As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I guess I am in San Diego as well. (Comic-Con!!)

12345679»

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Bought so much stuff yesterday and went to zero panels
    dressing up as scoot with ~someone~ today
    only panel we are all super keen on hitting is the PA panel
    and getting pinkberry

p.s. bogey is the nicest
    I guess the rest of you are pretty alright too

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    This meet up was delightful. The remainder of this post will be in Yearbook-signage format because mind your business that's why.

Robert, Erica, and the ineffable Mr. Straub - Thank you and the other PA staff for making yourselves available for hang-outs following what was clearly a long day. I hope the remainder of your stay in sunny San Diego is all you want it to be. Mr. Straub, I shall be throwing out my iPhone post-haste and begin using Starslip exclusively as my date-organizing solution, per our discussion.

Bogey/Nads: You guys are always a treat. Nads, I will discover the secret of your youth and share it with the world. Bogey, I will hang out even if it means no drinking; let me know the next time there's a thing. Baidol might come!

Baidol: I am very glad you decided to come out; you were great company on the trips up and down. I'm always down to help you get somewhere if you need a ride, just let me know.

Fiz: I totally did not understand the by/bi thing until like a full 5 minutes after it happened. You give me too much credit. =P

Ten: I am depressed that there was not more time to have chats with you. I hope you continue to stay in Vancouver for a long time to come so that there may be future hang-outs, here or there. =P In any case, it was a pleasure meeting you--remain classy!

fightinfilipino: Good luck on the Bar Exam. Get your cert and make lots of money so that in the future... well, pretty much everything can be on you! :D

Kochikens, Lexxy, and the pleasant lurker whose name I have already forgotten (profuse apologies): You guys made that Frozen Yogurt sound pretty incredible, I don't know if it could have lived up to the hype you built up for it. I hope you guys at least get to enjoy some tomorrow or Sunday.

To everybody I missed or who was in town but unable to make it to this event, have a good time at Comic Con!

keeses,

-sarukun

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I had fun.

Having faces to put to forum handles is weird. Bogey will never again be the perpetually running Sonic in my mind.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    gameofthronespedicab.jpg

gameofthronespedicab2.jpg

man I wish I was at Comic-Con

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    it was great to hang out with everyone! i'll say this: there's one piece of furniture in the Courtyard that is forever damned :P

(also PA forumers and staff are consistently awesome people)

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Just got back from the mythbusters panel! Those 5 are so much fun, such a great panel. They spent half the time talking about Jamies big balls, hiding in comiccon, exploding anvils, and Grants nuts.

!!! It was the best panel i went to. Although there was a load of bullshit before it that i now know exists somewhere on tv.

San Diego is totally classy
    4Whu0.jpg

fancy some Khoopcakes?
    aQ9Dz.jpg

classy ladies and gents
    0Dk9K.jpg

ffNewSig.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Erika and Straub switching arms worked remarkably well.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I want to go to comic-con next year.

I am so jealous.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Ol' San Diego Comic Con. Southern C. Texas Nerd Sweetener.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Comic-con seems too damn crowded to be particularly fun
    I like having hallways in which you don't have to push through piles of fellow nerds to get anywhere

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Anyone go to the adult swim stuff?

• FizFiz Registered User regular
    classy ladies and gents
    0Dk9K.jpg

You know my favorite thing about this picture? Khoo kept yelling at me to get in the shot, and I was able to be up there with you guys without being visible. Ninja'd my way out

juggcat.jpg
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Well, I'm finally back home. I had such a blast hanging out with you guys and meeting some new forumers at the cupcakes gathering and the bar afterward. I'm sad I missed the 2 PA panels last night, I can't wait to hear all about them. :)

As far as pics and stuff goes, I'm so very tired so that'll have to wait until late tonight or tomorrow.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    Lexxy is on her plane, we are flying back to Canada tomorrow and I am going to miss all the cool people here and at the con! Thanks to everyone I met, you people were all rad and you should all identify yourself to me and add me on aim and stuff because I totally forget your usernames but you were all boss as fuck <3 Thanks for arranging everything Khoo!! The meet up and panels were awesome.

as was
    PUMPKIN CAKKKKEEEEEE

ALSO good luck fightinfilipino

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    sorry I missed you guys, family gatherings called

but I had a lot of fun and oh my god I bought so much stuuuffff

• TenTen Registered User regular
    Damn this was a fun weekend, I had a hell of a time hanging out with Kochi, Feebs and Lexxy every day and then meeting up with some of you cool folks at the meetups. Also thanks to Beavo for hanging out today and being awesome :)

Thanks to Robert and the PA crew for being super friendly, even though I was overwhelmed by all the strangers and totally quiet the whole time.

