As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On!] Left 4 Dead 1/2 - We still play this. Really!

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Ahahaha, finally got my Richard Simmons spray back.

We now need to play.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That's the best spray. More horrifying than any of the infected.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dr. Tongue may or may not be a badass

2011-07-21_00007.jpg
    2011-07-21_00009.jpg

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    That was the greatest race.

It's out. It seems they made the big open area in the finale inaccessible by just walling that whole area off with caution tape (invisible walls).

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    There is also fire.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ReganRegan Registered User regular
    The caution tape sounds sad, but more fire sounds like fun. I hope they haven't smartened the tank up so it won't walk through a standing open flame for no reason

Regan wrote:
    The caution tape sounds sad, but more fire sounds like fun. I hope they haven't smartened the tank up so it won't walk through a standing open flame for no reason

He'll only walk through this fire if you're already standing in it.... which i'm not sure if you can do.

They need more fire though. It is just like a line instead of a blazing area you wouldn't want to leap through/in

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

There don't seem to be a ton of changes on the survivor side of things. I haven't tried VS on DA, so I can't speak for the infected (infected ladders and that sort of thing). You're forced to go through the metal detector on map 4 and the aforementioned changes to the finale seem to be the biggest changes. Also, there seems to be a bug with the tier 1 shotguns. You pick it up and you get 999 ammo and your secondary weapon is replaced by whatever weapon you had before (SMG if you had nothing).

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    The finale is also bugged, awarding full points for simply running over to the plane door. Also a number of items that couldn't be picked up.

There's no way it should have taken this long to port it over though, they're just being dicks. The additions to the finale would have taken about 10 minutes to do.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • mogdemonmogdemon Kansas, USRegistered User regular
    Also, if you don't have The Real Deal, don't waste your time trying to get it on Dead Air the way I did D:

apotheos wrote:
    You ever wonder exactly how many magic mushrooms the average japanese game studio design team consumes in a year?
    just got a 3ds! 3454-0598-2000
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mogdemon wrote:
    Also, if you don't have The Real Deal, don't waste your time trying to get it on Dead Air the way I did D:

The trick is to play The Parish using bots, with a Magnum and a Grenade Launcher.

Endaro on
    Rami wrote:
    The finale is also bugged, awarding full points for simply running over to the plane door. Also a number of items that couldn't be picked up.

There's no way it should have taken this long to port it over though, they're just being dicks. The additions to the finale would have taken about 10 minutes to do.

Sure, but how many playtesting sessions did they do before deciding "these are the correct changes?"

Granted, it doesn't feel like they did that many because there are some really bugged out things on it but those might have cropped up in the last day or two.

Also, fuck that new event on 4. Yes it was probably needed but it also steals the satisfaction you would get for pulling (or charging, or jockeying) a survivor through the detector

• ReganRegan Registered User regular
    Agreed with Nap. I really don't like failure as the only option with the metal detector, but I hate any event that does the infinite zombie spawn. It also seemed like there were about twice the number of zombies overall, and while I get that in a game like this zombies=difficulty, I miss the sense of dread of walking through an empty area, with the tension building every time you walk through another vacant room, knowing that the Director's about to screw you but good.

Only one play through done, but the changes to the construction site and crane events seemed minimal, and the ruined jetway seemed like a good new hold-out position for the finale.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Attention people, a new tank server has been located! 64.34.174.48:27015 for future tank related shenanigans!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    The changes they've made to the finale are interesting, now that both of the good, wide open spaces to make a stand have been shrunk down or cluttered up (the area behind the plane that had caution tape, but is now smaller and on fire, and the big open area against the terminal wall directly across from the plane now has a lot of stuff cluttering it up instead of being just wide open space). What strategies have people been finding for doing the finale?

edited August 2011
    What strategies have people been finding for doing the finale?

Being badass.

I know one time that worked well, we had two on the plane and two on the terminal walkway next to it (in the far right corner of the map if you're walking towards the button)

Also This was a great moment. We tried to see how long we could survive The Sacrifice without starting the final generator...

2011-08-02_00001.jpg

We didn't last very long.

Nappuccino on

edited August 2011
    Why can I quote my own post, seriously. Atleast let me delete these posts damn it.

Nappuccino on

What the hell did Tongue do to get himself ledged up there?

apotheos wrote:
    You ever wonder exactly how many magic mushrooms the average japanese game studio design team consumes in a year?
    What isn't shown in that screenshot is one of the tanks climbing up right behind Napp.

• CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    What isn't shown in that screenshot is one of the tanks climbing up right behind Napp.

That was the best part.

Definitely. I was right next to him when I looked back and saw the tank. I decided to not to say anything when I jumped off the balcony.

and yet I lived longer, you jerk of jerks.

also boomers are jerks.

