As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I guess I am in San Diego as well. (Comic-Con!!)

• Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    dammit i want to hang out with PA folks nowwwww.

edit: sounds like they're requiring Con goers to wear both a badge AND a wristband this year?

are you stopping by and visiting or is it study study study?

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    futility wrote:
    dammit i want to hang out with PA folks nowwwww.

edit: sounds like they're requiring Con goers to wear both a badge AND a wristband this year?

are you stopping by and visiting or is it study study study?

i'll be there for Friday night, but the rest of the time is study all the time :|

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Gonna be wakin' up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to make the drive to San Diego and get in line for the first Cap showing at 10

Ugh

daayuuummm

• Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I asked Fiz on twitter, but I guess I'll post here too. If anyone would be so kind as to stop by the WETA booth and pick up one of the promotional Team Fortress 2 coupons for me, that would be amazing (details here: http://www.teamfortress.com/grordborts/ ).

My steam ID is in my signature, if for some reason it's required.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    FlatEric wrote:
    I asked Fiz on twitter, but I guess I'll post here too. If anyone would be so kind as to stop by the WETA booth and pick up one of the promotional Team Fortress 2 coupons for me, that would be amazing (details here: http://www.teamfortress.com/grordborts/ ).

My steam ID is in my signature, if for some reason it's required.

hey me too!

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    yeah theres like five million people asking for those
    i wonder how many they have at the booth

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    okay tomorrow is just Game of Thrones for me

I thiiinnkkk lining up at 11:30 should get me in!

• Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    yeah theres like five million people asking for those
    i wonder how many they have at the booth
    I'd stop by myself, but there's the whole 'not going' thing

One day...

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    yeah don't go out of your way for it or nothing

if there was a 600 dude line to get 'em I wouldn't bother with it myself

but if you do happen to get one remember what a cool guy I am

(cooler than flateric)

(just a little though)

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    YaYa wrote:

waiting all day for one panel

sounds like a blast!

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    I wish I had a time machine so I could go to Comic-Con when it was still mostly about comics

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    YaYa wrote:

waiting all day for one panel

sounds like a blast!

hey, I'm getting there at nine and doing more after Game of Thrones! I got plenty of time and I really really love Game of Thrones

• Options
    NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    Sitting in the Game of Thrones panel right now. I edited out the second part of this post so I don't get infracted because of the cry baby rule.

Nads on
    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • Options
    what'd you think Nads

I think that I want to stroke Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's beard and whisper sweet nothings to it

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    2 hours waiting for Psych and was still probably 500+ people back. Did make it to the final ballroom 20 line tent, which is the closest I've ever gotten.

I hate ballroom 20.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Spent most of the day in hall H, but the highlight of an hour in the main hall for me:

img0472ln.jpg

Also found the suck it up car from saints row parked outside. Also also damn Del Toro insanely funny.

• Options
    oh man Barcardi I really wanted to do Del Toro/Favreau but I wanted Game of Thrones more

can you tell us a bit more about it

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I ran out of the thrones one and cut in line with a friend to make it to the del toro one. But it was surprisingly kinda empty in H when i got in.

Basically Del Toro and Favreau shot the shit and went over how they knew each other, apparently they consult each other quite frequently in small ways, IE Favreau had Toro help him with some CGI to puppet transitions in cowboys & aliens. Del Toro talked about his love of monster movies and they both went off on a rant about Bleak House, and how it tied into Dont Be Afraid of the Dark. Favreau told a great story about Del Toro buying a second house just so he could put kitschy shit in it.

Toro also went over what he is working on now, The Pacific Rim i think its called. He said its the most fun he has had on the set ever. Also he swears in a wonderfully Mexican way.

Questions: Mountains of Madness isnt dead because Del Toro owns the rights to it, so its only semi dead until he can come up with the cash. He also mentioned that he had almost made a Pinocchio movie but he didnt have the funding. Then i left to go to mission brewery, just got back.

