As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I guess I am in San Diego as well. (Comic-Con!!)

• FizFiz Registered User regular
    Countdown to Comic-Con today included a guide to restaurants downtown, including ones that are offering specials for the convention.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci11_restaurants.pdf

Something to check out. Especially if you're like me and you plan to eat during the week. At Hooters

juggcat.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Always wanted to go to SDCC but I think I'll stick with Dragon Con that I live 30 minutes away from instead of 30 hours. I get to meet Shatner, Nimoy, Christopher Lloyd, Ralph Bakshi, Elvira, Lou Ferrigno, and Ernest Borgnine, although no way in hell will I actually pay for an autograph. Kirk and Spock charge something like $300 for the both of them.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If its brunch, we'll be busy at the con and cant come :( We really like the idea of meeting up for a late dessert or snack or something still though, or other stuff, just decide whats goin down and let us know and whatever happens happens.

Kochikens on
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My schedule is a lot more relaxed than Kochi's, so I'm down for a variety of things. It would be nice to do at least one thing that is the most inclusive for all parties involved (including the underage ones) like getting dessert somewhere, even if we eventually move on to a different venue.

e: Brunch would be really difficult though, yeah. I really want to go to the panel at 10:30 on IP and copyright law.

Lexxy on
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Let's all go to the maritime museum and visit the HMS Surprise

because that's what I'm doing

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This is just going to be everyone ending up in San Diego and then figuring out where we're going when we're there, isn't it?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    The extended weather forecast predicts that the high temperature in San Diego during the con will be in the low 70's!!!

That's waaaaaaaay cooler than usual!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote:
    This is just going to be everyone ending up in San Diego and then figuring out where we're going when we're there, isn't it?

gonna just be a bunch of dudes milling around the PA booth for all of Friday

pretzel dogs for all

• JintorJintor Registered User regular
    If anybody wants to record the Deus Ex Scientific panel I would be supes greatful :D

Or to direct me to a recording of it, whatever

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    someone get me adventure time swag i will blow you

• NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Baidol wrote:

I have absolutely zero tolerance for people in general and when it turns into a group of people all milling around trying to figure out where to eat, I will wait three beats before I ditch out with Fiz and go to Hooters.

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    futility wrote:
    Fiz wrote:
    Yay~

There aren't a lot of things I want to see on Thursday. I'm at the point where I am debating dragging some of you to North Park so we can have a nice brunch and some cocktails.

Also! Bringing the PA Staff a bottle of http://chocovine.com/welcome.htm

You made that up and created a fake web page for it right? ... please?

Everytime Pooro and I go on a wine run, I always try to convince him to get some Chocovine. We're desperate alcoholics, but not that desperate.

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • Fission MailedFission Mailed Registered User regular
    t khoo: being there, and being square, +1 girlfriend.

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Does anyone know where we are meeting?

I WANT DESSERT.

Some guy.
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Always wanted to go to SDCC but I think I'll stick with Dragon Con that I live 30 minutes away from instead of 30 hours. I get to meet Shatner, Nimoy, Christopher Lloyd, Ralph Bakshi, Elvira, Lou Ferrigno, and Ernest Borgnine, although no way in hell will I actually pay for an autograph. Kirk and Spock charge something like $300 for the both of them.
    woo woo dragoncon

the sloppy drunkard of conventions

http://collider.com/captain-america-first-avenger-comic-con-screening/103123/

Me and Ten got tickets for the 6:15 showing
    you all should too

• J. GrantJ. Grant Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hey guys sup.

I'll be in booth 1230, just around the corner from the PA empire. I will say hey if you come by.

t khoo: being there, and being square, +1 girlfriend.

Oh, so that's how it is. Fine then. I'll bring a date too. A hot one. Maybe a tenor. One who even reads this comic.

juggcat.jpg

:/

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    how you been, fission?

actually, you too Fiz. you don't post ever on anything.

Well a lot of the topics here don't apply to me. If Bogey would let me run my Master Chef Phalla we'd have something

"The most amazing murder" Spot on. Spot on.

juggcat.jpg
    YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME

There's a Pinkberry frozen yogurt place right down the street from the convention center that's open till 11 pm on Fridays.

BAM.

LET'S DO THIS.

edited July 2011
    Double-posting because the edit button doesn't feel like working yet.

Here's a link to the google map of the aforementioned Pinkberry location.

And if that doesn't work for some reason, it's 209 5th Ave. Literally down the street.

e: Oh awesome, edit works. I am also going to the 6:15 Captain America showing with Kochi on Thursday. I'm really hoping the promo posters they're giving out include Olly's. I want one pretty badry.

Lexxy on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fiz wrote:
    my Master Chef Phalla

This sounds wonderful.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    how you been, fission?

actually, you too Fiz. you don't post ever on anything.

I've been really good, been working a new job.

I was pretty stoked to see you posting in this thread, hanging out in lines with you guys were some of my best memories of '08.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bogey wrote:
    The extended weather forecast predicts that the high temperature in San Diego during the con will be in the low 70's!!!

That's waaaaaaaay cooler than usual!

Yeah, this year has been unusually cool

steam_sig.png
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Ok, got tix for Fiz and me for the 6:15 Cap showing. WHOOOO!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    aw man, I won't be down there till later Thursday night, so no Captain for me

but I am 100% down for pinkberry. love that place, and haven't been there in a couple years

• ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that Comic-con's schedule, maps, exhibitors, guests, Twitter, and more is up on Guidebook - all available for offline viewing.

If you went to PAX or PAX East you might have used our mobile guide to help navigate the show (we were formerly The Conventionist.)

We are unofficial this year, but would love to become comic-cons official provider, so help us spread the word! (if you find it useful, that is.)

Anyway, grab it for iPhone/Android (native) or BBerry/WP7/webOS (web version) here: http://guidebookapp.com/getit

Let us know what you think! :)

hey that is a really nice app, thank you!

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Lexxy wrote:

And if that doesn't work for some reason, it's 209 5th Ave. Literally down the street.

e: Oh awesome, edit works. I am also going to the 6:15 Captain America showing with Kochi on Thursday. I'm really hoping the promo posters they're giving out include Olly's. I want one pretty badry.

Pretty sure they won't be giving out the Olly posters out. Slashfilm says they'll be handing out the Tyler Stout posters, while Wired is saying they won't be handing out any Mondo posters. You'll probably be able to get Olly's stuff at the Mondo booth

I have decided that before our meet-up I will be spending the majority of Friday in Hall H

Tintin, Spider-Man, John Cusack playing Edgar Allen Poe...it's a good set-up, dudes

• futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not adult swim times at um.... i think it's the hilton

Lexxy wrote:

Pretty sure they won't be giving out the Olly posters out. Slashfilm says they'll be handing out the Tyler Stout posters, while Wired is saying they won't be handing out any Mondo posters. You'll probably be able to get Olly's stuff at the Mondo booth

Ah well, I guess I know where I need to go then!

Yeah seriously I am going to hit the mondo booth hard

hello spending budget
    goodbye money

Also just in case you guys don't know
    Mondo wrote:
    As of now, we will have two releases a day. One in the AM and one in the PM. We won’t be announcing anything beforehand and won’t be announcing times. It will all be random like our online stuff. Watch Twitter to find out when stuff goes on sale.
    So unless you're lucky and show up at the right time, you won't be able to just walk up to them and buy posters.

Ah well. I'll just have to try my luck.

I really wanted one of his Star Wars posters but they were just... so expensive. Also gone within MINUTES.

Yeah the last time I tried to get a Mondo poster it took five min to add one to my cart, but by the time the page loaded everything was sold out

Curse other people's good taste!

• futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Does anyone know where we are meeting?

I WANT DESSERT.

This? http://heavenlycupcake.com/