As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My netflix sound going wacky

nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to watch stuff on my Wii with netflix. Tv shows seem to work perfectly but the couple movies i've tried lately have had a sound problem. The background noise and some music are the only things I can here. Does anyone know what wrong?

Quire.jpg
nightmarenny on

• Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    Could be the source material or some other problem on Netflix's end. Do music and video games work fine on your Wii otherwise?

• Options
    yup

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Are you running a home theater setup, or directly into the TV?

• Options
    To clarify when I say Tv shows I mean the TV shows on Netflix

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    What have you tried watching? I can give it a shot. Otherwise, I'd send an e-mail to Netflix Customer Support.

• Options
    mr_mich wrote:
    Are you running a home theater setup, or directly into the TV?

Direct.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Skoal Cat wrote:
    What have you tried watching? I can give it a shot. Otherwise, I'd send an e-mail to Netflix Customer Support.
    Iron man 2 and some indy movie about punk rock. If its useful I'll look the name up.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I'm getting error message N8157-3192 when I try to watch Iron Man 2. Its not a problem on my end, I was just watching something else.
    This sounds like a Netflix server side issue.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Ive found that certain TV's don't get along with netflix too, try switching between the HDMI setting and the normal broadcast setting. Or the AV setting.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    While watching Netflix the other day, the volume on my tv wouldn't raise up anywhere higher than 20. I could raise the bar all the way to 60, but there would be absolutely no difference in volume between 20 and 60. I just shrugged it off at the time and blamed my tv, but now you've got me thinking it might've been a problem with Netflix. I'm going to check with customer support later, you should do the same.

If you do, let me know what they say :)

Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"
  • Options
    haywoodjhaywoodj Registered User new member
    edited July 2011
    I had the exact same problem last night trying to watch Iron Man 2 on my Xbox--only music and background noise. All other movies/shows worked just fine.

haywoodj on