As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Loxley- Game Over! Village Victory!

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I'm not acting dumb.... :(

And I didn't want to give too much away with my original Turkson vote, but now that he's on my wagon I'll state my true reason for voting for him: the fact that Infidel was mafia'd after voting for him twice is pretty damned suspicious.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    I'm not acting dumb.... :(

And I didn't want to give too much away with my original Turkson vote, but now that he's on my wagon I'll state my true reason for voting for him: the fact that Infidel was mafia'd after voting for him twice is pretty damned suspicious.

The mafia wouldn't expose itself over a few votes by one player in the first few days of the game. That would be a blatant tell.

Further, if you shared this suspicion and died it would only throw more interest on Turkson. Thus, it would obviously have been in the best interest of the village for you to give your real reasoning without being pressed by the vote. Providing an excuse for that vote now that you're at risk of dying only makes you look like the guilty party.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Let it be known that if Daius is not a dirty Norman, I called for his death!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Also, I'm deeply tempted to vote for facetious based on this behavior, but don't want to create a tie.
    Jason Todd wrote:
    and Wandering Hero acted to move suspicion off of facetious and onto JaysonFour.

I don't remember doing this.

You'd have to take it up with Void Slayer. I was only summarizing the arguments of others.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Jason Todd wrote:
    and Wandering Hero acted to move suspicion off of facetious and onto JaysonFour.

I don't remember doing this.

Not today.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I was pressed for time when I made that vote, though, and since I had to leave for work wasn't going to be around to join in any discussions that arose from it. Hence why I held back.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Honestly, the more suspicious vanilla people out there the better. Let's all be a bit dumb and loud.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I will vote for Facetious based on his poor and, to me, suspicious reasoning about Turkson. Specifically, the notion that if he has suspicions about Turkson, he best serves the village by concealing them until he needs a convenient target onto which he can try to shunt the wagon.

Note that this vote will create a tie, I think, and that if the village doesn't want a tie (I tend to think they can be helpful on days when we have multiple vague bandwagons: they cut down on later wasted days chasing the same vague hunches, they give us vote records, and they tempt the mafia to revealing shenanigans) they need to solidif

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Don't want to edit a vote post but forgot the last part of that sentence:

The village needs to actually decide on and solidify a bandwagon or decide to tempt fate with a tie in the next three hours.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Well I really don't want a tie. Or uh, to die.

!Turkson
    !Daius

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Jason Todd: We don't know what a tie does, right? It could kill them both, or it could be RNG, or it could kill you. Beyond that, it opens up an easy potential for vote manipulation, and easy manipulation by the mafia, often without even having to expose anyone much.

Nah, I'll disagree here and say that, in most situations where the village doesn't have much more knowledge than we currently do, ties are bad.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote:
    Jason Todd: We don't know what a tie does, right? It could kill them both, or it could be RNG, or it could kill you. Beyond that, it opens up an easy potential for vote manipulation, and easy manipulation by the mafia, often without even having to expose anyone much.

Nah, I'll disagree here and say that, in most situations where the village doesn't have much more knowledge than we currently do, ties are bad.

I admit, I was assuming the ominous non-clarification about ties was just an admission that it killed both. This could be a false assumption.

But you do make a good point, which is why I made a big deal out of making a tie, so the village could respond in time. I vacillate pretty frequently in my opinion of ties, but coming fresh from a game where the mafia (including myself) became obsessed with ties and vote shenanigans (to our own detriment) I tend to think they favor the village at the moment.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Also: Vigs, please use your kills. Virgil is giving poor (or malicious) advise when he tells you to limit bloodshed. The chance to eliminate a mafia member, even by sheer luck, is not to be passed up.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    You'll see, Kuhlmeye. 38th & Kime will both bleed Norman red when they meet their just end.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Yes...assuming there is roughly 20% (8) mafia. Vigis, you now have a 25%(26% rounded up) chance of hitting a mafia. A 3% chance of hitting the seer.

If there is 15%(6) mafia. You still have a 19% chance of hitting mafia.

If there are 7. You have a 23% chance(rounded up).

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Also the seer has either found 2 villagers or one mafia and one villager so far, so some kind of starting network has been formed even if it is not public. If your just vigging randomly it is a good gamble.

I hope and vigs are hitting based on something other then chance by now though. Just do not hit me, it would be a really bad idea.

Instead hit someone on my list:
    facetious
    Virgil_Leads_You
    Burnage
    wandering hero

And let us all sing a loud and drunken song of thanks for brave spoit the spreadsheeter, every other vote counter has died horribly at the hands of the mafia and your courage in the face of this Norman oppression should not go unrecorded.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Daius 6
    facetious 5
    romanqwerty 3
    Malkor 2
    Wandering_Hero 2
    Nirya 1
    Peccavi 1
    stever777 1
    Taya 1
    T_A 1
    Turkson 1
    Void_Slayer 1
    Kime 1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I still don't understand why it's so suspicious that I can't stop talking.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Many people don't understand the most vocal figures are rarely the ones you are looking for. It's a very simple concept, yet people don't seem to get it.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    It's kinda strange because I spent the last few hours of day 1 chattering nonstop, and no one has killed me yet.

Facetious is just naturally suspicious.

Which is amazing cover for a mafia, as long as people assume he's going to be suspicious anyway.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Also the seer has either found 2 villagers or one mafia and one villager so far, so some kind of starting network has been formed even if it is not public. If your just vigging randomly it is a good gamble.

Or it's entirely possible that one, if not both, of the seerings had the bad luck to target a dead player. About a 12% chance each day, if it was completely RNGed, though it probably wasn't.
    And let us all sing a loud and drunken song of thanks for brave spoit the spreadsheeter, every other vote counter has died horribly at the hands of the mafia and your courage in the face of this Norman oppression should not go unrecorded.
    So yeah, it'll be pretty suspicious if I live the night. Though Blarney was killed by the vigs rather than the mafia.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I stand by my avatar theory. Not all avatars are born equal.
    some avatars are just suspicious

• Options
    SLyM wrote:
    Facetious is just naturally suspicious.

Which is amazing cover for a mafia, as long as people assume he's going to be suspicious anyway.

See I feel like I'm caught. If I act any other way (if I even could, which I'm not confident about), people who've played with me will be suspicious. But if I act like normal, then people who haven't played with me are suspicious. Catch 22, et cetera.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    I think it's amazing just how thoroughly I end up associating personalities with well-worn avatars.

Like try this experiment: Start a character in Arcanum with the Burnage face. I guarantee you'll end up using massive amounts of fire magic to absolutely glove fuck everything.

• Options
    Ooh ooh, do me!

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    Ooh ooh, do me!

I just assume you're a member of the Victorian bourgeoisie.

My fondest hope is that I can someday ruin at least one person's Persona 4 run.

• Options
    Daius

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Vote Closed. Results will be later than normal lately as I might have to stab some of you. (just got home late and just finished dinner)

• Options
    A little late void. And kinda pointless?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I feel a stabbing coming on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I feel a stabbing coming on.

Isn't that 2 days worth of inactivity for you?

EDIT: and malkor too

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Luckily, I avoided stabbings.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Spoit wrote:
    A little late void. And kinda pointless?

Blame the new forums, it has been messing with my shenanigans. And the point was to try and counter other people trying last minute vote changes. I just failed horribly.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

The day had been a long one, the night was looking to be even longer. The merry men had gathered together all of the dead wood that they could muster and they built a pyre upon which to place their now dead and glorious king. There was the rending of garments the wailing of the women, and then they lit the pyre on fire, and let it burn. Better to honor their dead king in the old ways than to let the Normans defile the body in whatever manner they might. It was known that, yes, while Richard had been Norman, he had felt for the plight of the Saxon and would have eased their hardships had he not been touched by God above.

The funeral was brief, with near everybody too choked up to speak. Some of them found themselves just unable to go on, surely the horrors of serfdom were nowhere near as bad as this life had become! Auguste and Sandwich, two of the more quiet of the bunch simply turned their backs to the gathering, closed their eyes, and never looked back. They walked away from everything. And most of the band just let them go.

