As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    It did in the EGA version. Not sure about the remake though.

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Between stealing the purse, attacking the griffin and (soon) using the X-ray glasses, if I do become a paladin, I give up.

• Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    The XRay specs don't disqualify you in the VGA remake, I believe--they moved that fully into "Easter Egg" territory. They may ding your honor though; guess we'll find out!

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    Between stealing the purse, attacking the griffin and (soon) using the X-ray glasses, if I do become a paladin, I give up.

And that would be HILARIOUS.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Nearly caught up now...

Magic User 22 - Smoke on the Water

q2l1start.png

qfg2hero.gifWell, hello, day 14. Three days until the caravan to Raseir, so what's left for me to handle before then?

To-Do:
    - Be a Hero Shapeir style for rewards of "goodness" by answering the Prophecy
    -- Stop the doom of Water.
    -- Face the darkness of the tomb
    -- Free the people from the Elemental's Master
    -- Show those Paladins how it's done, Darkmagic-style.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Go to Raseir to meet Ad Avis, ultimate sorceror. He's watching me :awesome:!
    -- Track down Iblis's tomb and measure up
    -- Survive tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    -- Stop the last light.
    -- Find and restore Emir Arus (evil brother ruling throne, 1000 dinar reward)
    - Find tree-loving hippie that could free Julanar with true love
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qfg2hero.gifRight on cue. Now, what kind of physics-bending powers do I have available for this one?

q2magicopen.pngOpen: 200
    q2magictrigger.pngTrigger: 200
    q2magicflame.pngFlame Dart: 200
    q2magicfetch.pngFetch: 200
    q2magicdetect.pngDetect Magic: 200
    q2magicforcebolt.pngForce Bolt: 200
    q2magiccalm.pngCalm: 184
    q2magiczap.pngZap: 179
    q2magicdazzle.pngDazzle: 177
    q2magiclevitate.pngLevitate: 125
    q2magicreversal.pngReversal: 107

qfg2hero.gifThanks to intense training, I can Fetch an entire civilization's attention, Force them into submission, and then Flame them into ashes. Oh, and Detect the fuck out of them.

But first...I believe I said breakfast?

q2l3inn2.png

qfg2hero.gifDamn it all I just want to eat!

q2abdulla.pngThe Water Elemental in the fountain of town is the greatest of misfortunes.

qfg2hero.gifLook, if I can handle Earth, Wind and Fire, how bad can this be?

q2abdulla.pngWe shall all die of thirst!

qfg2hero.gifFuck it, there goes my appetite.

q2l3inn5.png

qfg2hero.gifWhile I suddenly can't wait to get on it. Breakfast is spoiled, so I guess I'd better get on with the capturing.

q2l4waterelem2.png

qfg2hero.gifSo, according to Aziza, Water is countered by Air. Let's see...air like spells...Calm?

The Water Elemental doesn't seem to be affected by your spell.

qfg2hero.gifWell, I can only Levitate myself, so that's nigh useless here. Force Bolt makes kind of a whooshy sound...

The Force Bolt is just absorbed. It's obviously not effective against liquid life forms.

qfg2hero.gifObvious now, bitch. Maybe I can just capture it in one of my waterskins. I'll have to get up close...

q2l4waterelem6.png

qfg2hero.gifHey now, Flow, easy, there's plenty of Jim to go around here...

q2l4waterelem7.png
    q2l4waterelem8.png

qfg2hero.gifMaybe not.

q2l4waterelem9.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, maybe I'll go ask someone more familiar with Water...

q2l5aziza1.png

qfg2hero.gifSo I figured you might be an expert on Flow, if you catch my drift...

q2aziza.pngPerhaps it would be well to show you as well as to tell you about such things.

qfg2hero.gifI don't think...oh, you mean the Elemental. Right, just like I did.

q2l5aziza3.png

q2aziza.pngThe Elemental will draw all water into itself. It can draw water from the very body of a human that approaches it.

qfg2hero.gifThis much I know. Tell me something helpful.

q2aziza.pngIn the fountain, the Water Elemental will draw upon the boundless magical stream which is the lifeblood of the city. People will be dying of thirst as it grows in power enough to engulf the entire city in a flood.

qfg2hero.gifHow would people die of thirst in a flood? That makes no sense!

q2aziza.pngAs long as the Water Elemental is in the fountain, the Elemental cannot be harmed of contained.

qfg2hero.gifFinally, some useful information. So how do I lure it away from the fountain?

q2l5aziza7.png

q2aziza.pngYou might then contain it.

qfg2hero.gifSo if I somehow could harness the power of Air, I could, ahem, blow Flow from the fountain into a suitable container for water. Which I have enough of to be technically classified as a Water Elemental myself. Back to the fountain!

q2l7waterelem1.png

qfg2hero.gifHey Flow, don't you want to check out this fancy new water container? It's got leather seating...

...damn. If only I had some Air power strong enough to combat the Water...

...wait! I do have the power of an Air Elemental!

q2l7waterelem2.png

qfg2hero.gifReady...aim...blow!

q2l7waterelem3.png
    q2l7waterelem4.png

qfg2hero.gifWorked like a charm! And I still have Air Power left! That's worthy of a pose.

q2l7waterelem5.png
    +20 Capture Water Elemental (347/500)

To-Do:
    -- Stop the doom of Water.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Go to Raseir to meet Ad Avis, ultimate sorceror. He's watching me :awesome:!
    -- Stop the last light.
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qfg2hero.gifDooms doomed. This is worth a round of glory basking.

q2l8harik1.png

q2harik.pngSuch a thing would not be nearly as grand as a Fire Elemental.

qfg2hero.gifDid you want me to show you something as grand as a Fire Elemental? Because that can be arranged!

q2l9keap1.png

q2keapon.pngI don't mean to sound soppy, Poppy, but you did swell.

qfg2hero.gifUhh...thanks, I think!

q2l10aziza1.png

q2aziza.pngThe magical essence of the Water Elemental is extremely potent. Keep it safe, for it may be of great value to you later on.

qfg2hero.gifSure thing. I'll just release it back into the fountain save it for later, then.

q2l11uhura2.png

q2uhura.pngYou be real hero. Water be more important than anything else in this land.

qfg2hero.gifI believe you meant Jim Darkmagic be more important than anything else in this land. But sure, water can be a close second.

Maybe I'll pay a visit to the rich snobs, see what they have to pay say.

q2l12palaceplaza1.png

qfg2hero.gifI do accept cash to square up, you know.

q2sashanan.pngYour name will be told in the tales of the Katta as long as there are Katta to tell them. We Katta tried to think of some way to say how much we were grateful. Please accept this gift of a sapphire pin. May it do you good.
    +5 Receive Sapphire Pin (352/500)

qfg2hero.gifPrecious gem? You do care!

You take the sapphire pin and place it through your lapel.

qfg2hero.gifTime to show the folks at the inn the new bling.

q2l13inn2.png

q2shameen.pngEvery living being in the city now has a life-debt to you, Hero-friend. We are truly honored to have you as our guest.

qfg2hero.gifAs much as I enjoy the praise, don't forget about that extra food I'll need for the trip to Raseir.

Speaking of, I should do some more training up. Can't have Ad Avis think I'm not worthy to be his willing servant.

q2l14griffin1.png

qfg2hero.gifOh yeah, that. Guess I'll have to put him out of his misery.

q2l14griffin2.png

qfg2hero.gifFuck me!

q2l14griffin3.png

qfg2hero.gifFuck you, bird! This time it's personal.

q2l14griffin4.png
    q2l14griffin7.png

qfg2hero.gifIt didn't have to be this way, Griffin. You could've just shrugged off my attack and let me take a feather. But you had to be unreasonable about it. I just hope you have the loot to make this all worth it...

You search the body of the fallen Griffin but find nothing of value.

qfg2hero.gifDamn it all! Worthless Griffin. I need to sleep off some of this anger before I burn...well, everything else.

q2l15inn1.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, hey! Finally she picked up on my subtle hints! Screw tomorrow, I'm heading there now.

q2l16aziza1.png

qfg2hero.gifHow about we work some magic right now, instead?

q2aziza.pngBut forgive me, I have forsaken my manners. Come in, sit down, and we shall share tea and talk, Hero of Shapeir.

qfg2hero.gifHow dense are you? Yes, talk, of course. Speaking of Raseir, what do you know about Al Scurva and his master, Ad Avis?

q2aziza.pngYour words are distressing. Ad Avis is a most dangerous wizard.

qfg2hero.gifWait'll he gets a load of me. I'll make sure to train under be wary of him.

Nothing to do until tomorrow, then, so I guess I'll just train and call it a day.

Points tally (starting from 327):
    +20 Capture Water Elemental
    +5 Receive Sapphire Pin
    Total: 352 points out of 500

q2l17end.png

Piotyr on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I haven't thrown up a new set in a while, I'll get back to it eventually, I just need to stop and regain a bit of motivation. (which I shall get but not thinking about it for a week or two is good!)

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Syphyre wrote:
    I haven't thrown up a new set in a while, I'll get back to it eventually, I just need to stop and regain a bit of motivation. (which I shall get but not thinking about it for a week or two is good!)

No worries, this is supposed to be fun. Make it fun.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Yikes, and now the colors make my eyes bleed in the Vanilla forums.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yikes, and now the colors make my eyes bleed in the Vanilla forums.

