As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Of Steamworks and [Phalla] Obscura: Day 3: Full Life Consequences

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was wary of Tmoiy too, but.. he's played two games. I didn't really understand at first why stever became the best candidate to be killed either, although people's explanations made me see why. You have to take into account that there's going to be some things that just don't go the way a normal Phalla would with experienced players. (If anyone plays/follows poker, there's an analogy to be made here but I'm lazy. :P)

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Alkey42Alkey42 Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote:

No, we're saying the same thing. Stever had to die last night, otherwise it could've been a mafia ploy.

Tmoiy tried to get us to save Stever.

Ok, you somehow turned my logic around. But Mr Mason has marked you so I will just leave my vote as it is.

KingMole maybe Peccavi has a point here and Tmoiy is a better target. Then again, neither seems too suspicious.

Alkey42 wrote:
    Then again, neither seems too suspicious.

I would argue that Peccavi's entire strategy is to be 'too suspicious'. :P

!Peccavi

Real strong, facetious.

Er..

!Taya
    !Peccavi

Just to help Spoit. :P

Real strong, facetious.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I actually don't care about retractions

steam_sig.png
    Why must you take this away from me.

I need to feel as though I'm being helpful!!

Real strong, facetious.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Very few hosts will actually require you to retract a vote before changing it. In most cases, you only need to vote for someone else.

*glares indiscriminately around*

Real strong, facetious.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Retractions are mostly from an earlier time in the history of phalla, before advances in host spreadsheeting technology made them largely unnecessary. Hosts that want retractions should probably mention it in their OP.
    REG Rysk wrote:
    Just want to throw in my two cents about this, because I am notoriously guilty of doing exactly that:

Placeholder votes can be a good place to hide as a mafia, but sometimes you just don't know if you'll be around by vote close or if other information will come out from a network head.

It is kind of a personal thing; hell, Phalla is a personal game. Individuals have a distinct voice, even on a web forum.

TLDR: Placeholder votes can be suspicious, but so can many things. Use them if you have to.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Sorry, Peccavi, the camwhore thread can't save you now.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    TLDR: Placeholder votes can be suspicious, but so can many things. Use them if you have to.

Other things that can apparently be suspicious: Pretending to be part of the mafia.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Since I do not have a well developed line of reasoning on anyone right now, I'll go with the group hunch. Peccavi, hopefully we'll have more information tomorrow.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    Very few hosts will actually require you to retract a vote before changing it. In most cases, you only need to vote for someone else.

However, don't rule out retracting a vote without making a new one as a possible action

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    We are missing one vote, from Turkson, unless I missed it.

Peccavi is leading with 9, no one else is close (Taya with 3)

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Okay, now I'm super suspicious that my hunch picked up this much momentum. At least it gives me something to poke around with and see if there is anything interesting going on.

I'm always really surprised when things I do in phalla actually impact the game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    My adviser has disappeared. I suspect foul play.

!Peccavi is a suspect. But I still got my eye on facetious.

oh h*ck
    It wouldn't be Phalla if someone wasn't suspicious of me.

Real strong, facetious.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    Okay, now I'm super suspicious that my hunch picked up this much momentum. At least it gives me something to poke around with and see if there is anything interesting going on.

I'm always really surprised when things I do in phalla actually impact the game.

I can only hope that I provide the village more info in my death than I did in my life.

Vote closed. Narration will be a while

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    Day 2: Off the Rail(work)s!

Peccavi begged and pleaded with the crowd. Surely, they were all steamworks games, right? Stever's death was necessary to keep the tubes safe from the dark ones. His arguments fell on deaf ears. Maybe it was the ridiculous russian accents, maybe it was the Wodka. Personally, I think there was some misunderstanding involved when he tried to bullets for his life.

SeGaTai swore to himself that no matter what, he wouldn't let the same thing happen to him that had taken out the Pointman last night. Like a Ninja, he dodged between underneath the bullets, and around the rockets. When suddenly; Double Vision. He could deal with a single attack easily enough, but couldn't keep up under the bichromatic assault. Seeing a big cluster of blue blocks, he swooped in to try to eliminate them....Ka-Boooom!