2011-08-02_00003.jpg

Apparently that gas can was explained at least twice before I started asking how it got up there.

apotheos wrote:
    Yep. I pointed it out to Napp right after it happened (he was boomed) and then Tongue noticed about a minute later. I think you finally noticed when we politely informed you that you shouldn't have wasted a molotov on a tank. In total, it was about 5 minutes after it happened.

edited August 2011
    2011-08-06_00001.jpg
    2011-08-06_00002.jpg

.... yeah

Nappuccino on

Blood Harvest was in today's update. Map 4 seems to have changed the most. They block off a few paths, like having to go through the warehouse instead of just past it. Also, the bridge at the end seems to spawn an endless horde. For the finale, they added more of the sprinkler/fence thing (whatever the hell it is) and added a big hole in the corner of the barn. They've also removed the closet and bathroom in the house. However, there seems to be a billion bottles of pills scattered all over the place (in coop, that is). I haven't tried VS just yet, but I like the changes.

Well, it seems the scoring on the finale is fucked up just like it was with Dead Air. Get to the house and you have max points.

edited August 2011
    I found some random pictures on my hard drive.

c5m1_waterfront0000.jpg

c5m4_quarter0000.jpg

c5m4_quarter0001.jpg

c5m5_bridge0000-1.jpg

c1m1_hotel0000.jpg

Nappuccino on

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    I can't seem to find any servers in any of the modes, the odd time I might get 1 or 2 games come up but very often it's empty. I dunno is this just me or are other people having this problem?

Assuming direct control O-O
    I can't even remember the last time I played with random pubs. If you're on PC, you should check out Armadeaddon (link in the OP).

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Yeah playing with pubs is discouraged. Luckily there's an active group of PA players
    Jump in the chat!

Alegis on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    I sure do miss L4D1's potential for antics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQIxNhseKq8

• JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Zac has made some changes in Armadeaddon, in the hopes of fixing some problems and gathering the pieces. Jaramr will be unbanned, and new Admin/Banning rules will be in effect and are as such:

"In order to make group management fair, I will no longer decide who is promoted to officer. Instead, a member who wishes to be promoted will petition a current officer, and that officer will arrange for a vote to be held amongst all current officers. If the member receives >50% of the vote, I will then promote them.

New officers will not be allowed to vote on promotions for a probationary period of two months.

Any officer is allowed to demote another officer with good reason (harassment, abuse, etc.), but this demotion will typically be temporary.

If an officer would like to permanently demote another officer, or temporarily ban a member, they will call a vote amongst the other officers. The vote will pass with >50%.

If an officer would like to permanently ban a member from the group, they will call a vote amongst the other officers. The vote will pass with >75%.

Officers are expected to create lobbies, post announcements for games, and generally keep the chat respectful. The group is public for now so that everyone can read this and choose whether they would like to rejoin.

So remember, have fun, and follow Wheaton's Law: don't a be dick.

P.S. Neckbeards need not apply."

Personally, I wish everyone who left would come back. Chat was the best part and the Internet is a darker place without you chumps. The group will be temporarily public so those who don't read the forums can see the rule changes.

Joeslop on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I always forget to get into chat. I prefer voice anyways, but still.

Fencingsax on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Tested the new Blood Harvest for the first time a couple of days ago. There were some changes, some funky, some not so funky:
    That paenultimate map ending in a train bridge, with a big house conataining the Braindead reference, has a neverending spawn-event, though this is in no way announced in-game. Fuckers just start streaming when you get close to the house, not stopping, and you have to rush to the trainwagon. Pretty easy though if you have a bile since it's basically over once you get through the house.

Iirc the panic event in the cornfield was time-restrained in L4D1, you could turtle it out once you jumped down into the crops. I strongly suspect that this is now a no-stop thing as well, until you reach the end of the cornfield.

Barn in the finale has some minor mods on the second floor, removed ammo pile which you can live with, but there's an additional hole in the floor that looks pretty off, Like they just did a box-carve in the bsp. Still not a problem: one guy cornered beside the crates can cover the hole plus the loading hatch and assist with "broken roof"-opening.

I was glad to not find any doors smaller than the doorframe though, since those silly things were rampant on Dead Air.
    Edit: Oh, OLD HAT'd

Panda4You on
    That cornfield one needs to be changed... its much to easy to rush on the left side to the haybails and bam- the horde is done. Especially since all it takes is one player to reach the end.

• Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    MrDelish wrote:
    I sure do miss L4D1's potential for antics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQIxNhseKq8

I remember that night perfectly. The witch trees still are the greatest thing.
    The greatest thing other than Dodge that Minigun!!!

edited September 2011
    I remember how awesome it was running with you mandalore, and... Icemopper? in l4d1 as all that crazy shit popped in and... none of the pubs would ever mention it

Nappuccino on