As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Project Sylpheed coming to US (360)

BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
http://xboxyde.com/news_4165_en.html
project sylpheed and vampire's rain are both coming to the us for the 360 this summer.

YES!

i remember seeing vids of this awhile ago and drooling over it. i LOVE space dogfighting games, especially those that are macross games, or macross clones. this seems to be closer to the latter, especially in terms of crazy missile volleys.

1006_0005.jpg

1006_0006.jpg

link to some vids:
http://xboxyde.com/game_1006_en.html

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
BaronVonSnakPak on

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Silpheed on the Sega CD was really fun.

I look forward to this game and will likely buy it.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • The Burnin8orThe Burnin8or Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Good news, I'm looking forward to Project Syplheed.

From some things I read about Vampire Rain, it seemed like a somewhat flawed, but interesting game, so I am glad to hear that's coming as well, if for nothing else but an easy chance to check it out . .

The Burnin8or on
  • SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Interesting, I take it that we E.U citizens will get to play this as well then? I've been hankering for a space shooter for quite a while.

Silpheed on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    im sooo glad to see this coming over. i got a look at it at the tokyo game show, and it is simply glorious.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That is a really pretty game. How does it play?

bruin on
  • DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That looks awesome. My 360 is dying for a flying game. I was thinking of getting Battlestation Midway, but I might wait for this instead.

DesertBox on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Holy crap cluttered screen. D: Does look cool, though.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Come to Europe baby, come to Europe.

Or just be all easy and region-free.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • KNYTEKNYTE Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Nice, hopefully it's fun.

KNYTE on
    The best defense is a good offense.

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms, history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall"
    - Adolf Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938.
  • sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Between this and Ace Combat, I might not even miss Crimson Skies...
    liez. give me crimson skies 360 asap.

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Also, Project Sylph seems to only be priced at $39.99, as of right now.

Bonus +2

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Has there been any discussion of a Crimson Skies 360? Did the Xbox one sell enough to merit a sequel? Man I loved that game.

On-topic, I am stoked for Slypheed. For probably the last ten years I thought the first title was 'Slipheed' and not 'Silpheed'. Yay for expanding my horizons.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.
    edited April 2007
    We used to have a customer looking for more games that were like "Sliphead."

Shadowfire on
    edited June 2007
    Necropost because the demo hit XBL today.

It's pretty, but I think I need to play the tutorial. It's also unstable... I've failed the mission twice, and both times the system has locked up as soon as "Mission Failed" appears.

Shadowfire on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sure looks different than the Silpheeds I've known... did GameArts even develop it?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Sure looks different than the Silpheeds I've known... did GameArts even develop it?
    Yep, being developed by GameArts and published by SquareEnix.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • NexusSixNexusSix Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Has there been any discussion of a Crimson Skies 360? Did the Xbox one sell enough to merit a sequel? Man I loved that game.

I've seen it mentioned 2 or 3 times in OXM so far this year. It's supposedly in the works, but no "official" announcements as of yet. I'm hoping we get a proper sequel--that game was a blast.

Also: yes, more spacefighters, please. LucasArts, get of your collective fucking asses and get busy on that MMO Imperial Navy vs. Rebel Fleet game I've been fatasizing about for the last 5 years.

NexusSix on
    REASON - Version 1.0B7 Gatling type 3 mm hypervelocity railgun system
    Ng Security Industries, Inc.
    PRERELEASE VERSION-NOT FOR FIELD USE - DO NOT TEST IN A POPULATED AREA
    -ULTIMA RATIO REGUM-
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mordrack wrote: »

That's a good sign, but then, it's not like that company has much else to do.
    Where's. My. Lunar. 3.

I'd like to think WD'd be publishing this if they were still around. I think they had the rights to the series.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

Where's. My. Lunar. 3.

I'd like to think WD'd be publishing this if they were still around. I think they had the rights to the series.

I'd like to think WD is dead and will never translate another game and that we're all better off for it.

Still though, GA needs to make another Lunar.

Vincent Grayson on
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Where's. My. Lunar. 3.

Heh, I want a new Thexder myself. At least Sylpheed is a step in the right direction.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love that second screen. Like, "no shit" Warning. :) Also, I think our guy enjoyed it alright at TGS. The demo should be up now or soon, so I'll have to check it out.
    Heh, I want a new Thexder myself.

Oh gods no. Thexder, the original, not the crappy remake, was like a punishment forged in some dark laboratory. I always knew when I got to the cave level, my game was soon to end.

etoychest on
    edited June 2007

Where's. My. Lunar. 3.

I'd like to think WD is dead and will never translate another game and that we're all better off for it.

All the pieces were in place for Genesis/Dragon Song to be really good. I don't know where they went wrong.

And love them or hate them, back in the day, WD brought us games that no one else ever would have.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2007

Where's. My. Lunar. 3.

All the pieces were in place for Genesis/Dragon Song to be really good. I don't know where they went wrong.

And love them or hate them, back in the day, WD brought us games that no one else ever would have.

