As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Dinner 2011 - *SOLD OUT!!!!*

• bkrobinbkrobin Roseburg, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am so excited about going, but I just started posting on the boards. I hope to get to know some of you before the dinner!

bkrobin on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Over 50% of the tickets are sold!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Beta_Angel obviously has final say, but here are some buttons.

prepaxbuttons.gif

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    No no no I NEED a button! I will cry, guys!

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    EeeeeeeHeeHeeHeeHee! Bwahahahaha!!!!! .......... GalFriday. Your buttons are pissing me off.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Those are some awesome buttons GalFriday. I will proudly wear my meat group button around.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Some button changes are in the works, not all Angry birds, newer clearly awesomer buttons to emerge within 24 hours :)
    @Menolly07 is that a compliment or a threat? ;) :S

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    GalFriday wrote: »
    Beta_Angel obviously has final say, but here are some buttons.

prepaxbuttons.gif

Angry Carmen Miranda bird FTW!

Even if I am in the Uber-cool Meat group

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • bkrobinbkrobin Roseburg, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    GalFriday, those buttons are so cute! The last one almost makes me wish I had chosen the veggie group instead of meat...almost.

bkrobin on
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    NOOOOOOO!!!! I am saddened now because the dinner is for 21+ and I didn't know this before. So all my glorious dreams of being able to go are now crushed because of a bad birthday date!

Ahwell, have fun everyone and tell me how delicious the food was! =D

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
    edited July 2011
    GalFriday, that's a compliment because, you know, the birds are angry. Not all birds are angry though. The peacocks are only slightly flustered and the mourning doves are just a bit disgruntled.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    GalFriday, that's a compliment because, you know, the birds are angry. Not all birds are angry though. The peacocks are only slightly flustered and the mourning doves are just a bit disgruntled.

Never visit my sister's work if you want to keep the illusion of peacocks being only slightly flustered. She will tell you otherwise.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited July 2011
    I was talking about my peacocks.. If I had any. They'd only be flustered.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh. Well. Fine. See if I care. I don't care about you or your stinkin' flustered birds or mourning wibble-wabbles or infuriated avians!*

Okay. So I care about you, but that's beside the point. :P

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    so ive got some people telling me its not a 21+ event, but on the site to buy tickets it has in big red letters The Pre-PAX Dinner event is 21+!

could beta angel please clarify this for the rest of us young'uns

tokyodove on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    tokyodove wrote: »
    so ive got some people telling me its not a 21+ event, but on the site to buy tickets it has in big red letters The Pre-PAX Dinner event is 21+!

could beta angel please clarify this for the rest of us young'uns

It is 21+. It takes place inside of a bar so they're not going to let any minors in. Unfortunately you'll have to skip this one, but there are other events going on Thursday night.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The Carmen Miranda bird has this awesome expression of "Fuck you, I do what I want."

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited July 2011
    Cronus is absolutely correct. I've made it about as clear as I possibly can.

The Pre-PAX Dinner is an over 21 event this year. This is the first year it's been so, which may be where some of the confusion is.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    I'm double-posting!

60% of the tickets are gone. We have about 40 left. It's lookin like epicness.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    LTAcosta wrote:
    I know, I wasn't blaming you. Just disappointed.

I have an extra 6 years on me that you can totally have if you can figure out how to extract them from me without killing me.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    Angry Carmen Miranda Bird almost makes me wish I wasn't in the Meat Group. Almost.
    Pulled pork ftw.

• neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    This'll be my fourth PAX but my first Pre-PAX Dinner!

Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
    mentok1982 wrote:
    LTAcosta wrote:
    I know, I wasn't blaming you. Just disappointed.

I have an extra 6 years on me that you can totally have if you can figure out how to extract them from me without killing me.

And I have an extra 30 years that I'll donate with the limits as mentok. That should help several people.

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • AnawayAnaway Registered User regular
    So, uh, next year will it be for all ages?

Anaway wrote:

It's probably a little to soon to tell. Traditionally the wonderful, not-sung-enough folks who plan the Pre-PAX and Post-PAX dinners at Prime and East do try amazingly hard to both make it all ages and affordable. Sometimes that simply isn't possible. When given the choice, like this time, between no Pre-PAX dinner at ALL and having it be 21+ I think it's safe to say that even the under-agers can understand and agree that 21+ is the better choice. I'm sure, next year, that BA and/or whoever else organizes this amazing event will try just as hard to make it an all ages one. <3 BA! The manliest woman I know. :-P

twitter.com/Menolly07
    Anaway wrote:

Yeah, let's go ahead and ask that question in 7-8 months? I can't promise an all-ages event especially when I can't even promise the event itself.

Please understand that there is a *lot* of work that goes into planning something like this. I didn't arbitrarily decide "Oh!! 21+ Dinner." I explored several avenues in an effort to make the Pre-PAX Dinner viable. Last year, I spent a ton of money out of my own pocket to keep the tradition of the dinner alive and believe me when I say, it was not easy financially. However, I did it and I mentioned it to no one because I wanted the dinner to work, I wanted PAXers to have this tradition continue as a place to meet and hang out. It worked out, everybody had fun and I felt good about what I was able to put on. This year, I was not able to spend a ton of cash out of pocket, venues were more stringent with their requirements and costs went way up for *everything*. I tried my damnedest to do the very best I could and make this event possible. I know it's not fair to the under 21 crowd but it is what it is.

