As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »
    Kuhlmeye tied up the vote and gave the mafia some trickle down kills, which also negated a guard that had been placed on B:L. Kuhlmeye deserves to be voted out as an example so that nobody ever does that again. (Also, so that we don't spend the next 3 days debating his mafianess before finally voting him out anyway.)

All that said, Simonwolf for second place in case of trickle. On a hunch.

I'm dubious of both your reasoning and your hunches. ++suspicion on Feckless rogue.

Too much stupid and sheeping today IMO, not enough digging. Won't give us much to work with tomorrow if we end up with more dead villagers.

Please, tell us what we should be looking into when analyzing the chaos of Day 1.

Well, I already posted the vote list from yesterday. Often a somewhat canny mafia will try to spread itself out to try to avoid easy detection, particularly when there are no mafiaoso up for the chopping block. This can make it so the mafia are more detectable under certain circumstances, such as like when you have a major bandwagon on a villager where the bulk of the dead are already cleared as being villagers, which makes it a bit more likely that the remnants are mafia.

I put my vote on jaysonfour because he helped put B:L and kime in the tie that actually resulted in multiple villagers getting voted off. Plus he doesn't have the normal tourettes that he often has when he is a villager. Witchdoctor was the other guy on the B:L bandwagon and he's also uncleared, and we don't know anything about most of the other folks on the kime, stever, and warban wagons.

Savant on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Post 482, right at 12am exactly, Kuhlmeye tied the top vote. The vote only kills, if I'm not mistaken, one person. By tying it, it killed two minimum. That's already suspicious shenanigans.

But somehow, the Mafia had the sense to kill both top targets, causing the vote to trickle down past those people Kuhlmeye tied for 1st at exactly 12am and onto those tied for 3rd who then both ate an unguardable vote. What about that is not worthy of the vote?

That said, I do like your reasoning on JaysonFour. Maybe if the vig is paying attention they do too.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Post 482, right at 12am exactly, Kuhlmeye tied the top vote. The vote only kills, if I'm not mistaken, one person. By tying it, it killed two minimum. That's already suspicious shenanigans.

But somehow, the Mafia had the sense to kill both top targets, causing the vote to trickle down past those people Kuhlmeye tied for 1st at exactly 12am and onto those tied for 3rd who then both ate an unguardable vote. What about that is not worthy of the vote?

That said, I do like your reasoning on JaysonFour. Maybe if the vig is paying attention they do too.

The fact that Warban and Steever were tied is irrelevant to the trickle and subsequent deaths of Kime and B:L. Consider what would have happened if Kuhlmeye had not tied the vote. This consideration shouldn't take very long, because the answer is exactly the same thing. Thus, Kuhlmeye's tie-making vote was irrelevant to the mafia's plan and if Kuhlmeye were a member of the mafia he would have known this and had no reason to expose himself.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hmmm... I had been thinking about that backwards. You're right. That's a good point. I still think tying it was a weird move to make, but you're right that there would be no benefit to a mafioso doing that. If I had voted for him, I'm unvote and go with someone else.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    you have to make another vote for an unvote or use bold lime to retract i believe?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    so I tried to post this earlier.

goodjesus what the hell happened while I was asleep.

Kuhlmeye's move last night was suspicious. Granted. But then again I can't, and won't, necessarily speak on his overall suspiciousness because I always find him to be shady. Always. I'm fairly certain that if I were to play as masons with Kuhl I'd probably still be suspicious.

Spectre is being Spectre. He's brash, abrasive, tends to be rude, but he really does work for the villages interests most of the time.

Anybody that says there's no information to be gained from Day One needs to be beaten into a stupid pulp.

And they might have been shenanigans (back to Kuhl for a moment) but they might not have. How many of you have barely had a chance to catch up, saw a name in red, and then voted for that person because obviously if they're getting votes at the end of the day, that must be the wagon. last night around vote close was moving fairly quickly, and it was possible to miss votes.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's a possibility.

Therefore, at this moment, I will go with my gut.

!Lucedes

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    While I am of the opinion that it is not such a bad idea to have tied votes at this stage of the game (especially when we know exactly what is going to happen in the case of a tie, thanks to GM Clarification), I am also fully aware that it is an incredibly unpopular opinion and tying the vote that blatantly (in the absolute last minute) would nearly guarantee me a lynching care of the mob.

I also am very sure that kuhlmeye is aware of this end as well. Which leads me to be very suspicious of his intentions. I may have missed it, since I've just been skimming to catch up, but has he explained why he tied the vote at the last minute like that?

I'm aware that his tying the vote didn't actually impact anything--the Mafia were killing the top two vote-earners in order to get at the juicy Third Place Tie. Really, for the price of their two kills, they bought an extra kill hassle-free! Crafty, crafty Mafia.

What I'm really interested in, however, is how that Third Place Tie came to be. For much of the day, kime had four votes sitting on him (Drez, 101, Element Brian, Honk), with the last vote on him coming around 7.5 hours before vote close. What's interersting here is that this created a three-way tie for first place (kime, stever777, warban)... but it was so far before vote close, I don't know that it's really that suspicious. I just think that's the most suspicious thing about Honk's vote.

What's more interesting, however, is the vote that brought B:L into a tie with kime for that Third Place Tie. Stever777 brought B:L up to 3, in a retaliatory vote, but he's been verified as a Villager, so we don't have to look there. But, JaysonFour votes for B:L for no reason, claiming video games as a distraction, bringing B:L tied with kime for Third Place with slightly over two hours to vote close.

Today he hasn't voted yet, so I can't comment there, but for the creation of the Third Place Tie (at a time that is close to vote close and where Mafia might send in their final kill orders), I feel I must vote for JaysonFour.

Now, this vote is basically a drop in the pond. kuhlmeye's got a 18 to 9 lead over TehSpectre and my vote (as of when I started typing this) will only bring JaysonFour to a grand total of 3, but I don't really believe either of the two leaders are Mafia. (For the record, simonwolf is in 3rd place with 5 votes.)

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    you have to make another vote for an unvote or use bold lime to retract i believe?

That is correct, yes.

Since you've discovered the Magic Box, are you still requiring Retractions?

I'm just wondering if I should be ignoring counting votes that are simply re-votes without retractions or not.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And with that, I'm out for the night. Hope to see you guys tomorrow!

LaOs on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I agree that the current bandwagon is a bit silly and that we should be looking at who tied the third and fourth place kills, not the top two.

jasonfour

This late in the day it is pretty much a lock that kuhlmeye is going to die, so at least we will get some information from his (ig)noble sacrifice.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I keep getting Jason Todd and JaysonFour mixed up.

but as others have pointed out, the real shenanigans occurred in creating the third place tie. So while I doubt this will swing things back this late with as big a lead as he has now, I do want to throw my suspicions off !kuhlmeye and onto !JaysonFour.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    and now, i'm going out shopping.

don't do anything crazy or stupid.

there's 2.5 hours ish left.

Try not to break the place too badly, ok?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I've been convinced of the suspiciousness of JaysonFour, although who knows if it matters at this stage.

Greeper on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am good with a Vig hitting Jayson Four tonight.

I am far too deep to go back on my gut now, but he strikes me as a decent target.

If the other vig wants to hit me, so be it. Unless Kuhl is mafia, I dont see them killing me because I usually get voted out a few days in.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I saw Horrible Bosses tonight, btw.

It was pretty funny.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'll go with the random jaysonfour bandwagon over the other random bandwagons

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    so I tried to post this earlier.

goodjesus what the hell happened while I was asleep.

Kuhlmeye's move last night was suspicious. Granted. But then again I can't, and won't, necessarily speak on his overall suspiciousness because I always find him to be shady. Always. I'm fairly certain that if I were to play as masons with Kuhl I'd probably still be suspicious.

Spectre is being Spectre. He's brash, abrasive, tends to be rude, but he really does work for the villages interests most of the time.

Anybody that says there's no information to be gained from Day One needs to be beaten into a stupid pulp.

And they might have been shenanigans (back to Kuhl for a moment) but they might not have. How many of you have barely had a chance to catch up, saw a name in red, and then voted for that person because obviously if they're getting votes at the end of the day, that must be the wagon. last night around vote close was moving fairly quickly, and it was possible to miss votes.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's a possibility.

Therefore, at this moment, I will go with my gut.

!Lucedes

I wish there was a shifty eyes smiley to respond to this with.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »

It was pretty funny.

I want to see that, it looks pretty funny from the trailers. Plus, Jason Bateman is awesome.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also, retract lemming and vote jayson4, purely out of self preservation.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kuhlmeye wrote: »

It was pretty funny.

I want to see that, it looks pretty funny from the trailers. Plus, Charlie Day is awesome.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh my god, so much reading D:

Hmm, from what I see, !kuhlmeye, if evil, would be kinda stupid to stick his neck out by making that tie vote if the mafia were already going to kill the dudes anyways. The vote shenanigans would be a lot more indicative of a mafia if kuhlmeye had no clue what the other mafia were doing. Is that the argument? Because it makes sense.

