As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Dinner 2011 - *SOLD OUT!!!!*

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'll pack my crutches and hoof the stairs. ;-)

NOW SELL ME SOME TICKETS!

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    beta_angel wrote: »

2) Wheelchair accessibility. Last year, some of you might remember, it was an issue. I had said that in the future, I would make it a priority and I did. It was actually the #1 thing on my list, but as it turns out...a lot of places aren't as wheelchair friendly as you'd think.

This is entirely irrelevant, but noone has said it yet, so I'm compelled to do so.

Of course places aren't as wheelchair friendly as you'd expect - ramps are expensive!

At least, that's what my idol Cave Johnson would say. :D

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

2) Wheelchair accessibility. Last year, some of you might remember, it was an issue. I had said that in the future, I would make it a priority and I did. It was actually the #1 thing on my list, but as it turns out...a lot of places aren't as wheelchair friendly as you'd think.

This is entirely irrelevant, but noone has said it yet, so I'm compelled to do so.

Of course places aren't as wheelchair friendly as you'd expect - ramps are expensive!

At least, that's what my idol Cave Johnson would say. :D

Cave Johnson quote = Nice.

But actually, I'm surprised that so many places are not wheelchair friendly. This is Seattle. The city goes through a lot of trouble to be people friendly, and then fails in so many other ways like enforcing accessibility. It's...weird.

But I guess that'd be a hard thing to actually accomplish? I should ask my wife who deals with city codes...

E: Probably TMI: If there's a remodel of a building, which is pretty much what happens here, you take a percentage of what you're spending on the remodel and use that for accessibility options - and it's generally up to some city code scale and architect/owner's choice. So while some places may have ramps into the facility, there's nothing saying that they have to have an elevator or any other accessibility option to any other floor. Though if it's a new building, it's a different story. Lame.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Beta_Angel, you're a saint for trying to accommodate so many people. I know exactly how difficult this process can be, and you have nothing but my support for continuing to put the time and effort into planning this thing.

Nothing but love. <3

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    UPDATE

Alright everybody, here's the deal.

----Snippy snip snip

Bottom line is this: Putting on a dinner of this size (anywhere between 100 - 200 people) is difficult, especially in trying to make things work for the various other events (most noticeably the TWDT in the case of the dinner). I have gone over everything we could to figure out the best way to make the Pre-PAX Dinner happen in 2011 and this is the end result.

The Pre-PAX Dinner is for *YOU*. I don't gain anything by trying to get this Dinner off the ground and planned out, other than the joy of meeting fellow PAXers. So I leave it in your hands. At this point, I'm gauging interest. Are either of these (or both) issues deal-breakers for you?

I need to get ticket sales going by the end of this week if you guys want the Dinner to occur.

Sounds like you did everything humanly (if not meta-humanly) possible to make this thing work for the greatest number of people. I, sir, salute you!

This will be my 1st pre-pax dinner (and only my 2nd pax) so I'm excited!

Thank you for all your hard work on this shindig.

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thanks everybody ('specially Arco!!)!!!.

I just heard back from the venue and we're good to go there. When you guys see the food and the price, you're going to go out of your mind. It's insanely cheap for the quality you're going to get (the caterer is a great friend of mine and his food is PHENOM!!)

I'm really excited and thank you all for being so understanding. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This sounds fucking awesome. I've been to PAX a few times before, but this is the first year my girlfriend will be going, and PAX weekend is the weekend of our anniversary (2 years, w00t), so this would be amazing to take her to. I'm definitely keeping my eye on this thread.

JackKieser on

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    the OP was just updated (making post because beta_angel took off without making a notice post ;) )

zerzhul on
    edited July 2011
    Thanks zerzhul...I was in a rush to get to work! ;)

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    What is the venue?

Rayman on
    edited July 2011
    I will update the original post. It will still be 21+, unfortunately.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh sweet, Barca! Place is pretty pimp. Be even more awesome if Slytherin's route starts there.

redhalo on
    edited July 2011
    redhalo wrote: »
    Oh sweet, Barca! Place is pretty pimp. Be even more awesome if Slytherin's route starts there.

I'm going to petition Atlus for just that.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited July 2011
    redhalo wrote: »

I'm going to petition Atlus for just that.

Regardless, I'll be pregaming there for sure. This is going to be a crazy night.

redhalo on
    edited July 2011
    It's definitely going to be a damn good night.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Indeed. Scoping the OP I'm torn between meat and bird group this year.