If you run Firefox or Chrome, there's a simple add-on called Stylish that can be used to set the color scheme just like it used to be using the style linked in the first post of the thread. That seems to be the most popular option, since the majority opinion was negative on the new color scheme. This unfortunately kind of screws over mobile devices and IE users (and Safari/Opera users too), but we don't have the time to revamp the sets that much at this point.

An even more ghetto alternative would be to highlight the text in the set, which would background the whole thing dark blue.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah read the OP. I covered the steps you need to take to make this readable.

It sucks, I know. But trust me, it doesn't suck for you nearly as much as it does for us having to go back and fix all 70+ sets. Not having to redo the colors is a huge help to us, especially since we don't have BBCode editing buttons anymore.

And look on the bright side. The rest of the forums will look so much better after you use Stylish.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm now in Raseir. This transition set could take a bit while I figure out how to do animated GIFs...and use them more going forward for spellcasting, which I think would be a neat use for them.

EDIT: I can just steal Syphyre's caravan animations for now....but I still want to figure out a way to animate some things, because actual animations look better than stills for the few things that actually animate in these games. :)

Piotyr on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    As someone who never played these games, and just finished going from start to here over the past few days, you guys are doing an incredible job! I had played a little of Kings Quest (1 and 7 I think) and more of Space Quest (1,2, and 6 I think?), but never Quest for Glory.

Unfortunately the new forum colors made everything look atrocious, but highlighting the text made it readable.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    I'd say you shouldn't worry too much about redoing everything. Just put a big warning in the OP that you need to use one of the CSS to make it look readable. Personally I think nothing in this forum is readable without a custom CSS.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    I'm now in Raseir. This transition set could take a bit while I figure out how to do animated GIFs...and use them more going forward for spellcasting, which I think would be a neat use for them.

EDIT: I can just steal Syphyre's caravan animations for now....but I still want to figure out a way to animate some things, because actual animations look better than stills for the few things that actually animate in these games. :)

That reminds me... I can't wait to see Jim using his magic staff in the 3rd and 4th games.
    Plus accidentally casting a specific spell after summoning/while creating it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    It sucks, I know. But trust me, it doesn't suck for you nearly as much as it does for us having to go back and fix all 70+ sets. Not having to redo the colors is a huge help to us, especially since we don't have BBCode editing buttons anymore.
    And look on the bright side. The rest of the forums will look so much better after you use Stylish.
    Does this mean future updates will be unreadable for those of us that don't want to mess around with CSS? :-(

• Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    I just highlight the text, doesn't work great, but its enough to read things. I don't want to switch the color scheme.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Glal wrote:
    Does this mean future updates will be unreadable for those of us that don't want to mess around with CSS? :-(

Sorry. You click on a couple of buttons via the links in the OP and you have a custom stylesheet installed. Once Stylish and the theme is installed, all you have to do is click the little icon at the lower-left corner of your browser and click "Turn All Styles Off" if you want the eye rape back again. Then, when another set is uploaded, just click "Turn All Styles On" and you can read the set the way it was meant to be read.

It really doesn't make things that difficult. On the other hand, manually editing more than 70 sets is a huge inconvenience, especially as I have very little free time right now thanks to my summer Chemistry which is M-F 10 AM - 5 PM, plus two jobs, plus my band which occasionally gets gigs, plus my family of 4 + 1 on the way.

And like JohnDoe said, if even that is too much to bother with, just highlight the text.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Glal wrote:

Sorry. You click on a couple of buttons via the links in the OP and you have a custom stylesheet installed. Once Stylish and the theme is installed, all you have to do is click the little icon at the lower-left corner of your browser and click "Turn All Styles Off" if you want the eye rape back again. Then, when another set is uploaded, just click "Turn All Styles On" and you can read the set the way it was meant to be read.

It really doesn't make things that difficult. On the other hand, manually editing more than 70 sets is a huge inconvenience, especially as I have very little free time right now thanks to my summer Chemistry which is M-F 10 AM - 5 PM, plus two jobs, plus my band which occasionally gets gigs, plus my family of 4 + 1 on the way.

And like JohnDoe said, if even that is too much to bother with, just highlight the text.

Yeah honestly the stylish thing downloaded and installed so fast it really is a non-issue. I'm really thankful for the mods. The eyestrain was seriously causing me to think about finding another forum to lurk on.

Edit. Sorry. This newfangled forum appears to save posts after you back out.

Rucio on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It could also be said that Stylish + the PA Forums mod affects only this forum. Plus, you can turn it on and off if you like. You could use Stylish to modify any site, but there's no actual code modification necessary to get either.

