As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Someone who doesn't put forth any discussions or anything helpful is more of a detriment than someone trying to open minds.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Baidol, a lud, annoying, crazy dude is better than someone who only posts once or twice a day.

I don't think I've ever lived to the end of a game as a villager, so I dont expect it to happen this time, either.

IS THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE MAFIA, MAFIA MAN?!?!?!?!?!?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Baidol, a lud, annoying, crazy dude is better than someone who only posts once or twice a day.

I don't think I've ever lived to the end of a game as a villager, so I dont expect it to happen this time, either.

To a point, yes.

It is in the best interest of a villager to actively discuss each day, so as to force the mafia to do the same and we can attempt to watch voting patterns and catch people in lies. There does come a point where a villager is more of a distraction than an asset, however.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2011
    Drez wrote: »

IS THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE MAFIA, MAFIA MAN?!?!?!?!?!?
    B:L wrote: »
    2qtd2qq.jpgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Someone who doesn't put forth any discussions or anything helpful is more of a detriment than someone trying to open minds.

On this, we can agree. Even if I still think you're hella suspicious.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Baidol wrote: »

To a point, yes.

It is in the best interest of a villager to actively discuss each day, so as to force the mafia to do the same and we can attempt to watch voting patterns and catch people in lies. There does come a point where a villager is more of a distraction than an asset, however.

If you're suggesting that TehSpectre's participation in this thread so far has even remotely attained an unhealthy level of distraction, then you are just flat-out wrong.

I'll tell you what IS distracting though...this entire pointless tangent.

Drez on
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »

On this, we can agree. Even if I still think you're hella suspicious.

See: Zandracon

Baidol on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I know nothing of Savant and his history, so

Let's just say there's a reason why Jebus keeps voting for me in retaliation for a game that was years ago.

Savant on
    edited July 2011
    So far, we have 38 pages of:

Tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie tie oh god who tied who tied who tied who tied who tied who tied who tied who tied tie tie tie tie tie die tie! die die die die die day one revenge NO MORE TIES tehspectre talks too much.

That's the entirety of this game so far.

Woo.

Drez on
    edited July 2011
    I may be pretty wacked with some of my ideas, but my vote for Lemminghead is sound.

Mafia have acted exactly the way SHE has acted in the past.

"Oh no. What is going on. I am just gonna vote for !blah because I am so confused! I had better figure stuff out and catch up!!"

Day after day after day.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Oh, and obviously the network doesn't have any seer results for tonight, so discuss amongst yourselves some more.

Savant on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ouch, that was terrible.

Why do we trust Savant again?

chamberlain on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Because the mafia tried to kill him.

Teucrian on
    edited July 2011
    People cj iwakura vote for: Drez, spectre, pablo and Void Slayer. He voted for Void Slayer after Savant posted his vote. Other people following Savant's lead: Spectre, raiden333 and LaOs.

I am okay with killing LaOs.

Baidol on
    edited July 2011
    In fact, LaOs.

Baidol on
    edited July 2011
    I actually think !LaOs is a good idea based on what I've seen thus far. I'm going to sift through the thread again tomorrow.

Drez on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    People cj iwakura vote for: Drez, spectre, pablo and Void Slayer. He voted for Void Slayer after Savant posted his vote. Other people following Savant's lead: Spectre, raiden333 and LaOs.

I don't follow the logic here. Savant put out a call to avoid vote shenanigans. People respond, including a known mafia member. How does this implicate the others as mafia and not as villagers following the network head's lead?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2011

I don't follow the logic here. Savant put out a call to avoid vote shenanigans. People respond, including a known mafia member. How does this implicate the others as mafia and not as villagers following the network head's lead?

It does not.

I think Spectre is village, and I'm not going to vote him out simply because he voted for void. I do believe that the mafia would be more eager to follow the network head's instructions. That's the entire rationale I have for killing LaOs. I could use the same logic for Raiden333 as well. Is this irrefutable logic? No.

Baidol on
    edited July 2011

It does not.

I think Spectre is village, and I'm not going to vote him out simply because he voted for void. I do believe that the mafia would be more eager to follow the network head's instructions. That's the entire rationale I have for killing LaOs. I could use the same logic for Raiden333 as well. Is this irrefutable logic? No.

Eh maybe. I'm not sure how much to read into it either way since that action was to prevent shenanigans on a night that the mafia seemed to have no intent to perform shenanigans on.

I would recommend against having blinders on just due to those actions right around vote close last night, as I had my mind set on killing cj iwakura awhile before then.

Savant on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Right. So we're following Savant because of this:
    The Mafia attempted to kill Savant, but he was defended by both Guardians.

However, on being declared we promptly lost two specials. The seer was reluctant to reveal himself to Savant, which seems suspicious in itself. The fact that both guardians protected him suggests randomness to me, rather than a plan. However, it does seem odd that the mafia would throw away one of their own in the hope that something like this would happen, which, on the surface, would be a very unlikely event. Therefore, I think Savant is village and the Village is just having some bad luck.

BobCesca on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just know that I am on to you, Savant.

You and your lieutenants, Lemonhead and LaOs.

And why didn't you have a vig hit me damnit.

There is already a ton of ill-will directed towards me and we are into day 4, the vote is going to be wasted on me soon.

