As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2011 Forum Badges

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    tr0tsky wrote:
    Wait, BYOC is a Pre-PAX event? Then what the hell did I sign up for? A post PAX BYOC maybe? Crap...

BYOC is a PAX event...there's no such thing as pre or post-pax BYOC.

Bring Your Own Cognac event?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Sometime this week, I'll put together a list of people signed up for the MMT and send that your way. Also, maybe Master Helios would be open to having badges shipped to him to hand out during the MMT. Mt badges got here after I left for East, but Helios is already in Seattle, so that'll work well.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    tr0tsky wrote:

Bring Your Own Cognac event?

I would sign up for a BYOCognac event in a nanosecond.

Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Options
    nonzerosumnonzerosum Registered User new member
    edited July 2011
    kropotkin wrote:
    OK I'm calling it! With PAX Prime 2011 6 weeks away I'm starting to compile names now. Everyone on a pre-PAX community event and who contributed on this thread will have their name on the badge. The cut off date will be Friday 5th August 2011.

Does the Pre-PAX dinner qualify as a Pre-PAX community event? If so, then I am _so_ in...

And Front 1, back 2 w/ reduced glare, although if you did the reflection, that would be spectacular.

Edit
    Ok, so I didn't read ALL the posts before posting. Now if I could figure out the other abbreviations I'd be set.

nonzerosum on
  • Options
    G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You cant have a list with out me. After all am I not what PAX is all about? ;)

I like Version 1, good job!

G4MER on
    g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    tr0tsky wrote:
    Wait, BYOC is a Pre-PAX event? Then what the hell did I sign up for? A post PAX BYOC maybe? Crap...

BYOC is a Pre-PAX event because you can bring your crap in before the doors open on Friday. It totally counts.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    nonzerosum wrote:
    Does the Pre-PAX dinner qualify as a Pre-PAX community event? If so, then I am _so_ in...

:D I sure hope so! It always has in the past.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sweeeet. Going to the Pre-PAX Dinner, contributing to the forum, and regularly pre-PAXing beta_angel. I'm in.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Regular posting, Pre-pax dinner, Triwizard crawl, post pax party, plus I'm just generally awesome. I'm totes in.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I really like what you did with the FORUM BADGES.. I used it to make a Forum Signature. ;)

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    G4MER wrote:
    I really like what you did with the FORUM BADGES.. I used it to make a Forum Signature. ;)

yeah, it's pretty great. It was taken directly from the @Yamara community crest design.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Greetings all. It would appear that the quest to have your name on the back of the Forum Badge has hit a new height this year. I shall do my best to include them all!

As an aside I had this idea to include a QR Code on the front of the badge that people can use to open their phone browsers to the PAX forums. It would look like this:

PAX_Forum_QR_Code.png

Thoughts?

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Well, it works. So, that's a good thing so far!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    Greetings all. It would appear that the quest to have your name on the back of the Forum Badge has hit a new height this year. I shall do my best to include them all!

As an aside I had this idea to include a QR Code on the front of the badge that people can use to open their phone browsers to the PAX forums. It would look like this:

PAX_Forum_QR_Code.png

Thoughts?

I LOVE the QR code, if I get a forum badge there's a good chance I'll be using that QR code a lot.

CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
  • Options
    Love the CODE. Its Geek Chic!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    G4mer: Thanks for the compliment on the heraldry. It was hard putting together all the ideas people had. I think it turned out well, but there are still improvements I'd like to make, if I could just figure out how to make them. :) I like how you modified it into your sig.

I'll likely post a t-shirt thread in the next day or two, so people know where to get them, and hopefully to get some ideas for improvements. I know some people already bought some at PAX East.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    G4MER: uhhhh... what do I have to do to get you to make a sig for me? :D

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    Yeah, I like the QR code. That's cool as shit.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Just ask. =) What would you like?
    SmallLady wrote:

Yamara, you did a fine job on them.. I like them very much!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    Ghola DuncanGhola Duncan Registered User regular
    Awesome work. And I am all for the QR Code.

• Options
    G4MER wrote:
    Just ask. =) What would you like?
    SmallLady wrote:

Yamara, you did a fine job on them.. I like them very much!

Wooo!! just what you have except with my name instead of yours. :D:D:D

• Options
    You got, it I will have it posted for you today.. please save it and upload it to your image storing webpage of choice for linkage to the forums though. =) My bandwidth gets eaten quickly lol.

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    YAAAAAY

thank you <3

• Options
    Your welcome.. just cause your small does not means you should not stand out. ;)

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think I'll be the minority for the QR code and say I'd rather not have it on there at all. Or maybe at least put it on the back of the badge, as long as there's enough room for all the names. I just think would look pretty bad on the front. Then again, if I actually saw the front of the badge with that code on it, I might change my mind. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Coldbrew wrote:
    I think I'll be the minority for the QR code and say I'd rather not have it on there at all. Or maybe at least put it on the back of the badge, as long as there's enough room for all the names. I just think would look pretty bad on the front. Then again, if I actually saw the front of the badge with that code on it, I might change my mind. :P

I'll do a new front image with the QR code on it. I think it'll look fine :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You do know you can colorize the QR code and even put fancy artwork in it and it will still work right? I did one for my company that way. You can't get too outlandish but you can play with it some and just try it see if it works and go from there. Colorizing you can do 100% whatever you want as far as I can tell.

ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, there's a trick with QR Codes that I like to do to make them "prettier". If you use a high loss ("H" quality) code, you can throw a logo into the middle and still have it readable.

EDIT: ElmoFuntz and I are kindred spirits.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Give us an example guys!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    im down for anything that lets me get on the forums more easily from my phone :) though it would be awesome if it could take the shape of a space invader (though i doubt its possible) also, would love to see my name on there :P

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    kropotkin , if its not to late to have a name added would love to see mine there again this year. You're badges are an awesome addition to the entire PAX experience thanks so much for taking the time to make them for us all.

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback all. I've done some experimenting with the QR code backround and I believe I can get rid of the white background without breaking the code itself. As such, I'll post a new front image later today. Sorry for the delay on that, but this tech is a little new to me and my smart phone is playing up when it tries to read QR Codes. Sooo looking foward to getting my Samsun Galaxy II this week!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Om Nom on SoulsOm Nom on Souls Registered User regular
    Sorry, noob question, how would one acquire one of these handsome badges? Is it just a self print kinda thing?

Showdeeyah? Showdeeyah? Say it, Frenchie, saaay chowdah!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sorry, noob question, how would one acquire one of these handsome badges? Is it just a self print kinda thing?

They are handed out at pre-pax events AND in other ways via questioning. Stay tuned to the OP for details in the coming weeks.

• Options
    Here is the new front with the QR Code on it. I have had to reduce the size of the coat of arms slightly to accomodate it. Let me know what you think of it here. I will settle on the final design on Friday 5th August.
    PAX_Prime_2011_PA_Forum_Badge_Front_V3.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    I like it, sir. I think it works pretty well.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I love the code, but my phone isn't translating it on the badge. not sure if its my monitor or not, so will test at home and let you know (trying with QR Droid on a Droid X)

• Options
    Solelron wrote:
    I love the code, but my phone isn't translating it on the badge. not sure if its my monitor or not, so will test at home and let you know (trying with QR Droid on a Droid X)

Well my phone is so borked the QR Scan app I have on it just crashes so I can't test it. Do carry on trying to get it to work. If it remains a problem, I may have to lighten the background some.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Works for me!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • Options
    AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular
    Just tried using the Barcode Scanner app on my OG Droid running CM7 with no success.

CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg