As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Why are you just now getting suspicious of me? The hell.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Goody gumdrops, I have lots of contacts now. Now we've got to figure out which of you fine gentlemen get the axe tonight. I'm open for suggestions by the way.

Savant on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    I suggest changing the axe to a blunt butter knife.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Should villagers contact you or just specials?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011
    I would suggest looking at the people who have votes on them today and decide from the lot, Savant.

I would consider myself a waste at this point, but I am in the lot, so look at me as well.

I still like the LaOs option, personally. But I don't really have anything to back it up.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Let's try to avoid close late-day shenanigans.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Why would this matter? Everyone in the game would just contact him to say "Hey, I'm a villager!" including the mafia.

There's no real point unless you think you have top secret info that the mafia would use to kill you or something?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Why would this matter? Everyone in the game would just contact him to say "Hey, I'm a villager!" including the mafia.

There's no real point unless you think you have top secret info that the mafia would use to kill you or something?

good point, I'm an idiot

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There's a difference between dislike and suspicion. Some folk are still trying to differentiate.

Farangu on
    edited July 2011
    @Elldren - Nah.

@Fara - I like you. If I am mafia, I promise not to kill you for at least 2 more days.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    One of us is mafia.

I hope all 3 of us get vigged/voted, honestly.

how do you know that? We didn't know if a tie would do anything special, and if it were me I would pop into the thread at midnight, vote for some random person with a lot of votes, and then pretend I knew what I was doing when it caused a tie.
    99% of phalla games kill both people who are involved in a tie in my experience.

there was one game I thing I had designed that killed not only the people who were tied, but also the tying vote caster.

One hour left.

I'm still not sure on Spectre.

But then, I always want him to be good. Always.

What was the argument against Jayson?

Jayson's vote created the third-place tie last night.

I would say that this is a pretty good example of a mafia trying to pull a fast one, right here. It wasn't me who created the tie last night, it was kuhlmeye. Not to mention it's kind of odd to blame the guy who wasn't around for a good chunk of the day after he voted and accuse him of stuff that went down while he wasn't actually around.

So while it won't make a whit of difference, I'll vote Elldren because I'm fairly certain they're mafia. Outright lying is a pretty good sign, I would take it?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I remain extremely suspicious of TehSpectre but I'll admit that he was only the first of many to draw a blatantly incorrect conclusion about Kuhlmeye.

I'll vote for !JaysonFour, not as a placeholder. According to LaOs's analysis he created the Kime-B:L tie, which is suspicious enough without any other leads to follow (since I don't think a TehSpectre bandwagon is going to form up).

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2011
    It is still early, Todd.

I usually don't get voted out for another day or two anyway.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I'm just going on LaOs's analysis.

kuhlmeye created a first place tie. A first place tie which didn't matter because both people in first place got mafia'd.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2011
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    One of us is mafia.

I hope all 3 of us get vigged/voted, honestly.

how do you know that? We didn't know if a tie would do anything special, and if it were me I would pop into the thread at midnight, vote for some random person with a lot of votes, and then pretend I knew what I was doing when it caused a tie.
    99% of phalla games kill both people who are involved in a tie in my experience.

there was one game I thing I had designed that killed not only the people who were tied, but also the tying vote caster.

One hour left.

I'm still not sure on Spectre.

But then, I always want him to be good. Always.

What was the argument against Jayson?

Jayson's vote created the third-place tie last night.

I would say that this is a pretty good example of a mafia trying to pull a fast one, right here. It wasn't me who created the tie last night, it was kuhlmeye. Not to mention it's kind of odd to blame the guy who wasn't around for a good chunk of the day after he voted and accuse him of stuff that went down while he wasn't actually around.

So while it won't make a whit of difference, I'll vote Elldren because I'm fairly certain they're mafia. Outright lying is a pretty good sign, I would take it?

You're accused of creating the tie between Kime and B:L in third place, not the tie between Warban and Steever. Meaning you created the tie that actually wound up mattering.

LaOs has a long post about it somewhere.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2011

If you have information you can feel free to tell me, but presumably both the mafia and villagers would contact me just saying "I'm a villager". The mafia could take a risk and do a false claim to be a special to try to infiltrate the network, but with how public all the kills and guards our they would have to hope that I was stupid enough to hand them the network without confirming them first. Especially if there are multiple claims of overlapping specials I would know someone was lying and know who to focus on for further confirmation.

My main recommendation so far would be to try to watch out for ties. Since I'm more or less confirmed the mafia is going to be watching what I say like a hawk, and it's best if we can get them to implicate themselves as much as possible with their actions, or failing that make them play very conservatively so they can't use their numbers to sway the vote too much.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    Savant, quit hogging all the guards.