If you like the new Vanilla forums look or are unable/unwilling to use a mod to view the forums, then the best option is highlighting all the text. It's far from ideal, but also the least overhaul intensive solution we can make available.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    What's a good program to use to make animated GIFs? I saw a couple online tools, which will work, but was wondering if there were anything a little less tedious.

• Options
    Piotyr wrote:
    What's a good program to use to make animated GIFs? I saw a couple online tools, which will work, but was wondering if there were anything a little less tedious.

I used GIMP in the past. Each animation is a layer, and then you can choose to animate it and how much time is spent between frames. May not be the simplest, but since I was editing the image at the same time, it was the easiest for me. (putting santa hats on an animated gif is a pain in the rear, but fun to see the results)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I used GIMP to make those animated images. There's a semi-decent getting started tutorial on the web that I found, and then a fellow forumer sent me some hints as well. I'll forward them onto you Piotyr via PM

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Awesome, thanks.

Should be able to get my 23rd set up tonight, which will get me right up to Raseir.

Then we're all basically at the same spot. :)

Piotyr on
  • Options
    Interesting. The mobile theme is now dark blue background by default, which makes the sets easily readable.

• Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    Awesome, thanks.

Should be able to get my 23rd set up tonight, which will get me right up to Raseir.

Then we're all basically at the same spot. :)

Can't wait. Excited to see more!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    It's go time.

Magic User 23 - Saurus Loser

q2m1start.png

qfg2hero.gifOne more day until the caravan leaves for Raseir. What's left to do in Shapeir?

To-Do:
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Go to Raseir to meet Ad Avis, ultimate sorceror. He's watching me!
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifThat's a lot of tombs. I wonder if it's all the same tomb? Oh well, maybe breakfast will jog my memory.

q2m3inn1.png

qfg2hero.gifOh right, Aziza wanted to...make some magic. I think it's time to show her what I'm packing.

q2magicopen.pngOpen: 200
    q2magictrigger.pngTrigger: 200
    q2magicflame.pngFlame Dart: 200
    q2magicfetch.pngFetch: 200
    q2magicdetect.pngDetect Magic: 200
    q2magicforcebolt.pngForce Bolt: 200
    q2magiccalm.pngCalm: 194
    q2magiczap.pngZap: 185
    q2magicdazzle.pngDazzle: 181
    q2magiclevitate.pngLevitate: 125
    q2magicreversal.pngReversal: 125

qfg2hero.gifYep, packing some serious heat there. I think she'll be impressed when she sees it.

q2shameen.pngThe Poet Omar will thrill all who hear with his words of song after the setting of the sun, in our own inn!

qfg2hero.gifHey, that makes two things to do today. I'll make sure to be back to hear Omar bust some rhymes again. Time to head out and greet my adoring fans!

q2m3inn3.png

qfg2hero.gifHero of the Katta has a better ring, but hey, the praise and well wishes are welcomed. Off to Aziza!

q2m4aziza1.png
    q2m4aziza2.png
    +7 See Aziza on day 16 (359/500)

qfg2hero.gifSo, you wanted to see me today?

q2aziza.pngYou have saved the city through your resourcefulness and bravery.

qfg2hero.gifDon't forget magic. Speaking of, would you like to see how magical I can really be?

q2aziza.pngYou are very much a hero. Welcome to my home, Jim Darkmagic. May your deeds be remembered forever.

qfg2hero.gifOh, you'll never forget the deeds that are about to be done here...

q2aziza.pngI worked some magic last night to uncover information about your trip to Raseir. Come in, sit down, and we shall speak.

qfg2hero.gifWorst foreplay ever.

q2m4aziza7.png

qfg2hero.gifThe fuck is that behind me?!

q2m4aziza8.png

q2aziza.pngWelcome, stranger. I shall be honored to have you for a guest..

qfg2hero.gifHang on a second, I didn't know you swung that way. A bit too kinky for me...

Gronkety gronk?

q2m4aziza11.png
    q2m4aziza12.png

qfg2hero.gif...I'm still not comfortable with this...

q2m4aziza13.png

qfg2hero.gifOhhhhh. Now this makes more sense.

q2aziza.pngWater of wisdom, liquid of life, I call upon thee three times three, Mirror without what lies within, So we shall have the true to see.