True, but now they're dead, and there's plenty of companies willing to bring us obscure games without taking 5 years and adding references to delicious cereal and other absurd bits of pop culture.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited June 2007
    Its gonna be $40, so that makes it even better. This will definitely fill a void in my 360 library

EDIT: filled the void in my sentence

DesertBox on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DesertBox wrote: »
    Its gonna be $40, so that makes it even better. This will definitely a void in my 360 library
    there appears to be a void in your sentence there. hahahahaha!!!

ahem, anyway...game looks sweet, and is a no-brainer for $40. i never played any of the great PC space-shooters, but i did love colony wars. hopefully this will be like that, but even better.

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited June 2007
    So, is the demo good?

Vincent Grayson on
    edited June 2007
    Yes, Houk, you're very clever. :P

Also, can someone say if the demo is promising since I won't be able to play it for another 12 hours, at least.

DesertBox on
    edited June 2007
    DesertBox wrote: »
    Yes, Houk, you're very clever. :P

Also, can someone say if the demo is promising since I won't be able to play it for another 12 hours, at least.
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Necropost because the demo hit XBL today.

It's pretty, but I think I need to play the tutorial. It's also unstable... I've failed the mission twice, and both times the system has locked up as soon as "Mission Failed" appears.

It's not shabby. There is a little too much going on at any given time though... it's hard to keep focused on which are enemies, which are friends, and which are missiles about to blow the fuck out of your ship. Still, it seems like a solid $40 buy.

Also, crappy anime voice actors.

Shadowfire on
  • HAKdragonHAKdragon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow, enemy battlecrusiers are really pretty when they blow up. Maybe it's just me, but the game seemed to have some slow down issues, but it's still very fun and pretty.

HAKdragon on
    hakdragon.png
  • BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    shit tons of slow down, firing missiles takes an eternity, the ship is sluggish, and the whole time i had no idea who to shoot at and who was shooting at me.

its pretty. but its also pretty bad, which is really sad. wooo i rhyme.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    shit tons of slow down, firing missiles takes an eternity, the ship is sluggish, and the whole time i had no idea who to shoot at and who was shooting at me.

its pretty. but its also pretty bad, which is really sad. wooo i rhyme.

Sadly, I must agree. These trailers made it look so cool, but the demo build sucks. Hard to control, and OH GOD, the slowdowns!!!!!

Djiem on
  • BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    also, though the controls can be changed, whoever thought of the original scheme needs to be shot in the neck.

why yes, i would love to use the fucking bumpers to fire my weapons while my spider-hands crawl all over the controller.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    also, though the controls can be changed, whoever thought of the original scheme needs to be shot in the neck.

why yes, i would love to use the fucking bumpers to fire my weapons while my spider-hands crawl all over the controller.

Triggers to accelerate/descelerate?
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Djiem on
  • ToniousTonious Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I really enjoyed the demo XD Yeah, the controls were rough and I had to reconfigure them for what I'm use to, but once I got the hang of it- I felt like I was playing in a Macross anime or some Gundam action. ^_^ I had no slow down, I don't know what you guys were talking about. I also liked the wide variety of weapons and how customizable they are, kind of like Armor Core 4 but not insanely complex. All in all, a definite buy.

Tonious on
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Where's. My. Lunar. 3.

Dude, we GOT Lunar 3. I don't trust Game Arts with Lunar anymore, not after such hideous betrayal. :(

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The only reason the demo for this was any bit of fun was because it reminded me of the seven million space shooters out there that do this kind of gameplay well, and this was actually a new on in god knows how many years (new arcady one, we get sims every once in a while). This was not one of them. Besides the obnoxious controls (even the advanced controls!), the game just rubbed me the wrong way, and I can't quite explain why.

Xieflow on
  • squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looks interesting.

What would be rad is if I could plug my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Pro into my 360 and use that.

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love how much is going on at the same time, it really feels like big battles are fought and you are the hero everyone's cheering on.

I also think it's pretty, but I did notice the slowdown. I HOPE it's only the demo,cause there was never any slowdown in any video I saw.

The game is fun, don't whine about the controls,they are fully customizable,so you can play how you want.

This is a must buy. It feels like the Ace Combat of space.

"OH SHIT IT'S KATANA!!!!"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Sacred CowSacred Cow Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    you can call me a wuss if you want but i got a little seasick during the tutorial.

Sacred Cow on
    SacredCowJebus.png

SSB code- 0216-0856-6886 PM me so I can add you
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tonious wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the demo XD Yeah, the controls were rough and I had to reconfigure them for what I'm use to, but once I got the hang of it- I felt like I was playing in a Macross anime or some Gundam action. ^_^ I had no slow down, I don't know what you guys were talking about. I also liked the wide variety of weapons and how customizable they are, kind of like Armor Core 4 but not insanely complex. All in all, a definite buy.

The trailer really gave me a super high tech neon-tipped Macross vibe. As in crossing Macross with ZOE. As soon as the Tenchu Z demo's done downloading, I'm giving this a shot.

Played it. Yeah, the framerate REALLY needs fixing. Aside from that, it's pretty fun. :D

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg