As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

why do you hurt me, school

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    whooops

um, it totally could have been.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    i am actually doing that, tam! except im going to hand them off in person, since i got receipts/confirmations from all three institutions that they went out in the mail

Kusuguttai on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kuuuusuuuu

i believe in yoooouuuu

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    ugh, the whole college application process is the most outdated shit.

This college handles everything online, including class registration and payment for classes. But when you want transcripts sent anywhere, you gotta mail them a check.

TheStig on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    i am actually doing that, tam! except im going to hand them off in person, since i got receipts/confirmations from all three institutions that they went out in the mail

let me clarify:
    i have receipts / confirmations from FOUR MONTHS AGO that they went out in the mail

Kusuguttai on
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    got a 4 on my AP US exam and then a 5 on my English. Yeah boyeee

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I did nearly all of my university registration online, apart from giving proof of identity in person
    same deal with getting my student loan

marks from last semester: A-s in quantum/cosmology, lab course, and linear algebra, A in physics matlab

pretty happy w/ that

L|ama on
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i have been doing super well on my exams because i am not an idiot

Swill on
    edited July 2011
    quantum-cosmetology sounds like it would be fun.

not sure exactly how that would work though

TheStig on
    edited July 2011
    TheStig wrote: »
    quantum-cosmetology sounds like it would be fun.

not sure exactly how that would work though

the first half of the course was quantum and the second half was cosmology, not much fusion of the two

although we did do a bit of particle physics in the cosmology bit when talking about the early universe so sorta

Arang wrote: »
    My single favorite class of all of junior high was when our chemistry teacher let us throw tiny pebbles of potassium into a tub of water, then when everyone had had a go he threw in everything that was left. He'd made us stand behind a rope probably fifteen feet away, which everyone thought was much too far, but the front row (me included) still got splashed with hot water.

I wanted to be a chemist from that moment and right until I took high school chemistry, which involved no explosions of any kind and lots of math of all the worst kinds. Thanks so much, boring old lady chem teacher!

and I thought the chem majors in my physical chemistry class complaining about the baby quantum mechanics they did was bad!

L|ama on
    edited July 2011
    i said cosmetology :P

TheStig on
    edited July 2011
    i see

at least it's better than my friend who started talking about astrology to troll me

L|ama on
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    I did nearly all of my university registration online, apart from giving proof of identity in person
    same deal with getting my student loan

marks from last semester: A-s in quantum/cosmology, lab course, and linear algebra, A in physics matlab

pretty happy w/ that

I've done nothing in person. All registration was online, same w/ student loan.

Oh, marks from last semester? ended up with a 3.79 because there are no +es on the grade scale, so my 88.5% was still a 'B', and my 99% was still an 'A'. But seriously, if they don't fuck up with your scholarships and they transfer into a real school... CC's seem like the way to go. I might end up with transcripts that make it look like I can do school stuff good and things for when I transfer to complete my degree.

Mr. Buttons on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So how many classes should I take? 4? 5?

Muse Among Men on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    For my scholarship, I basically have to take 5 classes a semester. But if you have the choice, I would say 4. It would give you more time to check out campus stuff.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    edited July 2011
    The web design of the college website is so woefully obtuse. I want flow-chart web design. Or a physical pamphlet to look at, because the physical bounds of the print medium require careful visual planning. Web content is all to frequently seen as an excuse for poor layout. It takes too goddamn long to find things.

I really wish my college had a printed pamphlet of the classes. The website is a bizarre tangle of links.

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    Man, I really hate this registration shit. This is why I have dreams of housewifery. Though I guess that comes with the challenge of conning some poor schmuck into marriage.

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    I would get to cook all day. Except I am terrible at cleaning. So like, half a housewife.

Muse Among Men on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Those last two Muse posts:
    tumblr_lnsegaSEPs1qbhtrto1_500.gif

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I would get to cook all day. Except I am terrible at cleaning. So like, half a housewife.

how wide are your hips

Brolo on
    edited July 2011
    Hips: asian schoolgirl

Not exactly childbearing. I kinda wish though, ladies hatin' on wide hips while I think they are fantastic.