Look into the water, and we shall see your true form.

q2m4aziza17.png

qfg2hero.gifDamn. Also not a hot blonde.

q2aziza.pngAh, the Emir Arus al-Din. There was good reason why my spell could not locate you in Raseir.

qfg2hero.gifSo, do I get hero credit and 1000 dinars now? I saw him first!

q2aziza.pngYou are under a most powerful enchantment. The caster must be a very skilled wizard to craft such a spell.

qfg2hero.gif<.< >.>

...why are you looking at me like that?

q2aziza.pngWater of wisdome, liquid of life, Knowledge now is what I seek, Reveal the caster of the spell, upon the one which I bespeak.

q2m4aziza21.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, I know that face...that's all powerful wizard Ad Avis! I'm going to train under find him in Raseir!

q2aziza.pngYou must take the caravan to Raseir. I will keep the Emir with me for safekeeping while you find the means to restore him to his rightful shape. We all are hoping for your success, Hero, and eagerly await the pleasure of your return. Farewell, Jim Darkmagic.

qfg2hero.gifDays ahead of you, babe. Except, can't we just use a Dispel Potion? Oh...that's right. Sauruses (Saurii?) don't have hair, so the potion wouldn't work. Too bad, I could use an extra 1000 dinars now.

Oh well, I'll just hit the farewell tour before nightfall.

q2m6keap1.png

q2keapon.pngRestore Emir Arus to his rightful form by seeking the city where things aren't the norm. Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

qfg2hero.gifThanks for the Super Force, and all the free magic training, Keap. You were always my favorite.

q2m7harik1.png

q2harik.pngI should be able to come up with a way to make a dispel potion effective against hairless creatures, but it might take me about a week to prepare it. I should have it ready when you return.

qfg2hero.gifOk, now you remind me of the old healer in Spielburg. Don't forget, though, I own an entire arsenal of elemental magic that you badly wanted but were too lame to acquire.

I'm still buying you out of mana pills, though.

Before I call it a day, I should hit up the Adventurer's Guild once more.

q2m8rakeesh1.png

qfg2hero.gifI thought it was called Raseir. But yes, the hero train moves on.

q2rakeesh.pngI have seldom met one with such power and so much wisdom and courage as you have shown. Few users of magic dare face what you have faced to protect this city.

qfg2hero.gifDarkmagic style, baby.

To-Do:
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifBefore I head out to Raseir, anything you can tell me about Ad Avis?

q2m8rakeesh8.png

qfg2hero.gifI'm sure it's just a coincidence then that he turned the Emir into a saurus.

q2m8rakeesh10.png

qfg2hero.gifAs long as the Sultan knows it was me who heroed him up.

q2m8rakeesh13.png

qfg2hero.gifHe survives to this day. As my track record goes, that's being treated pretty well.

Anyway, it's been real. Time to head back to the inn and rock out to some rhymes.

q2m10omar1.png
    q2m10omar3.png
    +6 See Omar on Day 16 (365/500)

qfg2hero.gifThe money is a reward in itself, thanks. Take us home, Omar.

q2omar.pngIn the month of the Serpent, in the year of the Spear,
    Darkness passed over the town of Raseir,
    And the rumor had been said that the old Emir was dead
    For Arus al-Din had seemed to disappear.

The Emir had a brother, who quickly took the throne,
    but the shadow lurking under soon was known
    For the Katta were exiled, and Raseir was then defiled,
    By the rules and regulations that were shown.

qfg2hero.gifThe shadow lurking under, you say...

q2omar.pngThe Sultan sent his men to restore Raseir to right,
    But they did not even have a chance to fight,
    For as they crossed the land, a tremendous storm of sand,
    Forced his forces to retreat from their plight.

qfg2hero.gifYeah, the sultan's guards are turned away by a stiff breeze, I've seen.

q2omar.pngSo now the rumor's told of the city of Raseir,
    That the Darkness shadows everything in fear.
    And He that now does rule has the Emir as his tool,
    Disobedience brings punishment severe.

The moral of this story as the best of tales must tell
    Of the horrors of the orders that befell,
    Is the simple corollary that the Hero must be wary,
    'Ere He journeys to that shadow's citadel,
    And we bid him luck and wish him to fare well.

qfg2hero.gifSure, I'll be careful to quickly find watch out for Ad Avis.

q2omar.pngAs you travel to Raseir, Jim Darkmagic, know that all of us in Shapeir wish for your safety and the success of your mission.

qfg2hero.gifI'm also hoping for a huge success. Time to hit the sack one last time, though.

q2m11caravan1.png

q2shameen.pngHero, it is time for you to awaken. Even now, the caravan to Raseir is preparing to depart. Once you leave Shapeir, you will be on your own. We can but give you some supplies to make your journey easier.

qfg2hero.gifToo early. Need coffee.

q2m11caravan4.png

qfg2hero.gifUhh...thanks? Never know when I'll need a spare set of clothes, since I haven't needed one yet. Spare food is good, though.

q2m12farewell1.png
    The inn is filled with Katta merchants who wish you luck upon your departure.

qfg2hero.gifNot to mention Abdulla stuffing his face again. I can only hope the people in Raseir are as grateful and praising as the Katta here are.

