As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii/3DS Shop thread] 8/4 - Mario's Picross 3DS VC

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh? Details, please?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It had an air battle against a blimp to which you shot fireballs while flying. It was awesome.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, that's something to look into at some point, then.

So that was taken out of the remake? It's been a while since I played, so I don't remember. And if so, I wonder why...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I assume the version of Final Fantasy IV on VC is the same that was released back then? As in, the one that's easier than the original?

Joe Dizzy on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yessir!

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I want them on my DS/3DS

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Now I'm still torn over which game to get on VC. FF IV or VI?

I prefer IV's storyline to that of VI's, but if it's really no different from the older release I feel kind of silly buying the exact same game again. Especially when there is the possibility - no matter how slim - of me picking up a 3DS this year, and possibly grabbing the polished re-release.

With VI on the other hand, there'd be at least somewhat new material for me (since I've never seen the entire credits sequence), but the length of the game might keep me from actually sitting down and playing it fully. The same thing sort of happened with Metroid Trilogy with me. I still haven't started Echoes, even though I wrapped up Prime in something like 18 hours or so back in February.

Or should I just go for Link to the Past again... argh... why are trivial decisions so hard to make?

Joe Dizzy on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You'll never guess what the next 3D Classic is...

...and I am likely the only person on the planet who is happy to see it. That probably includes the developers, too.

Also: Adventure Island II for Game Boy.

Both games hit Japan on the 13th. As for us? Who knows.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    New Forums are up, and With them comes the Netflix 3DS App!I have heard from a friend that is works really well.

3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Unfortunately, it does not work very well. At all.

Actually it's not that bad, but it loads slower than any other device that plays Netflix, and that's a bummer. Some 3D effects on the menus, but no 3D content yet.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    It's faster than the 360, Wii or PC versions for me. Probably because I have crappy internet and they're pushing 3DS-specific streams.

• Options
    Wierd, yup, the 3DS Netflix app is faster than my other devices also. (360, Wii, or my PC)

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Are there any decent DSiWare games for $2? I put $10 in my wallet, and I'm thinking I'll buy Donkey Kong and Kirby, which is $8. There's too much crap in DSiWare to sort through.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    The best thing about 3DS netflix is that it can stand itself on it's side, so I can watch it without having to hold it.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    KWESCHUN:

What is the DRM scheme for 3DS downloadable content?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Are there any decent DSiWare games for $2? I put $10 in my wallet, and I'm thinking I'll buy Donkey Kong and Kirby, which is $8. There's too much crap in DSiWare to sort through.

Aura-Aura Climber is the most recommended $2 DSiware game, supposed to be a generally fun little game with a good progression of difficulty and complexity.

However, make sure you'll actually have $2 left in your account, there tends to be tax now that everyone forgets about.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    This week America gets Nintendo Video, 3D Xevious, and no VC content anywhere.
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS

July 21, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop

Nintendo Video™ - Coming soon, the new Nintendo Video service delivers short 2D or 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood. The 3D content can be viewed without the need for special glasses. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

3D Classics: Xevious™ - Revisit the popular vertical-scrolling arcade game with elements that can be enjoyed in 2D or 3D. Pilot the advanced fighter-bomber through 16 hazardous areas and destroy as many targets as possible. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare™

Antipole - Wield the power to reverse gravity as you fight your way through the robot mothership. Manipulate gravity to overcome lethal obstacles, change falls into jumps and defeat your enemies. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)

Kung Fu Dragon - As a martial artist in training, you must face one of the most difficult tests of skill: waterfall climbing. Increase your score by climbing higher up the waterfall and jumping between various footholds. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi)

Also new this week:

• Trollboarder (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)

• Bobby Carrot Forever (WiiWare™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/do...11H4f87sEo.php

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

Europe gets Xevious, Game & Watch gallery, and some DSiware.

Hooray for Trollboarder, one of the worst DSiware games ever made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4BM4tIX5ck

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    We didn't get Nintendo video, we got a listing for it that says coming soon.

And Trollboarder looks like the best game.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Hey, thanks for staying on top of the thread title, Glenn!
    agoaj wrote:
    We didn't get Nintendo video, we got a listing for it that says coming soon.

And Trollboarder looks like the best game.

Release date is still today, online and on the shop.

Somebody emailed Nintendo that it wasn't up yet and they got this response:
    Thanks for taking your time to contact us about the Nintendo 3DS eShop. I appreciate your enthusiasm for downloading apps early in the day, however, today's downloads should be available later this evening. I recommend checking back.
    We'll post the announcement to our site when they're ready for download.
    Sincerely,
    Nintendo of America Inc.
    Andi Anderson

Guess we'll see.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Oh yay, updated thread title... wooo!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    So the entry for Nintendo Video seems to be totally gone from the shop now. Nintendo, you guys sure know how to launch an online service.

• Options
    Wowww

The Nintendo Video app is up, and I just watched the first video it downloaded. Sunday Jog or something like that.

I don't have a problem with the video itself, but the picture quality is awful! It's not video compression, at some point along the line the video was scaled down with poor or no filtering. It looks horrible. Good god.

• Options
    That one suffers the most since it's all solid colors and straight lines.
    The others look great.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The dinosaurs one also has a lot of shimmering for the same reason. It really hurts the 3D effect.

It is too much to ask for a little bit of competency in the game industry?

Edit: The Captain America trailer has an incorrect aspect ratio... sigh.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    The dinosaurs one also has a lot of shimmering for the same reason. It really hurts the 3D effect.

It is too much to ask for a little bit of competency in the game industry?

Edit: The Captain America trailer has an incorrect aspect ratio... sigh.

They didn't have enough Super Soldier serum left over to size it up.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I enjoyed the Dinosaur Office video.

Apparently I was remiss in mentioning that Europe got Jagged Alliance on DSiware, which may or may not be the same game as the 2009 DS game. Hopefully it's the full game.

Someone at another forum was kind of pumped about it so I looked it up and it does indeed sound pretty cool. Hopefully it comes out in the US too.

• Options
    Crap today...they really need to be releasing a VC game every week.
    3DS eShop

Let's Golf! 3D (Gameloft, $6.99)

Wii Virtual Console

Brawl Brothers (Super NES, Jaleco, 800pts)

WiiWare

Burn the Rope (Big Blue Bubble, 1000pts)

DSiWare

My Australian Farm (BiP Media, 200pts/$1.99)
    GO Series: Portable Shrine Wars (Gamebridge, 200pts/$1.99)
    Oscar's World Tour (Virtual Playground, 500pts)

Burn the Rope is cool but for $10?

Let's Golf! 3D actually does seem promising. First actual 3DSware yet, 6 courses, 108 holes, 8 characters. Seems substantial. Gameloft may make ripoffs of better games but they generally do a decent job.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I have no idea what Burn the Rope is, but I like how You Have to Burn the Rope shows up before it on a google search.

• Options
    Apparently Let's Golf is 1500 blocks, and since each block is 128 kB it's a 190 meg game. Nintendo has finally lifted size restrictions?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Burn the Rope is a fun and popular iOS game. It's definitely worth playing... but $10 is way too much to pay for it. Especially since it sells on iOS for 99 cents.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    STILL no La Mulana. Get on it, fuckers, it's approved everywhere.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I have $11.00 on my eShop account, and I can't buy Cave Story or Shantae 'cause they're not on the Australian store. Is there anything great that is worth the cash? I already own Link's Awakening.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Probably buy Link's Awakening again.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Donkey Kong is fantastic.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    Downloaded Nintendo Video today, tried the first video, was rewarded with epic crotch shots of dudes in skin-tight leotards, closed Nintendo Video. :(

Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    Burn the rope is great on the iPhone. But $10 is too much to ask.

• Options
    The music video scarred me. :(

I should never have to watch what they showed, especially in 3D. D:

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    STILL no La Mulana. Get on it, fuckers, it's approved everywhere.

One of the ratings agencies in Europe is holding things up, apparently.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    So I noticed with glee that the Wii VC has two of my all time favourite games on it.
    Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap and The Legend of the Mystical Ninja.
    I was pretty impressed.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Rise from your grave!

So I actually got off my lazy ass and beat Gradius III (I got it the day it was released, actually, but for some reason I couldn't finish it back in the day. Funny thing is that it only took late last night and today to finish Normal). After beating it in Hard, I was thinking that maybe I should get Gradius II, is the Turbographx port as good as Gradius III?

I'm really bummed that they will never release Parodius. Why couldn't they just edit the bald eagle to look like something else?

RockinX on