Jerk.

Yours truly,

Sir TehSpectre Esq.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hopefully, you are testing each person contacting you by giving them specific targets, yes?

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    !jaysonfour

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    At least our guards are in communication - unless it was extreme luck.

Also JaysonFour

(I haven't been paying too much attention so far, kinda tied up in another phalla.)

101 on
    edited July 2011
    That is the worst excuse, 101.

Are we not important to you? Are our lives nothing?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    !JaysonFour

Thomamelas on
    edited July 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    Hopefully, you are testing each person contacting you by giving them specific targets, yes?

More or less. I'm not going to detail the process exactly but I'll be confirming the specials who contacted me.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    So many one word vote-posts.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Actually I'm going to retract my vote for TehSpectre for now.

Just checked the magic box and saw I created a tie in second place.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So many one word vote-posts.

Still observing for now.

Thomamelas on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That is the worst excuse, 101.

Are we not important to you? Are our lives nothing?

well, unless you're a special we're all cannon fodder!

101 on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    I remain extremely suspicious of TehSpectre but I'll admit that he was only the first of many to draw a blatantly incorrect conclusion about Kuhlmeye.

I'll vote for !JaysonFour, not as a placeholder. According to LaOs's analysis he created the Kime-B:L tie, which is suspicious enough without any other leads to follow (since I don't think a TehSpectre bandwagon is going to form up).

So, wait, you're suspicious of TehSpectre because he called Kuhlmeye out for tying the vote, and you're voting for JaysonFour because he created a tie?

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited July 2011
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Ten mafia? Good grief, that's a lot.

I would think a good place to start looking for mafia would be the psuedo-wagon that almost got me and Spectre tied up last night. Personally, I believe it was a fishing expedition by the mafia to look for the inactive vig that didn't fire on Night 1 (may you be hit with a large pigeon from two stories up, by the way).

If we do some digging into that late-night bandwagon, I'm sure we'll find a few mafia in there.

Sigh, it is really annoying how much you lack self awareness in phalla. There could be mafia who jumped on board your bandwagon, but I was one of the people who started it because there were legitimate reasons to suspect you for your day 1 actions, more so than there were for kuhlmeye.

Don't take this as an endorsement to bandwagon or not you today, but just because people suspect you doesn't mean that they are mafia.

Savant on
  • FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Guess we're all piling on the JaysonFour wagon. Weeeeeeeeee.

While we do that, let's play a fun game. It's called find somebody who has been posting as little as possible to avoid suspicion and saying things that don't draw attention to themselves. That's what we might call mafia-suspicious. I'll start.

Go on the magic box and read Farangu's posts. I'll wait, there's only a couple. Does they seem villager-suspicious or mafia-suspicious? I know they seem mafia-suspicious to me.

FecklessRogue on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    JaysonFour got into a fight with a baby

simonwolf on
    edited July 2011
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Jason Todd wrote: »

So, wait, you're suspicious of TehSpectre because he called Kuhlmeye out for tying the vote, and you're voting for JaysonFour because he created a tie?

The tie which Kuhlmeye created was irrelevant and had no effect on the outcome of the night.

The tie which JaysonFour created allowed the mafia shenanigans which killed Kime and B:L.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    !JaysonFour

Going to be away around deadline for the next few days. Stupid timezones.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh, I dunno, !Jaysonfour I guess.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Stupid slowing forum made my bolding edit go in too late. So !Jaysonfour.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Unless I'm mistaken are we voting for jaysonfour because of a tie from two days ago?

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited July 2011
    Unless I'm mistaken are we voting for jaysonfour because of a tie from two days ago?

That seems to be the main reasoning for it, yes. I'm a bit less convinced of it than last night, but it is something that was genuinely suspicious.

Savant on
    edited July 2011

As I understand it, Savant put his name forward as a suspect because he was part of the Day 1 bandwagon against B:L which created the tie onto which the mafia trickled the vote. Witch Doctor was also part of that bandwagon. However, later analysis by LaOs showed that it was JaysonFour's vote which actually created the tie between B:L and Kime, thus implicating him more strongly than Witch Doctor.

In essence, we're still tying up loose ends from the Night 1 debacle.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Finally back in town.

B:L was clearly the target of that vote trickling plot. I think witchdoctor would be a decent second place.

Teucrian on
    edited July 2011
    SHAKING THE BUSH!

I'm going to vote for pablo_price for now, I don't like his vote record and he's been sort of under the radar. I'd like to hear any defenses if he cares to offer them.

Savant on