As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

why do you hurt me, school

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    hey

hey

I still posit that is is a good idea. And it would be bisexual. Sexy Red Cross nurse bitches.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I want to be a househusband.

The best part is, as a male, I wouldn't actually be expected to clean or cook very well! So I'd basically just sit at home all day while the wife goes out and earns money for me.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I want to be the dumb husband that can't do anything right, like in every commercial ever.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    BAM results are out. Straight HDs, 3 marks above 90.

I am so damn awesome I can hardly believe it.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    TheStig wrote: »
    I want to be the dumb husband that can't do anything right, like in every commercial ever.

i cannot find a brian regan clip that would go perfectly with this

fuck you, internet

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I went to orientation this week, which was (kind of surprisingly) pretty good!

I'm kind of tempted to pursue a double major in English & Biology instead of just English, although I don't even know if that's a thing that's done or if I could do it under four years or what.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh I also have 9 o'clock or so classes most days of the week. Did I make a big mistake?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Wait they're out?
    I thought it was tomorrow. I guess I'll look. Oh god.

Woohoo!
    FIT1008 96 and ATS2171 85.

Glad.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    For me the biggest problem with 9am starts is the traffic. A lot of people can't handle the early start but most of them just need to harden the fuck up.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Wait they're out?

Woohoo!

Glad.

Hahaha you may have beaten me in the joker prac count but I got a 99 for 1008. :V

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

fuck you, internet

I think i know the one you're talking about

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Wait they're out?

Woohoo!

Glad.

Hahaha you may have beaten me in the joker prac count but I got a 99 for 1008. :V

Damnit!

I thought you dropped more than 1% marks on the mid semester?
    I want bonus marks.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I'm kind of tempted to pursue a double major in English & Biology instead of just English, although I don't even know if that's a thing that's done or if I could do it under four years or what.

You can totally pull of a double major in fours years, you just have to dedicate yourself to it & be really good at scheduling needed courses early on in your college education.

The trouble comes when you are near the end of your sophomore year, and either don't know what you want to major in or you suddenly change your major.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, I think I should just wait for the orientation and not even bother trying to put a schedule together. The registration website, catalogue, and AP equivalency chart aren't synced at all.

"You girl you gotta take this class except it isn't listed on the registry of classes"

"Check it your AP score is equal to this class that no longer exists"

Yeah, this is how it worked for me during UCF's orientation; they set us up with counselors who helped us set up our classes.

I'm not sure if your school does the same thing though, so you might want to check.

Also, if this is the case, make sure to double check whatever schedule your counselor helps you set up; mine managed to fuck me up pretty good, and I spent my first two semesters trying to fix everything.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

fuck you, internet

Dammit now I'm staying up even later because I'm listening to new Brian Regan material.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Earliest class for fall semester is 8. Woot woot.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I am so glad I haven't had a class before 9am these last two semesters.

A couple of years back in my old course I had an 8am lecture that lasted 3 hours with the most boring lecturer imaginable. I can read the slides myself at home, stop this.

I used to go because he'd drop hints for the exam and some other stuff, but his teaching was the incredibly uninspiring. Slept through most of it, but managed to wake up at the correct times to hear hints.

8 is the earliest they ever schedule classes here by the way.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I had a 7 am class last semester.
    Never doing that again.

TheStig on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I had a 7 am class last semester.
    Never doing that again.

I'm doing that right now. It's suuuuper fun.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I don't think I've seen anything before 9am in my new faculty even available.
    I figure it is because all the lecturers hate it as well and feel silly lecturing a class with a much lower than normal attendance rate.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ive got 10am starts every day

its nice & consistent

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Still waiting on my timetable, I need like 1 of 5 different things to go my way, and I'll be able to swing just Monday - > Thursday.

Last semester was the same, but all 5 fell through and I spent a day making phonecalls and sending polite emails to get my way.

Once I had it all sorted (this is all after we put through preferences, get auto assigned and then can manually shuffle ourselves where there is room) one of my lecturers tells me that we have to make sure our lecture is before our tute every week. After people had already been shuffling themselves for a good day or so and managed to fill all the classes to capacity so no one could move an inch.

F5ing that page for a good two hours, then I took a nap, woke up again and F5ed some more and got it sorted. Kind of annoying to not let people know how they need to structure their week until after the allocations are meant to be done.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

If you're doing something like english and biology you'll probably want to consider taking summer classes, otherwise your semesters will be filled to the brim with both classes and labs every semester; resulting in you dropping one of the two and/or going insane.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    CptKemzik wrote: »

If you're doing something like english and biology you'll probably want to consider taking summer classes, otherwise your semesters will be filled to the brim with both classes and labs every semester; resulting in you dropping one of the two and/or going insane.

Yeah this is a concern. If I do it I'll probably also have to kiss any study abroad plans goodbye.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It is easier to double major when the two have overlapping courses, but that is not the case with you.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Double majoring in a theoretical-based field and a practical-based field sucked.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Music Ed and phsysics/chem/mathematics (haven't decided)

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    HellaJeff that sounds painful, particularly because of the education degree requirements.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The friends I had in college doing music education had their hands full.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ya, its kinda what I want to do though. The other degree is required by the parents for their help/support

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Good luck.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks! I also enjoy all the work. So that really helps

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Major in Mathemagicks

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    OtarOtar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Whoo, summer courses are over, got a 4.0, and finally time to relax... ololol wait surprise MCAT in a month and working 55+ hours a week.

Otar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Been thinking of this thread title as, "Why do you chase me, Mechanical School? WHY?"

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Major in Mathemagicks

Mathematics starts to look like magic after a while

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Gonna try so hard to avoid any math from now on.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yesss, this is how we keep our secrets

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The secret
    Booze is the solution

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have to wake up early to get to orientation. Obviously, what this means is late night coffee. Guys if you don't wish me luck I just don't know what I will do . . . I will punch a bro.

Guys, I just want to make flouncy outfits for strippers :(

Muse Among Men on
This discussion has been closed.