And if Atlus has the Slytherin route start at Barca, I will be taking up residence there right after I'm settled into the Sheraton that afternoon.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Curses! I was hoping the tickets wouldn't be on sale until next week. Even at $17, money is super tight until next Friday. ...I will hope the 120 won't sell out so quickly.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Done and done. Om nom nom, birdie.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    1 Meat Group reporting for duty.

Being from Kansas City, I simply can't turn down BBQ, even if it's some other region's version of it.

Oh, and I see Barca has Trois Pistoles on tap, it's going to be a good night :^:

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited July 2011
    Curses! I was hoping the tickets wouldn't be on sale until next week. Even at $17, money is super tight until next Friday. ...I will hope the 120 won't sell out so quickly.

If you're worried about getting tickets on time, DM me via twitter and we can work something out.

I can't have a Pre-PAX Dinner with the Captain!!!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

If you're worried about getting tickets on time, DM me via twitter and we can work something out.

I can't have a Pre-PAX Dinner with the Captain!!!

Do you mean without the Captain or do you want him to PM you so that you can be sure he doesn't get a ticket? :P

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited July 2011
    I want *HER* to Pm me so that I can make sure a ticket is procured. :P

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I cannot decide between the 3 groups, damn you for having such a fine selection of food options.

Wormdundee on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I has my chickeny ticket. This was certainly the cheapest meal that I have ever paid for in advance.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited July 2011
    :D This years food selection is a whole lot better than last years.

They're all damn delicious, too.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh, man, oh, man... I can't wait to buy tickets to this. This looks amazing.

...why, oh why must I be working until 8?!?

JackKieser on

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
    edited July 2011
    I'm definitely in for that pulled pork. I didn't realize the upper floor of Barca had that much space. It's looks so small from the main floor. I like that we'll be at one of the stops of the TriWizard tour(most likely) too. Of course with all the drinking that happens soon after I don't know how much I'm going to be doing during dinner :)

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited July 2011
    Cronus, it's like a pre-drinking dinner party.

Get your liver ready for the all out assault later that night!!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited July 2011
    Every year I have no idea how I or anyone I drink with for that matter gets up Friday morning. Especially us who get up early for one reason or another. And now you're just trying to make it that much worse beta.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    Cronus wrote: »
    Every year I have no idea how I or anyone I drink with for that matter gets up Friday morning. Especially us who get up early for one reason or another. And now you're just trying to make it that much worse beta.

Beta has a point though, might as well get primed for the main event while the food is there, as there will be nothing to cushion the blow later in the evening.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited July 2011
    Cronus - It's all about taking your time and getting tanked the right way. :P

BlackDragon agrees!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Anyone wanna meet me outside the venue and just bring me a plate of pasta? :P Job well done, Beta. You all are going to have an amazing time!

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I can haz meat Ticket! nom nom nom! Now all I have to do is figure out the whole drinking v. driving thing ( I simply refuse to do both, might chose neither ) ;)

I'm counting the days.

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Anyone know if this is where Gryffindor's route started last year? That night is...a little fuzzy in my memory, so places and their names didn't quite get linked in my brain.

lemongrenades on
  • blaqueiceblaqueice Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Indeed. Scoping the OP I'm torn between meat and bird group this year.

And if Atlus has the Slytherin route start at Barca, I will be taking up residence there right after I'm settled into the Sheraton that afternoon.

I too was torn. Which is why I made my girlfriend take the chicken option, and I took the meat.
    Mwahaha

blaqueice on
    edited July 2011
    Anyone know if this is where Gryffindor's route started last year? That night is...a little fuzzy in my memory, so places and their names didn't quite get linked in my brain.

Barca was Gryffindor's first bar last year.

redhalo on
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cronus wrote: »

Beta has a point though, might as well get primed for the main event while the food is there, as there will be nothing to cushion the blow later in the evening.

Cronus pace himself?! That I'd like to see...

basicallygeek on
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ooooo man... I wasn't planning on the PPD this year, BUT NOW I AM... This is too awesome to pass up!

Meat group, reporting for duty :D

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
    edited July 2011
    We started with 120 tickets.

We currently have 82.

If you're teetering on the fence, you might wanna just hop off into the awesome side of Pre-PAX Dinnerness.

:D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    shugarae wrote: »
    Ooooo man... I wasn't planning on the PPD this year, BUT NOW I AM... This is too awesome to pass up!

Meat group, reporting for duty :D

Meat group ftw!

basicallygeek on