I dont fly out until Tuesday so I think I'll hit the zoo tomorrow - I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at PAX!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Like others have said, thanks a ton Khoo for putting this together and treating us all like pretty pretty princesses. I didn't really introduce myself to anyone I didn't already know, since I feel like a super-creepy "You might not know me but I sure know you" kinda guy, but everyone seemed really cool.

Also thanks to Khoo, Kurtz, Straub, and that other guy who I don't know who it was for putting on the "secret" webcomic panel last night. And after that, thanks to Nads and Fiz for introducing me to the worst form of wine in the world (chocovine)

Kochikens wrote:
    Lexxy is on her plane, we are flying back to Canada tomorrow and I am going to miss all the cool people here and at the con! Thanks to everyone I met, you people were all rad and you should all identify yourself to me and add me on aim and stuff because I totally forget your usernames but you were all boss as fuck <3 Thanks for arranging everything Khoo!! The meet up and panels were awesome.

as was
    PUMPKIN CAKKKKEEEEEE

ALSO good luck fightinfilipino

you're good peoples, Kochi.

any chance you folks are going to PAX? more hangings out are in order i reckon :^:

ffNewSig.png
    Belruel wrote:
    I want to go to comic-con next year.

I am so jealous.

I could have driven you kids down there for the meet up, at least, but you're off on space adventures or whatever the heck these days, so it's always too late! =P

3 hours really wasn't enough for me.

Hey Pacquiao, when exactly do you find out if you passed the Bar exam? We should have a SoCal Celebration.

• LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wow, that was an amazing con! Megathanks to Robert and the PA crew and you fine folks for the sweet, sweet hangouts, and thanks again to Robert, Kris, Scott, and Brad for the impromptu Q&A on Saturday. The time and wisdom you four offered really meant a lot to us.

But MOST THANKS to Koch and Feebs and Ten for being the best bros I could have possibly asked for to room and troll around with while I was there. Even Kochi, who made a point of physically harassing me any time I was within arms' reach, for as long as I was within arms' reach <3

e: Whoops, can't spell.

e2: ALSO I GOT TO HANG OUT WITH BEAVOTRON WHICH WAS AWESOME

Lexxy on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Why didn't you deck her?

I have incredible patience.

• feebsiclefeebsicle a feebs Registered User regular
    I'm late on the thank you train but I still meant it - THANK YOU!
    Thank you for the fantastic weekend, and it was nice meeting you all!!
    <3

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    feebs I wanted to come over and say hi but there was never a good opportunity (excuse) and I felt like kind of a creeper (another excuse)

social hang-ups!

bombardier wrote:
    Why didn't you deck her?

SHE DID
    SEE??

262488_10150251616107041_570802040_7810680_5442349_n.jpg

but seriously, thanks to Robert and KRIS STRAUB and brad and scott and everyone else who made this awesome. And beavs for her awesome sketch and lexxy for punching me in the face good

fightinfilipino I will not be at PAX >: But I might go to SDCC or PAX next year. Who knows~~

(everyone with photos of the meetup post em!)

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Sorry I didn't make it out for this (I was working), but Comic Con was fun and glad I saw Robert and said hello!

nevillexmassig1.png
    edited July 2011
    You know who is a handsome silly goose? Kris Straub. I hope he is a silly goose because I would silly goose silly goose his silly goose so hard he wouldn't be able to speak for a week I'm not even kidding

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    284509_10150731361555545_856605544_19507669_5256204_n.jpg

juggcat.jpg
    1927876-sdcc2011_comicvine_cosplay_1118_super.jpg

so god damned smug

Huehuehuehuehueh~

Your Super Mario Brothers costumes are ridiculous