I've apologize numerous times and stated why things went the way they did and frankly, I'm getting a little worn out rehashing the same reasoning over and over again.

I am very sorry that those who wish to attend and cannot due to age restrictions are being forced to look for other options. As I have before, I had every intention on making this event all-ages, but it just was not possible. Bottom line is that this event is 21+ this year for better or worse. Am I happy about it? No. I'm thrilled that the Pre-PAX Dinner is actually *happening* this year, because it was very close to not occurring at all.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • AnawayAnaway Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:
    Anaway wrote:

Yeah, let's go ahead and ask that question in 7-8 months? I can't promise an all-ages event especially when I can't even promise the event itself.

Please understand that there is a *lot* of work that goes into planning something like this. I didn't arbitrarily decide "Oh!! 21+ Dinner." I explored several avenues in an effort to make the Pre-PAX Dinner viable. Last year, I spent a ton of money out of my own pocket to keep the tradition of the dinner alive and believe me when I say, it was not easy financially. However, I did it and I mentioned it to no one because I wanted the dinner to work, I wanted PAXers to have this tradition continue as a place to meet and hang out. It worked out, everybody had fun and I felt good about what I was able to put on. This year, I was not able to spend a ton of cash out of pocket, venues were more stringent with their requirements and costs went way up for *everything*. I tried my damnedest to do the very best I could and make this event possible. I know it's not fair to the under 21 crowd but it is what it is.

I've apologize numerous times and stated why things went the way they did and frankly, I'm getting a little worn out rehashing the same reasoning over and over again.

I am very sorry that those who wish to attend and cannot due to age restrictions are being forced to look for other options. As I have before, I had every intention on making this event all-ages, but it just was not possible. Bottom line is that this event is 21+ this year for better or worse. Am I happy about it? No. I'm thrilled that the Pre-PAX Dinner is actually *happening* this year, because it was very close to not occurring at all.

Oh no! Sorry. That's not how I meant it. I wasn't meant to look like it was complaining. XD I just wasn't sure, so I know I would have to pay ahead of time. If it's 21 + it is not a big deal. I will meet people at the convention center anyway. ^^ I'm sorry if it seemed like I was. Not saying it's unfair or anything either.

• AlbertoAlberto Registered User new member
    Wow, just found out about this and looks like big gathering. Very cool. :)

Anaway, I understand. The forums aren't the only place I'm having to answer this question and I'm at the point where I'm done explaining.

On a more positive note, the Pre-PAX Dinner has a whole 30 tickets left!!

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    Another double post:

There are 20 tickets left. If you're interested, buy now!!

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular
    Bought tickets last night for myself and my hubby (forum handle: Pickett). This will be our fourth PAX Prime, but we've never been involved in any of the community activities previously, so we're really looking forward to this. I'm sure we'll meet a lot of great people. Also, glad to see that savagehart has a few decades he could donate. That suggests we won't be completely ancient compared to the rest of the crowd.

Cliffs of Sanity, you will meet the most awesomest people. *I* look forward to meeting you. :D

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    And that's my ticket got..
    Figured I should try to get involved in some more of the community events now that i seem to have this wallet destroying habit of hopping across the Atlantic to this event.

• AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular
    Just bought my ticket, I'm excited! PPD, TWDT, PPP, this is going to be a good PAX.

CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
    Bought tickets last night for myself and my hubby (forum handle: Pickett). This will be our fourth PAX Prime, but we've never been involved in any of the community activities previously, so we're really looking forward to this. I'm sure we'll meet a lot of great people. Also, glad to see that savagehart has a few decades he could donate. That suggests we won't be completely ancient compared to the rest of the crowd.

I turned 55 a couple of weeks ago. Hardly ancient. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• AlbertoAlberto Registered User new member
    Okay, so I just bought my ticket and am really excited to meet everyone. Unfortunately I don't have PAX event tickets yet as I missed the deadline and am continuing to check back to see if I can find someone selling theirs. I figured I don't want to miss out on this one too (I'm local) so secured my spot. Wish me luck and see you there!

• Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    I turned 55 a couple of weeks ago. Hardly ancient. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No offense meant savagehart. Certainly 55 is not ancient. After all of the concern about 21+, however, I had been concerned that anyone over 25 would be out of place. (I have 25 beaten by more than a decade.)

<----30. Not ancient, yet.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:

No offense meant savagehart. Certainly 55 is not ancient. After all of the concern about 21+, however, I had been concerned that anyone over 25 would be out of place. (I have 25 beaten by more than a decade.)

I'm 42, you'll fit right in.

I'm 31. They keep telling me I'm old on IRC. Then I tell them to go fuck themselves, the silly gooses.

twitter.com/Menolly07