The glorious magic box gives the vote as:

kuhlmeye: 16 (TehSpectre, LemmingHead, romanqwerty, Wandering Hero, Witch Doctor, DBM, Cythraul, AngryPuppy, TehSloth, DasUberEdward, Langly, 101, Raiden333, pablo_price, Farangu, Oats, Drez)
    TehSpectre: 10 (cj iwakura, Asiina, Jason Todd, JebusUD, Thomamelas, Dread Pirate Arbuthnot, 21stCentury, Turkson, Baidol, evilbob)
    JaysonFour: 8 (Egos, Savant, LaOs, Elldren, chamberlain, Greeper, ShadowThomas, kuhlmeye)
    simonwolf: 6 (Honk, simonwolf, Void Slayer, Phyphor, The Cow King, FecklessRogue)

So, I think I'll vote for !JaysonFour, because Spectre can be excused for jumping on kuhlmeye. I did the same thing when I saw kuhl's vote shenanigans.

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think that's a good point. !retract kuhlmyeye and !JaysonFour.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I just got that much closer to getting voted out.

It's too late in the day to kill Jayson. You guys might as well be voting me.

Consider that you are making another tie or close tie.

Silly move.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hey, how about whoever gets voted out, let's be sure that second place isn't a tie? Sound good? Ready, break!

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    As long as there are no ties or close ties.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Huh. A J4 wagon, wow, such an... obvious mafia ploy.

I'm suspicious, I get that. But I'll kuhlmeye because he was the one who started this whole mess by tying the vote. Why would he tie the vote if he didn't have prior knowledge of what the mafia was going to do? Every vanillager knows tying the vote this early in the game is a dumb move. So I can only see kuhl's name coming up red.

If I die tonight, well, look at the people piling on to me late- with the vig inactive, the mafia will think it me (not very active, usually just vote), so they want to try to steer the vote somewhere else and save kuhlmeye.

But I'll come up vanillager, just like usual.

And yeah, inactive vig? Don't do that. Please either play the game or withdraw so someone else can play.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    One of us is mafia.

I hope all 3 of us get vigged/voted, honestly.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    One of us is mafia.

how do you know that? We didn't know if a tie would do anything special, and if it were me I would pop into the thread at midnight, vote for some random person with a lot of votes, and then pretend I knew what I was doing when it caused a tie.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Huh. A J4 wagon, wow, such an... obvious mafia ploy.

I'm suspicious, I get that. But I'll kuhlmeye because he was the one who started this whole mess by tying the vote. Why would he tie the vote if he didn't have prior knowledge of what the mafia was going to do? Every vanillager knows tying the vote this early in the game is a dumb move. So I can only see kuhl's name coming up red.

If I die tonight, well, look at the people piling on to me late- with the vig inactive, the mafia will think it me (not very active, usually just vote), so they want to try to steer the vote somewhere else and save kuhlmeye.

But I'll come up vanillager, just like usual.

And yeah, inactive vig? Don't do that. Please either play the game or withdraw so someone else can play.

Why would I tie the vote if I did have prior knowledge that the mafia was already killing the top two?

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    One of us is mafia.

how do you know that? We didn't know if a tie would do anything special, and if it were me I would pop into the thread at midnight, vote for some random person with a lot of votes, and then pretend I knew what I was doing when it caused a tie.
    99% of phalla games kill both people who are involved in a tie in my experience.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If anyone's paying attention to the magic box, ties appear to be popping up. As was suggested, a guard may want to get involved to avoid shenanigans.

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    One of us is mafia.

99% of phalla games kill both people who are involved in a tie in my experience.

I decided via RNG once.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Cythraul wrote: »
    If anyone's paying attention to the magic box, ties appear to be popping up. As was suggested, a guard may want to get involved to avoid shenanigans.
    Howabout we don't create ties?

That would also fix shenanigans.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Because it would set up a four-kill combo. Most everyone knows tie votes result in both people getting killed. Since we can obviously figure out that vigs are coming before the vote kill, and that the vote trickles, making ties is in the mafia's best interest so they can get rid of more vanillagers and specials per day. It's happening again tonight- I would bet if kuhl is village (which I highly doubt), he'll get mafia'd and Spectre and I will end up tied for the vote. We both go down, mafia cheers, I roll my eyes and go do something else.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Seriously.

Let's not tie shit again.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Exactly. A guard would help prevent that is all I'm saying.

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    One of us is mafia.

there was one game I thing I had designed that killed not only the people who were tied, but also the tying vote caster.

One hour left.

I'm still not sure on Spectre.

But then, I always want him to be good. Always.

What was the argument against Jayson?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Eh, I'm not too keen on the guard hitting any of us.

We just need to avoid a tie. It is the smarter choice.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kuhlmeye because ties are bad.

daniant on