As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pathetic Geek Stories - the Return of the Geekening

• Options
    ins0mniacins0mniac Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have played an MMO called Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds on and off now since beta in 1996. Back in the day, it was amazing. 8 year old me could never convince my parents to let me register and get past level 11, but dammit I made so many characters and all I could do was look in awe at all the other players and their awesome gear.

It is very community based, and there were probably about 1200 players in it's glory days. The Gamemasters had wars with each other, invaded cities, summoned ridiculous creatures for the players to fight and all was done in role-playing fashion. Each of the 4 character classes had 3 entirely player run subpaths, each with it's own spells and perks. So naturally, you have to role-play in order to join, and for some it was a process that could take more than a year. I was pretty hardcore into it, and created pages upon pages of stories for my characters.

It was based in ancient mythical Korea so through it I've learned a lot on Taoism, Buddhism, Sun Tzu's Art of War, ancient weaponsan and since my character was in the once legendary Spy subpath, a whole lot on ancient tactics for smuggling, recon, assassination, interrogation, and so on.

I went back a few months ago, but the game is dead. Maybe 300ish players with devs that don't seem to do anything at all.

I played video games and stuff, but went to Catholic schools, so I couldn't dress weird or anything, so my geekiness was pretty well hidden. Well, except in 7th grade when I wrote a 19 page fanfic for a creative writing project.

It was a novelization of the Jumi storyline from Legend of Mana. Size 10 times new roman.

Got an A++. And nobody knew was it was anyway, so win win.

I've always been athletic and played sports, including rugby in college, so I never really looked too geeky. Started working with a girl I went to high school with and she recently told me how she never thought I'd be such a geek. Also completely shattered this one bartenders perception of me when he overheard how me and my co workers were leaving to play Magic: The Gathering last week.

I'll think of something.

ins0mniac on
    X-Box Live Gamertag: Merciless319
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Hello Geek thread

What stories will I tell today?

Maybe the one time I got kamehameha'd in the boner and had to go to the hospital!

Only hospital? Damn you're tough!

He pulled a piccolo and grew it back.

• Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Can I chime in on Goku vs. Superman?

Goku keeps his body when he dies, and isn't really restricted from leaving the afterlife apart from the fact that he decides to stay there. If he wanted, he knows the techniques necessary to instantly teleport back to the land of the living and has nothing that stops him from interacting with the physical world--just a halo that indicates he's dead.

When Superman dies, he has a more restrictive afterlife preventing him from getting revenge...

So even if Superman killed Goku, it's likely that Goku could revenge-kill Superman if he had to (if Superman were a threat to Earth or the Galaxy or something). If Goku killed Superman, he wouldn't come back until a plot contrivance other than his own set of abilities let him.

Also, Goku is shown shadow boxing in the land of the dead with 400 tons strapped to him, as though it were a completely insignificant weight (in regular form, it was too much weight to lift, as a Super Saiyan it was insignificant, but he has 2 more transformations worth of increased power that aren't detailed by how much he can lift--although it should be a vastly larger amount more than say, 800,000 pounds, which he can wear like a set of gloves and boots).

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    i have made 11,277 posts on a video game message board

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    CowShark wrote:

Goku keeps his body when he dies, and isn't really restricted from leaving the afterlife apart from the fact that he decides to stay there. If he wanted, he knows the techniques necessary to instantly teleport back to the land of the living and has nothing that stops him from interacting with the physical world--just a halo that indicates he's dead.

When Superman dies, he has a more restrictive afterlife preventing him from getting revenge...

So even if Superman killed Goku, it's likely that Goku could revenge-kill Superman if he had to (if Superman were a threat to Earth or the Galaxy or something). If Goku killed Superman, he wouldn't come back until a plot contrivance other than his own set of abilities let him.

Also, Goku is shown shadow boxing in the land of the dead with 400 tons strapped to him, as though it were a completely insignificant weight (in regular form, it was too much weight to lift, as a Super Saiyan it was insignificant, but he has 2 more transformations worth of increased power that aren't detailed by how much he can lift--although it should be a vastly larger amount more than say, 800,000 pounds, which he can wear like a set of gloves and boots).

This whole post made my eyeballs fill with blood until they were so full of blood that they exploded like over-ripe fruit and now there's blood all over my laptop, thanks

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    CowShark wrote:

Whether or not Goku can easily return from the dead is irrelevant because he still won't be strong enough to do any serious damage to Superman. Also, yeah, Goku lifts a lot of weight. Compared to a normal human. Superman can hold a black hole in his hands and move and shatter planets. As far as strength goes, nobody in DBZ comes close to Superman. Not even if you put everyone from DBZ together. That is a tug-of-war Superman would win.

And the things Superman can do when he charges up inside the sun are even more ridiculous.

GOD DAMNIT, STOP ALREADY

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Superman averted a global ice age with a single blast from his heat vision

this was right after he destroyed a planet eating the sun

He was pretty casual about it too

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Zek wrote:
    i have made 11,277 posts on a video game message board

If you've done that over like, a couple years, that's not exactly bad. There's about 15 people who were zeroing in on 100k posts here. Couple of them made it, even.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    CowShark wrote:

This whole post made my eyeballs fill with blood until they were so full of blood that they exploded like over-ripe fruit and now there's blood all over my laptop, thanks

If only that would happen to Spectre

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    wwhat if goku shot super man wif batmans gun

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I used to make KiSS dolls and was a part of the KiSS doll community. My avatar actually comes from something I made at that time.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    heh heh heh

• Options
    Druhim you hurt my feelings for reals

I have an affliction

and that affliction is being retarded in several ways

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Berk wrote:
    wwhat if goku shot super man wif batmans gun

The Perfect Post

• Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    But Goku can destroy solar sytems and teleport an unwilling target intergalactically and interdimensionally. He can lock in on anything and instantly teleport to it if it has a strong enough life force or if he's been there before, so he could, even if dead--destroy an uninhabited solar system and then keep dropping Superman out in the middle of deep space until his power that he gets from the sun drains away.

