As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I guess I am in San Diego as well. (Comic-Con!!)

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2011
    SPOILERS, JAMES!

(Also, I'm trying to drag Beavo down to the Con too.)

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    :| My hotel doesn't have unlimited room Paul don't just randomly invite people

juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I wouldn't do that, James! I'm just trying to get her to come down to the Con.

Bogey on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    I just went to California Adventure for Bat's Day and indeed elecTRONica was pretty sweet.

Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Oh god yes get Beavo : O

Autographs are up

• Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    Have we figured out a place? Because this place seems like a place we can get icecream at 9pm..

Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    Uggh. Looks like theyre mostly gone and have given like, 30 tickets to random places who are now releasing them. Randomly. All over the internet. Impossible for me to find. Except for like, http://www.comicbookresources.com/contest/capscreening this contest. But I have the worst luck with contests. BLuhbluhbluh

Thanks for all the info, Kochi. I'm going to make Fiz enter that since I don't have a twitter. *gasp*

I am trying not to get my hopes up. I missed the main bunch of tickets and my chances are prettymuch nil now

:'c

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Bogey wrote:
    Thanks for all the info, Kochi. I'm going to make Fiz enter that since I don't have a twitter. *gasp*

So how's the 20th Century treating you, Bogey?

(I don't have a Twitter either)

edited July 2011
    I want to go back to using pagers. :P

Bogey on
    I did the twitter one. If I win a ticket I will trade it to one of you in exchange for 7 minutes in heaven with the person of my choice Robert Khoo

juggcat.jpg
    Bogey wrote:
    I want to go back to using pagers. :P

Pagers were rad as hell.

"Do I want to call this person back? No."

Now I have to deal with voicemail.

Ugh.

Still can't live without my iPhone.

Hey guys? It'd be pretty awesome if we all brought some nice clothes in case fancy stuff went down.

Plus, I've found that if you walk around conventions in a suit and walk with purpose people assume you are important and get out of your way.

juggcat.jpg
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I like the cut of your jib

• feebsiclefeebsicle a feebs Registered User regular
    1. Merely getting tickets (non-pro pass) to SDCC felt like a contest.
    2. Now they're having contests and drawings to see who gets to "win" to go to screenings/autograph sessions/whatever.

What's the point of scrambling for a ticket when your odds of seeing things you want to see are based on random contests?

I'm sure it will all be fun and whatnot when we get there...but still. This is dumb to me.

Wait until you wait hours to get into a panel for a thing you like, only to find out that nobody left after the previous panel ended so they can't let anybody else in.

Then while you are sitting there fuming the line moves up one and they explain that somebody get into a fight over a chair inside the hall and stabbed a guy in the eye with a pen.

I never got that pen back so who is the real victim here?

juggcat.jpg
    There is no way I am wearing a fucking suit
    I love wearing my suit

but it is too god damned hot are you kidding me

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    There is no way I am wearing a fucking suit
    I love wearing my suit

but it is too god damned hot are you kidding me

downtown SD is actually pretty temperate in the evening. a suit would be A OK.

actually, it'd be hilarious if we all went in suits.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    No I have been to SDCC before

I was dying
    I am Canadian

Fiz wrote:
    Hey guys? It'd be pretty awesome if we all brought some nice clothes in case fancy stuff went down.

Plus, I've found that if you walk around conventions in a suit and walk with purpose people assume you are important and get out of your way.

This happens pretty much everywhere people do not normally wear nice clothes.

Man, if this is really a thing, I am busting out the suede blazer.

Don't forget to bring things like hand sanitizer and vitamins. Comic-Con is disgusting with the way people show up sick and touch everything with their stupid fat hands.

Houk if you see this and you actually got me a fan in Japan I will be needing it during the convention for my Manila Luzon cosplay. I considered Carmen Carrera but I don't want to bring that much fish. Don't want to be groped left and right. Just left.

Yes bring nice clothes for the evening. I might (will) be getting drunk and singing at dinner every night.

juggcat.jpg
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Oh man! Yeah I will try to remember where I stashed that and go dig it out. I'll be driving down from OC Thursday night, so you can get it anytime after that.

edited July 2011
    Fiz wrote:
    Don't forget to bring things like hand sanitizer and vitamins. Comic-Con is disgusting with the way people show up sick and touch everything with their stupid fat hands.

Houk if you see this and you actually got me a fan in Japan I will be needing it during the convention for my Manila Luzon cosplay. I considered Carmen Carrera but I don't want to bring that much fish. Don't want to be groped left and right. Just left.

Yes bring nice clothes for the evening. I might (will) be getting drunk and singing at dinner every night.

That sounds great, although I will only be there for the Khoo event. But I am perfectly willing to spend the whole day at work in a wine-colored suede blazer, brown slacks and a tie if it means showing up classy for ice cream with Robert Khoo.

sarukun on
    If you don't mind a little walking, there's a place I adore in Little Italy that has great gelato and other food things. Checking the hours now.

There's also an Indian place right by the convention center with a good lunch buffet. I'd suggest the buffet because the service is so lousy

juggcat.jpg
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    I've been away!

I am back. I am caught up in this thread. Party in Fiz's room?

Some guy.
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Yes.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Yay~

There aren't a lot of things I want to see on Thursday. I'm at the point where I am debating dragging some of you to North Park so we can have a nice brunch and some cocktails.

Also! Bringing the PA Staff a bottle of http://chocovine.com/welcome.htm

juggcat.jpg
  • NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Goddamnit, work scheduled me for Sunday regardless of the fact that I asked for it off. They gave me every single other day off and then went and goofed. Now I gotta spend the next three days trying to pass that shift off on someone.

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
    You may as well go back up for Sunday. There are no good panels that day and I can always give the pass to some of my local buds who would kill to just walk around the exhibit hall and pretend they are part of the craze.

Plus I'd have a night to myself in the hotel <_< >_> <_>

juggcat.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    umm

this is a little awkward, but am I the only one who's going to be underage?

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Note to everyone that is actually going. Lookup the Mission Brewery, its close by and no one will be there because its kinda out of the way from the gaslamp. It is a good place to go for drinks (not food).

Anywho, looking forward to this now. Was just out there tonight, they are already hanging gigantic movie posters on the hotels. There is a big one for Cowboys and Aliens already 80% up.

• NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Depends on your definition.

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    under the US drinking age, then

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    oh yaya, you poor soul

post-night-out party in yaya's room!

• futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fiz wrote:
    Yay~

There aren't a lot of things I want to see on Thursday. I'm at the point where I am debating dragging some of you to North Park so we can have a nice brunch and some cocktails.

You made that up and created a fake web page for it right? ... please?

futility wrote:
    Fiz wrote:
    Yay~

You made that up and created a fake web page for it right? ... please?

It is actually tasty. It's like a cordial. Or, I guess, if you were drinking chocolate milk and the more you drank the more you got drunk. That's how it feels for me

juggcat.jpg