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    So should I be registering for more classes then I need with the hope that I will be lucky to get into enough of them I get the minimum credit number to be a full time student?

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    Yes

TheStig on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

If you like to cook, why not be a chef?

Liiya on
    edited July 2011
    The catalog and the registration system have a contradictory list of classes and what they apply towards for in terms of general requirements. Wonderful.

My friends who are heading into community college have all been told that if they want to get any classes they will need to crash. For like . . . all of them.

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    Liiya wrote: »

Cooking for yourself/family is very different from cooking in a restaurant.

my first major was cheffing, I changed that quickly.
    The catalog and the registration system have a contradictory list of classes and what they apply towards for in terms of general requirements. Wonderful.

My friends who are heading into community college have all been told that if they want to get any classes they will need to crash. For like . . . all of them.

the community colleges in CA are impacted to hell right now, thanks to a cut back in funding and the fact that since everyone is out of a job, they're going back to school.

TheStig on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Liiya wrote: »

Cooking for yourself/family is very different from cooking in a restaurant.

my first major was cheffing, I changed that quickly.

That's true! Less hobby and more stress I imagine.

Liiya on
    edited July 2011
    muse, also this site is good for your friends, and maybe you:
    http://www.assist.org/web-assist/welcome.html

TheStig on
    edited July 2011
    Man, I think I should just wait for the orientation and not even bother trying to put a schedule together. The registration website, catalogue, and AP equivalency chart aren't synced at all.

"You girl you gotta take this class except it isn't listed on the registry of classes"

"Check it your AP score is equal to this class that no longer exists"

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    You should see a counselor.

Write down a bunch of questions before you go.

TheStig on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Why would anyone (other than literary masochists) willing read Atlas Shrugged? You should know better, Orikae. :(

Hacksaw on
    edited July 2011

the community colleges in CA are impacted to hell right now, thanks to a cut back in funding and the fact that since everyone is out of a job, they're going back to school.

This was my main reason for not heading into one. Too many people I know only getting like, 2/3 classes. Or this one girl I'd known who come in to give a presentation on why CC would be a good idea up until someone asked her how many classes she'd been able to get.

None.

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    Well she shoulda joined the military, then she wouldn't have that problem!

TheStig on
    edited July 2011
    Smart girl too. A shaaaame.

My mom is trying to explain the American higher education system to my Brasilian godmother and it is going terribly.

"That is a terrible system the Brasilian system is so much better how does anyone get anything done that doesn't sound useful at all where is the focus no no don't you think I know this already look you are misinformed I read that no that isn't right listen to me agakajghadh."

Each time she comes she just ends up bitching about how Brasil is so much better than America, her biggest qualm this time around is how everything is made in China and just how could they? If you don't like a country don't visit it. And if you must, at least be a gracious guest.

Muse Among Men on
    edited July 2011
    You should tell her to love it, or leave it.

TheStig on
    edited July 2011
    Especially right after July 4th. I am admittedly a lazy, sappy patriot so of course I don't like hearing it.

And then there is the fact that she lives at the base of the goddamn giant Jesus statue, she is far from the crummy sections of Rio De Janeiro. She's viewing everything through the lens of a uniquely privileged Brasilian citizen who rarely steps foot outside of her safe, pretty, tourist-friendly haven.

And she wants to take me on a trip. I am terrified that it will come to pass. I don't know how well I can tolerate her by myself for more than a few hours.

Muse Among Men on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Say no

Oghulk on
    edited July 2011
    Say yes and bitch the whole time.

TheStig on
    edited July 2011
    Yeah my mom doesn't want me going either so she has spinned a hell of a yarn so I don't have to go. She can scarcely tolerate this woman either.

Muse Among Men on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    just show her your post history here and your ideas for gay WWII sex dramas, and I'm sure she'll reconsider the invite

Brolo on
This discussion has been closed.