As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Drug Test Tomorrow

Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime afWhen's KoFRegistered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so I just got a new job offer that is contingent on my passing of a drug test. I'm wondering how good of an idea it would be to go get drunk tonight given that I'm taking the test tomorrow.

Clearly I'm an idiot and you can all laugh at me for wondering if they look for alcohol, but i've never taken a drug test before, so I don't know shit. I'm assuming they're only testing for illegal drugs, but I really want this job and don't want to take any risks.

Btw I'm 23 so legality isn't an issue.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
Folken Fanel on

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I guess the big thing to consider is how hung over you want to be for your interview tomorrow?

I don't think they look for booze, but it may not be a good idea for other reasons.

Xaquin on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I guess the big thing to consider is how hung over you want to be for your interview tomorrow?

I don't think they look for booze, but it may not be a good idea for other reasons.

In my experience, you don't take a drug test during, or right after an interview. I'm assuming he's already had the interview, as his getting the job hinges on the drug test.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    They won't be looking for alcohol, unless they specifically have told you that you can't drink, feel free.

Aurin on
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »

I've had the interview, and received the job offer in the mail. I have to complete the drug test before my first day at work.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    oops I misunderstood

hehe

have at =)

Xaquin on
  • CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Alcohol is not a drug that they screen for.

Caswynben on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Call and make sure they don't screen for alcohol.

Thanatos on
  • GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    As long as you don't show up drunk, I don't see it being a problem.

Grimm on
  • Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Grimm wrote: »
    As long as you don't show up drunk, I don't see it being a problem.

Word. I've done this many times, and I'm underage. Went to a drug test hungover, that is. Not drunk.

I got the job(s).

Re: nholder on
  • turpentyineturpentyine Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    what kind of job did u get?

turpentyine on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Caswynben wrote: »

This is not always true.
    Listen to Thanatos.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    Caswynben wrote: »

This is not always true.
    Listen to Thanatos.

Agreed. Whats more important to you, one random drunken night, or a steady source of income?

At my work, if you get hurt bad enough to need a trip to the hospital, the first thing they do is a blood test for alcohol.

Grimm on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Not to mention do you really want alcohol to show up on the drug test? A couple beers yeah no problem, a full blown bender? Might not be such a hot idea.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2007
    what kind of job did u get?

Summer internship. I'll be keeping track on which pieces of software are often troublesome/frequently changed, saving that information in databases, and running stats on what I find.

Its not like I'll be operating heavy machinery or anything.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The big question for me is why would you even risk it? Its only one night, surely you can go alcohol free for one night in order to look at the bigger picture? Surely this is a no brainer.

Only circumstance i can see making this even a small issue would be if there was a major event like a buddy having a bucks night or something.

Cryogen on
  • Manic205Manic205 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's not like the third party drug testing facility will be giving them stats on just how much alcohol he has imbibed. They will be giving them a Druggie/Not Druggie verdict. You're an adult, unless the test is for alcohol, you'll be fine.

Manic205 on
    1365887IzMnK.png
  • FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Are you getting drunk to mask something in your blood?

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    take the test tomorrow, get trashed fri/sat nights and start work on monday?

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Fantasma wrote: »
    Are you getting drunk to mask something in your blood?

No
    rockmonkey wrote:
    take the test tomorrow, get trashed fri/sat nights and start work on monday?

YES

The lady friend asked me this afternoon if we wanted to do a power hour tonight. We ended up staying in. Problem solved. Thanks for the helps everyone.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate: