As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strangest/Shittiest movies no one's ever heard of

1235»

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    NOBODY has mentioned "Plan 9 From Outer Space" yet?
    Because it really isn't that bad and it's fairly well known. Certainly nowhere near 'worst movie ever.' Plan 9 is the perfect fuck-up in it's so bad it's actually good. STuff like Troll 2, or almost any of the cheap, 'I've got a camcoder and an idea' is just bad. Tedious, boring, and just plain uninteresting to sit through, that's what makes a bad movie.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    No.

Plan 9 is that bad.

I wouldn't say it's worthy of this thread though, too infamous.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Because it really isn't that bad and it's fairly well known. Certainly nowhere near 'worst movie ever.' Plan 9 is the perfect fuck-up in it's so bad it's actually good. STuff like Troll 2, or almost any of the cheap, 'I've got a camcoder and an idea' is just bad. Tedious, boring, and just plain uninteresting to sit through, that's what makes a bad movie.
    Actually, I own Troll 2 on DVD because it is hilariously bad.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anything I've seen on the Sci-Fi channel qualifies as weird and shitty. Timeless classics like Frankenfish (I actually didn't watch it, but the title is just so fucking awesome) come to mind. Then there were all those Sci Fi flicks about giant squids and sharks, etc. Pure gold.

My mom likes to rent some uber terrible movies, I think she does it to torture me because it is not humanly possible to like this stuff.

The two classics that come to mind are:

THE BLACK HOLE
    A nuclear experiment somehow makes a big black hole, that slowly starts eating St. Louis. Oh and it also spawns a retarded electricity monster that is sensitive to sound. Yeah, it's pretty much just a Scooby Doo monster. And the General guy likes to hold his radio at chest level away from his body and talk in to it, not sure why.

ABSOLUTE ZERO

Yeah this movie is wretched beyond describing. Some shif in the earths polarity or something like that is causing the last ice age and threatens to destroy humanity. Styrofoam cities and all. Picture the Day After Tommorow except filmed in a basement, with lots and lots of dishwashing detergent. And of course, the dialogue is just, so awesome.

I was afraid, afraid to tell you that I loved you.

This movie was the worst one I've ever watched, seriously. I do not wish to see a film worse than it, I can not maintaint a will to live in a world where movies can become worse than that.

Other than that, I don't watch any of them, but any film that stars no name rap groups usually sucks. You know, all those bad cop films, the gangsta films, and the slasher flicks. I recall there was the movie Leprochaun 2, which was a Leprochaun slaughtering a bunch of boyz in da hood. Never watched it though, but I have seen a load of terrible horror films at my local PX.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anything I've seen on the Sci-Fi channel qualifies as weird and shitty. Timeless classics like Frankenfish (I actually didn't watch it, but the title is just so fucking awesome) come to mind.

Frankenfish is awesome and hilarious

JeffH on
  • Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well its called Frankenfish it has to be awesome with a name like that.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • DarkDragoonDarkDragoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    228158.jpg

The live action Dragon Ball movie, an attempt by some studio in Hong Kong to "recreate" the first storyline in the original Dragon Ball. Certain characters (all of whom have completely different names) and the focus around the Dragon Balls (which, oddly enough, are refered to as "Dragon Pearls" within the movie itself) are pretty much the only things actually making the movie anything like the series it is based on. It's rather shitty, but still fun to watch. Plus, it at least has the saving grace of being an unofficial Hong Kong production that had nothing to do with the license's holders, unlike...

64m.jpg

G-Saviour, a film celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Gundam franchise, this movie's creation was an official production that was green lighted, produced, and published by the license holders themselves. Despite all of this, the movie was an absolute shitfest. The special effects were laughable for even '99/'00 (actual shot of the movie's CG), the story was nonsensical, the music was horrible, and the characters poorly done. Despite being officially produced, this movie actually ended up being worse than the unofficial Dragon Ball movie, and it doesn't even have the laughably bad perk that DB had going for it.

DarkDragoon on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There was a movie I "liberated" from Blockbuster when I worked there, many moons ago. I can't remember the name, and most of my stuff is still in storage, but the box copy alone would win this thread. Was 'sword' in the title? Yes, I think. Was the Japenese guy blonde? Yes, I think he was. There was a revenge plot, a master taken before his time, and an enslaved sister? Certainly, something to that effect.

I'll get back, to you.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Cojo MojoCojo Mojo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Holy shit, I thought I was the only person who owns a DVD of Troll 2. It's a classic in my family. Once every year or two the siblings and I watch it and have a good time. We do our own little MST3K. If there was ever a movie that was so incredibly bad that it was hilarious, this is it. SOOOOO many good moments in that movie.
    NILBOG...It's Goblin spelled backwards!!!

Cojo Mojo on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Cojo Mojo wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Holy shit, I thought I was the only person who owns a DVD of Troll 2. It's a classic in my family. Once every year or two the siblings and I watch it and have a good time. We do our own little MST3K. If there was ever a movie that was so incredibly bad that it was hilarious, this is it. SOOOOO many good moments in that movie.
    NILBOG...It's Goblin spelled backwards!!!

Holy shit, that's Troll 2? I used to watch that movie whenever it was on TV, but I always assumed it was called Goblin, or Goblins, you know, something that makes sense.

Vincent Grayson on
  • ShmoepongShmoepong Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yor - Hunter from the Future

Back when we had Laserdisc in the house, this was the only movie we had for kids. Years later my dad went to sell our Laserdisc collection at a video store. The clerk laughed when he saw Yor. Turns out it was rated the worst Laserdisc movie ever.

The store wouldn't take it. =(

51G60P6JN0L._SS500_.jpg

Edit: The Amazon.com reviews are teh smiles.

Shmoepong on
    I don't think I could take a class without sparring. That would be like a class without techniques. Sparring has value not only as an important (necessary) step in applying your techniques to fighting, but also because it provides a rush and feeling of elation, confidence, and joyful exhaustion that can only be matched by ... oh shit, I am describing sex again. Sorry everyone. - Epicurus
  • IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Are laserdiscs those awesome record sized CDs? Those things are hillarious. My school bought some players because they thought they would be the next big thing. Nowadays, only a few teachers rarely use them.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • ShmoepongShmoepong Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    250px-

And information was printed on both sides! Guess which is side 1? I don't know either!

Shmoepong on
    I don't think I could take a class without sparring. That would be like a class without techniques. Sparring has value not only as an important (necessary) step in applying your techniques to fighting, but also because it provides a rush and feeling of elation, confidence, and joyful exhaustion that can only be matched by ... oh shit, I am describing sex again. Sorry everyone. - Epicurus
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ha yea, my parents's karaoke machine uses those things. Good times.
    Not good times

setrajonas on
  • WalrusWalrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Darkman III: Die Darkman Die. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116033/

We caught this one randomly at some ridiculous hour. It's thoroughly amazing thanks to Arnold Vosloo's (the mummy form, 'The Mummy') charismatic performance. Darkman's main power seems to be surprising his enemies by falling from the room with an uncovincing 'Raaaaaagh!'. The best thing is that the first film in this series was apparently credible, starring Liam Neeson and being directed by Sam Raimi.

Far wierder is Werner Herzog's 'Heart of Glass'. I'd already seen 'Fitzcarraldo' and 'Stroszek', which were also wierd but really excellent films, especially 'Stroszek'. But man, 'Heart of Glass' is something else. Allegedly all the actors were hypnotised while making the film and it shows in some of the plain strangest performances I've ever seen. It has some great yodelling music that I wish I could find but this is a wierd film through and through - it has a pretty deliberate atmosphere, but it isn't really very good when it comes down to it.

Walrus on
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shmoepong wrote: »
    Yor - Hunter from the Future... Amazon.com reviews are teh smiles.

I was intrigued by the fellow who claimed "I am usually suspect of films with an abundance of non-Anglo names in the credits."

Werner Herzog eats his Shoe is plain ol' fun I hear.

Octoparrot on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Walrus wrote: »
    It has some great yodelling music that I wish I could find.

Now theres a sentence you don't see very often.

Prolegomena on