As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i just had a horrible moment when i was brushing my teeth

• Stanny B Stanny B Registered User regular
    And an interesting atmosphere, awesome loot, armor, weapons, enemies.

I could go on but yeah. It's still the king of ARPG's. Diablo 3 will be a fucking monumentally important release.

• B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    What is even the point of printing a card like that?

That's dumb.

Sometimes cards are used to convey the flavor of the world/story that is being told.
    Emrakul was the biggest of the Eldrazi (Cthulu'ian monstrosities) locked away and then unleashed upon Zendikar

Progenitus is avatar of a shattered world (Alara), locked away then re-awakened when the 5 shards of Alara reunited during the Conflux

Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Had to catch up to this thread again to tell orik that his av is the adorablest

Bel you are neat

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    hugs. How has my favorite lil raincloud been?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    i kinda wanted to learn more about the MTG world but all the books were expensive and dumb and multitudinous

Belruel wrote:
    hugs. How has my favorite lil raincloud been?

Sittin in the Denver airport waiting for my flight to wyoming, gonna go do some field work in the desert for a week

Should be fun!

How are you bel what is it like being a forum celebrity what with your own emote and all

• undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    and the big dude cheating in to play decks aren't even the best decks half the time

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i love hydras, the fact they often cost X makes them awesome.

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    wooo magic
    I am starting to go to a monthly magic thing over at CK.
    I felt weird cause I'm in the middle. Not a new person, but not a pro.

Love my commander deck cause it has so many pretty dragons and angels

mtg art is lovely
    although, it is bad too. cause it means that I will never have a spider in my deck cause they are so damned creepy

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Antimatter on
    also few unicorns.

Luckily i often play tribal elves, goblins, or dragons, always lots of them, though i sold my onslaught goblin deck for like forty bucks recently, kinda regret it, but that 40 bucks really came in handy.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fuck Magic

you had better be talking about having sex with a witch

gonna tap that

<3

(I don't know the first dang thong about mtg)

edited July 2011
    gonna leave that typo there

Yep

Squall on
    Squall wrote:
    (I don't know the first dang thong about mtg)

best typo

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    more like

badgic

0BnD8l3.gif
    edited July 2011
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Fuck Magic

I freely admit it's a terrible nerd thing, but so are comic books, and magic tends to have better art and.. well about the same quality story. plus it has wizards and elves fighting dragons and unspeakable horrors, so i am happy.

Melding on
    A Magic card killed my father

well he shouldn't have been hiding that black lotus

Magic is incredibly nerdy but so am I help

Grey Ghost wrote:
    A Magic card killed my father

My father was terrored and my mother was shocked. I am now a magic orphan.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    MTG: I throw my bigger wad of cash onto the table, I win.

Strip clubs: I throw my bigger wad of cash onto the table, I win.

this is why limited is the ownage boneage!

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Yeah but where I use to play it was hard to get drafts going and stuff so constructed was it and well that sucked :(

yeah, i tend to play casual and multiplayer. which is why i have a dragon deck. and people hate me. but when we team up it's glorious.

I had friends who played Magic in high school and I basically had to stop hanging out with them for periods of time because all they would do and talk about was playing Magic

All they would do

Grey Ghost wrote:
    I had friends who played Magic in high school and I basically had to stop hanging out with them for periods of time because all they would do and talk about was playing Magic

All they would do

yeah, i had friends like that too. nerds man, they obsess about things for a while. some of them snap out of it, others..others are a much sadder tale.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    we just got D&D Fortune Cards. hopefully those are the last new CCG-style booster decks of any kind to darken my door. i also had (have?) a small collection of MtG for the arts, and the beau used to play in his younger days. slippery slope.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    my older brother used to make me play magic when his other friends were unavailable
    he usually beat me because I was a dumb kid at the time
    I avoided this once by hurling my deck at him during his turn and fleeing in the confusion

0BnD8l3.gif
    Grey Ghost wrote:

All they would do

I have a group of folks that I occasionally eat lunch with at work and this is what they talk about 70% of the time

Not quite sure why I persist

man, i am glad i never have to buy fortune cards. I know they need to make the line more profitable, but that is such an obvious ploy. and most of them suck anyway. maybe i'm more annoyed that my dnd group keeps breaking up.

sunblastangel.jpg

that's why I usually just play casuals.
    or sealed drafts, those are fun.

• SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    Squall wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:

All they would do
    I have a group of folks that I occasionally eat lunch with at work and this is what they talk about 70% of the time

Not quite sure why I persist

they all have aspergers get out of there get out of there!

DKFA7.gif
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    enh, they look fun and will be kinda RP for us (our Minotaur paladin uses Vagabond's Die and gambles at every opportunity), but the money grab seems completely in line with the WotC corporate philosophy. i'm still annoyed with the online character generator, and use the desktop version when i can; i'm getting past the level/powers list where that's feasible, though. :(

lfchwLd.jpg
    pooka wrote:
    enh, they look fun and will be kinda RP for us (our Minotaur paladin uses Vagabond's Die and gambles at every opportunity), but the money grab seems completely in line with the WotC corporate philosophy. i'm still annoyed with the online character generator, and use the desktop version when i can; i'm getting past the level/powers list where that's feasible, though. :(

there is a thing CBloader, Something Awful forums use it to load in current set stuff. i don't have the link on hand but you migh tbe able t find it with soem googling. basically they do a better job of keeping the old charatcer builder up to date then the official one does.

Also, it's not all WotC, Hasbro has then do a lot of stuff. but you'd think they'd find ways of making money better. they could probably make cheap decent looking toys of popular cards in magic for example and sell them for money. nerds love toys!