Baidol hung on the edge for dear life. These 2 psychos had already tried to cut down his grappling line once, and while basejumping from skyscrapers was all well and good, he didn't quite have that much of a reckless disregard for gravity. He just had one question: "Why?"

"Just Cause." "Yeah, me Two"

101 had a brilliant idea, if the threat was what he thought it was, he could easily blend in. Just toss in some quick time events, a handful of achievements, and he could easily blend in with the enemy. He even went so far as to stage a tightly scripted snowmobile sequence. Unfortunately, no plan survived contact with the enemy, and he went off the railworks. Lost, he tried to find his way back, but without a narrow corridor to lead him to the next firefight, he eventually succumbed to the Extreme Conditions of the Washington outback.

Peccavi-Metro 2033- Feared the future
    SeGaTai- Audiosurf- Couldn't keep the beat
    Baidol- Just Cause 2
    And Yet, he fell
    101- Modern Warfare 2 Call of Duty never changes

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    Goddammit

doomrider_sigPA.png
    I assume 101 was the vig?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    The roles will be indicated by () next to their role names, as was the case with stever

steam_sig.png
    Oh.

Good.

Network still intact, now they can pretty much kill anyone who isn't them and get a mafia.

Hopefully.

Yeah, no dead specials is good but it's a little worrisome that King is upset.

Real strong, facetious.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    ooooOOOoooooOOO

I live for Auir...

I...never played Just Cause 2 and so have no references to put in this death post...

OOOOoooOOOOOOoo

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Well, I wasn't able to be online for vote close, but at least nothing too terrible happened. But still no dead mafia. 4/13 now. :-/

I wish we had more to talk about, but I guess it's up to the network now. Good luck guys.

• 101101 Registered User regular
    oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

With my last breath, I curse BF3!

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Tmoiy you are still in this game, right? There's lots to talk about. Each day we learn more based on voting records.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    In the interest of information:

Turkson
    Taya
    MrTlicious
    Langly
    Facetious
    Slym
    INANTP
    Captain Marcus
    38thdoe
    KingMole (Mason)
    Alkey42
    The Scruple
    Tmoiy

All remain alive. Of these 12 people (KingMole not requiring inclusion in the math of who's who), 4 are mafia. Of the 8 that are not mafia one is a guard, one is a seer, and one is a vig. This leaves 5 villagers. In theory, the network can be up to 5 people strong - the three specials, KingMole, and two seer targets. It is likely less than that, depending on who the seer targeted, as well as whether or not specials claimed themselves to KingMole.

At least three kills will go out each day (vote/vig/mafia). Likely 4, depending on where the guard is placed (vote/vig/mafia/mafia).

liEt3nH.png
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    OoooooOooooooooooooooo

All I wanted to do was help...

ooooooooooOoooooooooooOooooooo

PSN SeGaTai
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Theoretically, the network could already be up to 7 people. There are the 3 specials and KM, potentially 2 seered targets and 1 guarded target. My guess is that KM is upset because at least one of the seered/guarded people died. Or, maybe, he was just mad because we didn't get a mafia.
    Tmoiy wrote:
    Well, I wasn't able to be online for vote close, but at least nothing too terrible happened. But still no dead mafia. 4/13 now. :-/

I wish we had more to talk about, but I guess it's up to the network now. Good luck guys.

Does this not seem like the most trying-to-fit-in-as-a-vanillager statement ever? I'm starting to come around to a Tmoiy vote. Though, INANTP's mistake about the potential number in the network makes him a good target in my mind, because at least we know he's not a special villager.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Since Tmioy already has some votes, I'll go ahead and post one for !INANTP

I suspect Turkson of secretly hating the Newell

Does anybody have any votes yet?

You're on my list too, MrTLicious.

taya's list is every player, it includes her name as well

just in case

It's the only way to be sure!

MrTLicious wrote:
    Since Tmioy already has some votes, I'll go ahead and post one for !INANTP

Tmoiy doesn't have any votes, unless you mean people have voted for him in past days.

• TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Sorry for making stupid posts, I am bad at this game. I will kindly shut up now. >.<

No no see my point is that you're still playing so saying "I'll leave it up to the network good luck" is not a good idea.