...I just thought of something...what am I riding out to Raseir?

q2m13caravan1.png
    As you pass through the gate of Shapeir, the gate guard presents you with a new Saurus, a gift from the Sultan.

qfg2hero.gifGood ol' Sultan. Let's ride!

q2m13caravan4.png

You ride out to join in this new adventure, pausing only to watch the sunrise.

3VLXc.gif

qfg2hero.gifTime for smooth riding all the way to Raseir...

kXhed.gif
    The caravan comes under siege from hundreds of nomadic Brigands. Your small group is vastly outnumbered. The situation looks grim.

qfg2hero.gifWe're fucked.

q2m16intermission1.png

qfg2hero.gifOh no, whatever will a wizard do against a swarm of brigands?

q2m17victory1.png

qfg2hero.gifI did promise a tree I'd murder every brigand I saw. That looks like just about all of them.

q2m17victory6.png

qfg2hero.gifResume the caravan!

q2m18caravan12.png

qfg2hero.gifErr...resume the quarter caravan. Next stop...Raseir!

q2m19raseir1.png

qfg2hero.gifWhat a pleasant looking city that is. Until next time!

Points tally (starting from 352):
    +7 Visit Aziza on day 16
    +6 See Omar on day 16
    Total: 365 points out of 500

q2m20end.png

Piotyr on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    so, are we going to see Jim use the ultimate spell in 5?
    If so, how many times?
    I'm of course referring to "thermo-nuclear blast".

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Woohoo, we're all in Raseir! Glad to see my animated images got the play they did. Even though we all had 362 puzzle points ;)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm really eager to see what you guys wish for. Especially since you are mostly maxed on your important stats.

Also the sytle thing makes me sad since I can't change it on my iPad so I'm stuck with yellow.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Piotyr said they changed the iPad style colors...?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Piotyr said they changed the iPad style colors...?

They chaged the mobile version. iPads don't use that. So its stuck on default.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    They changed the mobile site back to blue. So there's hope that once they work through the bugs that are more important, they'll change up the desktop style by default.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I'm really eager to see what you guys wish for. Especially since you are mostly maxed on your important stats.

Also the sytle thing makes me sad since I can't change it on my iPad so I'm stuck with yellow.

I seem to remember you being able to wish past the 200 limit. I may be wrong though.

• Options
    No, you're right.
    You can wish for the same thing twice and get a score of 300, or for two abilities to get to 250.

• Options
    Just got images uploaded for the next set, which will be for the last slow day in QFG2.

• Options
    No, you're right.
    You can wish for the same thing twice and get a score of 300, or for two abilities to get to 250.
    And in the new, getting a skill up past 200 in Str, Vit, or Agl gives you yet another new combat move (Which are sweet).

• Options
    Syphyre wrote:
    No, you're right.
    And in the new, getting a skill up past 200 in Str, Vit, or Agl gives you yet another new combat move (Which are sweet).

Really? As a Thief, I never got into combat again to test that out. Now I'm curious.

• Options
    Magic User 24 - Everywhere You Don't Want To Be

q2m19raseir1.png

qfg2hero.gifAh, Raseir. A whole new city for heroing.

To-Do:
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Survive darkness of (likely Iblis') tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifWell, let's get this hero bandwagon started...

q2n1entry1.png

qfg2hero.gifHow nice, the tourism board came out to greet me. Will this be a guided tour?

q2n1entry2.png

qfg2hero.gifI'm sorry, I don't believe I introduced you to my arsenal of magic. How rude of me.

Mastered (200): q2magicopen.pngq2magictrigger.pngq2magicflame.pngq2magicfetch.pngq2magicdetect.pngq2magicforcebolt.png
    q2magiccalm.png Calm: 194
    q2magiczap.png Zap: 185
    q2magicdazzle.png Dazzle: 181
    q2magiclevitate.png Levitate: 125
    q2magicreversal.png Reversal: 125

qfg2hero.gifNow, you were saying?

q2khaveen.pngSo you are the one they call the Hero of Shapeir. Well, understand this: we don't need no stinking heroes around here. Do I make myself clear?

qfg2hero.gifNo, apparently, what you need is an interior decorator.

q2n1entry5.png

qfg2hero.gifWhy yes, my intelligence is 200. Thanks for noticing!

q2khaveen.pngStubborn, aren't you? Well, perhaps some time spent in prison would teach you some manners. To avoid prison in Raseir, you must learn to obey orders.

qfg2hero.gifOrders and I haven't been known to get along very well, if you catch my drift.

q2khaveen.pngSee that you obey all the orders posted around town. Rule number one: strangers must always carry their visa. Do you have your visa?

qfg2hero.gifI've always been more of a Discover guy, myself.

q2khaveen.pngAlready breaking the rules, are you? Here is your visa. Don't leave town without it.

qfg2hero.gifI'll add it to the to-do list, thanks.