This is such a stupid argument. I can't believe I have to explain this to people.

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    If Goku and Superman had sex, who would top?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    CowShark wrote:
    But Goku can destroy solar sytems and teleport an unwilling target intergalactically and interdimensionally. He can lock in on anything and instantly teleport to it if it has a strong enough life force or if he's been there before, so he could, even if dead--destroy an uninhabited solar system and then keep dropping Superman out in the middle of deep space until his power that he gets from the sun drains away.

This is such a stupid argument. I can't believe I have to explain this to people.

Goku can't destroy solar systems. He's never been shown to destroy solar systems or anything close to that, and Goku would never resort to such underhanded tactics, nor is he bright enough to think about something like that. Also, Superman would never kill Goku so Goku being able to come back even when dead is a moot point.

Superman, on the other hand, has tanked attacks that would have destroyed a solar system and ARGH

NO, ENOUGH

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    i love it when spex cant calm his tits

• Options
    Belruel wrote:

depends on who is taller

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I still can't believe you're even trying to explain this when Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann is obviously superior

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JetFalconJetFalcon Registered User regular
    I really like the Real Housewives of OC. I saw it at the gym one day and I figured it would be a great way to know what's around my area. And where I can take my roommate since that individual is trying to experience the CA lifestyle. I also like Teen Mom, but it's very depressing and not as cool as RHWOOC. And that MTV game show where a bunch of guys and girls live together, like a real life version of Total Drama Island on Cartoon Network.

Are they doing a panel at Comic Con next year? I hope they are.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Oh Bel talking about lipstick also reminds me of all the times my older sister would make me dress up in ballerina outfits and put makeup on me and such.

Day did we grow up together because my sisters pulled that shit on me all the time.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I'm only upset with myself here, you gotta understand.

• Options
    I think Superman would top, he is more decisive and firm than Goku.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    i love it when spex cant calm his tits

hee hee

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    apparently superman is like 6'3 and goku is 5'7

but when he goes supersaiyan he is probably taller
    so i guess it depends on that.

• Options
    Kochikens wrote:
    Belruel wrote:

depends on who is taller

You know I am not sure, but Superman looks bulkier.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Spectre make a willpower check and just leave the rabble to themselves

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    JetFalconJetFalcon Registered User regular
    Belruel wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:
    Belruel wrote:

depends on who is taller

You know I am not sure, but Superman looks bulkier.

I think batman is sexier

• Options
    Kochikens wrote:

Yeah, you're right, SS4 Goku would definitely top.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Okay, the Kamehameha story:

During Elementary School me and the neighborhood kids loved watching Toonami and all of the good-to-crappy anime that came with it. Our favorite, of course, was Dragon Ball Z. We obsessed over every episode, came up with our own characters and talked about how we were totally sayians you guys.

Our game of choice was Story. It was essentially Fanfiction Masterpiece Theatre mixed with DnD. We had one kid be the storyteller, they would decide whether something a player did was allowed within the story, meanwhile the rest of us pulled out characters from anything we could thing of and went wild.

Surprisingly, there was only one girl in the group. Her name was Erin and she was the older sister of one of the younger guys, and the same age as me. This, of course, made her the perfect woman to me. Unfortunately, another guy in the group, also named Zach, thought the same thing.

Zach and I didn't get along very well. He was loud, angry and kind of a nerdy meathead. Unfortunately that meant that he completely outclassed me physically. Story was pretty much the only time I could get a leg up on him.

So, we were playing the usual game. I was Goku, he was Vegeta and we were in a duel to the death. Punches were thrown, energy balls were flying. It was a battle of the ages. Of course, if you were driving by it would have looked like two idiot kids running around screaming things at each other. An easy mistake to make.

So, the battle raged on. I looked to the sidelines and saw Erin watching. My time had come. I looked Zach dead in the eyes, cocked a smile and yelled "SUPER SAIYAN INFINITY". The unstoppable move. There was no way he could top it. I look at Erin and start to smile when I hear to my side "uh...well..SUPER SAIYAN DOUBLE INFINITY"

What the fuck was he doing. There is no double infinity. Infinity is the highest it goes! He was breaking the rules.

And so it went until we reached Ninth Infinity. Finally, the storyteller tells us to stop powering up and just fight each other. While playing a DBZ game. Hilarious.

I plant my feet, channel my ki and send the best spirit bomb in the entire world crashing into his head.

He throws a soccer ball at my dick and yells KAMEHAMEHA.

To make it worse, being a young man who was thinking about a pretty girl, I had a raging erection.

I don't think I've ever seen my dad laugh so hard as when I came limping in and explained what happened.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm hemorrhaging shame all over the place.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:

hair does not contribute to height

trust me, I know

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    goku goes on top
    no matter what

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    The geekiest thing I have ever done... I am working on a comic/prose thing inspired by lots of comics and videogames and Kamen Rider and Power Rangers.

I would waste so much time at college watching Kamen Rider... Kabuto I think it was.

I've been a member of a forum for nearly a decade, if I count my lurking years.

How do I use Google to search the forums? I can't find the SE Brink thread.

It is here.

• Options
    uh mysst

hair totally contributes to height when factoring these things

but really I dont even care to devote that much thought to this, now ask me about vegeta x supes....

• Options
    Berk wrote:
    goku goes on top
    no matter what
    why do you say that berk?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Blank you are wonderful.

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    lets get this onto an episode of deadliest warrior so we can have the experts sort this out once and for all

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Power

bottom