Ace and Aidan, grief stricken over their losses of friends and family and now the King shook their heads to watch another pair drift off. But then, for some perhaps it was better to die out in the cold than by a Norman blade. Ace and Aidan nodded their heads to one another in silent agreement. Life as a serf was no more for them. They would rather die under a Norman’s arrow or blade than to ever go back to how life was before! Sadly, they would get their wish. Arrows and knives moved silently in the twilight and soon neither Ace nor Aidan breathed the breath of life any longer.

Robin spent most of his day sitting up in a tree. The happy sounds of lute were no more and the future of England’s greatness lay cold and dead upon a fiery pyre. Well, not all that cold if you think about it. Robin shook his head furious with himself. He wanted to put an end to this, an end to the death and the destruction but he could not, would not, abandon his people. But what had he done for them? He had gotten them killed and nothing to show for it! Nothing! Robin leaned his head back and growled at the rising moon, the anger in his throat and in his chest building, so angry, so frustrated! He tore an arrow from his quiver, nothing calmed Robin more than when he shot his bow. He raised the arrow upwards, upwards, the fletching touching his cheek and he shot at the moon. He shot and fired and shot again screaming and venting his frustration at the Lady Moon that she would rise again and give him one more day without rest and without victory.

Sadly, Robin’s arrows did not actually hit the moon. They instead hitAwiergan, who was just finishing up some private business in the bushes with a couple nice wenches from just down the block. Awiergan was pulling back on his tights when the half dozen arrows Robin had launched at the moon came fluttering down from the sky and pierced Awiergan’s flesh all over. He died a well loved pincushion, but still with his tights hanging a bit too low.
    Oswald was yet another accused to be a spy and yet again the Saxons proved their own worst enemies, protest as Oswald might that he was indeed only pretending to be a jackass in honor of his long departed friend Duny, the Saxon and the merry camp indeed heard none of his noise. And so he was cast out of the band and the camp. And so the night came to a close, the moon high in the sky. But lo, what is this? A cry of jubilation arises on the edge of camp!

Will Scarlet! The hero! Will came back to the camp, his face a mess, his body covered in blood and gore, and behind him trailing the body of none other than the Sheriff of Nottingham! Will had managed to sneak into the camp of the Normans and gut the old hog as he slept! Perhaps things are not so bad for Sherwood as it had once appeared! A party was had and dancing around the corpse of the dead taxman, and thoughts of tomorrow and the revenge that would be had grew stronger in their minds as their voices grew louder in the drink.

The Dead
    DUE; Auguste—Saxon; Ran away
    Malkor;Sandwich—Saxon; Ran away
    38thdoe; Ace—Saxon; Killed by Mafia
    Egos; Aidan—Saxon; Killed by Mafia
    Burnage; Awiergan—Saxon; Killed by Vigilante
    Daius; Oswald—Saxon; Killed by the vote

Peccavi; Ramm—Sheriff of Nottingham; Killed by Vigilante

Inactivity Warning for Nirya and The Anonymous

• Options
    OoOooOoOoOOoOoOooOoOOoOoO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1am3KyYgA&player_embedded

ooOoOooOoOOooOoOOoOoOooooO

• Options
    So we shot the sheriff. And finally have a mafia to analyze the vote history for.

Unfortunately, it's not much to go on, stuff that was already mentioned as likely. Jaysonfour, zand, and daius

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    ooOOOooOoooOO

Who could have possibly seen this coming

Not me

The one who saw this coming

OOOOooOooooOo

bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    So.. Richard was neutral but had the power to help the village? Is that what I'm getting out of that? 'cause if so, way to go, vigs.

No but really, way to go vig, singular. Finally.

And now I try really hard not to get bandwagoned for edging out the vote. Tomorrow will be fun.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Actually, while I'm still not convinced about you facetious, the third member of the three way tie shouldn't be forgotten either

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    facetious