To-Do:
    - Follow the Raserian rules. Burn the moustache off that damned smug head guard's face.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Survive darkness of (likely Iblis') tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    -- Stop the last light.
    -- Restore Emir Arus (evil brother ruling throne, but patsy to unknown leader, 1000 dinar reward)

qfg2hero.gifNow, what to explore?

q2n1entry10.png
    The paint on the sign is starting to chip, but it seems to indicate that this is the Blue Parrot Inn.

qfg2hero.gifGoing to have to stay somewhere, may as well check out the inn.

q2n2parrot1.png
    Of all the Djinn joints in all the world, you had to walk into this one.

A hush comes over the bar as people notice you and eye you sullenly.

qfg2hero.gifSuddenly, I really miss the Katta. I also feel a pressing need to tell Sam to play it again.

...is that a dead parrot back there?

It is an ex-parrot. It had one too many (that is to say one) Djinn Sling. Actually, it's just pining for the fjords.

qfg2hero.gifPining for the fjords? It's pushing up daisies! Anyway, what's going on here?

q2n2parrot4.png

The man glares back at you. This is not the face you associate with bartenders. It reminds you more of Bruno from Spielburg: definitely not a man to mess with.

qfg2hero.gifFuck you, narrator, and fuck you, bartender. Eat Flame!

q2n2parrot8.png

qfg2hero.gifActually, now I see the Bruno resemblence.

q2n2parrot5.png

qfg2hero.gifIs the concept of hospitality the wrong opinion?

q2ferrari.pngCome here, stranger. I see you have already made the acquaintance of Khaveen, our illustrious captain of the Raseirian Guard.

So perhaps you already have an idea of Raseirian hospitality. Come here, sit down, and let us have a little chat, you and I.

qfg2hero.gifYou know what? I think I'm going to look around for other inns in the city, actually.

q2n2parrot12.png

qfg2hero.gifAnd by looking around for other inns, I of course mean I'm heading over there right now to chat.

q2n2parrot14.png
    q2n3ferrari1.png

q2ferrari.pngIf you don't mind me saying so, you look like a man with a mission. I like that in a man.

qfg2hero.gifSeveral missions, actually.

q2ferrari.pngBut perhaps a word of caution. In a city such as Raseir, there are many depths to the problems. Do not try to change things too quickly.

qfg2hero.gifI bend the rules of physics for shits and giggles. I change things instantaneously, not just quickly.

q2ferrari.pngYou will find that the system is not so bad, once you get used to it. However, it would be very dangerous to try to alter that system. You might make enemies.

qfg2hero.gifIt's what I do. I make enemies, and then I melt them.

q2ferrari.pngEnough of such morbid thoughts, though. Perhaps we should share a drink in honor of our new relationship.

q2n3ferrari8.png

qfg2hero.gifYou know what? I don't really have the time for a serious commitment right now. It's not you, it's me. I'm not into ugly dudes.

q2ferrari.pngAh, you are obviously a very busy man, as am I. Perhaps we can talk over drinks another time. I will not detain you longer. Wilmer, show our friend to the door.

qfg2hero.gifThat's rather stand-up of you, actually.

As you leave the room, you see the jovial expression harden to a glare. It is obvious that Signor Ferrari is not used to being ignored. You also find that you are no longer welcome at the Blue Parrot Inn. Since you have no place to spend the night, you are soon arrested for vagrancy.

q2n3ferrari11.png

qfg2hero.gifDid I say I had no time? I meant I wanted a Djinn Sling.

q2ferrari.pngA wise choice. I dislike a man who doesn't drink. It reveals a distinct lack of trust. And you can trust me, my good sir.

Wilmer, a drink for our young friend. Let us drink to our fortunate meeting!

qfg2hero.gifBottoms up, I suppose.

The drink is sweet, with a very bitter aftertaste. It has an odd, almost chemical, taste. You feel strange for a few seconds, but the feeling passes. Ferrari starts to ask some very probing questions, but you evade most of them.

q2ferrari.pngYou are a very closed-mouth individual. You handle your drink very well. I trust you will handle youself in Raseir as well.

qfg2hero.gifDamn straight. I can probably handle a few more of these pansy drinks, actually.

q2n4parrot10.png
    q2n4parrot11.png

qfg2hero.gifOn second thought, one is good.

q2ferrari.pngWe will reserve a room here for you tonight. You will need to return here before dark, for it is forbidden to be out at night.

qfg2hero.gifI can hardly wait, because this place obviously is oozing four-star accomodations. Well, it's oozing, anyway.

q2n4parrot17.png

qfg2hero.gifSo, Wilmer, do you have anything to drink around here that won't kill me?

q2wilmer.pngWe sell water for 50 centimes,...

qfg2hero.gif50 centimes?! What is it, laced with gold?

q2wilmer.pngWhere else can you get water in this city? The Waterman only comes once a week.

qfg2hero.gifGood thing I have all those full waterskins...I mean, thanks for the info. Time to see what else is in this shithole wonderful town.

q2n5explore5.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, there is a fountain here, just like in Shapeir. Guess I'd better go check it out and see what's wrong with that water.