Oh also the girl i was with was in hall H all day informed me about the previous panel. It was the spy kids director guy (edit: Robert Rodriquez how could i forget), and he is making a new Heavy Metal movie. Also he created a Frank Frazetta museum apparently. Everyone at the con needs to e-mail Frazetta@amd.com to get into a free gallery of original Frazetta work tomorrow.

Ummmm ill think of more when it comes to me, it was a immensely fun panel.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Also they played about 20 seconds of Dont Be Afraid, and it still looks kinda .... ok i guess.

Then they played a good 5 minutes of Cowboys and Aliens, and it actually looks really good, surprisingly good and fun. I forget how but tickets are available for a san diego premere on saturday.

• Options
    Also Favreau had a great comment about people hating on cowboys and aliens. Paraphrasing, people either have 2 opinions of it so far, either they hate the idea or they love it, and no one has seen it yet. Most people that hate on the idea of cowboys and aliens duking it out hated on it from watching the trailer. The trailer was before a movie where trucks turn into robots aliens and fight. And yet somehow his movie is more absurd than that concept somehow.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so is anyone planning on going to see the Locke and Key pilot tomorrow morning?

• Options
    so is anyone planning on going to see the Locke and Key pilot tomorrow morning?

I wanted to, but I wanted to see Tintin more

• Options
    Captain America was really good
    peter dinklage was really good
    ballroom 20 was pretty aces, we went in as soon as we got our passes

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    kochi how awesome is Dum Dum Dugan's mustache

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Spoit wrote:
    Thanks bogey
    Hi,

So the Nintendo gameroom is in our hotel tower. They didn't check badges when we went in this afternoon. If they ask you, just say that you left yours upstairs. They're giving away Legend of Zelda and Pokemon shirts.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    As far as the Con goes, the first day was amazing! The swag is far better than the last few years. For example, at the Game of Thrones panel, the swag bag contains a copy of the book, mouse pad, and a shirt from one of the great houses. The Captain America movie was really fun too!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks bogey

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Yay, cupcakes! This will be fun.

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    cupcakes?

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Stop calling me cupcakes!

• Options
    Cupcakes!

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    hey cupcakes! :winky:

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    20040204h.jpg

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    To anybody who is at ComiCon: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toys/news/1923216/15_hot_comic-con_2011_collectibles_we_want/

If you buy me the Nightmare Before Christmas 2-piece bronze paperweight sets, (#14 on the list) I promise you I'll make it up to you somehow, whether it's a gift you want me to get you, a cake you want me to make, etc.

Holy shit, that NBC paperweight looks amazing.

• Options
    So something happened today at the con that gave me hope for all of humanity. I was at a bar surrounded by non comic con type people... ie jocks, club chicks, military dudes, the normal downtown san diego bar crowd, or so i thought. And then Jake the Dog and a Rainicorn from Adventure Time passed by the window and all of these jocks, club chicks, and military dudes proceeded to scream ADVENTURE TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Then the bartender put on a Finn hat.

The whole thing made me feel snuggly inside.

Also oh hey Underworld 4: Kate Beckinsale is Still Damn Hot

• Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    I ate half of a cupcake! And I told everyone a funny joke! It was about a basketball player and a dog.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I really do miss going to Comic Con.

But on the other hand-- Comic Con.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I really do miss going to Comic Con.

But on the other hand-- Comic Con.
    I got into the Batman Panel with Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. I waited in line probably a half hour, and waited in the room for another half hour. The people in front of me at Batman had waited 4 hours for Big Bang Theory and didn't get in.

Adam West=1 hour
    BBT>4 hours

WTF SDCC?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Barcardi wrote:
    Also Favreau had a great comment about people hating on cowboys and aliens. Paraphrasing, people either have 2 opinions of it so far, either they hate the idea or they love it, and no one has seen it yet. Most people that hate on the idea of cowboys and aliens duking it out hated on it from watching the trailer. The trailer was before a movie where trucks turn into robots aliens and fight. And yet somehow his movie is more absurd than that concept somehow.

he can go to hell

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    watching the social networking cavalcade of my coworkers at this event is becoming increasingly painful. damn you comic con!