Hey hey hey now... let's not get too hasty. I'm just a Villager, dammit!

LaOs on
    edited July 2011

I'm not. This is a terrible idea.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    Possibly.

There are a bunch of people (20) skirting the activity requirement (5 posts or less total in the thread, which includes a sign-up post) Scanning the names, some of them have withdrawn, but most are still in play. They may warrant further examination.

Baidol on
    edited July 2011

It does not.

Technically, my last vote to switch from daniant to Void Slayer avoided a Third-Place Tie between Void Slayer and Witch Doctor, DBM. The whole idea of the last-minute vote changes were to avoid any ties and possible shenanigans. (Remember that cj iwakura's vote for Void Slayer didn't actually count, because he didn't retract his earlier vote for pablo_price.)

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Right. So we're following Savant because of this:
    The Mafia attempted to kill Savant, but he was defended by both Guardians.

However, on being declared we promptly lost two specials. The seer was reluctant to reveal himself to Savant, which seems suspicious in itself. The fact that both guardians protected him suggests randomness to me, rather than a plan. However, it does seem odd that the mafia would throw away one of their own in the hope that something like this would happen, which, on the surface, would be a very unlikely event. Therefore, I think Savant is village and the Village is just having some bad luck.

With this, I agree.
    I will also point out, just to be complete, that with the Mafia having 10 members, they had plenty of extra people they could sacrifice on a damned-gutsy move. If Savant turns out to be Mafia (I don't think he is!), it's a pretty sweet play by the Mafia team.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    Possibly.

There are a bunch of people (20) skirting the activity requirement (5 posts or less total in the thread, which includes a sign-up post) Scanning the names, some of them have withdrawn, but most are still in play. They may warrant further examination.

Did Lady Eri post specific activity requirements? I think I missed that, if she did.

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    After looking back, you may be right.

Low post activity scrutiny should still be worthwhile, though.

Baidol on
    edited July 2011

Oh, it most definitely always is. I found romanqwerty suspect for just that reason, basically.

I was just curious if we had actual requirements in this game, since I didn't think we had.

LaOs on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Savant wrote: »

Let's just say there's a reason why Jebus keeps voting for me in retaliation for a game that was years ago.

It's because he deserves it.

Also, I think he whined that my plan was "cheating" on his faction forum. That might have been the Bablyon 5 phalla or the starwars one, I forget. I thought my plan was awesome.

I also seem to remember in the starwars phalla him blackmailing our faction to puppet us around, so I had to go all ballistic and shout that he was a jedi in the thread. No one tells Jebus what to do!

Although all of that could totally have been someone else. Either way I'm taking it out on you, Savant.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited July 2011
    Anyway, I'm out for the night--catch you all tomorrow.

Remember, I'm just a Villager. I don't have any back-door information, unfortunately, but I'll keep popping in with what I have from the vote counts, histories, etc.

Bye4Now!

LaOs on
    edited July 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »

It's because he deserves it.

Also, I think he whined that my plan was "cheating" on his faction forum. That might have been the Bablyon 5 phalla or the starwars one, I forget. I thought my plan was awesome.

I also seem to remember in the starwars phalla him blackmailing our faction to puppet us around, so I had to go all ballistic and shout that he was a jedi in the thread. No one tells Jebus what to do!

Although all of that could totally have been someone else. Either way I'm taking it out on you, Savant.

You got quite a few of the details mixed up. It was the galactic senate phalla and I was simply in the opposing faction that needed to kill yours and I pulled a bit of a magnificent bastard routine to successfully do it. This included siccing Darth Vader on your last vanilla member at the latest possible moment before the game ended. Also, I was the one who got blackmailed, which forced me to out the jedi in your faction, toxic_toys.

Savant on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fiaryn has been very quiet.

Farangu on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You know Farangu, you are very quiet also

Egos on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i really don't think LaOS is a good idea.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i really don't think LaOS is a good idea.

Why?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    beats me. he just doesn't seem suspicious.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I'm not posting much because I'm a noob and still learning. However, Laos, drez, and spectre don't strike me as manipulative or off base here. I appreciate a healthy level of paranoia as well. Gut feeling, but that's all I have right now - I think they're all villagers.

I'm going to say that right now lemonHead and Pablo strike me as two good candidates. Neither is responding much to comments about them in the thread. Spectre tried to get some response from lemonhead and Laos, only laos responded. Pablo claimed he was a villager but never argued his case further as the vote grew... It leaves me thinking he knew he was safe because the mafia had their targets, knew jasonfour was dying to the vote, and he was in no danger.

With no guidance from a network, I'll probably choose one or the other of them later tomorrow.

spool32 on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, go to play 4 hours of Dwarf fortress and so many things happen.

So, thanks for throwing me under the bus savant, looks like you caught someone with that last minute third place bandwagon. If your really pulling a long con, it will be epic.

I agree in not liking either tehspecter or LaOs, their feud seems more like two uninformed and scared villagers grasping for targets.

I am liking both Teucrian and turkson, they have been unhelpful and borderline inactive.

Also the jasonfour wagon towards the end might yield some mafia looking to hide as confused or inattentive villagers.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh lord, two specials dead.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dang.

roman is one paranoid dude, apparently.

101 on