kinds. Thanks so much, boring old lady chem teacher!

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The tape is absolutely there because it's not the first time someone did it.

What really grinds my gears is that the dumb fuck didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist because his mom was a teacher there.

DivideByZero on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    orik i would like very much to read said paper

Squall on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    4 on AP Environmental Science, 3 on English Literature, and a 2 on US Gov (I call bullshit :( ).

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    any college credit thru AP/IB is a huge head start, great job muse

Squall on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Only thing is I'm not sure how/if I can 'use' it. I am looking at the school website and am having trouble finding anything about AP credit. I am registering for classes at orientation in a few days and still don't get how I am supposed to select my classes. I don't want to register for something if my AP credit covers it but I can't tell if it will.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wait I found something . . . I can't use all my credits :?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    they'll likely cover it at orientation, but you could also try getting in contact with one of the advisors or the registrar's office

Squall on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I don't know how I got a better score on Literature than US Gov. My score forth the latter is too low for any credit. The former included a really crappy essay too.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    hey muse

muse

muse

hey muse

you

yes you

hey muse

muse

hey muse

join your campus news paper

Brolo on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Only thing is I'm not sure how/if I can 'use' it. I am looking at the school website and am having trouble finding anything about AP credit. I am registering for classes at orientation in a few days and still don't get how I am supposed to select my classes. I don't want to register for something if my AP credit covers it but I can't tell if it will.

Is this not what you're looking for?

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Skipping the second class of the semester!

GREAT START STALEGHOTI

It's cause I gotta prep Bacon for his surgery tho, and he needs some quality cuddle time, he's gonna be alone for quit a fair portion of the day

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I found it.

@ Rolo: hmm . . . maybe . . .

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hey muse

where'd you get your ap scores?

call in or mail? I don't wanna have to call in if they're just gonna send it by mail soon.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You can view your scores through my college's website. But only the scores, nothing else.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    mmk

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i have lost motivation to study for my summer classes

TheStig on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oh shit I have to pay for mine

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    This is George Huntington, the physician who gave the first comprehensive and definitive description of Huntington's Disease in 1872 and the man from whom the disease derives its name.

George_Huntington_(c._1872).jpg

Jesus Christ, that's a handsome man

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I miss the days when being incredibly hansom was required to become a doctor.

TheStig on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    so i just found out that the school that accepted me didnt get ANY of my transcripts that i rushed out there four months ago, and i have about a week to get them all out there.
    ffuvkcvkvkvk

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    get them in person and mail them express or priority
    TheStig wrote: »
    I miss the days when being incredibly hansom was required to become a doctor.

I..I don't think driving a horse drawn cab was ever a requirement to become a doctor

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.