To-Do:
    - Explore the town of Raseir
    - Burn the moustache off that damned smug Khaveen's face.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.
    -- Restore Emir Arus (evil brother ruling throne, but patsy to unknown leader, 1000 dinar reward)

q2n6streets1.png
    q2n6streets2.png
    q2n6streets3.png
    q2n6streets4.png

qfg2hero.gifSuch an inviting town...

q2n7fountain1.png
    The cracked and dry fountain is a pitiful sight.

qfg2hero.gifThat explains the water shortage. I wonder if I can use this contained Water Elemental to fix this problem...

Something in the back of your mind tells you to hold on to the Water Elemental.

qfg2hero.gifGood point, narrator, that was almost a selfless deed. Oh well, this area is a hole, I think I'll go check the palace area, see if there's more action.

q2n8streets1.png
    q2n8streets2.png
    q2n9palace1.png

qfg2hero.gifFinally, living bodies. Hey guys, what's happening?

q2n9palace2.png

qfg2hero.gifEasy, easy, let's just Calm down, everybody...

q2n9palace3.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, what the fuck?

q2n9palace5.png

qfg2hero.gifWhy don't you just shove that sword up your ass?

q2n9palace6.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, then...let's just head back to the Inn.

q2n10streets1.png
    q2n10streets2.png
    q2n10streets3.png
    q2n10streets4.png

To-Do:
    - Explore the town of Raseir

qfg2hero.gifSuch a lively town. At least that killed enough time to see what Ferrari has planned.

q2n11ferrari1.png

qfg2hero.gifFool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.

q2n11ferrari2.png

q2ferrari.pngHow you choose to react to this moral is your own life.

qfg2hero.gifAs usual, really.

q2ferrari.pngAs you well know, the old Emir was deposed last year, and his brother took over the Palace. Raseir used to be a place with very few laws and restrictions; a place where the streets were filled with people and merchants and water flowed free from the fountain.

qfg2hero.gifSo even more like Shapeir, then.

q2n11ferrari6.png

qfg2hero.gifKhaveen has a master?

q2ferrari.pngA new order has been established. The weak have perished or fled. Only the strong who adapted remain. Those that could not adapt were destroyed.

You are strong, but it remains to be how adaptable you are. It would be a great shame for you to wind up in Khaveen's dungeons.

qfg2hero.gifThat a warning or a threat?

q2ferrari.pngEnough of that for now. I have someone I would like you to meet.

q2n11ferrari12.png
    q2n12ugarte1.png
    q2n12ugarte2.png

qfg2hero.gifDo you happen to be related to a healer in Spielburg?...Never mind.

q2ferrari.pngUgarte here provides an invaluable service to this community. He obtains things for others which are otherwise unattainable.

q2ugarte.pngFor a nominal fee, of course.

qfg2hero.gifOf course. You don't accept payment in threats or pain, do you?

q2ferrari.pngIt seems he has some information for you.

q2ugarte.pngA rumor, perhaps, that may influence your actions. I will be happy to share such information for, say, five dinars?

qfg2hero.gifSo much for the free room. Fine, I've already died for being disagreeable enough today.

q2n12ugarte7.png

qfg2hero.gifSo it really was a welcoming party?

q2ferrari.pngWhy would He take an interest?.

q2ugarte.pngThere is the little matter of a prophecy to be fulfilled, and this one may be the one.

qfg2hero.gifMay be? I am halfway through the prophecy already. Who is he, anyway?

q2n12ugarte22.png
    q2n12ugarte24.png

qfg2hero.gifAnd yet everyone feels the need to piss me off.

q2ferrari.pngI suspected before that you were a very dangerous man to have around, Jim Darkmagic. It seems I am correct.

Still, it will be very interesting to see how this game plays out. You may stay tonight in the first room past the door on the left.

q2n12ugarte29.png

qfg2hero.gifYeah, it's about time to call it a night.

Hjzmb.gif

q2n14end.png

• Options
    I like the touches they added in the AGD version for Raseir.

• Options
    So, the next set is going to involve
    X-ray glasses pixel nudity
    and I'm not sure how much of this I can even show.